youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

/eagg/ Approved Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=E1yT90AsFbA
youtube.com/watch?v=ICB3TQBVGZI
youtube.com/watch?v=hZTsIUb0wZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Jhv0-O6xjxQ

Bulletin:
-KT confirmed a God
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Some characters have a mix of pre-DW6 designs with DW8 aesthetics.
-Aside from the usual costume, informal clothes are confirmed to be in.
-DW9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-DW9 will be out in February 8th in Japan and February 13th worldwide
-He has no claws, he has no grace, this change is a fucking disgrace and yet he is still beautiful~
-They took Sun Ce's fucking tonfas
-They took the fucking flute from best girl
-They fixed Sanniang's slut outfit
-Sanadamaru is out, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Warriors All-Stars out now and it's shit. SHIIIIT.
-Fire Emblem Warriors is also out for those who still care.
-Reportedly, DW9 will have a roster of exactly 90 characters so that's all the new adds we will have. (Unconfirmed)
-You can literally buy a shack for Lu Lingqi in DW9. Fortunately, you cannot burn it.
-Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun are clones of each other.
-Taishi Ci, Xiahou Yuan and Yue Jin share the Twin Rods, and it's shit.
-Xun Yu is fujos' new favorite boy.
-Zhou Tai lost his sheath and people are getting mad over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r14NC7girzs
youtube.com/watch?v=WnXy-dteaJw
jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/165088963686/if-zhuge-dan-being-compared-to-a-dog-is-supposed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>His character art is misleading
>WHY!!!!!!!
>Like who the fuck at the office thought this was ok?!!
>Koei, if you read this, at least put yhe scabbard in his hip as part of his outfit, like you did with the small shield on Huang Gai. Now Zhou tai look just like he just picked up a katana in the gutter and killing people with it
>Legendary Badass turns into a generic warrior. This is sooooo sad to see Zhou Tai like this!
>Great. They ruined my fav character! And wtf is this open world shit? Its totally empty and useless.

Xingcai was probably passed around among the Shu officers and Liu Shan was too dumb to notice.

>guy goes out of his way to just mash square and not use more than two of Zhou Tai's trigger or reactive attacks

I wanna put my face in those pillows

God the floating, talking heads for dialog will never not be creepy

Especially the portraits that look like they're staring into your soul

I like this fag's moveset in strikeforce. Mainly cause he got some of the katana moves back. Like one of the triangle moves was like a quickdraw with like 40 hits or something ridiculous. I think everybody with the dao might've been able to do it in strikeforce tho, don't remember. Fun game regardless, would play another one if it was made.

For reference someone did a vid showing side by side the trailers of people with the same weapon type:

youtu.be/r14NC7girzs

Except they aren't doing the same moves so there's no true basis for comparison.

Any future XL and Empires expansions should be DLC. Separate discs at this point seems redundant and cost more.

Empires should be a mode in the base game, the amount of "strategy" added to them is pathetic and it's not in-depth enough to warrant being a separate release altogether.

Since you saw us, now you must die!

The base game doesn't come with most of the systems in place that make up the empires games, or the create a character either. It's also a good enough reason for people to skip the main games.

This is your Liu Bei tonight

Is DW9 going to be good? I mainly play as female characters.

Did you like 7?

Yeah, but I preferred 8.

>Wu's titty monster
Yuck.
Posting best Wuwife.

Well, then you'll like 9.
But prefer 8.
Maybe.

Sub-Zero aka Kuai Liang as DW9 DLC character when?

youtube.com/watch?v=WnXy-dteaJw

Soon.

B-but..BI HAN!

Explain this

Explain this

Year of the dog

Look at that Xianying!

Can someone explain the Zhuge dog meme?

It's too long to put here, but Jiuyangda talked about the historical significance of the title of the 'Dog of the Zhuge' he has been saddled with; including the source text and the relation to the Three separate 'prime' Zhuge. The Dragon, Liang. The Tiger, Jin, The Dog, Dan.

jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/165088963686/if-zhuge-dan-being-compared-to-a-dog-is-supposed

Some fag called him a dog and now everyone else does too

Happy new year /eagg/, DW9 is going to suck

Boo hoo go cry to your mommy

Zhou Tai is beloved by Dynasty Warriors fans. Can you blame them when he has been presented as this silent stylish samurai guardian for over a decade and they finally decide to fuck the design up again?

Can't be any worse than 8 tho right?

>We will never get Zhuge Jin to complete this anecdote in game

Still feels bad.

But hey, at least we have Zhou Cang.

Well to be more accurate they're fans of his moveset. He's got the same look, demeanor and still has a great design, hell he still actually has the same weapon but they're quite pissed that the moveset itself is botched up so badly.

Hahaha so true! Zhou Cang is great!

>No Zhuge Jin, Ke, Jing or Zhan still.
>Fucking Zhou Cang.
This company exists. That's all I can say.

They're literally mad that you can't sheathe the sword like a fedoralord.

>ditches Shu on an instant to go and join Nobunaga in the Warriors Orochi games
Nice son you got there, Guan Yu.

Wouldn’t you?

Were these people mad when Hotmaru lost the sheath on his back and got a cape?

>Xingcai
>Oda Nobunaga
He has surprisingly great taste to be honest.

DW4 Zhou Tai>DW8 Zhou Tai>DW5 Zhou Tai>DW7 Zhou Tai=DW6 Zhou Tai

why is 7 so low and = with 6?

>No Wang Ping, Liao Hua, Ma Su, Jiang Wan
>Oh but we got Bao Sanniang, Guan Suo and Zhou Cang

Even I'm feeling bad for Shu right now.

So... what'cha wearing?

Nothing at all

Because his design was shit and his combos werent as good as DW8.

I wish Sun Quan got the whip in DW9, he's very cute with it! :3

>No Fei Yi, Huo Yi, Ma Zhong, Luo Xian, Zhang Ni, Ma Liang, Liu Feng
>Fucking.Zhou.Cang.

I just don't get KOEI's thought process here. Tons of great figures from Shu's history and we get Guan Yu's shit kids, his fictional shit kids fictional wife (or one of atleast) and now his fictional shit friend. This upsets my hoohoodilly.

His design's actually pretty good in 6 though, lack of katana aside. Certainly worth calling better than dogshit 7 at the very least.

This alt. DW4 outfit was dumb as fuck, and yet I love it a lot. He's such an edgelord.

Sima Zhao gets to motorboat those titties. I’m jealous.

Dw4 was the best game anyways.
>the red musou ITS OVER scream he does
God I missed that.

post your favorite created characters

What makes it worse is Wang Ping WON the poll the other year. And if Wang Ping was number one you'd half expect Ma Su to follow suit as his complement at some point.

But nope, Zhou Cang. A literal fictional Guan fanboy is the only Shu add this time.

Where's the /egg/ waifu ranking?

here's my vote for number 1

1. Duck
2.Quail
3.Chicken
4.Platypus
5.Snake

That was back when he was voiced by Michael McConnohie. Kind of surprised he didn't stick around considering McConnohie was in so many games as him if you included the Empires and Warriors Orochi 1 and 2 games. It's kind of like how Dan Woren was Liu Bei in DW4-5. Empires, WO1, 2, and then stopped, but he's still around as generic officers to this day.

>tfw I posted this on /a/
Kill me

>didn't link so we could help him shitpost

>wanting other people to see my humiliation

They probably recast Liu Bei due to his younger appearance in 6. Dan Woren was still around as Guo Huai too.

make a benny the neato caw

What

When's Pirate Warriors 4?

you can already pirate dynasty and samurai warriors 4.

I still play Nobunaga's ambition and Kessen III every single year (since mid-2000's) atleast once and haven't really got bored of either
Is there anything wrong with me

The director's favorite Shu officer is Zhou Cang so he probably pulled some strings to get him in the game, on the other hand the producer really likes Ma Su so maybe he'll be the next Shu add.

Their probably hesitant to add Wang Ping because if they do, every Liao Hua fag out there is going to be pissed.

this desu

>every Liao Hua fag out there is going to be pissed
That makes no sense because they added Zhou Cang, who basically does what Liao Hua does but worse anyway.

you wake up tomorrow and find out that you are now Lu Lingqi the day before the flooding of Xiapi castle. What do you do?

Hole myself up in the shack for safety.

I find user and execute him.

Burn the shack.

Once upon a time, I, user, dreamt I was Lu Lingi, fluttering hither and thither, a veritable maiden, enjoying herself to the full of her bent, and not knowing she was user. Suddenly I awoke, and came to myself, the veritable user. Now I do not know whether it was then I dreamt I was Lu Lingqi, or whether I am now a Lu Lingqi dreaming I am an user. Between me and Lu Lingqi there must be a difference. This is an instance of transformation.

He moved on from Xingcai.

Guan Ping has a fucking huge ass hunk of iron swung at max strength using every ounce of energy in his arms. Meanwhile, Xingcai is able to block it with one arm and a tiny lil' sword.

no one ever said these games are realistic user.

Her skills are formidable after all. I don't really get the design ethos they went with for Guan Yu's kids, they make him this beefy warrior guy and then make all of his kids a bunch of weak-looking twinks except for the one that's supposed to be adopted?

The others are supposed to be cute enough to sell body pillows of. That's the reasoning.

I stop the flood, kill Diaochan, and ride daddy's dick.

you're in the wrong place to discuss actual eastern asian games, it's all "muh waifu" here

Those games have waifus too though.

Im glad the pillows are retained.

MOMMY

Somone post Ikeda Sen's portrait please.

Guan Ping's sword does have a historical counterpart though.

What a cutie

Well Guan Suo's name in the source material is literally "Flower Guan Suo" so it makes sense. Zhuge Liang liked Guan Xing for being smart so that was probably enough to justify it for Koei.

Remove all fictional characters! Historical only!