Hi! I'm John Green, this is Crash Course World History, and today were going to be talking about Eurocentrism

>Hi! I'm John Green, this is Crash Course World History, and today were going to be talking about Eurocentrism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0LsrkWDCvxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OOH OOH, MR GREEN!!!!

Yes, me-from-the-past, we will be discussing institutionalize racism

I don't watch his stuff, could someone give me the spark notes of why he sucks?

He doesn't

I don't think he does. it's just his jokes are lame and persona annoying.

Greenpill me about 30 Years War from the Australian Aboriginal perspective

He's clearly biased and doesn't even pretend to hide it, but thats not the problem. Teachers every where in America show his videos in class as a way of teaching students without having to put in any actual effort. This causes students to take Green as a source of authority, and repeat stuff they learned from Green no matter how wrong or biased it was, instead of actually taking time to study and learn. I took a few history classes in College and one of them even showed a John Green video. His Human Geo videos though were completely irredeemable trash and I'm glad he deleted them

>I took a few history classes in College and one of them even showed a John Green video.

kek same here

He's the typical biased historian. Honestly Wikipedia gives a better rundown of world history than he does.

Can you stop making threads about him, please?
It's become a groundhog day.

t. john green

Looks like Veeky Forums is still continuing to beat the dead horse that is bitching about John Green.

No detail explaining the context of event a lot of the time and a clear leftist bias.

For example, his Alexander the Great video spent more time on arguing against using such a title rather than his accomplishments.

His video on the continents was pathetic. He doesn't seem to realize that continental plate theory came Long after the development of continents and not the other way around.

So are there any youtube historians or online historians in general that Veeky Forums would recommend watching?

Bill nye the science guy timothy leary newt limbaugh

>Hi! I'm John Green, this is Crash Course World History, and today were going to be talking about the Renaissance
>The Renaissance happened between the 14ths and 17th century and during this period the Ming Dynasty ruled China which is what we will focus on in todays episode.

Dan Carlin ist one of the best online "historians". He's not a historian himself, he takes interesting and unique topics and portraits them often from the human side (first hand accounts) while staying pretty objective

Sarcuck of Mossad has some ancient history one of his other channels (haven't watched them, so I can't give you an account of they're good or not)

And scolia gladiatora for your larping experience

Let's go to the fireplace of smartasses and make an open letter to something vaguely relevant on the topic!

If your interested in the history of swords or other weapons skallagrim has some interesting videos.

He's like a renaissance man of being a vapid idiot who's more focused on taking down perceived preconceptions instead of presenting history.

>a John Green video
Mine has shown close to 12

because he put "this machine kills fascist" on his mac book

But the Internet's made more fascists than it's killed

>Each episode covering a specific time-period devotes half to covering women and blacks during that time period
>women and blacks from said time-period also get individual episodes as well

>there are people who think eurocentrism is a meaningless buzzword
>there are people who don't understand that it can have valid uses

tl;dr: basically the Bill Nye of history

Very funny, like anyone would be enough of a fag to...

[Pic related]

I can defend a lot of thing of John Green

but I can't defend that

What's wrong with Bill Nye? He made stuff literally for kids, it didn't have to be amazing.

Plus, Nye didn't infuse his videos with propagandizing elements

Nothing wrong with Eurocentrism, considering they were the largest movers in the world

Neither he nor Carlin are historians. Nor Sargon. I fucking hate that my generation has taken to non-qualified turds who make history videos instead of going to a fucking library and getting a book that is far more informing on the subject of their interest. It's a shame people don't read anymore, but if you are truly interested in history there is an abundance of texts from qualified academics on any trifle or random factoid of historical knowledge I see asked about on boards like these.

T. Senior History Undergrad getting letters from dozens of top programs. I'm actually concentrated in Greco-Roman History with a focus on both material culture, economics, and cultural trends (eg. Hellenization or Romanization)

i watched few greens videos, mostly unrelated to history, can anyone link some biased videos

Because our generation has the internet. Armchair historians have a lot of information they can access. I wouldn't dismiss someone simply because he isn't certified but based on the content of his material.

Carlin is easily the best out of all of them, since he's just a fanboy and isn't harming anyone.

I think pop-history has a place in the internet culture, but it should definitely focus on turning you towards real historians.

John Green thinks most of those real historians are racist white guys, and fuck them

People prefer the short and sweet version that's easy to digest. We'll never see the day when the average person is a scholar, and even if we did the hyper-scholars would just look down on the milds just as you look down on pop historians. Kinda sucks, but it's how it is.

I also agree with . Such figures are useful for sparking an interest in people so they'll start digging into deeper material. We've all had a time in our past where we didn't know about history or even really care. Something sparked your interest at some point, and pop historians can do that for today's youth (or those older who for whatever reason never became interested).

Not Sargon though. I feel sick knowing he's taking the name of that legendary figure to apply to his sorry ass.

folks need to chill; it's called CRASH COURSE. he's using little toons to teach high school world history. you guys have unreasonable standards.

I'm pretty sure high schoolers don't have to write essays on whether Alexander the ""Great"" was actually great or not.
youtube.com/watch?v=0LsrkWDCvxg

he's a fucking cuck

Mike Duncan did an elder god tier podcast on the history of the Roman Empire, and is currently doing a really good podcast on various revolutions as well.

Real Crusades History

>"european culture is inherently violent"
>much better than Europe at the time
>homophobia and sexism/racism only mentioned in a european context
>mongols were good for trade, even thoigh they murdered tens of millions
>lame shitty jokes everywhere

how many boards has greenposting matriculated to?

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums would make a cute couple.

Meme channel tbqh famjam

All areas where he's relevant, so Veeky Forums, /tv/, Veeky Forums, and /pol/.

Everyone seems to despise him

Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /pol/, rarely /tv/, /v/ shitpost threads might contain Green, and Green said something about some mountain goat band so I bet /mu/ shat on him at least once.

Lindy Beige

Well everyone is going to teach history from his perspective so might as well at least have one voice offering a different but maybe plausable reading of history

I agree not just whites but everyone needs to be critical of their culture's narrative of history.

You're obviously going to get a sensationalized view of his bias but it does exist and it leans openly leftwards. In fairness, a completely balanced view of history would probably draw some fire from his main audience, highly sensitive high schoolers.

I don't really recommend him but I also don't hate him. He's for people who would never read history in the first place.

So did I and it rustled me. He's below the tier of what should be taught in college and if I wanted to watch youtube pundits I would save myself a few thousand in tuition and stay home.

But he does.