/vrg/ - Virtual Reality General Thread #4

Kittytoe and Friends Edition

Feel free to create and manage a pastebin and start the next thread with it.

>Temporary links:
vrchat.net/ offical vrchat site with download links and account registration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality what is this

>Recommended VR headsets:
-oculus rift (better hand controllers)
-htc vive (better tracking)
-(alternatively wait for gen 2 TBA release date 2018)

>Things to add to pastebin:
-FAQs
-useful links tutorials and guides (primarily for vrchat) on unity, blender, etc
-model resources
-list of compatible and/or recommended current and upcoming VR games

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/XL9AG46f
youtube.com/watch?v=7P0ljQ6hU0A
seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im7583703
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for vr sex!

I can see sort of what's going wrong - it can't read the name of it correctly, so it has a box in the filename. I'm assuming this should be a relatively simple fix in blender, to accept certain characters or something?

Second for VR sex!

btw you dont have to post exclusively about vrchat

Disgusting

When's the next time you're available?

>This stupid nigger claims that he'll make the thread and STILL forgets the pastebin link that was in a reply to the OP for the last two threads

VRChat resources and tutorials:
pastebin.com/XL9AG46f
^^^^^
Read this before you ask stupid questions about waifu avatars in VRC please.

So, question from the OP to open the thread: Do you think we're finally getting to the real, social implications of VR as predicted by everything from Neuromancer to SAO? With the ability to create an open interaction space without the fixed rules of a game, are we now one step closer to that mythical "global village" of yesterday's lore?

I can see my avatar when I go to manage uploaded content in Unity but when I login to VRchat and go to avatars there's nothing new there.

all day tomorrow, if you catch me online send me an invite to a private instance

tfw dont know your username

What the fuck is up with this Knuckles avatar meme? Are that many autistic children playing this game?

Gomen, gomen. I came in here after JUST learning about VRChat from another board, saw it was on page 10, and scrambled to make a new thread, all on a mobile device. I'll be more prepared if I do it next time.

VRchat is free, it's the FOTM for multiple popular youtubers and twitch streamers, and the video came out on winter break, so yeah

I'm so upset.
This person has been petting me for days and I feel bonded to him, he asks me if I'm a boy or girl Irl(I'm a mute vrc player) and I say I'm a boy now he went cold on me.

we can arrange something, dont worry!

fag

you chose this path

What board?

how do i fix this shit

Give yourself a hammer and get over it.

Well I'm usually from /a/, but the actual line that brought me here was from /nepgen/, which I follow on the side. I thought the image hinted at that.

I fucking hate MMD creators that don't add titty bones that work.

Why do I constantly have to change dynamic bone settings after hitting play in unity, just to get the physics to work properly?

the only tip I can give you on decimating MMD models is to exclude the face from the decimation process since that's the most sensitive spot

I had a dream there was a fully realized VR version of Space Station 13. The touch controls worked perfectly with the hands system and the station was perfectly rendered in 3D, it was perfect for VR.

I'm upset I woke up.

Beat the clown. It's always the clown.

How often does the Oculus store put things on sale? Superhot VR is over half off right now. Tempting but my headset isn't even here yet.

What a faggot.

Superhot seems to have some issues right now going by the Steam discussion forums, and you're better off waiting to see how well you can get roomscale to work with your Rift first, given its sensors can be finicky as fuck.

How would you fix movement? I'm tired of every game being a shooting gallery or on rails.

I'm new to VRChat and im trying to use a custom MMD Avatar.

Anyone has a file called "MMD4Mecanim_Beta_20150821.zip" necessary to make the models in unity?

Or at least an easy way to do it... I tried with blender but im having some problems with it.....

Do not use MMD4Mechanim. It contains malicious code that deletes files from your project if it detects the VRCSDK.

Plus, it generates absolutely garbage results. Follow this tutorial:

youtube.com/watch?v=7P0ljQ6hU0A

Why didn't you say you're a girl? I tell everyone I'm a girl.

Not him but I plan on using the microphone on my Rift when it gets here. I can't go around telling people I'm a girl right now until then lmfao

Thanks a lot user.

If you'd read enough Megatokyo, you'd know that's a horrendously bad idea.

Not that user, but been trying to do the same thing. That guide's really the only way to do it, isn't it?
>Really wanna avoid a long ass video tutorial if possible
>Missing text tutorials like mad right now

It doesnt look too bad in game

Why what happens?

i like it

I was the same, just take your time and sit through it. It's easier than you might think when you follow it step by step.

Hey, I'm an absoute stupid negro and I went and downloaded a .fbx file from sketchfab

I have blender from awhile ago (updated but I dont use it) and just downloaded unity.

I can't open the .fbx file, welp? It came downloaded as zipped so I also unzipped it

Where can you get avatars with gesture facial expressions in game, besides Haitch's world?

Is it possible to rip or transfer models from Honey Select or Custom Maid 3D 2?
These are the only things I play in VR

you gotta install the mmd plugin for blender, then go to file>import>.fbx, and it uploads .fbx to blender.

Try ninja ripper. I dunno though.

>tfw subaru invites you to his private world dance party

I'm too asocial for this

kek I just saw Tupper in the Matsix stream

>subaru

Who is that?

Someone I bumped into in the Void Club where we had the meet yesterday. Don't think he's from /vrg/. But he sure likes to dance.

holy shit megatokyo is still going

>namefaggotry circlejerk in less than a week
its time for cancer to get a discord and fuck off

namefagging is annoying, but namedropping to do meets isnt a bad thing

where are the namefags? all I see is Anonymous

Anyone know this? I plan on making my own, but it would be nice to have access to some others in the meantime.

I installed the plugin and alas it does not work as of yet.

I thought decimating would be more difficult that just typing in a number and seeing it come out almost the same.

Literally nobody is doing that kek

you did this?

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR AVATAR DO THIS

I want this on all my avatars.

Yes. I am clicking directly on an .fbx file too when it prompts me to select a file after clicking import>.fbx

>Love the game Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Handgrenades
>Has the absolute BEST gunplay of any available VR experience
>Also has over 200 different weapons, every caliber and type of ammunition, most with several versions
>Shitloads of customization and working attachments
>BUT it's intended exclusively for 360 play
>At the shooting range the spawning tables are often far to the left or right, sometimes directly behind you
>I'm also ALWAYS like 10 feet tall for no reason, have to bend over to do anything
>Barely have a 3x3 foot space to play in, so I'm constantly bumping into shit having to turn around and reach around
>Love the Search and Hold/Destroy gamemode but you have to be turning around constantly
>On top of everything else I'm constantly getting hung up and choked by my headset cables

How do you deal with VR struggles, /vrg/? Is this game just poorly setup for VR or am I the only one struggling?

I want to know too.

It's called trail renderer in unity

What is 'Rocknroll'?

ball drop meetup where

I would assume they mean the devil horns.

Animatorfag here.
If I went through the trouble of using custom models, would they get stolen? Is there a way for someones custom avatar model to be ripped or saved?
I keep seeing ripped models running around from other games.

There may or may not be a future hack that will let you steal others models.

But other than that no, nobody can get your avatar.

wasnt someone looking for this
seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im7583703

no

Not yet, but it will probably become possible with time. A lot of the models aren't the original, though, they're just remakes.

Go to movement options and turn on snap-turning.

need nanachi now

Every VR game needs teleport and snap-turning as fallbacks. It'd both allow seated play and limited spaces more comfortably.

I got me a 5x5' space and even I'm being cautious with reaching stuff out, but Oculus' guardian is pretty aggressive at warning me when I'm close to my painted out area at the least.

Figure it out

>21
>when VR finally becomes good i'll be to old to mingle with animes

Age is a number my man unless you're a full on fucking vegetable by then.

can someone put up mirror

Do people use 3rd person locamotive? I have no problems using first person (so I kinda assume others are the same?)

Some people are pussy stomachs and can't handle 1st locomotion

Jesus Christ, I feel bad now. I was just in a Void Club instance getting sub 20fps. Then my character launches way up above the map and the camera spins around. Had the same launching/ spinning issue on a couple other maps too. Don't know if it was the avatar or what but my brain is fucked right now.

dude dont be stupid were going to be able to live forever by uploading our consciousness to the cloud or cybernetic chassis by the time 2040 hits then everything great will just be an inevitability

to anyone who doubts this fuck you unbelievers

i don't think we're within spitting distance of ghost in the shell or altered carbon yet

I swap depending if I'm sitting or standing. Sitting I can handle it no prob, standing can get me queasy if it's not directly ahead of where I'm looking.

Does anybody here mess around with the Gear VR's controller in VRChat? I just want to know if I can get a ghetto solution for some emoting.

Does it even count when it's just a copy of you? Imagine your superior digitized cloud self laughing at your impotent fleshy self.

Our best bet is to transplant our brains and hope we figure out how to keep them healthy for extended periods.

as long as there's some way to ensure continuity of consciousness for the transfer i don't really care if i die as long as computer me thinks they didn't

one thing or few discoveries will be made thatll snowball everything and make rapid progress. count on it

think of living from the 1940s to the 2010s boys in terms of modern tech. were going to make it boys. were all going to live forever as things we want to be. its go0nna be fucking epic bros

We can never fully replicate a gf....

What was the pass anyways?

Yeah, if we can ensure continuity of consciousness that'll be good news.

SOMEONE MAKE A MIRROR TO NANACHI MODEL PLEASE GOD PLEASE

As improbable as it is to have multiple VR setups in the same room, Vive definitely has a major edge over Rift in the concurrent users department due to each device handling itself based on the lighthouse, compared to Rift needing to read in from the webcams to determine wtf objects it sees are what.

yeah but i'll settle for a cuddly fuckdoll and an oxycodone button

Please send help (Japanese encoding, Cats Fix Model and Shadeless all done. texture exists and looks fine in Explorer)