Film Industry Endorsed Crypto

Are there any movies containing references to Cryptocurrency trading or Bitcoin?

Once Hollywood start putting out movies glamourising the trading of Crypto things will really moon as normies jump on the bandwagon:

>The rags to ritches tale of an elite hacker loner protagonist who makes billions from his bedroom by trading BTC

Imagine a Wolf of Wall Street based on ETH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vPUh3ldvbDE
themerkle.com/bitcoin-in-pop-culture-top-3-television-references/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pls respond ;_;

Bump for interest

Wolf of Poloniex

>The rags to ritches tale of an elite hacker loner protagonist who makes billions from his bedroom by trading BTC

Well no one would believe it because markets are efficient and you can't make money trading.

Fund it!

>you can't make money trading
Said nobody ever in the history of human civilisation

My investment rose 200% overall by a month. Invested €50K, now have €110K, Kraken Tier 4 verified. mfw

There's an Amazon show called startup which involves crypto I think

"Do you know anything about the ethereum network?"

youtube.com/watch?v=vPUh3ldvbDE

tell that to JP Morgan

I cringed

Why are US shows so fucking obnoxious?

>Fast dialogue because SO WITTY & CLEVAR
>The posh Britbong character
>That jingly chiche background music way too loud.

Formulaic as fuck. And ETH transactions are inherently traceable, so no leet hackers needed

Umm no. Read 'a random walk down wallstreet'.

Most network (non-cable) TV shows are this way. There are very few worth watching. Normie-tier watered-down bullshit.
There's also a conspiracy theory at the moment that the writers of such shows are constantly trying to one-up each other with the how much technology/hacking bullshit they can slip into the show.

As long as they keep mentioning ETH and BTC I don't give a fuck

Portraying hackers as smart businessmen in expensive suits is good for my investments

This is either low quality bait or you're just mentally deficient.
EMH, if true, doesn't mean you can't make money. It just means you can't outperform the market.

In Mr. Robot the big bad banker dude mentions bitcoin.

I can see it now, opening scene

>user gets his high school grades
>gets college rejections
>gets job at burger joint
>makes had side shill of cleaning windows
>stumbles upon reddit(Veeky Forums not suitable for movies)
>reads about bitcoin
>sees garbage pc tower at the home of a window cleaning client - looks like gaymen PC
>starts mining
> become social recluse, mining and selling coins and cleaning windows
>gets fired from burger joint
>discovers silk road and starts selling green
> fast forward to first bitcoin pump
> user gets a whore
>user buys lambo
>user drives himself to insanity trading shitcoins
>about to an hero because he lost money on Trump because he bought in at the top of the pump
>can't pay his Lamborghini
>FBI looking for him for silkroad
>has pills
>takes them
>mom comes upstairs
>opens the door
>gets on the floor
>everybody walks the dinosaur

>you can't outperform the market.

Exactly.
Which is why I added the "if true" clause, because EMH is bullshit. I was pointing out the fact that even if it were true then his point is false.

EMH is true my economics teacher told me. Trading is gambling.

themerkle.com/bitcoin-in-pop-culture-top-3-television-references/

Made me chuckle.

Go do some reading and decide for yourself instead of parroting your teachers.

(OP)
i don't think widespread normie adoption of crypros is around the corner.
that television clip that the other poster put up will not resonate with the average viewer. the crypto talk was just some techno gobbledygook to transition to the next assassination or explosion scene.
the only entertainment vehicle that has any hope of redpilling normies on cryptos is the Beanman & Friends Cartoon Hour. The kids who watch this show won't reach adulthood until 10-15 years down the line. they will be the major drivers of change . you need to get 'em young.

Why did I make 22k in 5 months trading BTC futures then?

Agreed bean coins truly is the future of fiat currency.

>THAT FUCKING FACE

>Umm no. Read 'a random walk down wallstreet'.
>you can't outperform the market.
Just under conditions of perfect information equally high skilled market participants etc.
Should it be the case that many normal people on the street haven't heard about the crypto market and/or that many of them are dumb as fuck then there is money to be made.

Also don't forget market manipulation. Pump and dump schemes fly in the face of an efficient market.