imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
mega.nz/#!bBhX0QzY!DaLnBdlZzVM7QOMKDpiCZM2GUaH0SQFDhe-RMNBWeWs

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw/HJuSdEQt

Blew off a hand

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/4613115/
youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-overhaul-gameplay-enhancements-and-much-more.60369/
youtube.com/watch?v=TJi6O_3e41s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Happy new year, fellas. Here's to a better 2018

Perhaps making a thread at 4 in the morning wasn't the best idea.

Good night.

bump

Even a ded game deserves a Happy New Year!

Ded game, dead thread, dead year

Which is better, Corruption or Crimson?

option 3: the strawpoll

strawpoll.me/4613115/

Crimruption

rollan

tfw wanted to with tg a happy new year but it was dead

wanted to wish*

Since Veeky Forums wasn't around during the new years, does that mean it's still 2017 in here?

Yes. It's not even September here.

Redpill me on Antiaris

It's poisonous

Early impressions sucked, adds boars to the overworld at all times of day which are just Antlions 2.0.
Also adds a bunch of frustrating enemies at night.
A lot of materials are also in Thorium (Thorium has leaves that drop from living trees, Antiaris also has these except another separate item)
The only interesting part was that new NPC except Expeditions already does that exact thing and does it better.
Dropped it before EoC it was just fucking terrible. Slightly better than Tremor but still worse than Spirit.

youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

I understood that reference

Any good new builders on the scene?

Probably not

Servers:

Vanilla

Mods

T.O. 2.0 is official, BTW.
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-overhaul-gameplay-enhancements-and-much-more.60369/

>haven't played Terraria for quite a while
>see this general
>see this post

Never tried any mods before so I guess it's the perfect time to try something new.

>strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

Anybody interested in joining up for some PvP fun on Terraria?
Brief as fuck overview -
There will be a time limit of like 20-30 minutes to scatter and prepare with no PvP allowed during this time. After that PvP gets turned on and it's fair game.

Post here if you're interested. If enough people are interested (lmao never ever) we can have multiple small teams. I'll host.

Does anyone have the one that tells you where to build your base?

Horsecock~!

>kill Moonlord
>drops Terrarian 3 times in a fucking row
>then Last Prism
>Then Crystal Staff

Is it so fucking hard for me to be given Meowmere or Star Wrath? Do I have to have the worst drops for everything ever? Can I get good RNG in this game just for once?

Hold the fuck up...

Yeah, look at the bottom of that pic

Just DO IT

What do I do next? craft and stuff.
Logan is dead, he died at the blood moon because I also accidentally summon that floating eye(what a time to summon hah?)
Merchent won't move in, why? he got room with table and chair.

What do I do next?
any way to bring back Logan?

Wall in the top part. Also, without separating the floors with platforms that house only counts as two rooms.

>without separating the floors with platforms that house only counts as two rooms.
Oh I didn't know it. thanks.

This I don't mind watching it on youtube when I have nothing better to do though youtube.com/watch?v=TJi6O_3e41s

The Terrarian and Last Prism are literally the best weapons in the game.

Where do I plant seed?
Can I plant them indoors?

Crimson
>Better ambiance.The corruption isn't unsettling at all but the crimson is, especially underground
>Better music. The corruption's goofy song never instills a sense of unease
>Better enemies. 0 burrowers and some are actually creepy
>Has a wide variety of enemies instead of just reskinned worms, bigger worms, and floating worm heads
>BoC > EoW
>Superior item stats, which is especially nice against Skeletron
>I get far more use out of crimson rods than I ever do from vilethorns. During boss fights, building a WoF bridge in the underworld, covering my back in the pre-HM dungeon, mining—come to think of it, I get more use out of it in all situations
>Ichor >>> cursed flames
>Crimson hearts' accessory benefits all classes (and can be improved in a way that benefits all classes), not just mages
>Crimson mimics > corrupt mimics
>Vampire knives >>> the scourge
>No world feeders on early expert hardmode that kill you from 400 HP in 1-3 lunges, have 1k HP, and have high defense toward your pre-hardmode weapons
>No swarms of annoying flying enemies + death pits making it a challenge to cross corruption biomes, especially in the early game + early HM
>It's infinitely easier to build bridges/rails/arenas over the crimson to avoid enemies entirely
>Boss fights in large arenas that pass over the crimson won't be interrupted by flying enemies, unlike the corruption
>Because of all 10 of the above points, it's objectively the comfier biome to deal with
>Crimson hearts drop a melee weapon worth using. Outside of terraria 1.0 and youtubers doing meme runs I've never seen people use a ball o' hurt
>Shadewood > ebonwood
>Crimtane > demonite
>Crimstone > ebonstone
>Crimtane brick is WAY more unique than demonite brick. Combine this with paint and you can make interesting builds that otherwise aren't possible. Meanwhile, demonite brick has many substitutes
>All of the above + flesh blocks + flesh furniture = far more unique biome-based builds

only 9 months left

i dont know if this mod has been done already, but ive thought about another counterpart to the corruption/crimsion biomes that take on a theme of plague and acidic stuff, an overall green atmosphere, possibly swamp-like

considered names like the corrosion, its got alliteration with the other ones too

sounds cool user.
you have any mob ideas for it?

A friend of mine trying to get into the game "freezes" (AKA literally can't do anything, even press esc, and can only type in chat) whenever he enters a snow biome during rain, or from my perspective, he is just running the same direction and teleporting back doing the same thing over and over again. Are there any potential fixes for this?

>Vampire knives >>> the scourge
This is literally not the case anymore.

hard to say

crimson had an established theme of red, flesh, and eyes, and corruption had its theme of purple, teeth, and goo

"corrosion" would need some defining traits of the environment before i could think of noteworthy enemy designs

green for starters, i guess

>crimson
>eyes
That's corruption you meme.

SHIT

hell, why not a barren wasteland filled with caustic pits, with cyclopean vaults dotting the landscape?
the enemies could be general creatures associated with lovecraft, with an emphasis on tentacles and vile pagan-like cultists.

forgot pic
the wood you could get from it would ideally look gnarled and worn, as though it's been through the worst of rot and caustic exposure

How's the server population?

While on the topic of another corruption/crimson, why not alternatives to everything else?
>anything other than a normal-ass forest
>anything other than a normal-ass snow forest
>a not-jungle with different bosses and such
>not-beach
>not-hell

>not-beach
what would even go there?
>not hell
what if, instead of hell, there's an empty void that kills you if you fall into it
and instead of space, it's heaven?

I want to play this fucking game again but none of my friends enjoy playing it multiple times through

alternative to a beach could be a rocky mountain land
and hell could be replaced with a deep dark foggy cave it is dark you are more likely to be eaten by a grue

Bump

>mfw i invited some random jackass on steam discussions to help me kill plantera
>mfw he just came in, stole half my shit, and left because "his parents were calling him"
>mfw i found out today he's not on my friends list anymore

For fucks sake, is there anyone here who's willing to help kill plantera thats not some 10yo crook?

Yes, in exchange for horsecock sucking.
Also, as far as I know, multiplayer bosses get extra health and damage with multiple players, git gud

>enemies that spawn in this black expanse are generally hard to spot, as they try to avoid the light whenever possible
>they are stronger, bolder, and more dangerous the darker it is, benefiting from low torch light and blindness/darkness
>torches in this zone sputter out over time, and held torches produce very little light
>light-producing pets have a far reduced illumination
i could dig it
>asking for help on steam
it's your own fault
just look up gellot's terraria no-damage boss runs and copy his design, i completely annihilated it on expert mode with chlorophyte shotbow without the need for magic mirroring to reset the corridor

oh shit i didnt know, well i have arena setup and all. is it big enough? this is in expert mode too

nah, bigger
and give it some easy to access cover
and more hearts

Does anyone have that webm of GitGudAnon getting btfo by a medusa while fighting Plantera and erasing the marble biome in a fit?

mine was about a good 150% of that, and it had a solid center to allow plantera to grab onto the middle and thus suspend itself in the air, where it was easier to shoot.
you should also seriously consider making a 5-10 block tall corridor stretching from one end of the arena to the edge of the jungle for phase 2, especially so if you're in expert mode; it'll let you shoot at it from relative safety when it would otherwise mangle you in your arena. if your dps is shit, put a bed near the arena so you can magic mirror and re-use the corridor before you run out of room.

Pretty new to this game...

Any reason I should keep my crimson/hallow? About to attempt moon lord but my ocd keeps telling me to purify everything first. Already got more souls and loot than I need, plus isolated biomes in my sky just in case, so should I go ahead and just purify everything?

Also I got lucky and got the legendary Martian sword in one reforge, is that good vs the moon fag?

Alright im expanding it, its really hard with all these damn bees shooting at me. I hear being a summoner is bad for single play but idk it would be pretty useful now. Anyone wann join find me Atlasasp on steam

I only have TItanium Gear and haven't actually fought a mech boss yet so I'm not sure if I'll be any help. Do you still mind?

no prob, i have some spare stuff you could use, just dont be that one guy taking all my shit and leaving me in the dust

Lol did Red nerf them to shit again?

Fucking hell sorry I lost focus there, you still need help right?

yeah lawl, if ya can

that was fun random guy who i fought plantera with, don't take it personal when I deleted you, I do that a lot.

>buy terraria for ps4 so friends and I can splitscreen coop
>about 30 hours in, have awesome homes and starting to get good gear
>kill destroyer, having a blast
>friends leave for the day so decide to join community and play online
>join dudes game
>play for 5 minutes before he disconnects
>decide to go back to my world
>it's been overwritten with the other fuck who d/ced's world
>all our shit gone except for what we had on us
FUCK i've never been so pissed, what a stupid fucking bug, can't even find the motivation to play again.

I really like how Plantera and Duke Fishron have "enraged" modes, really adds a level of replayablity if you ever wanna go back to them and want a little extra challenge.

>buy terraria for ps4
You can pinpoint the exact moment user had fucked up and the exact moment you knew this was not going to be a good story.

>having friends
:(

This thread is dead as fuck so by time I get an answer I'll have started the game and finished it probably, but just for the hell of it I'll ask anyway.

I have two worlds I've just created. One is exceptionally nice. Great landscapes, 2 pyramids, very little Corruption in general HOWEVER the one spot the corruption is at is right smack dab on top of my jungle.

The other world is pretty bland, has no pyramids, no good landmarks to build at but the corruption isn't on my jungle and is instead on my snow biome

Which would you pick or should I keep genning worlds?

The good-looking one, the only way to lose your jungle to corruption is by afking for a month straight with the game turned on.

First because I don't get my panties in a twist over corruption.

These, or make some maps with TerraCustom with the "evil biome fucks off from the jungle" option.

The cyclopean tomb idea sounds great. Maybe the main blocks of the biome could look like stones that were piled atop one another. As for the boss, something with new mechanics would be nice

Even post-nerf like, what, 5 years ago? Vampire knives still allow you to survive almost anything effortlessly, moon lord being the only big exception due to his healing debuff. In what way is the scourge better >50% of the time?

>Play Terraria for the first time
>Get the corruption
>Later learn that the equipment you get from here is worse than the crimson
>Get the inferior version of every ore besides iron/lead
>Quit
Well that was dull. How are you guys praising this garbage again?
In what world is it okay to have two variants of things with one of said things being designed from the ground up to be superior to the other?
Why aren't these things balanced so that they both give different benefits? I've only played the game for 4 hours and I can already give a very easy solution to this issue.
>current inferior ore has a faster attack speed but lower attack
>current superior ore hits harder but is slower
Wow, took me a whole 2 seconds to think up that and it's flawless as well. Anything is better than "lol oh what you rolled gold ore instead of platinum? unlucky, guess you won't be getting the better weapons / armor. oh whats that you wanted to make the diamond staff which is leagues better than the ruby one? sorry but luck wasn't in your favor lmao"
inb4 immense damage control from terraria soy boys who can't argue with the fact that i'm right.

While you're right and the game is really halfbaked in it's implementation of a lot of things, for the base metals the difference is pretty trivial and you can fish up or get them from the extractinator anyway.

reset mode coming soon

is this a copypasta I've never seen before? because there are at least 4 major things wrong with it, 2 of which were pointed out already

it is pretty shitty that corruption/crimson and the general ores are imbalanced, but it is marginal in the extreme and it is incredibly easy to bypass the early stuff in favor of better stuff altogether (IE waterbolt for magic, minishark for ranged, molten armor, etc)
the one one of these that is really impactful is titanium, as you can't really skip it for hallow without quite a bit of trouble and its passive is so hilariously strong that it blows adamantian out of the water, and even then you can get shittons of it anyways by fishing (the most optimal, if boring, strat for resource gathering)
i'd agree with you that it would be a serious problem if the game's progression wasn't super easy to rush and skip entire tiers

whats the more difficult biome once hard mode has been activated, crimson or corruption?
does any classes in particular have an easier/harder time in either of them than the others?