Is there any branch of Christianity that rejects the idea of God being omnipotent and omniscient...

Is there any branch of Christianity that rejects the idea of God being omnipotent and omniscient, but without rejecting the idea of a creator God entirely?

Most arguments I find discussing the idea of God being neither omnipotent nor omniscient tends to end with "so he can't exist".

The Jewish god. He is somehow unaware that adam and eve had eaten the apple until after he literally found them in the garden and saw for himself.

There's this thing called the demiurge in magic is real-tier Semitic religions, but that's highly unchristian.

some gnosticisms

>unchristian
Marcion and gnostic christians would beg to differ

He was giving them a chance to come clean on their own.

not supported in the text

blasphemous heretics

There are a bunch of examples of the Jewish God being neither omnipotent nor omniscient though, and there are a lot of paradoxes and other non-paradoxical discrepancies that come up if you read the Hebrew Bible with the idea of God having both those attributes.

Yes, I realize that. What I'm interested though is if there's any Christians who look to the Old Testament and say, "Hey, he doesn't seem omnipotent, maybe we should take note of that."

according to the victors

Yes it is because elsewhere in the scriptures it is written that God is all knowing and therefore Genesis is read with this revelation in mind.

Paradoxes are inevitable with our puny brains.

Whom God also supports seeing as how they were victorious.

First off I completely disagree with you.

Secondly this thread isn't about whether God actually is omnipotent or omniscient, it's about whether there are any Christian denominations that do not believe him to be either of those two things.

No there are not because the notion that God is not omnipotent/omniscient is directly contradicted by scripture:

>I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please”

- Isaiah 46:9-10

>“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account”

- Hebrews 4:13

A lot of denominations of Christianity believe things other denominations of Christians would say "is directly contradicted by scripture".

Try to understand, I'm not asking whether God has these attributes. I'm not asking whether the scripture (in your opinion) contradicts it or not, I don't believe in God, I'm asking only, is there a Christian denomination that does not believe that God has those two attributes.

Quoting scripture won't show that, it really, really won't.

The answer remains no.

>this christcuck and his confirmation bias

anime is idolatry

>Marcion
Not the only game in town.

>beg to differ
Depends on who we're talking about; some of the 'Gnostic' groups had a more or less Platonic view of Demiurge - incompetent and sympathetic at worst. Others started making bolder cosmological claims.

incorporating platonic ideas doesn't mean they're "unchristian" though. gnosticism was a key part of the early christian movement, although there were other gnostic groups that incorporated polytheistic mythology instead of christianity

Unitarianism.

Open Theism is a relatively new movement in theology that denies God's omniscience about future events to leave more space for human's free will.

There are lots of branches in Christianity that ignore certain aspects of God and the Bible.

I doubt that you could call it Christianity at that point, however. It's like cutting the neck off of a turtleneck sweater, and then wearing it and telling everyone that you're still wearing a turtleneck sweater.