/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132429
youtube.com/watch?v=ugoEirA2nO0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone?
I'll learn some combos on my own, just give me some strings I can practice against by some other characters with good frame trap strings.

xth for lewd tekken

tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132429

Character guide thread on tz for anyone interested it's where I normally go

i legitimately don't have any reaction images strong enough to convey how fucking angry am I right this second

tekken is the only game that makes me want to fucking smash things

git gud

How do i know if im getting better?
Losing streaks are demoralizing

I don't understand how people can play wavedash characters that shit is so hard in a real match

i nearly got demoted back to fucking green ranks, clutched out the game and then turned it off fuck that

time to cool off

Yoshimitsu barely even has strings.

Steve literally cannot use his fucking legs

>used to be stuck at GM
>spent a week or so where I would hit Brawler then demote back to GM
>Finally hit Marauder about two weeks ago for the first time though I would only last in that rank for a bit before dropping back to Brawler
>Now stable in Marauder and almost hit fighter a day or two ago
Man it feels good to see steady improvement. At this rate I might be decent at the game in a few more months. Might not embarrass myself too bad if I go to combo breaker/CEO after all.

>penalty for game crash
How the fuck do I stop the 3D3 crash?

>tfw only play girls
>like lars and feng's movesets but hate how theyre both on butt ugly men
Help
Feng wouldnt be too terrible if he was at least handsome like miguel or shaheen, but he looks like an actual monkey

I have the same problem as you, friend. Even with the same character, I'm a Feng main now. Just give him the tank top, the leather pants, and some sunglasses. He looks like a beefy triad guy, and the sunglasses manage to hide a lot more than you would think.

im the absolute, Josie looks like my ideal character but im not playing some tiny crying bitch, not nearly as satisfying

wheres bruce

the opposite*

how do i break the move when someone takes me to the ground and starts jabbing me?

you can 1+2 it to break it as soon as you grab you, or if they have already grabbed you you need to guess 1 or 2 to break whatever jabs they are using

My Jin is fighter now, better watch out soyboys, the Kazama bloodline is staying

You can also reverse the tackle by pressing 1+2 as your back hits the ground, where your character ends on top. Some characters can do grapples when they're on top of you but I don't know how to break those honestly

thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=ugoEirA2nO0 this hwo player styled and taunted on kkokkoma's drag the first three games straight what a monster

Why does Miguel have an unreactable half screen sweep that combos

>25 frame start up
>unreactable

If I start playing ling does that make me a bitch?

post millia blocker

>Tonight in ranked
>Miguel
>Josie
>Whorerang
>2 Bears

Im done

>tonight in ranked
>shaheen
>shaheen
>bryan
>shaheen

nothing to do with TEKKEN

>Hopkicks you from half screen
>Slides you from across the screen

Allahu Akbar my friend

How do I play jin

watch the 1h long blasted salami tutorial then drop him because you realize wavedashing is way too difficult

Fuck Shaheen, I don't know why this dude gets a pass when others do not. His hopkick is all sorts of fucked up and as a matter of fact it's not only his hopkick, this sandnigger has crazy range in all of his moves. Plus le ebin slide of course.

Bryan really pisses me off holy shit I'm not rematching this character ever.

>wavedashing
>difficult
wat
you can do pretty much whatever you want, he's that good. staying in your opponent's face and then counterhitting them with uf2 or b3 is simple enough but that's only scratching the surface of what the edgelord can do

>try to side step
>get crouch instead and get launched

if you crouch then you held the button for too long
you also can't step into the foreground if you're in FC either manually or after a move

The thing I find most annoying about Shaheen besides slide and his stupid good hopkick is that all his combos end with him surfing on you any animation is so long it really gets under your skin. Shaheen makes you really aware that you fucked up.

>converts into full combo from any stray hit
heh, لا شيء طفل شخصي....

So, I visited family for the holidays, and they had the new Tekken. Saw my boy Lei was missing, so I thought I'd play through some story modes to unlock him. Relative had played some, but not much? Think it was Chapter 9 or something.

To my surprise, fucking Akuma is there. A fucking SF character in my admittedly now-impure Tekken. In the STORY mode. And I was required to play as this Street Filther. And he can't even be assed to conform to Tekken button conventions.

I guess some sort of auto combo setting was on because he was super mashable. But Heihachi had something like 2-3 seconds of invincibility frames.

But then I played as Hei, and couldn't do any Demon Shout strings? Kept getting easy as fuck TGFs?
Then I had to play as Akuma again.

Turns out Lei isn't even in this, and Final Fantasy Haircut is a DLC character?

Can someone redpill me on what the fuck happened to my series? Outside of playing TTT2 long enough to realize Dr B was a pale imitation.

are you autistic by any chance?

whered you find this i wanna read the replies

Not particularly? Maybe.
In T3 my mains were Yoshi, Hei, Lei, and the good Doctor, who was the best of all 3 world's.
I meant to say I haven't played since T5, outside of playing TTT2 long enough to learn that the new doc was a pale imitation.

I've changed my mind, I'm gonna give her a shot since she seems so damn fun

Rate my Bruce

how do i start learning a character?

i normally just try their combos and if i can't do them good i drop them

Just got promoted, CAN WE MAKE IT TO VANQUISHER?

>go through their move list and do everything once
>check out a bnb combo video/list
>do all the bnb combos or at least the basic ones
>check out their top 15 moves on that handy list
>snoop at some frame data
>go play

that's basically me too
first thing I do is look at their combos
if they're too hard I don't bother

no

jugg is the hardest rank to level up from, I can't get any higher

I wish my Shaheen gave people this much trouble. People just turtle and I have to pray the get impatient enough so I can punish.

Ever since Aris started playing Geese he's not been fun to watch

>Lucky Chloe

FUCK. I've been maining her since I got back into the game, fight stick and all, and I just can't properly git gud with her.

I agree with TMM on Eddy's rage art visually lacking oomph and energy.

Lars is beautiful how dare you

I've been playing chloe and on pad since release. She really conditioned me to play fundamentally and not just throw her U+3 anytime you want. It also help to be decent at instant running 3 on her, because then the fun mixup game you can play with your opponent.

>go up against destroyer hwo
>Impatient to play an actual good non unga hwo player
>still has the same flowcharty habits of spamming firecracker at round start and peacekeeper at mid distance
>just ungas less so easier to keep up with his offense
I guess getting fucked up by the spamming whos in greens and low yellows is good practice?

JUST SLIDE THEIR SHIT, RETARD

Damn, I just gotta keep at it then. Been thinking about switching to Mishima but I should probably just try my best to master the 1 character first.

can't wait for monster hunter to come out so I can uninstall this trash game

That's the ultimate tackle. You reverse it by pressing 1+2 before hitting the floor.
If you hit the floor, then you need to press the button of the opposite punch that they're going to do.
This means 1 breaks you free if they press 2, and 2 breaks you free if they press 1.
This works for both the first and the last punch so if you see them spamming only one punch press the opposite one

>back dash two times
>slide becomes obvious

>finally doing iWS4 consistently with Drag
Man this sucks as a punisher but as a mid poke it's awesome. It also looks gangsta as fuck and picking up WR2 CH with it makes you feel like JDCR

Today I had milk and biscuits for breakfast

You don't backdash bro, you crouch in their faces. Make them respek your mixups

should i learn katarina, i like her voice and she's hot

>tfw spent last weekend trying to learn how to deal with eddy's relax as eliza
>already forgot what I found

I think I'm dying.

her best low is a generic d4
if that doesn't deter you go ahead

She isn't that great. I played her for a bit. You can make it work in blues and greens maybe but I don't know how you'd play at a higher level with her.

>Opponent does -13 move
>Press 1 button to do Jins rage art and punish it

Heh, Buzama da na kid...

So EWGFx2 df1,4 b32 dash df14 is a cool Kazuyer combo that I stole from the chiwanese pros. Are there any more cool combos with microdashes involved for him that give good damage/carry? Not only electrics btw, any launcher

If there are no walls nearby, do EWGF instead of the last df14 to get really good oki

i feel the same, i just keep hitting a big ass wall at juggernaut

So Josie can just force a mixup on you whenever she wants?

Cool

Literally every character can force a mixup on you. That's how the game is played dumbass

Josie's df4 is literally stronger than dragunovs running 2

>opponent does 15 frame startup hopkick
>press one button to rage art armor through it and punish it

heh, speed and weight, kid...

kek

>read this message
>oh he must be talking about that mid kick that's plus a million on block, I'm going to check the frame data on that
>this comes up
what THE FUCK IS THIS? What's the fastest move out of switch? I hope it's not faster than 20f because Jesus CHRIST plus ELEVEN mid and i14, either there's a catch to this and I'm missing it or I'm going to be really fucking mad if I see another Josie main complaining about the character having no mids.

SWS1 is a true frametrap. Trying to sidestep will get you hit, and pressing any buttons ( ANY at all, even dickjab ) will get you CH.

It launches on CH by the way

>vanquisher puts everyone at fighter
>genbu puts everyone at warrior
explain this

You gained rank because you understood the game better, and not because you abused something cheap right user?

I don't follow your meaning

Ask Harada, there's no logic to it. The idea itself is sound but who the fuck is going to get to genbu and be unable to play other characters at a higher level than warrior?

how do i hit asuka's 2,1,1+2 after f,f,2,3

Put Anna in Tekken 7.

>josie needs buffs

Different user. Can you mash the running tackle break like chain throws? I can’t seem to time the break or the reversal with a single 1+2 input.

At this point I’m not even sure Anna could be a Nina palette swap.

I don't think she's been that in a while

thats the thing, yellow rank is literally filled with genbu sharks

shit is wild, green is not even comparable

She doesn't play like Nina at all

Well actually, I shouldn't say "at all", but she's no clone

Do ff2,3 1 2,1,1+2

I’m aware. What Im saying is I get the feeling it is very unlikely she’ll be in the game in any form. Not even as a palette swap like Lee and Violet.

Josie is a fucking nightmare. Lots of great lows and one of the dumbest guessing game mixups in the game.

>he doesn't know how to low parry

Dont all of her options out of SWS launch on CH except for the mid kick?

Is there a fuzzy guard option that I'm not aware of?