/vrg/ - Virtual Reality General

First general. Feel free to create and manage a pastebin and start the next thread with it.

>Temporary links:
vrchat.net/ offical vrchat site with download links and account registration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality what is this

>Recommended VR headsets:
-oculus rift (better hand controllers)
-htc vive (better tracking)
-(alternatively wait for gen 2 TBA release date 2018)

>Things to add to pastebin:
-FAQs
-useful links tutorials and guides (primarily for vrchat) on unity, blender, etc
-model resources
-list of compatible and/or recommended current and upcoming VR games

Previous thread:
>199821587

Other urls found in this thread:

3d.nicovideo.jp/works/td26278
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh
pastebin.com/XL9AG46f
steamcommunity.com/app/438100/discussions/0/135508292190050590/#comment_135508292192109949
ufile(dot)io/gd47k
youtube.com/watch?v=YyqecP2mn0c
bowlroll.net/file/69759
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any recommendations for laid-back shit to show off VR kits with? Google Earth VR is about the only thing that comes to mind to give non-gamers a little taste of room prescence and scale.

Rec-Room?

>still no pastebin 2 days later
Looks like I gotta make it myself.

I'm proud of you!
Do your best!
I wonder where they got that model from
or if they made it themself

Nothing too active with randoms like that. Is there any walking-simulator style shit for Rift/Vive?

The Cagliostro? That's me, I found the model on melonbooks and worked on it.

link?
I don't actually have the game installed i just like archiving models i like

Put them in a The Lab minigame or JanusVR, and don't worry about something innappropriete popping up in Janus, its pretty much dead.

Can anyone else not login to VRCHAT right now?

Cutest common avatar.

Didn't realize the last thread reached bump limit.

If you're new to worldbuilding and want to learn by working on a /vrg/ world with your fellow scrubs, feel free to add me (Azuth#0104) on discord. We started this idea at the literal end of last thread so no work has actually started yet, but I plan on setting up a Unity Collaborate cloud project tomorrow morning and we can go from there.

Can't remember where I put the link, sadly but it's on melonbooks. It was a pay model.

How lewd can we get away with? There's a good Takao in nothing but a bikini but that may be bad news.

Fuck, Cog is pretty much perfect.

Yeah that’s my favorite too

>pay model
Gah!

>How lewd can we get away with?
I've imported pic related and I've been fine so far. Guarantee a prude mod would warn me though since she still has nipples and an actual vagina under the panties.

>Cog is pretty much perfect
She sure is

3d.nicovideo.jp/works/td26278

If somebody could get this unity ready you'd be a lifesaver. I just want to be cute.

You know people always was telling me "don't get killing floor incursion its shit"
And I thought it was alright, sure it wasn't the generic repetitive killing floor style gameplay but it was something nice and new.
Kinda wish I wasn't the only richfag out of all my friends, none of them can justify or even afford to waste money on buying a VR setup and its painfully obvious that the game was designed for co-op

Not trying to be a dick, but you should learn to do it yourself. Once you upload a model you like, you're going to keep wanting to add more. It's an addiction and the sooner you learn efficient ways to work on models, the cuter you will become.

I know, and I plan to. I've got cat's thing and I'm making decent headway but right now it's just giving me a headache.

I keep seeing the richfag meme, but I bet these people saying it have iPhones and ps4 or something.

No pain, no gain gamer.

That has more than 200k polys I imagine, you need to find a model with lower poly count and work on that, decimate works but it isn't magic, it looks like crap if you overdo it.

>First general
This is the 2nd one, at least change that one thing if you're going to copypaste

If you were an actual richfag you'd buy all your friends VR

>When you have a great conversation with VR Hitler in VRchat and decide to go ahead with buying a Vive

Thanks, Hitler.

Can I play VRchat with a static avatar until I get a VR Headset? Gonna wait until the new 2018 gens come out.

>tfw too dumb to get the avatar from blender to unity

>tfw too dumb to get something sculpted from Oculus Medium into Blender, into something usable in Unity
I still can't believe Facebook is just giving that shit away free with their touch controllers.

Sure, you can test it out in front of a mirror to see how it moves, almost all the main hubs have mirrors.

>tfw you've gotten past that but now you have to deal with a whole slew of issues like textures not displaying correctly, bones not mapping correctly, and bone hierarchy inexplicably shitting itself up on every model you try to fuck with

Just end me my dude. I just want the big tiddy lucoa model as my avatar why is that so hard

What's with half the VR library on Steam being streamer-bait 30min long shit for $15-20?

emergent technology with no developed marketing strategies yet

I personally blame jews and not the corporate ones either, just the wannabe jews who bandwagon onto whatever they think will make them a quick buck then move on to the next thing once that fails to make them the dosh they crave

Shiieeet I want a titty avatar but as soon as I learn this shit i'm making some OC Donut Steels. Unfortunately my main OC is flat as a board. I guess I could make a regular version and deluxe titty monster too.

The user base for PC VR headsets is still too small to be seen as profitable for most developers. Making a game that is streamer bait gives the game a chance to go viral, which can result in lots of people who would normally not buy it buying it.
Also because longer experiences would have a hard time effectively taking full advantage of VR's features. VR gets less comfortable the longer you're using it because the headset causes sweating and discomfort and roomscale, standing up for hours gets uncomfortable as well. So games with long play times benefit a lot less from VR when compared to games that only demand 30 minutes to an hour to finish and are cheaper as a result.

I just wanted to say that the reason for Pascal's delay is because it will come with a special line of VR cards that get bundled with second gen headsets (which will be 120hz)

Don't drop $1000 on headsets and trackers right now, buy something for cheap second hand if you must

I can't seem to find the world with the initial d car avatars. What happened to it?

If you want I could upload the mmd model for you.

why the delete, was going to add it to next thread

>Windows 10 is more optimized specifically for VR than W7/8
Any specifics? Actually curious about this. Only thing I heard that was good for VR is tech like nVidia's multi-projection which saves a fuckton on rendering time for rendering a right-eye perspective using geometry data already inplace for left-eye.

General VR resources:
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

Recommended VR applications/games
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

VRChat resources and tutorials (NEW):
pastebin.com/XL9AG46f

Previous thread:

I messed up the name field and forgot the "Previous thread:" link. Feel free to use this one above.

DirectX 12 mostly.

Fuck-all still uses DX12. If anything I see more VR shit using Vulkan.

Can i play this with PSVR+Trinus?

Does anyone have a Bane avatar for VRChat?

PSVR works but no hand controls yet, you'd need to use mouse and keyboard while wearing the headset, the devs have it planned though, probably for next year:

steamcommunity.com/app/438100/discussions/0/135508292190050590/#comment_135508292192109949
>we will soon be on multiple platforms (Oculus Store, HTC Vive Store, PSVR, etc)

Hey hey, that'd be cool. I'm only just getting into this stuff so I could use all the good anime models I can get.

Sorry, I don't know my animes, but who are these fine young girls sitting beside in pic related?

ufile(dot)io/gd47k
Tell me if you get it working

I have a obj file of a model I want to export to pmx to use with Cats Blender Plugin. Problem is, mmd_tools on Blender has a PMX option under export, but it never really exports. What do?

Anyone have the AE86 for VRChat?

The one on the right is rem from re:zero. Not sure the one on the left might be an abyssal from kancolle or just a miku edit.

What are the chances I can get one of these bad boys up and running for VRChat?

Maybe the VR thread on has some informations, those things must be pretty expensive though.

down to 19kish polys but i can't make the texture load right

something is up with her face and it's driving me crazy

That's just a novint falcon, they used to cost like $60 dunno what they cost now

dumb and forgot the image

yeah that's the same problem I have and I basically have no knowledge of that stuff so I can't fix it. I could go with the swimsuit version which has lower tris than the other one but dunno if it's sfw for vrchat

Because you're crunching down tris and that fucks with the UV mapping. Worst case, you'll have to go in and manually re-unwrap it to the texture.

>novint falcon
Worth looking up some guide, there's probably a way to get it to work in vrc with some hacking.
The boobs aren't connected to the program, or are they? if they are than that must be a custom version of the device, because from the images I see the normal one has only the thing on the pointy end, nothing behind.

Is the brown mask the toon shader? there's another option in unity according to this post:
I still haven't reached that part but I recommend you check it out. Removing the mask should save you at least 2k polys (better make a backup before you do this).

I don't have a 'models' folder in the VRChat sub-folder of the steam folder. Should I just make one and put it in VRChat, or VRChat_Data?

>Try to put in eye tracking
>One of the eyes starts spazzing out in game, while the other tracks fine
>Have no clue why
>Disable eye movement completely

I opened up a new one and without doing any editing did an atlas map in Blender and half her face went totally black.

I think what may be going on there is that since I'm using the original texture map and deleted the sword that came with her, it's misreading it a bit. Maybe I need to try manually removing it from the texture's png.

Why would you need a "models" folder in your VRChat folder?

Just kill me famalams

I really need to find out how to fix those seams that decimate introduces into the uv map. I have no clue how to properly uv unwrap in blender.

What are you attempting to do?

Also does this Lucoa have animated eyes?

Nevermind. I think it was just housekeeping from the video guide I was using.

I'm trying to get the model from blender to unity without problems and yes I guess she has animated eyes

Just ordered a Vive since they're on sale. Comes with Fallout 4 VR, what are some must-have VR games for me to buy while everything's still on sale?

What video guide are you using? Trying to figure out custom avatars myself...

I've seen a few, but don't know what world.

I'm sort of interested in making some worlds in the game. What are the poly limits?

Rec Room is fun, I don't have it but heard superhot VR is a must.

The one linked to in the first result of the steam guides for VRChat. That and youtube.com/watch?v=YyqecP2mn0c

They were just the first one's I happened to comes across.

fuck custom avatars in VRchat,
ayy lmao shenanigans for life

I swear I've seen this exact world ingame

Cool, just bought Superhot VR, Rec Room is free. Any more sales I should take advantage of?

Does the 10倍用 mean it's 10 times the size? Should I use the other .pmx?

I gotta figure this shit out so I can make Bikko models. With and without eye patch and bandages, prosthetic leg and wheelchair.

Job Simulator and I Expect you to Die are pretty good ones.

Feels like Oculus shot itself in the foot by having its sensors figure out what's in the designated space, since it'll limit how many potential things you could track without confusing the software.

Nothing stopping them from changing it to Vive's setup for a v2 model though.

Even though it is great, a big problem with I expect you to die though is that it is primarily a puzzle game, and as a result only really good for one playthrough

I wouldn't be surprised, That's from the first season of RWBY. I recreated it in Maya as practice.

It had a lot of easy to make world content, so I used it as practice material.

fuck this shit. I simply can't make the model work even with following video guides

Don't give up user. It may take time but you'll nail it eventually. Then everyone in VR will be nailing you. You won't master it in a day.

Okay, so this comes in two parts. When assembled it's supposed to look like this bowlroll.net/file/69759 little buttplug critter.

Can I combine the two objects in blender into one model, and what else would I need to do to make this workable? Add some bones?

Select both mesh and hit ctrl+J?

how am I going to master shit if I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. I'm just a brainlet who wants a custom avatar

You decimated too much, that model has simply too many polys to being with.
Either remove some piece of clothes or merge the clothes to the body so you can remove the underclothes polys.

it already looks alright once you fix the rig with CATS, you may need to add extra armature but the base skeleton looks okay

I guess I have to look for another model then. such a shame because I really like this one

Set decimation back to 1.0 on all pieces and try merging the legwear to the legs, it's not like you can swap pieces of clothes ingame anyway.
Do the same for other pieces of clothes then decimate again, it should save at least a good 30% of polys.

You could always resort to paying someone to do it for you, at least initially. I know it sounds kinda lame but you could probably get someone to do it for a few bucks.

If anyone with any talent in this was smart and wanted to make some money they'd start selling their services.

(cont)
>merging
By merging I mean not CTRL+J but manually in Edit Mode, trim the legs where the legwear polys start, then merge the leg polys to the legwear.