The Jews, again

>The Jews, again

Why Veeky Forums? Why are they such a thorn in the Anglo-West's side?

>Non-Christians don't want to refer to Christ as "Our Lord"
>Thorn in the Anglo-West's side
ok.

Continue using BC/AD in your own work.

Now what?

>Christians should change their culture and bend it to accommodate a minority
ok

lmao butthurt christfag just realized he's losing the culture war.

Get cucked.

I mentally refer to it as BC/AD because BCE and CE i somehow associate with gundam.

>a minority

Non-Christians are not a minority.

Please tread more lightly, this is a blue board after all.

Jews view goyim as non-humans, undeserving of having a culture outside of the wishes of Jews themselves.

Do cattle ranchers allow their cattle do be free? Why would Jew do this with gentiles, whom they see as cattle?

Jews win again. Christians never stood a chance.

euphoric

I bet you attend mosque sermons to show "solidarity" and virtue signal about how progressive you are.

More seriously though, is it really important to you, as an individual, that one says "oh btw we're Christians" when we're mentioning any given date?

Do you realize that it might have something to do with a desired shift in tone away from religiousity that academics desired, and that little part just happened to be spearheaded by Jews, rather than an insidious plot?

Of course it's a plot by jews to marginalize Christianity in the west. This is how they operate.

Who said anything about an insidious jewish plot?

I merely asked what I thought was a fair question. Not even a Christian either. And I clearly struck a nerve considering the knee jerk response I got.

Funny.

But the date change revolves around Christ either way and therefore BC and AD are more descriptive. If anyone were to ask why the dates changed from "before common era" to "common era" the answer would be Jesus Christ and it shows how autistically anti-Jesus secularists are that they would petition to hide this fact.

Am I the only one who thinks the concept of BC is retarded? There should be way more date periods than just "vaguely before and after that one guy was born".

>Why are [Jews] a thorn in the Anglo West's side?
You're not fooling anyone.

I'm not OP. My point is quite separable from his.

> Am I the only one
Yes.

We should just change our dating system desu. Yes it would be a pain but it would be so nice and organized when it's finished.

it would be one thing if it was an actual shift to a secular dating system, but as far as I know it's the exact same as BC/AD just with different terms, which is why it is dumb

No, you have that backwards. Changing the whole system would be incredibly difficult and also pointless. CE is simply a more accurate name for AD.

>More seriously though, is it really important to you, as an individual, that one says "oh btw we're Christians" when we're mentioning any given date?

Yes.
Having a date system that reflects my cultures history and beliefs rather than arbitrary dating system created by internationalist Marxists is important to me.

>CE is simply a more accurate name for AD.
Except it isn't.
There is nothing common about the "common era", it's just the Christian dating system with the label vandalized in order to separate Christians from their culture, and paint it as belonging to everyone but the Christians themselves.

>There is nothing common about the "common era",

You mean other than that most of the people who use it aren't Christians?

>Except it isn't.

It literally is, though.

No it isn't.

How do you figure?

Because Christ is the crux between the date changes.

They can set up their own calendar then.

They were in the west when CE was first proposed

>Other cultures partially adopt your calendar in order to ease business and diplomatic relations with you, while still keeping their own cultural calendars
>therefore your calendar ceases to be yours and should be stripped of all the parts of it that distinctly tie it to your culture but everyone else gets to keep their own calendars unchanged

No.

>They were in the west when CE was first proposed

So? It is used by almost the entire world. Most of the world is not Christian. It is LITWRALLY the common era, for everybody, including Christians. For Christians it also has religious significance, and that's fine. Although even for Christians it's primarily just a convenient common system. You would be lying if you said toy thought about Jesus every time someone mentioned a year.

Read Mitchell Heisman's suicide note, mate. Jews and Anglos have much in common.

>It is LITERALLY the common era, for everybody, including Christians.
Except we have nothing in common.

Huh? What does that mean?

Even during the 17th century when Common Era began to gain some attraction, it was still used interchangeably with Christian Era.

The dates denote the life of Jesus Christ. It makes absolutely no sense to rebrand it with a secular title.

It makes sense because it is more accurate. It is primarily a secular calendar, despite having a historical basis in Christianity.

>It is primarily a secular calendar, despite having a historical basis in Christianity.

Now THAT'S what I call mental gymnastics!

It is not secular it is Christian, we live 2000 years after Christ, BC is what happened before Christ.

How is that "mental gymnastics?" It's a straightforward factual description.

It is ALSO Chrustian, but the fact that most of the people who use it aren't even Christian proves it's not PRIMARILY Christian. In fact it's overwhelmingly a secular system even among Chrustians.

It means that non-Christian nations superficially using the Gregorian calendar in order to ease relations with Christian nations doesn't magically establish a common era among nations, anymore so than European nations overwhelming using the Latin alphabet establishes a common era among European nations.

>it is based in Christianity but it's actually secular

k den

>He doesn't use A.U.C, the only legitimate dating system of the west
You might as well be using the Muslim calendar.

Pretty much all cultures have their own calendar.
Also:
>year 5777
>still complaining about Jews and not knowing enough about Judaism to know they have their own calendar
kys

>Responsible for like 30% of the west's scientific discoveries despite being a tiny minority
>a thorn

without jews, there wouldn't even be a BC or AD.

>Change from BC/AD to BCE/CE
>Everything else stays the same
>Now it is an "arbitrary dating system created by internationalist Marxists" even though only a small abbreviation change happened, despite it still being based on the date of the birth of Christ
ok