/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

tekkendb.com/#/any/0/NONE/any/0/NONE/1/any/0
youtu.be/mOR8kvMVan8?t=9m8s
youtu.be/s6xY1c3RjNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Leo is fine except for b14 and df2+3 at the wall.

>i11 ws punish that knockdowns and wallsplats
>43 dmg
>i11
defend it

Just a few quick questions
>Why does Jack have two piledrivers and a backbreaker but I never see anyone use them? They look cool
>When is his Rage Drive useful? Looks cool but seems to send them too far away. Plus I only used King's as a juggle ender so I'd never waste it

>Blind drunk
>Playing tekken ranked
>get demoted twice
>Still playing

Somebody help me.

It doesn't do that much because the second hit scales. It is very strong but her punishment other than that is nothing special.

Play Miguel.

play lei

Feels like I need to play this game in slow motion to learn Steve

quick rundown
>doesn't have any kicks
>launching low crushing mid punch isn't spammable so it's bad
>can't kick the opponent
>+10 on block running move isn't good because if you run from across the stage your opponent might notice and sidewalk you
>not possible to use the lower extremities of the body to hurt the opponent
>he has NO (zero) lows outside of d1, FC df1, PAB d1, d2,1, db32, db2 ,which means your opponent can just stand still and it's IMPOSSIBLE to win
>feet are only meant for moving and not causing damage
>if your opponent runs away, you can't chase them and have no approaching tools outside of a running plus on block mid and six evasive stances which move you forward while dodging
>he also can't get damage from two of the four buttons you use in tekken because 3 or 4 do not make him move his legs towards the opponent
>korean who plays all of his characters like a bootleg version of his main has NOT been able to win every match 3-0 like he should have when playing an """"""A Tier""""""" character
>on top of this, he also doesn't use two of his four limbs for whatever reason

UNARGUABLY lowest tier. right besides Lars he goes.

>Get drunk
>Finally the Lei DLC comes out
>Play him all night
>Chewing through ranks
>Each of his stances is useful and aesthetic
>Particularly find success using his attacks from lying down
>Next day
>Check ranks
>Have been demoted five times
>Was playing Law the whole time

Jin's RD gives him so much frame advantage you can't even hopkick if he goes for a low afterwards...great. That's exactly what he needed along with his 1 million amazing mids and lows, punishers, 13f rage art, best parry in the game, EWHF, hellsweep, and god-knows-what-else.

He the worst RA in the game so it's all good, friend!

I keep getting caught by his gay ORA ORA ORA shit. Fuck off Jotaro Mishima, you sullen bellend. I hate what a cocky tosser he is.

I can't find him user, fortunately I found an Asuka playing worse than I am and is still rematching me. Maybe I'll get those ranks back.

there is nothing else for you to learn

tekkendb.com/#/any/0/NONE/any/0/NONE/1/any/0

Is the ideal way to play Ling really aggressive in this iteration of Tekken?

Why is almost the entirety of PC Yellow ranks nothing but Jin, Alisa, and Mishimas?

>Only autists and waifufags play on PC
Really charges my ki

Us high IQ waifufags have already ascended beyond.

>autists and waifufags

That's redundant.

i play Lars

I've got a little bit of news for you, champ. See that electric effect around some of his moves?

that's on mishimas too

Exactly.

>tfw diet diet Mishima

It's just not possible to pressure Xiaoyu. Trying to get two consecutive hits in will get you crushed every time. The whole character is based around her getting away with bullshit she shouldn't be able to in the first place. Fuck this bitch for real

UPDATED BEST BOY LIST

>Alisa: Chanel
>Akuma: Chikurin, Begin
>Asuka: Recruit, Dimeback, Kami
>Bryan: Knee, Kane, JimmyJTran
>Bob: MBC, Gen, Moq
>Claudio: that guy that beat Tanukana, Narakhof, Yurakucho Claudo
>Dragunov: JDCR, Saint, Gakxini, Nobi, Kkokkoma
>DJ: Choksae, Qudans, Ji3moonace
>Eddy: Jeondding, djvamp, Bplus, Gon
>Eliza: Chanel
>Feng: Hao
>Gigas: DoToRing
>Heihachi: JDCR, Qudans, Ji3moonace, Kane, Breadman, Light
>Hwoarang: Asellas, CherryBerryMango, Speedcucks, Bats
>Jack: Noroma, Saint, Anakin
>Jin: CherryBerryMango, Chikurin
>Josie: Secret
>Katarina: MBC, Manba, Baekryun, General
>Kazumi: Take, Taris Cutter, Karei Kkokkoma
>Kazuya: Choksae, Knee, TheMainManSWAY
>King: MBC
>Kuma/Panda: Woorusa, NeedsMoarCoffee
>Lars: LowHigh, OnlyPractice
>Law: Malgu, LowHigh
>Lee: HelpMe, LowHigh, Imyourfather, Maximizer Kei
>Leo: Gen, WayGamble
>Lili: Shine, Liliman, Kane
>Ling: Wecka, Sodam
>Lucky Chloe: Jeondding
>Master Raven: Go(d)Attack, Tissuemon, The Phantom
>Miguel: MBC, HelpMe
>Nina: OnlyPractice, NinaAssassin, Dioxin, NoName, frog
>Paul: Justice, RushCash
>Shaheen: LowHigh
>Steve: Knee, Taisei, Bohee, Kowashiya Shirou
>Yoshimitsu: Eyemusician, Wujustyle, DoToRing, Kari, Shou-chan

Still weak af. Add 0range to Jin, Kaze to Kazuya, Knee has a good Feng, how is Nin not in Steve

Got a few more for you.

Alisa: Baekryun
Asuka: Okay
Bryan: Dejavu
Bob: Sinchang
Caudio: Mulgold
Feng: Yuu
Jack: Doujin
Josie: Knee (he plays her a lot)
Paul: Jisang
Shaheen: Doujin
Lili: Foward

>Josie: Knee (he plays her a lot)
So does that mean she's top tier?

You can add me to every character my dude, except DJ I don't play OP characters.

What will I write if I don't have a name?

People think Knee shouldn't be listed for some characters because he plays everyone but he seems more serious about Josie.

Speaking of Josie, where's based Kagemaru?

Yes I know, which is why I asked what I asked. He tends to give special attention only to top tiers

I think she's high or upper mid tier.

I think she's trash. She has so many great lows but her mid pokes are fucking awful

Just fucking step it after the second hit my man.

>be me
>law main (brawler that got demoted back to gm) and trying to pocket kuma (mentor) kill me
>watch kuma videos while at someone elses house to improve my bnb combos
>go from 56 damage combos to a little over 70 damage and only using lower damage combos for better oki game to reset.
>learn new shit about why bears are so good
>taunt fully tracks and can be cancelled frame 1 for pseudo homing attacks and goes back to block
>find an additional 4 moves that go into hunting and use them in my oki.
>get shit kicked in online still by a paul who doesnt combo and gives no shits about neutral
>buttmad.jpg
>brother comes home and i ask if he wants to do some matches
>He usually almost triples my wins
>during match the knowledge fucking clicks for some reason
>i beat his mains lars and leo plus his new char yoshi
>use taunts mid combo and in neutral just so i can do it in gaps between block strings or in raw open before i do a mixup on him to act as a delay.
>he starts muttering curses about bears and how they are cheap and have get out of jail free moves.
>taunt at the end of every round, whenever he makes a major mistake or if i read a move (also picked up sidestepping and back dashing more) He goes from collected thoughtful play to aggressive and than passive and shutdowned with me dominating pace
>get perfects around 10 seconds in the round while taunting
>have round where i backthrow him and do 2 rock n roll circuses
>11-37 in my favor
>he tells me to get the fuck out of his room and I said im sorry but kept telling me variations of fuck you.
>he yells something and i thought he needed me tells me to fuck off again
>told him I moved his food and he cursed me out
New main confirmed Ive never been so proud of an accomplishment.

Im in fucking tears
shes so freelance Ive mainly seen success however in her staying in poke range and controling movement then not hopping off upon oki

Sounds dope, what's the input of the taunt you're talking about?

Lili is so obnoxious to play against

Literally just SSL

youtu.be/mOR8kvMVan8?t=9m8s
Two variants of the taunt:
1+3+4 (the one i kept using/ can act out of frame 1 including block)
while opponent is down d.1+4 (makes you turn around and than taunt)

If you step on opponent they take ALOT OF DAMAGE is a gimmick but can very rarely take almost half of health in oki if opponent is pressured to the point of being afraid. Remember since you can go out of taunt at any time you can cancel it for mind games or extra frame advantage after stepping on them.
The biggest meme of moves

Hmm, well what's the difference between doing 1+3+4 and then a move, and just doing the move?

I was expecting something like Bryan's taunt that has an unblockable hit at the end of it.
But if all you're doing is tell the opponent that you're about to attack, might as well just stand still in front of them because guess what, you can act out of neutral stance at frame 0

youtu.be/s6xY1c3RjNI
other than the obvious purpose of being disrespectful it acts as a tradeoff in this sense:
You trade the difference in time between you inputing the taunt and you actually inputting the move (usually between1 and 4 frames) to have the move start with 100 percent tracking on where the opponent is the moment you input the move. Making some setups and moves that would normally whiff due to positioning or roll direction hit regardless as shown in the video. This was also in the comments to give you an example of how beastly it can be:

New tech discovered!

So I was toying around with a certain setup that initially seemed very limited. Kuma's ff2, uf1+2 3+4, HBS df11 S! kind of sets up for Kuma's unblockable, but only if they roll a certain way, and different characters have different results, blah blah blah. A bit risky, not so useful. Wouldn't it be great if it just worked on all characters, regardless of whether they quick roll right or left?

Well, it is possible!

After inputting ff2, uf1+2 3+4, just before you hit HBS df11, move ever so slightly forward while in HBS, so your input ends up as uf1+2 3+4, HBS F~df11. Once you've hit that, input your ub1+2 unblockable instantly, and provided you got the timing right, it will now catch all characters regardless of whether they quick roll left or right.

I'm tired of dragunov, pick a new main for me, bare in mind i'm retarded

>retard
Paul

Josie.

I see that's really interesting, proper Kuma tech
I'd still opt for delaying my hits to defeat steppers though.

>I'm tired of snake edging with dragunov
Then snake edge with Bryan. Looking at a different character model should be refreshing for you.

I'm having trouble doing s! b3~f1,2 with Jin on P2 side, the last hit always whiffs. Do I have to do a deeper run or a more shallow one? Does he have any enders that give better oki that I can substitute on P2 side instead?

You have to dash deep enough for the 2 to connect.

So I'm new to Tekken and I'm having a hard time finding a character that clicks with me.

I usually play aggressive high damage characters that reward hard reads and have strong mixups. Characters like Raiden from KoFXIII and R.Mika are my jam.

Learn the game first, pick a character second.
Watch videos in the op to understand how poking and framedata works.
I suggest you play one of these: Shaheen, Jack, Miguel, Kazumi, Katarina. They'll teach you the game nicely if you follow what those videos taught you

fil are you a bot

hhehe

Why pros never pick jin?

Thing is, the only reason why I'd ever do df4 as Kuma is because of its speed. That's the only good trait of that move.
Losing that trait to add tracking seems to make that move worthless in my opinion. Might as well do a proper homing move at that point right?

>Get butthurt comment on profile wall
>Their profile is private

I consider this the ultimate victory.

>opponent adds me on steam just to post an assblasted wall of text at me

Why do I never have the reaction to whiff punish or sidestep? It's always too late in a real match even though I labbed hours nonstop. I think years of being a NEET has corroded my brain.

Steps aren't from reactions m8

Kazuya is top 5 dumbest characters in the game. I mean it.

Jiyuna is the worst

>Died from hellsweeps

If you mean from standing only, I think Leo, Drag, Hwo, Maven (gets a cinderella spin at i10 though) and Chloe don't have knd before 15 frames

eddy doesnt either

Okay, but I still can't whiff punish for shit. My brain doesn't register until it's too late, infact my reaction time is shit in general. I swear the 3 years of being a /r9k/ tier NEET has something to do with it. Can anyone else confirm this?

Geese: Anakin
Miguel: NYC Fab, Sephiblack
Nina: victimo

>"Japanese green could beat western reds"

Anonymous

My friend switched from Paul to Kazuya to "work on his fundamentals", and the first thing he did was doing 1243, uf+4444 and spamming random df+2 and Hellsweeps all over the place. I had to lab this shit for a couple of hours since I'm new and bad, but I can still tell fradulent shit when I see it.

What punishment do rage-quitters get in quick match?

That's half the story, you still need to actually practice your reactions in this game.
Try some low dose Adderall and get your shit sorted out.

is becoming a master yoshi player the ultimate end goal of all tekken players?

That's absolutely not what I mean when I say he's a dumb character

I play Alisa but I am a bloody noob.

>heihachi unga player 3-0s me two times in a row
>third game I take a round
>fourth game I take two
>decipher his unga patterns and win 5th and 6th games
>he losequits
There is no better feeling in Tekken

so what unga character were you playing

Hwoarang
jk actually it was Jin

Could be you do react yourself, but you're not comfortable enough with the controls to react in the game

>is becoming a master of this low-execution character that you can get familiar with in a week the goal of all tekken players?
I doubt it

Wish I could be as delusional as Jiyuna

>beat blue Gigas
>become smug as fuck

You have my curiosity. What do you mean by 'dumb'?

What are you on about? Does Jiyuna stream or something?

twitch tv/animeilluminati

Kazuya is the ultimate goal

I haven't played for 2-3 months and I just reset my rank to start fresh and slowly get everything back, thats not evil right

I was only a Fighter

What is whit these autist on pc?
>33 win yellow asuka
>wins and rematch
>loses quit

Decision making with Kazuya is extremely easy. You have five moves that are very close to if not overpowered and it's very obvious how and when to apply them. You can pretty much ignore matchups and opponent tendencies, you don't have to think about what to do at all. Kazuya's game plan is so simple that playing him requires no thought. Not to say that it isn't hard, you need to be on point with your electrics and he lacks standard tools, but he's one of the characters that less thought requires in the game.

I've seen one Alisa in ranked ever and I'm usurper
Mind you I only have 90hours played

Why do I feel angry when I get hit with a Snake Edge but not when I get hit by 4 hellsweeps in a row?

Is it because the Edge should be reactable to me? (Which it isnt)

muh win rank ratio

Now add amazing versions of those standard tools that he's missing, and you have DJ

How is it worth bragging if you dodge 1600w yellows if they hapen to beat you?