How long to hold ETH? 2018? 2020? 2025? Forever?

How long to hold ETH? 2018? 2020? 2025? Forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/ethereum-stole-show-microsofts-new-york-city-demo-day/
medium.com/0x-project/the-difference-between-app-coins-and-protocol-tokens-7281a428348c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OMG IT'S CRASHING!!!! SELL IT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

For ETH to reach bitcoin parity that will be something like $250 or x5

Many coins have down that in the past months but you missed them all

eth in that respect is a meme

Your comment is a meme. ETH is gonna fuck you in your ass with it's big globalist dick.

i cannot agree more

So you're saying $250 is equivelant to what Bitcoin is at now? Do you see ETH peaking past that?

it's pointless predicting out any further. parity with BTC is becoming more real by the day, so 100-250 is a safe bet.

but anything past that is pure speculation. if mass global adoption takes place, the sky is the limit. if a future competitor out performs ether, then welcome to $0.

It'll move past bitcoin because it's an enterprise system. the market cap will at least be quadruple the size of bitcoin

Is it too late to invest in this shit?

How long should I hold Ripple?

Ethereum is a long term hold, atleast 5 years desu

it takes time for companies, banks and websites to adapt and reform the web on the ethereum platform

not at all. sure you will regret not buying it at 8 bucks a coin in december (much like me... i was about to fucking do it too..) but it's definitely not too late.

it's funny because this is contradictory to what people think crypto investments are. they're the new age penny stocks right? you're supposed to make a bunch of short term gains because none of them are really important or cool.. but ETH and BTC are different in that they are pro as fuck and have A LOT of long term potential.

I mean, BofA is obviously gonna be in the next batch of people on board. What does this mean? dApps will be able to interact with the legacy financial systems making them INSANELY powerful. It will allow for banking around the world for people that have never had access to such tools.

>TFW you realize if the internet is the world central nervous system, Ethereum will be it's soul.

i wouldnt hold it too long because after all the banks spin their wheels trying to get their private chains operable and integrated into anything some other "prorgammable" blockchain is going to come out with provable contracts or some other mathematical/financial specific breakthrough. then theres going to be a whole new round of hype and buzz for that coin instead of ethereum, which will be relegated to the coin that funded hundreds of millions of icos, most of which resulted in a pump and dump.

its a vicious cycle, and inevitable unless you believe developments in crypo have already peaked.

>yfw you have no ETH

Banks will be a Protocol coin not an Application coin:

medium.com/0x-project/the-difference-between-app-coins-and-protocol-tokens-7281a428348c

dApps are gonna interact with them through there Application coin. You need to learn more.

>tfw only have 14 ETH

got about 100k worth, i'm here to make money not daydream

yes thats what the hype machine says, but that goes out the window when something better comes along. to think banks will be interested in integrating with the ethereum public chain is dumb, regardless of what they say. the integrations that do happen if any will be simplistic and mostly locked down to the point of being nothing more than simple value tokens.

theres no reason to believe that ethereum is the be-all-end-all of crypto, and with the amount of baggage is has currently a lot of those businesses that were only looking for private chain usage initially will happily move to something that has a safer provable language and a tiered system built from the start allowing them to fulfil their privacy/secrecy obligations while allowing audits and public chain usage on the same interconnected chain.

this ethereum is web 3.0 shit is just the same as saying bitcoin is the only crypto.

Post your wallet

What? No, it's very likely they will want to interact with dApps. I can think of a ton of different reasons off the top of my head why Protocol coins will want to interact with dApps. The money is in the services and they are in a unique place to build that infrastructure before someone else does.

>I work with the SEC all the time

yes lets just post my identity on an anonymous image board. great idea!

but who and what will they be interacting with, is the question? right now all crypto is hype. no one uses ethereum for anything but speculation with eth and tokens. so right now there's nothing that really makes people want to interact with the public network, it has no users.

my point is shit moves fast especially where everything is digital, and i'm betting theres a very large chance that something else is going to come along and eat most of ethereum's market before any of these fantastical ideas come along. not all of the shortcomings and baggage the ethereum network currently has can be fixed cleanly, and is just giving something else an opportunity to rise up.

whatever the next "major" crypto is other than bitcoin isn't sitting in the top 10, 20, 30 coins. the next 3 years is going to be unlike anything that has happened so far.

>t.larpfag

>no one on Veeky Forums can have more money than me

its going to take more than an ethereum wannabe though. i'm talking huge shakeup from a very well self-funded group of insiders that dont have to resort to another ico scam to get funds. there has yet to be a serious investment like this in creating something that hasnt come from crypto enthusiasts, and i think when something eventually does come out it's going to want to take ethereum's market the most, and it will have the ability to completely outplay it. right now with theyve got a massive target on themselves in a way bitcoin never did.

For someone that has "about 100k of ETH" you sure are knocking it pretty hard.

Post your wallet.

i'm "knocking" it by saying its the crypto that every other new crypto is trying to be, and that it's the biggest target for external disruption any crypto has ever been. if that's negative to you you're missing the point. the only thing "negative" is that i believe long term its risky because of the target it is for iteration.

and 100k isn't that much, thats only 1500-1600 eth. small time if you consider the price a year ago. the point is i still have a stake in it but i'm looking for an exit where most people who don't have my opinion are looking to get in. its just my opinion, take it or leave it.