Links between Ancient China and Egypt

foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/02/did-chinese-civilization-come-from-ancient-egypt-archeological-debate-at-heart-of-china-national-identity

>W E W U Z
But memes aside, is this a plausible theory? Besides the artifacts and the writings found, the nature of ancient Chinese language and hieroglyphics are similar, in that both heavily rely on visual imagery to determine the meaning of a particular character. Architecture seems to be vastly different, but apparently China also had pyramids as tombs for the royalty? I'm not much of an ancient China/Egypt buff, so any insights are appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/mummies-and-mummy-hair-from-ancient-egypt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well it's plausible asians immigrated from the middle east, but that's dumb as shit. They cultures more or less developed sepretly. They had a desert and mountains to cut each other off and no government was strong enough to cut through that veil for a long time.

Also pictography isn't that complex of a writing system. It developed independently in america, why not asia as well as egypt?

Also Egypt is just a meme of sumerian and middle eastern culture.

Praise Gilgamesh

Jeez. No, that's idiotic. We know how both writing systems developed, the origins of both civilizations are well-documented by archaeologists, this is some Ancient Aliens-tier stuff.

Idiot, people from Greece reached Egypt by fucking boat you dumb fuck, you think people can't overcome the fucking Mountains when They can fucking deal with the open sea

Weren't there Chinese in Egypt during Cleopatra's reign?

>Besides the artifacts and the writings found, the nature of ancient Chinese language and hieroglyphics are similar, in that both heavily rely on visual imagery to determine the meaning of a particular character
This means nothing.
It is a very simple idea and it was also used by the mayans.

The character for "light" in chinese is just a symbol of the sun and the moon.
Started as basically a circle for the "Sun" and it changed over time to the current symbol.
It's not a hard system to come up with exactly.

The symbol for man is basically a stick figure.

>but apparently China also had pyramids as tombs for the royalty?
Pyramid shape is the easiest way to stack rocks on top of eachother.
Means nothing.

Not really. The Indus Valley civilization (Meluhha) arose independently, no obvious reason why China couldn't have also. But we know Meluhha and Sumer traded by sea, so it's not impossible ships went as far as southern China. I don't see much Egyptian influence in early Chinese art tho.

>writings

Egyptian hieroglyphs are nothing like Chinese pictograms, hieroglyphic writing uses ideograms, phonograms and alphabetic symbols to spell out its words, Chinese went from ideograms to phonograms, they never developed an alphabet and they didn't use ideograms alongside phonograms.

Do you have any information on that? I'm aware of contact between the Hellenistic world and India - I guess Palestine, at the time of Jesus, was roamed with travelling religious individuals including Buddhists, but I didn't hear about this.

Except we are not sure that Meluhha is the Indus Valley civilization.

LeAlienMan.jpg

Yes we are. Some people used to think it might be Bahrain, but the discovery of Indus cylinder seals and weights and measures in Sumer proves the connection.

We Wuz Qingz

KAAAAIIINNNGZ

Go here to know about Egypt, like for real for real, ACTUAL kangz.

mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/mummies-and-mummy-hair-from-ancient-egypt/

>makes fun of wewuzzers
>wewuzzes in the exact same post

There is also the Sanskrit term "mleccha", which means "barbarian, non-Aryan" and which has no clear etymology in Indo-European but which sounds almost the same as "meluhha" (the double h is pronounced like German -ch).

>Mlecchas drank alcohol and ate flesh of the cow, and this in later periods was strictly forbidden to an Indian.

Huh, same exact reason Jews don't eat pork (the Canaanites were pig-breeders).

what are you talking about?

I get the impression there are many Han Chinese who don't like the idea of a shared heritage with other ethnic groups, or the idea some people may be, or once been, capable of equalling or bettering them in any way.

There has been trade across Eurasia for millennia, since long before the Greeks or Romans or anyone else 'civilised' us. Maybe there are objects that moved between China and Egypt, but that's about it.

This is why STEM people should not do history.

Too bad, this is China. STEM people run the fucking government.

Too bad that is all that will be left eventually and it's going to be terrible

This post is cancer
>the nature of ancient Chinese language and hieroglyphics are similar, in that both heavily rely on visual imagery to determine the meaning of a particular character.

What if i tell you hieroglyphic is actually the root of all writing script
Tell me which seem more institutional , X people had native tongue, but never record things before. One day something big happened and someone decided to left some mark,to ensure generation to come knew about this event.
1) Start with scribblings/drawings/graffitis and stuff, or maybe some formalized symbol with associated meanings. And as time goes on, these symbols gained vocal name, or gained phonetic values while retaining morphological root.
2) Somehow invent a whole system of phonetic script and record sounds describing the event.

Also, if my memory served me well (don't ask me for source),
It was said that phonetic writing came along when a group without writing script decided to borrow writing system from another language. And they couldn't be bother to learn wholesomely the language they borrowed form, so they ended up taking only the written symbols and associate the symbols to the sound of these symbols' name.
i.e.: Sumerian and Egyptian script borrowed and turned into abjad/alphabets.
Japanese's hira/katagana are basically extremely simplified chinese character used for their phonetic value but not morphological value
>Architecture seems to be vastly different, but apparently China also had pyramids as tombs for the royalty? I'm not much of an ancient China/Egypt buff, so any insights are appreciated

Are you 12?
pyramid is everywhere, mesoamerica, sub saharan african and also indian.
A mound of dirt is the first thing a kid can think of "making great", and pyramid is just very basic form mound that EVERYONE realised.

>you think people can't overcome the fucking Mountains when They can fucking deal with the open sea

>Being this stupid

Mesoamerica had pyramids as well. Does that mean Mesoamerica = Egypt?

This is exactly why they should because this person is getting laughed at

I'm reading Eduard Meyer, a rather old history in eight books. It starts with Egypt and the first dynasty king Usephaios (German spelling of Oúsaphaîdos) = Den, is said to be depicted on a monument subjugating and killing Asians. The hieroglyphs at the right side say “first smiting of the east”. Anybody has any info on these Asians, I suspect those are some tribes that were settling on the Sinai peninsula?

I don't think anyone knows who the Iuntju were. It was so long ago that really nothing can be said with any surety.

So how does Veeky Forums explain the analysis of the bronzework?

Dude no. Traveling across even the Mediterranean sea took months and many got lost and died.

It's a fucking SEA

No ethnic group not made up of cultural cuckolds likes thinking that.

Replace Han Chinese with any ethnicity on the permanent Security council of the UN and it would still make sense.

>across even the Mediterranean sea took months

Not from Greece to Egypt, that's a few days to a week away, tops.

Jesus