Forex General

High risk shit

What are you intending to do for the second round of french elections? Short or Long EUR/USD?

I'm putting in two pending orders to buy or sell depending on who wins. Although low energy Macron will more than likely win.

If you don't know what you're doing sure it is

I had this idea of going long on both USD/EUR and EUR/USD (using an instrument called a CFD which essentially just follows the price change of the underlying), with stop losses on both positions. Limited loss, unlimited profit. I'd have to set it up just before the weekend.

I trade CFDs on simplefx with BTC. When I make enough profits I'll open one with Swissquote.

Just buy ETH, forex generals don't belong on Veeky Forums

I'm hoping for a move similar to when trump won if Le Pen wins. However I'm not sure how much higher the EUR will move if Macron wins because the market priced it in quite a bit already.

I use CMC

True, I'll definitely hold a significantly smaller position on my USD/EUR long.

Lower quantity on USD/EUR so that my stop loss will result in me not losing so much, which will be important with the smaller gains on EUR/USD if Macron wins.

I regret not opening a short position on CAD last week. Canada is fucked with their housing market, oil being range bound and the Trump administration firing up the tariffs. I'll open a big position when Trump starts mouthing off on NAFTA again because he backed down on it last week.

>EUR/PLN

Why?

Stronger data and inflation coming out of the Euro zone should be enough to support my trade in addition to the Polish central bank changing the direction on their current monetary policy stance. If Draghi doesn't change any wording in his statements by September I'll close my position. The daily swap on my current position is positive so I get paid for keeping it open.

I intend to wait it out, but assuming Macron wins I reckon go long on the Euro, Draghi has said bond buying will continue through to end of this year.

If you think LePen is going to win, I'd go short on Euro, long on Swiss Francs.

Also go short on the Aussie dollar, since Feb it's been losing ground against the Euro and the Yen and I think with the housing bubble and possible interest rate rises that trends just gonna continue.

Polak?

No polak , I gook

Huh.
I just find it odd that someone would trade PLN. I don't find our market big enough to be significant. It's shallow.

>doing risky forex trades just to lock in profit with an extremely volatile currency like btc

lmao for what purpose?

>tfw your broker doesnt offer the currency you want to short

short the Philippines peso