>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ABWdz1EIYq0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any point to being a Mound Maker?

second for gwyndolin

>early
I will never understand this

So you know how Filianore dying ends the illusion of the ringed city and reveals the turboapocalypse, kind of like how Gwynevere's illusion is all that's sustaining the illusion of Anor Londo

Who's sustaining the Firelink Shrine illusion, Ludleth? Because we know the "real" firelink shrines is either the Untended Graves or the one next to the Kiln

What are the best STR weapons in DS3?

On my SL 20 twink, I feel like a god when I get summoned as a MM. I can kill whatever or whomever. Sometimes I clear the level of mobs, sometimes I hunt phantoms or invaders, and sometimes I just go for the host. You really do get to be a wild card, and no summon is the same. It's great.

Ledos
Yhorms
Heavy Greataxe
Milwood Axe

Killing isn't murder user

MILL
WOOD
BATTLE
AXE

easier invades

Heavy Twinaxes, but don't go around telling everyone. These things are fucking beastly.

Killing good people is murder in my country, and the sheer fact that Sirris, a Dorkmoon is invading him doesn't bode well for his murderer status.

I'm level 22 right now. Where do I go about getting summoned, since I don't have any orbs?

reminder that tumblebuffing is a thing again

>Killing good people is murder in my country,

Your country's dumb user

Killing is only murder if it's not state sanctioned, and since there's no state to sanction killing in the DS universe since Lothric, Lordran, and Anor Londo are all gone to shit, there's no such thing as murder

Bad news, SpongeBob is back, but without his pictures. When you see someone act like him, tell him to go fuck himself and report his posts if he starts spamming.

Talk to Leonhard in Firelink Shrine. He'll give you some cracked orbs. Talk to him again once you get a Pale Tongue (you can pick one up in Undead Settlement, Darkwraiths drop them, and you get them from killing hosts as a red invader) and he'll send you on a mini quest to get the regular Red Eye Orb. Then you can invade as much as you want.

You can also get the Red Soapstone by killing a maggot creature in the Cathedral, but that's usually used for dueling rather than invading.

I read something about R1 R1 R2 with longsword in pvp, but it doesn't seem to work. Was I bamboozled or does it just require that you're fighting a sea slug

Actually, he's invading her.

Maybe he got tired of her talking shit about murder

I should have added, you can buy the White Soapstone from the Shrine Handmaid, and place your sign to get summoned. Around level 20, you'll get a few summons in High Wall, plenty in Undead Settlement, and a few in Road of Sacrifices / Farron Swamp. When you're on the Travel menu at a bonfire, it will show little icons next to bonfires that have activity in your matchmaking range, so head for those places.

I just finished my first playthrough and didn't notie Leonhard until near the end. So I guess I didn't consider he'd be there from the start.

>using slow weapons kills you
wrong
>"PvP meta" level is just high enough to softcap everything you use so every build is the same
every build is the same but some builds are less the same than others

>tfw the only reason I don't use straight swords is because the character holds them like a stick instead of a sword

Especially when it's two handed I mean seriously what the fuck even is that

>can't shoulder large weapons in your offhand
>make enemies do the same thing instead of just fixing the shitty animations you ported from ds1
offhand weapons normally having literally half the capabilities of a mainhand weapon is just the icing on the cake

Who needs straight swords anyway?

>invade
>host takes zero damage
>lost red eye orb
Fanfuckingtastic.

Then grab the one in Undead Settlement where the fire demon is. You can sprint up there and be done with it in like 2 minutes, and you get the sexy Northern set while you're there. Chloranthy Ring as well if you go all the way.

I swear that I'm not that person, why this always happen to me?

noice
could you try with the greatsword of judgement? I wonder if CMW stacks with its built in buff

works on my machine

Gwyn was right
Seath made the right choice
Nameless King is Sen
Wolnir is the Bearer of the Curse lifted
Gwyndolin was in bed with the pygmies
Dark-eater Midir's areana is the area the pygmy came to being
Pvp is not cannon
Ornstein killed himself
The blood curse and the Soul curse are not related
The gael fight is further in time, not the showing of an illusion

any other facts i missed anons?

shanalotte is the best girl

>Wolnir is the Bearer of the Curse lifted
explain this one

the WA should have been a toggle desu

"Once upon a time, such things were bequeathed judiciously to each of the rightful lords, until Wolnir brought them to their knees, and ground their crowns to dust. Then the crowns became one, and Wolnir, the one High Lord."

A human lord that instead of hollowing fell to the abyss after taking crowns for himself. In an age that hasnt seen multiple kings since most of time. And then, instead of being killed, its buried. Even in defeating him we dont kill him, he falls back into the abyss so we can pass by him. What else could have become of a human soul that could not hollow?

ds2 is cannon within ds3 btw, this isnt arguable as of the ringed city.

It is possible to "kill" Wolnir the way other bosses are "killed," it's just extremely difficult. He takes slight damage from being struck in places other than the magic bracelets.

yeah ok but wolnir's crown is stupid looking and the bearer of the curse had the best fashion in the series so it can't be him

you have to hold the r2 in a lil bit. it takes some practice

>The gael fight is further in time
in the present, the kiln and the place where you fight gael are the present of dark souls 3
the time has been stopped (has flown very slowly towards the end because of the weakening first flame) in the ringed city thanks to filianore's power, that's why the ringed city is still in a relatively decent state compared to the dreg heap

>posts one webm where he gets a lucky 3hko against a panic roller.
>power within
literally lamoing at ur life kid.

>DS2 vanilla offline
>got all three souls from the giant memories
>welp, guess it's time for DLC!
>go for ivory king first, since it's apparently the least good one
>torches don't work, but fuck them I guess
>regular enemies take like 5-6 hits of my magic to die, unless it's soul spear
>got lost in the storm in the city
>go to the left, since I avoided it thinking it was the "main" way
>have to fight and invisible dog to whom I don't deal even decent damage

Well shit, this one's going to be rather annoying.

i want to take executioner smough to flavortown

the 3 dlc shit on casters and elemental damage hard

Id say the method of entering and leaving the fight imply that even his difference in death animation doesnt imply a difference in him living on after the fight. The catylist for wolnir still exists either way. And if simply killing him was an option the watchers wouldve done it, afflicted or not they buried carthus before they began losing to the abyss.
The first jump is to the kiln/dreg. The state we enter the ringed city in is no illusion it is how it is. When destroying the egg we go further. For the ringed city to be an illusion it would have to mean dark-eater midir is also an illusion which wouldnt make sense. Among other things like how exactly the ringed city couldve fallen considering how its protected. The whole point of the heap is to show everything else being consumed because it was not walled off by Gwyn like the ringed city was.
It would also make little sense then for fillie to be casting this odd illusion to begin with, if its by choice then i cant see a reason, if its Gwyn's doing then he failed because gael did get to the pygmies. I could go on...

Didn't 2 have an int infusion that did physical damage, enchanted or something? Try that.

What causes such blatant lapses in design decisions?
There is no reason for backstepping to have no i-frames.
There is no reason that weapons can't be infused AND buffed, especially elemental ones.
There is no reason there shouldn't be pure elemental damage weapons.
Balance? It's literally just math, that's the developers fucking job.

>There is no reason that weapons can't be infused AND buffed, especially elemental ones
>make all weapons do less damage for balance reasons now
>gimp yourself if you don't buff
nice
>There is no reason there shouldn't be pure elemental damage weapons.
I mean I guess? DLC2 pyro curved sword is fire. MLGS is like 80% magic.

>There is no reason that weapons can't be infused AND buffed, especially elemental ones.
>There is no reason there shouldn't be pure elemental damage weapons.
Just play Das2.

>The first jump is to the kiln/dreg.
there is still no direct way between the dreg and the ringed city, you need the bat demons to take you there, because they are in the same plane doesn't mean that there is not a clear limit between them, we've already seen how gwyndolin can affect an entire zone with his power (though in his case it was clearly an illusion)

so it is not an illusion, when you break the egg the time just catches up and everything that was preserved to the passage of time thanks to her power just turns to dust

>every single invasion but one has a phantom with endgame armor and a lightning weapon with a terrible connection
>to get all sorceries, pyromancies, rings, etc. you need about 30 successful invasions with each faction
Who the fuck designed this?

I dont see how that would account for Gaels transformation. And the bat demons carry us around plenty of places, I dont see them being involved being evidence of anything except the ringed city simply being blocked off by normal methods, the same way annor londo was.

Honestly im not even sure I understand what youre saying. Time catches up? but its not an illusion, but it is time travel? Whats the point of the linking then? If killie will preserve time? I dont see it.
Grind, only takes bout 5 hours for all 3

>Grind, only takes bout 5 hours for all 3
So if I get the serpent ring, there's a method to whacking regular enemies until I have enough?

silver knights drop blueberries
carthus skellies drop mad bones
....i forget the third drop but it should be on the wiki

Id rec using the mimic head as welll, and coins to make it quicker. Its still not a great design over all but....eh it beats being a fucking blueberry

how do i stop being a trophyfag guys? i want to play ds3 but i need to platinum ds2 first

why do you bring gael's transformation up? it has nothing to do with the ringed city's temporal setting
again it is not an illusion, think general relativity, how a huge amount of time in a specific frame of reference can be a very short moment in another frame

well in this case the world around the ringed city is the first frame and the ringed city is the second frame, when you break the egg and wake filianore up the second frame ceases to exists

it's also important to note that the Bracelets were some form of comfort for him, so by breaking those; you just allow the Abyss to consume him with fear, doesn't mean he's dead by any means, just means he was consumed wholly by the Abyss.
The real question is if his Humanity went wild like Manus afterwords, or how the Abyss came to be within the Catacombs.
I get that smouldering lake was the Demon Ruins and possibly Lost Izalith,
but it doesn't offer any explaination as to why the Abyss is just above it.

>That fucking feel when you get a gay perri' off on some scrub but you miss the riposetti because you dodged away
Such a bad feelereno. Its trash and dumb to smoke.

Im saying if its different times, not a skip forward im not seeing how gael got into the city and took the dark souls. Im not seeing how this first frame/second frame idea accounts for the comings and goings of the other characters.

I guess im finding it hard to understand because im not seeing how two time frames being seperated by the breaking of the egg is any different then the time before and after egg breaking being differences in time long enough to justify gael consuming all the dark souls.
The abyss came to carthus because the abyss comes to everything eventually, the watchers sunk the entire fucking city into the ground to prevent the spread of the abyss, they succeeded in that but failed to contain it and then became afflicted.

-{~>[/("dark")\]

stop pretending to be aris

-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("-{~>[/("dark")\]

Make me, stoner.

>the abyss comes to everything eventually
Hasn't there only been three moments in Dark Souls where the Abyss has been present? The Four Kings in New Londo, Manus after his grave got overturned in Oolacile and now Wolnir if I'm not mistaken.
But there's no explanation as how Wolnir was exposed to the Abyss, just that the Watchers sealed away Carthus because it was corrupted.

I meant in the sense of its inevitability. The whole reason for the fire linking curse and all. Also Untended graves would be a forth and very important example of abyss taking over. Now how carthus fell to it exactly well, they didnt seem like they where all about light and happiness anyway. If their cursed after-selves are any indication carthus wasnt a great place. Falling to the abyss after so many years wouldnt be hard for wolnir, being immune to hollowing...some other darkness took him and so his kingdom fell. How he fell is probably lost to the abyss watchers, or the citizens of carthus before it was sunk.

why

youtube.com/watch?v=ABWdz1EIYq0

Great Mace+Mace/Warpick are a favorite of mine, fairly basic but dependable

You COULD use CE to change the holding animations of a sword to the spear animations, but it's annoying and most people don't like CE anyway

>we will never use the Stone Greatsword in DaS3
Tranquil Walk of Peace was something this game really needed

Objectively it's Splitleaf.

>Elana the piss covered queen keeps summoning piss covered velstadt
Now that I think about it I'm surprised anyone even bought the second DLC when the only good boss in sunken was Sinh

r8 my build

I like her for the challenge she gave, and for being a rather unique boss. It's not just that she's basically what Nashandra should have been, but her fighting style is smart and unrelenting (she blasts you with powerful magic spells while you're distracted with the mobs, teleports to your blind spots to attack you with her axe, isn't shy about summoning the strongest help she can get). It's easy to hate her, and you can't really respect that fighting style, but it's also sort of understandable given how she's designed.

If you're going to be leveling Attunement up to 10 anyways, may as well just pick K***ht class in the first place.

>when your opponent can spam parry and win because you need to hit them like 5 times so they only need a 1/5 succeeds rate overall
Parry op pls nerf

>fighting host wearing full abyss watcher at sl 50+6
>host is doing easily 150 a swing with a Heavy Broadsword
>doing a measly 80 with 30 dex using a Sharp LKS
really does my noggin

Show of hands: If From decides do one more patch to remove the new tumblebuff glitch, in exchange for nerfing the Dark and Chaos infusions, would you be okay with that?

The what?

>no dark souls playing bf to treat you right
sad

she is a complete pushover without her summons, and by summons I mean one summon: velstadt
epitome of what was wrong with das2 bosses, difficulty thanks to numbers

>nerfing Dark and Chaos in general instead of just specific weapons
absolutely retarded, though the fact From hasn't fixed Chaos crits shows they're capable of always acting in the games worst interest

at this point, who cares?

>of the 41 bosses in Dark Souls 2, 16 of them are situations where you may have to fight more than one opponent at a time
>only 7 of those 16 are actually a challenge
What did he mean by this?

>ivory is worst
I disagree. I found sunken much worse.

Ask some one who just went through and beat all the souls games (and bloodborne) anything.

i want to get my dad into dark souls, which game should i get him to play (he doesnt necessarily care about story)

sure, we're all souls veterans at this point and nothing is the series is actually challenging and multiple enemies boss fights are just annoying because it makes fights just unnecesserarily longer
but still, don't tell me that shoving adds in half the bosses fights wasn't B team way of making them (artificially) "harder"

Nerf Dark/chaos infusion on certain weapons, buff drop chances for weapons
Bring back boss invasions

DaS or DeS

>tfw you will never be able to region lock yourself from playing with laggy rice niggers

How was Dark Souls 2?

that's pretty cool, savor it user

I played Sotfs and the base game is still mediocore as ever, but I have a new love for darklurker and its easily the best in base game. Now the DLC is great and made me like DS2 a bit more. The dlc story line(s) and backstory was fun and I liked Vendrick alot more now. The optimal co up areas I did not bother doing.

Can anybody explain the manikin enemy in DaS2 to me? I didn't have much of a problem with it in vanilla DaS2, but they made them spawn exclusively in pairs or more in SotFS. How exactly do you deal with them now?

I still remember getting "muh difficulty prepare to die xD" alarm bells when I saw that dragon rip the aerie bridge apart in the early trailers

>The hags' speech at the start
>Welcome To Dark Souls achievement
That game was full of red flags

>Invading as purpbro
>Kill the phantom
>As I'm fading away, the mortally wounded host comes rushing at me mashing r1
>Deliver a killing blow with my dagger just as the loading screen comes up

r8 me