/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Happy New Year!

>Current Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2018/Heavensturn/

>Patch 4.18
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fb2cfeec68d0da7ae33b84f5c2eee0e39c815192

>Callback Campaign:
>na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/CwDXVRwP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rUzxvmK5svA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Link to previous thread:

Post fat cats for the new year.

adas fat filthy unwashed pimple ass and stumpy mutilated pube forest dick

I never asked for these feels

I want to fucking raid in 4.2 but I don't have a raid team. I've tried taking people from pugs and asking them if they want to start a static but they've always been lukewarm.

I'm good, I've got orange parses and can play any ranged class. I just can't make any fucking friends

happy new year ;___;

>tfw no stern motherly midlander gf to scold me when I get home late from adventuring.

henlo /xivg/

What feels? Stormblood characters never grew on me. Also I mourn Ysaile more than Haurchy, but she didn't get a nice memorial.

Shiver me timbers xivg

>mourns the least interesting character character of all heavensward that killed herself because she was told she wasn't a dragon onahole
>doesn't mourn brocherfaunt or master samurai that wanted to attone for his pupil sins

why do you mourn a character that got turned into shitty waifubait and dumped off to die by her dragondaddy who disappeared like a fart in the wind while she managed to get hit by the blindest flak cannoneers known to the empire?

waifubait? how?

TEEHEE MOOGLE R SO FLUFFY AND KAWAII DESU NE~ OMG IM GOOD GUY NOW ^_^

reminder that cringe like this is why the game is still alive.

i want everyone here to appreciate the service these losers do for the game by funding it so they can buy cash shop outfits and jack off.

What about stuffed foxes?

>Go onto forums, make any kind of thread regarding "How can we improve X or add Y content?"
>UHHHHHHHHH ACTUALLY the game is literally perfect and doesnt need new content
>In fact Yoshi should take out content, theres too much to do currently lol
>Stop being ungrateful and unrealistic, SE is a small indie company with a tight budget
>DID YOU GET ALL ACHIEVEMENTS, FISH LOGS, SIGHTSEERING? HUH HUH
>Honestly they should make patch cycles even longer so I can get stuff done, I only get to login 20 minutes a week haha

who is the au'ra with the coat in the bottom right?

If i didn't know about balmung i'd just say those were friends hanging around.

Balmung ruins everything.

What are some good EU servers? I can only play during EU times as of late.

I need a cuddle buddy it's cold and all I wanna do is have someone to talk to while I play yugioh.

>DID YOU GET ALL ACHIEVEMENTS, FISH LOGS, SIGHTSEERING? HUH HUH
god these people are dumb

that never happened

Eri's really milking it, isn't he?

And when the guy who eventually shows up who actually did get all the achievements everyone is like "Wow dude you have no life you spend like 2000 hours on this game you cant complain about the game not giving you enough to do"

Odin.

They have a point though, you can only really bitch about the game not having content after you've done it all rather than just doing the content that caters to your interest.

>game missing all midcore content is perfect

god I hate the drones

there's no such thing as midcore. it's just literally casuals that don't like being called casuals.

Midcore is content you have to put moderate effort into to succeed, but not hard enough that it requires serious coordination, highly specific comps and voice chat.

>waifufag is blind to his own waifuism
she was a good character in ARR, and they shat upon her in heavensward in the most shoehorned attempt at making a character endearing. for da keedz man dey cold and stuff moogle r fluffy hehehehehe. fuck off.

Is tickling the official fetish of xivg?

what i'm getting here is "i want to raid but i'm a socially awkward fuck that hates voice chat, i'm midcore and using voice comms is so hardcore"

you stole my warm

it's the official fetish of like two fat dudes from /xivg/

I was the one who showed Eri the simple truth:
Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money.

>ysaile
>good character on ARR
She wasn't a good character, she literally forced her people to drink dragon blood to mutate into dragonkin to attack ishgard and do terrorist attacks in supply lines all based on a shitty prophecy that was wrong all along.

Shiva wasn't even a good primal fight.

i dont even waifu her
stop reaching so hard

>she's not a good character in ARR because she's eeeevil and lots of shit i didn't know until heavensward, which is not ARR
??????

happy new year /xivg/ ;w;

Who are these fat dudes? I want to meet them.

She was pretty one-dimensional in ARR. Just another quest villain.

Ok let's talk about what we knew about ysayle on ARR

>there's some bitch leading the terrorists
>we get tired of her fucking up the coerthas mordhona supply lines so we chase her down
>haha WoL you found me but i wont let you stop me and turns into shiva
>gets her ass kicked
>y-you'll pay for this, w-w-we'll f-fight another day

You too

Ugly
Ugly pathetic

unlike deep character hautefarts
>here some cocoa IM WACKY HAHAHA MEN ARE SQUATTING IN THE ROOM BEHIND U

pirate gurl good gurl

Hope you all had a good new years anons!

Both were shit characters desu

I keep hearing this weird loud electricy sound when I enter fights sometimes. At first I thought it was Greased Lightning or something, but that hasn't quite lined up. It's driving me batty.

you ever respond to your shit femroe post on a separate device to give yourself attention?

So are catgirls and Femlizzers the only grown man approved races? I want to know for erp reasons.

You're going to end it this year right?

Some grownmen like midlanders and elezen as well.

This meower has barbs, a knot and a flare

Happy New Year /xivg/! It is the Year of the Dog! Treat all doggos well for Good Luck!

No, the only grown man approved race is mandragora. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you.

If you had to design a new tank job for this game, which one would it be and what would be its mechanics?

a flare?

You know it. Booty to be plundered!

Whichever one they announce for April Fools 2018.

Yeah, so you can see it in the dark on the highways.

Horses.

Has there ever been a pet based tank in any game? A mammeteer who has their puppet do the tanking for them might be interesting, but it would also probably be terrible.

>using casual/**midcore**/hardcore as a metric for skill

Its based around time investment, skill is too ambigious and makes you just look like a shitter not wanting to be called a shitter like said.

>I work a part-full-time job!

this is how you midcore idiots sound.

owo

I want to visit this femroe's brig!

>Tfw no Kidomaru for non DRK
>Would be perfect for my glamour

Post your character and their FFXIV OST theme song!

Some kind of magic barrier based tank that wears caster gear. Replace all the "reduce damage by % for 20 seconds" nonsense and just load it up with a bunch of short CD skills like Sheltron and Blackest Night, things you actively swap on to block specific attacks.

There's zero cash shop outfits in that screenshot though, two if you count the seasonal ones they could have bought if they weren't subbed during the event.

no raid in this game requires a highly specific comp

you could just say you don't like SE's gayass puzzle mechanics, because that's what it sounds like, but that's exactly why "midcore" won't ever exist in this game

>what are server ticks

Most people feel a higher emotional attachment towards haurchefant due to his cheerful personality. He treated you like family straight away and didn't think twice before he took you in after the whole uldah scandal.

I don't think he deserves all the homages and shit people make for him, he wasn't that good of a character but he was definitely better than ysayle.

There's the scythe, at least.

Sheltron works just fine.

jikes is that beepy? poor girls

Something that really shouldn't affect a mmo in now 2018.

The brig is only for people who need to be there. Recreational usage of the brig is strictly prohibited. Bondage equipment is expensive and not to be used willy nilly.

this pic on its own isn't really cringe
it was the post itself and the pic (and the context around it) that made it cringe

at the same time, you making a whiny ass post like this is pretty cringe in and of itself lol

RUN from XI to replace DRK. Now you have a tank that actually excels at magic mitigation and avoidance/parry so people can stop calling DRK the magic tank because it has Dark Mind.

Oh wait an actual magic tank wouldn't work because that means content would have to be balanced around it to make it viable and that's just too much work.

Whoops.

LB from cactuar, you about?

youtu.be/rUzxvmK5svA

which class should i play

>play blue mage
>get hit with akh morn
>use akh morn on nidhogg

You're right, somehow didn't even notice that massive thing.

The fuck you know about balancing fuck off. Go take your death again nigger.

>doesn't do jack shit because fuck allowing cool moves to be used on bosses

Calculus

> Get hit with Akh Morn.
> Don't learn it because spell acquisition is RNG.
I can see them letting people use boss spells without Unbridled Learning.

Are you and Brahms still dating

>play blue mage
>get hit by level 5 death
>go around one shotting all bosses with levels of multiple of 5

No I'm dating my girlfriend.

>girlfriend

That's hella gay, dude.