Work from home

Hello Veeky Forums, I saw a work from home thread yesterday, but can't find it today so I decided to make one.Please share your stories and ideas and help out your fellow NEETS!
Also I'd like to ask the anons with experience as Revvers, since there was a lot of discusion going on in the last thread. What's your opinion on the site, are they legit, and any tips on the application process? Also please for the people that just want to say i'll need to move to a third world shithole to live off of it, I already am.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/agprhr7x
pastebin.com/X1wTZeya
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Going to apply for captioning at Rev. Already failed transcription, any tips?

Bump.
Same here. They wrote in the letter that only 12% of applicants are accepted.Tips would be appreciated.

shameless self bump since it's only us newfags looking for Rev tips so far

Check the web to see if there are transcripts of the test videos. You can use them to confirm spelling or words that are hard to hear. Double-
or even triple-check to be sure you've used carets everywhere where they are required. I encountered technical words I wasn't sure about. Typing a guess at the spelling into Google was good enough to find the right spelling (and in the case of proper names and acronyms, capitalization).

Anyone who does make it in can learn from a mistake I made: READ THE UP-TO-DATE STYLE GUIDE IN THE HELP CENTER BEFORE DOING ANY JOBS. It's not the same as the one in the tests! Some standards have been changed and are no longer considered correct.

Thanks for the tips!

Care to elaborate on what happened when you fucked up? Did they straight up delete your account?

Currently working from home, started sround this tiene last year.

My salary went from 900USD to 4000 USD monthly and still increasing. I live un México so its pretty decent, i work as a software developer/consultant.

So far I've been compiling a list of reputable places that actually pay out with the help of some friends.
Here you guys go. Also you're welcome to use it as the OP.

pastebin.com/agprhr7x

>Did they straight up delete your account?

No. The work was accepted. But wrecking a 5/5/5 record straight out of the gate triggers my autism.

that sounds pretty fucking good desu

holy shit that's nice, if I do end up making another thread I'll make sure to use it, hope people see it and use it in the future

good to hear you didn't get rekt, how long have you been in, is there a decent amount of work to be done, made any profits?

Thanks really helpful, but for transcriptions jobs I would add transcribeme.com

or pretty much any other here.
freelancers.city/17-freelance-transcription-job-websites-for-beginners/

>how long have you been in

I just started this week. That's why the test is still fresh in my head - I STILL don't feel safe, I'm still playing back my mistakes.

>is there a decent amount of work to be done

So far, yes, and that's accounting for audio quality/project simplicity. Learning how to sift through the videos for ones worth doing doesn't take long.

>made any profits?

It's not payday yet. Rev has a good reputation for paying what they owe, so I'm not worried. /wfhg/ will hear about it when I get paid.

One of the things that's surprising me about this is how entertaining it is. I've been the target audience for some videos. Even very dry scholastic material can be uplifted by the quality of the speaker.

Added

pastebin.com/X1wTZeya
At one point I'm going to make an editable pastebin. I'm just too lazy to sign up atm.

Thanks a bunch for all your info man, it's really nice to know!

>One of the things that's surprising me about this is how entertaining it is.

Yeah, I guess if the topic suits you as a person it could be interesting as well, although I'm sure there's a ton of boring and shit quality videos out there too.I think I'll actually give it a go, but here's the deal, I live in a europoor country, so making below minimum murican wage is standard for me, but will rev take me? I know that supposedly it shouldn't matter where you're from if you pass the test, but with so many people getting rejected, even thought they say(at least), that they got pretty much everything right and even used the .pdf of the vids, they still got rejected, so it really makes me wonder if they just give preference to people from certain parts of the world over others, like if they'd give someone with less skill the job just because they're a native speaker, any thoughts?

working from home is SCAM

I guess you thought improving your grammar skills was also a scam?

>even thought they say(at least), that they got pretty much everything right

I wonder about this. I do wish Rev had a transparent rejection and firing process. There are many kinds of errors that can be made, and I can easily believe people made them without realizing. But hiding the process is inherently suspicious.

They do hire from around the world. I don't remember being asked if I'm a native English speaker. I doubt they care as long as the captions are correct. They won't even notice if the captions are correct! "Oh, wow, Andrzej Q. Slavsquat took ESL? But he has such great mastery of the appositive comma!" It's not like being from the US guarantees that a candidate is a native speaker, or proficient enough at English if so.

Refresh yourself on grammar and take the test carefully. Good luck.

>I do wish Rev had a transparent rejection and firing process. There are many kinds of errors that can be made, and I can easily believe people made them without realizing. But hiding the process is inherently suspicious.
Exactly! They operate like a sweat shop, but with sky high standards, it's like they are ready to fire you as soon as you make more than the 250$ average they advertise.
>They won't even notice if the captions are correct!
That was my point exactly.Although with the application process being as shady as it is there's no way to actually get any information whatsoever since they provide you with none.
>Refresh yourself on grammar and take the test carefully. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip man! I know you mean well and I'm just extremely grateful to you for taking the time to actually contribute something useful to a slow board with an apparently dead topic.As far as my skills go I've pretty much learned everything I know in English since I've used the internet as a learning tool, and finding information was always easier to do in English, and I also went to a language school. My point is as someone who grew up as a teenager in the early 2000's with access to the internet and pretty much zero trouble with the "language barrier" and a lot more interest in western popular culture than my own native one, i should pretty much have little trouble of getting in on this, but I feel like I'm gonna get screwed over, not that I'm saying I'm overqualified or anything like that, but idk maybe it's just the feeling of getting screwed by life right from the beginning by being born here that gets to me.
Anyway at the end of my blogpost, I'd like to say I did take a look at the grammar test and it was pretty easy, all that's left now is to actually finish it! But even though we're here for meme's, and even though this is the lamest blogpost ever, you have no idea how much the help people like you give me, means to me, so one last time, THANK YOU!!!!

I run the opinion section of a news website and I can work from home pretty much all I want. I go into the office a few days a week, though. Just nice to get out

btw yes I am drunk and it took me like 10 minutes and a lot of words getting edited out to write that

You're one lucky bastard!

I know going to the office a few times a week might be a drag but at least you have a worthwhile to work from home with as little interaction with "coworkers" as possible.

Good for you!

>worthwhile to work from home

worthwhile job you can do from home

>. I don't remember being asked if I'm a native English speaker.

I just remembered I missed this in my blog, I read on a review site that a person who got rejected had someone else from the same household apply and they got instantly rejected because they had the same IP(at least that's what the post said), but if that's true then apparently they do track your IP, so my trail of thought was that they would only accept the worthwhile candidates from native countries, since as an user in the previous thread said they'd only accept 12% of applications, it seems to me it'd be pretty easy given the non-existent transparency, to fake shit like that(even if just for a few more clicks on their site, whatever that's worth).