Are they overrated?

Are they overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5pBZKj1VnA&t=1063s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now I'm no expert on the hussars in particular so but generally, and not considering meme/propoganda reputation for obvious reasons, if you develop a reputation as a fighting force like they did it's usually for good reason.

They certainly were quite effective at the Battle of Vienna in 1683, though that victory ultimately benefited the austrians and HRE far more than the commonwealth.

Outside of Poland people hardly know about them. How could they be overrated?

Well they defeated the most feared fighting force in all of Eurasia so no

Yes. Poles love them because it remind them about that one time in history their nation was important. Others love them becuase wings lmao. They didnt win particularly hard fought battles, their one shinning moment was the battle of Vienna and that was it.

>hussar thread
>le battle of vienna

every time

they're as overrated as Tiger tanks, Japanese Katanas and the British Empire.

people like them because they look unique and they were a force to be reckoned with

Oh good, the butmad Turks are here.

i'm polish and i'm disgusted by the lack of historical knowledge surrounding these threads

>hey Sven is my leopard pelt angled properly
>OMG Carl why did you have to ride a white horse it totally fucks with my filter choice

>Sven
>Carl
???????

Yes. They became obsolete quickly and were pretty much useless in the second half of the 17th century. People like them because the Winged Hussars look cool.

the guy in the comments of this vid youtube.com/watch?v=U5pBZKj1VnA&t=1063s Fran Jaime is Cuban but knows full al about the colonisation of the Americas, yet pretends he does.
polish nobility was germanised so they'll have pseudo-german names

>polish nobility was germanised so they'll have pseudo-german names
no?

>polish nobility was germanised so they'll have pseudo-german names
Polish nobility of that time was weewuzing they were descendands of ancients Aryans or some shit.

>the year of Our Lord 1683
>Turks being the most feared fighting force

Thats a hundred years too late.
The Ottoman Empire was still a Great Power, but far from their apex. The HRE was comfortable fighting them and a major war against France at the same time.

>late 17th century
>HRE having the balls to fight France alone

Pick one

HRE was always a fuckup

>implying ANYONE would have the balls to fight Louis XI era France alone
That doesnt negate the fact, that the HRE could fight the Great Turkish War (started by the siege of Vienna) and the War of the Grand Alliance/ 9Y War at the same time.

The Ottoman Empire was on the same tier as Spain, the Dutch Republic and England at that time and no unstoppable superpower anymore (and even when they were the biggest guys around, they failed at the First Siege of Vienna)

how about instead of complaining that everyone else knows less about your fucking country, you actually share your knowledge

if you really do have any that is

In the end its all about the /aesthetics/

they rekt almost everything in their path

Who?

Wings were strapped on either the first troops into the fray or the last ones sent in to do the cleaning. This shit is extremely impractical, don't assume they all had them. Apart from that, every special snowflake soldier is overrated in its own way. If someone trains to kill their entire lives they will be pretty good at it (large masses of humans roughly equal on average), beyond that it's the quality of their equipment and the skill of their generals to send them at the right moment.

actually sarmatians
which were iranic as well

fucking nazis stealing muh heritage meme

>They didnt win particularly hard fought battles
That's utterly irrelevant.

>They didnt win particularly hard fought battles,
What the fuck are you talking about.

Klushino, Kircholm.

see

spot the kraut

Yes they are overrated, they usually outnumbered their enemies in battle hence their few victories

>they usually outnumbered their enemies in battle hence their few victories
That's the opposite you fucking imbecile.

>they usually outnumbered their enemies in battle
Almost never happened. Why do you insist on posting when you don't understand the subject matter?

Butthurt Swede, I presume?

no more than samurai, viking meme that for sure
they aint really well known i would say they are ok