/eftg/ -Escape From Tarkov General

Reduced fees edition

New years event is going on currently so you can get the game at -25% discount!

>Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL"""" EFT discord for beta news and numales:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/:
discord.gg/BEEk538

Eod is really not worth it.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/J4RJPJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and neither is your mom

>tfw turning in that skir quest

Did a scav run on shoreline and it put me in the game with only 9 minutes left and I barely made it.

>tfw shoreline solo
>tfw carefully sneak into spa, stay in theatre, listen for sounds until you find a guy who has been looting for past 20 minutes
>stalk him until he stops to take aim at scavs at bunker
>dome him
>grab his shit and get away with 200k worth of loot and dogtags
Check behind you kids.

discord.gg/J4RJPJ
discord where people play during daytime

anyone have the new helmet yet?

I think it's all peacekeeper lvl 4

I have a similar story but I am the one who got killed at the end. Also Shoreline but got tapped near the Pier Boat.

Was trying out my AKM and have some good loots too. Shame it is all gone but I realisers your survival chance will be very high when you bring a good rifle. Aside from scabs I had gunned down few hatchings from afar, really fun. And I was a hatching myself.

Also a question about trader, can you buy mods in higher level traders? I watched some streams and people always have an AK with sight and grips.

How do I stop being so bad in solo? I always seem to either get fucked up before even leaving spawn, or if I do manage to escape I'll eventually get gunned down by a 5 stack cuck squad. I wish solo only dropped you with other solos.

yes prapor, skier lv2 add nice shit and peacekeeper lv2
then you can afford almost all.

post gear

What maps you playing on? Factory and Custom are cram enough to put you in many PVP situation.

So far Shoreline is the easiest choice, but you will still get fucked by squad or othe fully kitted player if you go into major loot area.

Extraction points are always come with danger, just be careful or wait the camper go away.

Been deploying woods mostly because it seemed the safest place to move around solo. Is there a decent map for Shoreline around yet? I'm apprehensive about deploying there because I don't know all of the spawns/exits and the only map I've found online is really unreliable and inaccurate.

be careful, go slow and dont take fights you can't win. Sometimes if you find a guy just start tracking him and wait for him to stop and focus on someone else and fuck him up then.
Also know when to sprint know when to go full snikedy snek

Haven't go to Woods before but I heard of there are lots of PVP going on. There is a Shoreline map I found on reddit which is pretty reliable, it maps out all the extraction points, but you have to figure out the rest by youself, may be take some time to go offline mode to get the feel of it.

I started out in Factory and get rekt hard. Things going well for me once I changed to Shoreline. You just need to do some homework to get there. They put Shoreline in easy for a reason.

Anyone have a 7 day trial key they are willing to give away?

sorry gave mine away to my friend. Sign up on website, open beta soon. If you could stomach arma and stalker with bugs and netcode and enjoyed the hardcore gameplay I'd say buy it with the discount cause there's 90% chance you'll enjoy it

dead game

Fucking HATE the fact that you can go trough enemies. got me killed at least 5 times today

can you? I always get stuck on fucking stairwells

Redpill me on the editions of this game, I've read the pastebin, but will my hoarder ass be alright with the basic edition?
Also, how does it run on weaker cards like 750ti?

The collision range is obviously small, you may run through a scav and miss your shot.

I only played briefly at a friends place but can you increase the field of view? I got stuck so many times because I couldn't see SHIT.

The more expensive the edition, the more shit you start off with.

The biggest differences are:
Larger stash (will become grindable once personal hideouts are added)
Fort armor and kiver helmet (currently best protection in the game but doesn't make you invicible, required for first quest one of the traders has)
Some small bonus in trader repuation so you will have to do one or two quests less before you can increase a traders level
A bunch of guns, which you will probably fail to make proper use of and lose quickly

Hoarding shit has become infinitely easier now that a bunch of container items have been added. They are expensive as fuck to buy from traders ingame but they'll quadruple your effective storage space.

Been considering this game as I have followed it since it was Concept Art on a website; but have worries that it'll be jank as all hell due to its early access/beta nature.

I've been trying to get into PUBG but rage at the hit reg, and the constant lag. I've also come from playing R6:S where I feel fps shooting is comfy and controllable (unlike PUBG).

Will this game be enjoyable for me? I never really liked Arma as it was a bit too far into the mil-sim for me. But i do love an fps where I can take it slow, and feel like I have control over my gun/aim/shooting.

Also 30 Burgerbucks = 41 Beaverbucks currently. Will I kick myself for dropping money now only to have it be Open Beta/free in the near future?

On the simulation scale of 0 (CoD) to 10 (Arma) Tarkov is probably about a 6~7.
There is early access jank. Your best bet is to wait a few months for the open beta or just watch some streams/vids and make up your own mind

Yeah or you run up behind one as a hatchling and they moonwalk trough you for an easy headshot.

Yes you will like it. pubg is like babby mode tarkov and tarkov is like more streamlined arma movement controls.
There will be open beta but it will most likely be invite only instead of fully open but otherwise the game is pretty good and right now unless you play cross regions the ping isn't too bad.

Have you opened an account on their site an equally long ass time ago? If so than you have a good chance of getting into the beta. Actually, in that case you should have had a good chance to get into the stress test trial, too.

If you liked the stalker games or dayz than you will like this one too. Tarkov plays like what you would expect of a stalker multiplayer: looting, sneaking, hiding, shooting bandits with a rusty AK. Its all there minus mutants and anomalies.

While it is an early access jank, it won't go F2P and there won't be any microtransaction bullshit either. DLCs are planned post release, but those ought to be additional maps.

Yup, it was the promise of "Stalker 2" that originally got me looking at the project.

Does it have like hunger meters and shit? Or just limb damage? I see a lot of different items that aren't guns/armor in these screenshots.

>will most likely be invite only instead
Why even call it open beta, then?

No idea, it shouldn't have left alpha testing imo.

That jank/featureless eh?

You've got hunger and thirst but they don't really come into effect unless your stomach gets hit, at which point you start rapidly losing hydration.

Limb damage works great*. Body armor only projects chest and stomach, no arms means you can hardly aim, no legs means you can hardly walk, things like painkillers and morphine can offset these effects for a few minutes but they'll also fuck with your screen.

Agreed. Also should have been a proper beta test meaning two weeks at max. By now it's just another early access title.

beta is for polish, they're still adding core features of the game, it should be an alpha test.

it is just an a renamed alpha

>at the gas station along the roadway to checkpoint
>spot a usec looting a cache
>pop the fucker and take his 74u
>go to bus station and spot 2 geared players
>follow them towards far extraction
>hear them looting the key spawn
>peak the back door and spray down one guy
>swing around the building and spray down his friend
>extract with 4 decked out weapons--74u, mpx w/ micro transaction Luger CCI ammo, Vepr, OP-SKS--and a Kiver
>mfw

just gotta punish dumb fucks who dont look behind themselves

Have been playimg Shoreline for quite a long time now. I want to start Custom for a bit, obviously fight start out very early and it seems all people is carrying an auto weapon around.

Any advice for new Custom player? I just want to finish my Prapor quest.

Is there any sort of community agreed upon Video Playlist that introduces the game and explains the basics while also being relevant? Everything I find is from Alpha.

Unless you really need to go there avoid the red customs warehouse on the west side and the dorms.

just join discord and play with others. People teach you ropes happily and hand you neccesary equipment (mostly cause all of us have millions laying around)
don't do dorms unless you can get there first.
Factory key is really useful.
Gas station is a dangerous chokepoint.
Everyone has suppressed weapons and full fort armor

honestly now that we have shoreline, customs, the used to be de facto GOAT map is really fucking cramped

Especially because it's shaped like a funnel

And it now has people traveling towards each other from opposite ends of the map whereas before it was a race with a clear starting area and finish line.

To be honest I just went into hiding for the first 10 minutes on customs with the old spawn system and let the other PMCs play CoD with each other. Usually 90% of the loot that spawned on the map to begin with was still there and free for the taking without any risk.

yes, its big areas with buildings and empty areas and shit, connected by gas station.
Only passing areas are: through gas station, over the fence, through back yard which is literally 1 person wide
>factory shortcut

You could probs place a few peeps here there and lock down entire map getting 14 kills

>half the nice shit requires gold chains, SSD's, graphics card like they're semicommon drops
>tfw have never seen graphic card, SSD and only found 4 gold chains
>bit coins and fac keys literally less rare than SSD's and graphic cards

whats best 9x19 round or 9x18
i wanna SHRED forts in closer cqb than factory in a single burst

Look in computers.

Hard drives are also in filing cabinets

>shred armor
>pistol calibre

Not happening, if you're going for headshots any calibre will do. This will only work if you've got the jump on them.

Ok

Computer parts semi-regularly spawn inside filling cabinets. Graphics cards and CPUs are rarer than all other computer parts
Just check out the customs office and the two guard cabins in the yard around it.

To be honest, though, I have not once found a single SSD ever.

Does subsonic ammo act differently than regular ammo when using a suppressor?

>tfw too scared to do anything but steal some scav gear and escape
im not going to make it bros

Kill scav. Acquire VEPR (not the .366 version). Use VEPR. Your VEPR is your LIFE. Grind to Peacekeeper Level 2. Buy PACA vest. Laugh as buckshot bounces off of you. Do quests. Use SKS or customize your vepr/other gun you've found. Unlock later levels of Prapor/Therapist. Trade 2 tool sets (20k rubles) for 1 AK-74n. Profit.

Any trial codes? Interested in purchasing this but want to try it out first.

>there are people THIS retarded in EFT

I'm staying off factory for a while since the last time I went on it took me 30 minutes to just get into a game.

Customs for PVP, Shoreline for loot.

>On the simulation scale of 0 (CoD) to 10 (Arma) Tarkov is probably about a 6~7.

I'd probably say Tarkov is closer to an 8, but that whole scales a little wonky too since I'd say COD would be like a 2-3, Overwatch would be like a 1.

overwatch you actually have to make team comps work, you can't just hur dur around the map and faceroll everytime

Why do you all hoard weapons? The only thing I hoard is forts and gold chains. I have 1 weapon case that I keep filled with Rsass'. I have so much cash and just keep getting more. I haven't looted in anything in 3 runs straight. We are only 2 weeks after the wipe.

I'd still say COD is more simulation since I don't see gorillas with jetpacks jumping around or time travelers, or people shooting kamehamehas in COD

Hoarding shit is fucking hell because you can't BUY the item cases from traders since people are botting the traders to buy them before anyone.

What are item cases at this point? 12k Euros?

Are the bipods currently in the game usable or are they just for show?

Don’t worry. Once you have no space in stash m, you will need to carry everything you have in the last game to start a new one. By then you might even have enough money to buy some gear too.

I don't know guy, I'm new AF, I'm just trying to buy one off fence for 1.4mill and they're gone + any pistol case or wallet is snatched up the instant it hits. Right now I'm hatchet running shoreline for a kiver helmet because fuck skier that sneaky cunt.

>wallet is snatched up the instant it hits

You can just grab wallets off of scavs, they were pretty prolific IIRC

WRONG
prapor is meh, rapist is garbage since the only item you ever, EVER need is IFAK which is sub 60 dollaridingos and painkillers. Even without traders you can EASILY stock up on ifaks from crates. Peacekeeper sells top tier gear, lets you make wads a money from trading garbage into m4's/vests/mp5's
Skier a best cause he sells:
>veprs - the OG murderweapon that kills everything (need prapor lv2 for ammo)
>OP SKS which is literally OP with socom, angled sight and pso
>all the vests you ever need
>pmuch free paca
>all backpacks you ever need
>all attatchments for cheap you ever need, especially the handguards and rails that allow you to easily mount sights and turn any ak from useless garbage to a murder weapon

trader tier list
god tier
>skier
>peacekeeper
gimme that PS tier
>prapor
thanks for buying my dogtags tier
>rapist
why.jpeg tier
>fece

I don't. there's this weapon case that fits multible 10 slot weapons into one slot. I have lots of those and they're goat.
tradables, forts/kivers and if I can't get nothing else, pacas.

Therapist level 3 sells tool kits. Prapor trades AK-74n for two tool kits. 20k for an AK my friend

I'm level 11, I have only seen a wallet in fences inventory.

>he is such a jew he needs to get rapist to lv3 to afford a shit ak
kek.
>prapor lv3
>m4 for 4 autoshotties
>mp5 for 10 knives
know whats better than akn for cheaper? 2 expensive guns for free.

>ak74
>Shit
You are like a little baby.

>Free
You still have to collect the shitty knives/auto shotties when you could be carrying good loot instead. M4 is the brainlet gun of this game. AK-74N with the new buttstock+rubber pad is even better than M4 in terms of recoil.

ak74 is shit compared to 47.
M4 is disminishing return the gun.
And an autist shotty and 3 hunting knives a round takes no space.

>47
What did he mean by this?

The devs REALLY need to make it so that silencers function properly. Right now everyone just uses 60 round mags of AP ammo with suppressors and its just as quiet as they would be if they were using subsonic, its crazy.

I heard theres some 7 day trial shit going on?
Any chance one could get a key from yall nice fellows?

check scav pockets. I got 5 wallets and I'm only lvl 18.

I dont hoard because I got poor man version. I got 9 ak's in my ICase. people still don't go into raids with armor or anything and I kill them good every time.

please respond

>mfw eftg is back

WEW

so after the dog tags, playing through a few wips, and introduction of omegaloot like bitcoins this game is too casual. I just buy blackrocks and fill every empty space minus my backpack with grenades and toss them at spawn points or premades and instantly win every fight without trying.

Either grenades straight up kill, disorient, or forced re positioning and you instantly win. Why aren't you buying grenades.

I managed to grab my first name as my username in this a few months ago, hopefully it doesn't get lost when they leave beta or something

It feels like you need to be there the second a wipe happens since it asks you to enter your name every time. Seems like its really easy to steal someones name.

>tfw you have a word as your username
feelsbad

Every time I've come back after wipes I still have it, I think it might be reserved now, I bought the 130 dollar pack last March or something, and I think that was one of the perks?

you guys are alright... don't que customs for the next 20 minutes.

>BF4 Locker flashbacks.

I started with standard a week ago but couldn't resist upgrading to the full retard EoD version with the sale on.
Gamma case makes almost every run worthwhile without sacrificing medkits or other essentials.
The extra stash space is so easy to fill up with my hoarder ass even though im still a total noob dying most of the time.
But the dlc pass is what sealed the deal in the end.
Havent touched the extra gear since ill lose it in seconds. Funny how the end game stuff is the least appealing whereas it would be the main selling point in other games.

Can you upgrade the cases in-game?

You can buy the 2x3 secure case from one of the traders at lvl 2-3. And i heard later on they will let people acquire the 3x3 secure case in game.
During beta you can only get the 3x3 if some dude sells it to Fence.

How will release differ from beta?

you get epsilon 2x4 case after completing prapors punisher questline I believe

actual campaign and actual features

the "final version" is so vague right now only Nikita knows how tarkov is going to end up on completion. These guys are shit at communicating. The only reason this game is good is because its good as is so all this work towards completion is basically extra stuff.

Yea whats with the planned outline. One day i read its supposed to be a progression of survival deeper into/out of tarkov, map by map... then i read its a giant borderless map... then i read that the borderless map is separate from the others.

Other than that, a lot of exciting stuff is surely coming soon. Like lockpicking doors or opening them without that telegraphed rooted animation.

>And i heard later on they will let people acquire the 3x3 secure case in game.

I heard they reneged on that possibility because the gamma case was supposed to be something for only the people who got EOD.

But they let everyone have an epsilon container which in some cases is even better than the gamma because of its shape allowing you to take more weapons in the container in or out of raids.

>tfw they make opening doors and locks dynamic like running as in it cancels the action so you aren't locked in animation
>tfw if you stop in the middle of unlocking a door it leaves the key in the whole even if the key is in your secured container
>tfw keys are going to be soon obsolete with confirmed hatchets being able to break open doors and lockpicking with multitool

the future is hardcore. its just going to be more features that aren't explained or don't have a description.