/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BqE1F5LVxIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=si6imkv0PdM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9WYnJDHk8A
youtube.com/watch?v=HgNv3Agko3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Huntress post

1st for sword and shield weapon

MHGen/X: What is the best starter armor set? I'm playing Doubre Crosso Japanese and I'm at the end of Village *2 quests and I'm still rocking leather set for gathering. I haven't been able to upgrade my bone hammer either because it requires Jumbo Bone and I have no idea where it's coming from. Also Jaggi set is traditionally the best starting set but you know...there is no fucking great Jaggi mission anywhere yet. Why the game is so dumb? I haven't had any issues with previous games but this shit is starting to get on my nerves.

Propose a realistic (read: Cheap and quick to implement) way to balance the CB in World

You don't need Great Jaggi to make the Jaggi set. Go kill regular Jaggi

Red shield buff gets removed on SAED use.

Thick Huntress Thighs

Just kill normal jaggis and you will have the armor in no time, it's not that good though.
The Tetsucabra is pretty okay for defense and will have no trouble getting through low rank.

Reave Chaajibureido to me

13th and 14th, last I checked.

First is a little overstated

NO NID, IT IZU BARANSUD ARUREDI

meowstress post

Hi there cutie

Hiya

She better come back, but as a housekeeper this time.

Traps

THAT"S NOT A RHYME

no rhymes when I'm off the clock, faggot

The total time for CB for both monsters is 8:18 The only other weapon that even comes close is HBG at 8:37.

Look I understand not wanting to admit to the superiority of CB but it's time everyone laid back and accepted the only good cutting device and blocking apparatus weapon set in Monster Hunter into themselves.

When I first saw Anjanath, i wasn't super impressed since he was "just a dinosaur"
but you know after spending some quality time with him in the demo, the fucker has really grown on me

I want to fuck anjanath so she can flap those wings open when i cum inside

this no GP from draw
no regular AED from GP (SAED is still kosher since it can't be spammed if you lose red shield)
make SAED eat 10 more sharpness

so basically make it 4U CB but make the GP only able to go into SAED and not regular AED and make it eat sharpness faster, forcing it to work in solo play the way it mostly does online in 4U (where monsters aggroing other players makes it far more difficult to play reactively and do reasonable damage, so you actually manually morph in and out of axe mode to dump phials and use the thrust to combo into AEDs)

This is a good Deviant

On-screen touch controls are unbearable.
Should I buy a moga or suck it up?

>No regular AED from GP
No thanks

Just give the player a yellow shield after an SAED where you cannot perform a SAED for 30secs.
A cooldown is simple enough.

Maybe a similar cooldown to Wyvernfire, whatever that is in World.

>Jumbo Bone
Ask the black npc in the village.

twitter.com/hiromuhand0622/status/846916645780045825

>be newfag, playing 4U
>mfw I have 100k zenny at HR2, just killed the Gore Magala for the story
What am I going to do with all this money, do the prices for crafting just skyrocket once you hit HR or something?

25 frames per second is unbearable.
Should I buy a pro or suck it up?

This is also a good deviant

>100k

wow, enough for ONE final upgrade!

Lower the numbers.

If you want framerate you PC

I'll take that as a yes then.

#replacealldiabloswithbloodlustdiablos

>do the prices for crafting just skyrocket once you hit HR or something?
Yeah
And then again in G
But by then it's super easy to make money just by selling monster parts you know you don't need any time soon. Even low rank common shit can be worth 100-300z

You can choose to not play the game if you're such a lil bitch

>ends the world with a fuckhuge steam burst

I just rewatched the 3'44 SAED run.
He did 4 SAED's within a minute, and then 5 within the next minute.

A cool-down would be a good idea.

SAED was only used once per hunt in 4U TAs. A cooldown would solve literally nothing.

its pretty fucken tiny, actually

Doesn't sound too crazy. 100k from quest rewards or are you selling mats/items? Being a hoarder is perfectly normal and sane in MH.

personally I want to avoid cooldowns in mh as much as possible. there have to be more creative ways to balance movesets. Using a special move should be based on situations and sacrifice, rather than "its really strong I gotta use it off cooldown every damn time"

That's because the damage output for everything else in Axe mode was stupid high in 4U.
They nerfed the damage of Axe mode swings since then.

SAED could use a longer wind-up I guess, it barely takes any more time than the regular AED

they're good for KOs but the actual damage from those explosions isn't going to scale very far is it?

delete it

Wrong. 4U CB TA was
>rush red shield+five/six phials
>stand in front of the monster and wait
>GP an attack
>AED
>repeat
>any time the monster can't move, spam morph to axe->A->X->A
Almost all the damage came from AEDs. REGULAR AEDs and the ability to punish anything a monster does with them by comboing into them quickly out of GPs are the problem with 4U CB. However, the only reason SAEDs WEREN'T a problem is that they also dumped your shield, which is exactly how they should work. Cooldowns (that aren't simply based on recovery animations that apply to any action, not just specific ones) are an absolutely retarded mechanic in an action game. However, making your most powerful attacks some kind of measured sacrifice is a great way to balance them. That's why they're called finishers, you're supposed to use them to finish the fight because 1: they do a shitload of damage and 2: you don't want to have to continue fighting after you use them. And generally the last hit of a CB TA in 4U would be the SAED, meaning it worked exactly as intended.

>chargeblade is the best
youtu.be/BqE1F5LVxIQ

I think they just need to increase the resources consumed when you use SAED. that's about it really.

>gunlance owns in low rank
fires the almonds

youtube.com/watch?v=si6imkv0PdM
Correct.

We grown ups are talking about Rathalos and Diablos here.
Anja is for Worldbaby

Alright, that's good to know. I'll make sure to start clearing out some of my unwanted monster parts if I feel the need.
Mostly just quest rewards, only about 10k of that is Might Seeds. I'd spend it if I could, but most of the sets I'm getting access to right now just aren't necessary to me. I'm definitely not going to waste time farming a Rathian Plate for the armor when I already have my Nerscylla stuff all tricked out.
On that note, is there a certain armor set I should be looking to get as a bridge between LR and HR?

can someone post the kut ku hammer

Look at how scared he is

a e s t h e t i c aside, what's the point?

bullying kut kus

When you were satisfied that Gen and XX are hot garbage and went back to a previous entry, what QOL feature did you miss the most? For me it's being able to blacklist people you recently played with and not just people who are online in the hall you are currently in and not on a quest.

why would someone do this

When I realized that all MH are hot garbage and went back to other games I didn't miss any QoL.

Every monster that uses the 'dancing faggot bird' skeleton deserves to be bullied desu

>gunlance owns in low rank
Maybe gunlance keeps getting nerfed because the devs never play the latter content?

>implying they play the game at all

How did this even get past the design stage? Do they even play monster hunter?

Continuous carving.

Holy shit this a million times, and for gathering. A good chunk of the reason I'm looking forward to World is instant gathering, I just want to hoard shit, not spend 999999999999999 years picking it up

What am I looking at?

Even though that's just a giggy jiggy, this weapon is absolutely fucking disgusting.
>short and fast AND long and slow
>shield
>guard points
>guard points into strongest move in the game
>which you can now spam ridiculously fast
>sword charge near instant to fill all phials, like 3 fucking hits
>guard points out of any action

Its damage should be near 0 for this much utility to be anything like balanced.

Back when Tri was relevant, none of the randoms I played with ever did storymode. They would quit the party to gather honey on their own. It was the most annoying shit.

Man, I kinda miss Tri. Being my first MH made it special to me

Same. I even managed to trick myself into liking underwater fights.

The only true mistake with underwater hunts was making your vertical direction camera-relative. That was an utterly fucktarded decision in 3U.

Brave SA and its morph spam

>QOL

Oh. Found it youtube.com/watch?v=Y9WYnJDHk8A

Horribly gimping every weapon that didn't have long reach didn't help either good thing I played Lance

Underwater monsters all had super gimped attacks, which was nice.

I did it, praise me /mhg/!

Nice job user

Anyone got a link to the dual blades rathalos TA?

also hammer

Come back when you beat Super Frostpeak while naked and blindfolded, loser.

Nice work, user!

This was posted before the end of the beta, so not every time is final, but both final times you wanted are here.

If 5, the third beta on Jan 5th will include HD Blood option

I don't know what that is and it sure looks dead! Congrats.

oh dang thanks

What monster is this, anyway? New to the series.

Frontier trash. Don't pay attention to it.

High Rank. Literally its advantage so far is set damage.

chibi artist is やきうどん(igriega)
Monster is youtube.com/watch?v=HgNv3Agko3U

If 7, PC release is in 2019.