What computer program you would pay serious amount of money to have?

What computer program you would pay serious amount of money to have?
What software would actually be useful for you?

windows

>paying for software

Software that automatically downloads all the wallets you need and automatically upgrade them on your desktop for all available crypto currencies. Like POSW except not online.

This is Veeky Forums and IT is business.

How much would you pay for such application and how wou;d you like it to work?
Select wallets that interest you and download, install and update them?

For poker something that allows me to multitable seemlessly on all rooms.

software that makes me invincibly healthy

You mean online poker rooms? How do you see it being seamless? One application window with multiple tabs for different rooms? How much would you invest for such application?

Would an exercise program generator along with diet guide and things similar be something that you need? There's no possibility for software to affect health directly, you'd need some sort of biomedical devices for that.

>developing low barrier to entry consumer sw

What a fucking waste. We sell a software productivity tool that works once a season for 5-10k. Find a deep market in which you have domain specific insights into the problem / solution.

Yes online poker rooms, some rooms have better hotkeys and multitabling tools than others.

none.

i'm going away from proprietary software. even live in a third world shithole and all my life have pirated every program i needed, i have embraced the freedom.

>hurr hurr open source isn't free beer
>durr durr red hat

there are alternatives.

you need to think deeper than "exercise and diet program"

any dinky little app you make is either already been done or is gonna get no attention.

whatever software you develop you are going to need investor funding, unless you are independently wealthy, at least to fund marketing/customer acquisition , unless you think your going to win the app lottery.

no.

think about simulation of the individuals body
and gene and cell manipulation using nano technology .
think about partnering with real undergraduates and poorly paid , yet passionate college professors , who have connections to cheap labor and angel funding.

coding an app is a meme.
what you really need to build any competitive multinational corporation from the ground up is fund raising .

deeply investigate into to google , paypal, microsoft , facebook , snap chat founders for tips and tricks on fund raising

none, there are open source packages addressing your every need possible
internet runs on linux not because it's cheap but because it werks better

>How much would you pay for such application and how wou;d you like it to work?
>Select wallets that interest you and download, install and update them?

Yes. Do an ICO.

The force is stong in this one.

not really, I'm actually shilling IBM enterprise solutions to clients and partners but much less so than I used to in the previous decade
I can't honestly think of a single piece of proprietary software that beats solutions based on existing open source components
again, proper solutions cost real money regardless of the proprietary/open source software they are beased on, as does their maintenance

I run gnu/linux on my main work machine. I have no regrets.

What you wrote is not interesting to me at all, I was asking something else.
I don't need advice, I want to know what kind of software would you need to the point of actually buying it.

I don't need another free vs proprietary kind of discussion, this is something I'm very well aware of. What I'm interested, and why I made a thread on Veeky Forums because I'd like to know what software would be useful for you to the point you'd buy it. In other words, what do you need?

Interesting if you really mean what you say and you dont write it in a light sense

i know that feel

something that breaks AES, a phone that's secure from the backbone, a version of alexa that doesn't spy on me, something that does machine learning that even normies can use,

There are like a billion IT problems to solve.

Stop trying to think of the next "lol I'll just have the idea" app and do real work. Then two years later a big company will flat out buy you and you'll be able to work on the next real project with a team you own.

>something that breaks AES
Maybe possible but very unlikely since all the big brains from NSA came up with it.

>a phone that's secure from the backbone
That's not possible at the moment by using GSM,your location always has to be known in this type of network. Inventing new, secure cellular networks is not only software, so out of my interest now.

>a version of alexa that doesn't spy on me
Honestly, you would pay for this? How would you base your trust that it does not spy on you. Assuming it's proprietary, this is almost impossible to verify.

>omething that does machine learning that even normies can use
WEKA, it's free, I don't see a business opportunity here.

>Stop trying to think of the next "lol I'll just have the idea" app and do real work.
I'm not trying to think out the next app idea, I'm asking what _you_ need. This is different. I didn't even write that I will implement any of them. Real work requires knowledge what are the requirements for potential users (that are also clients). How else would I go about real work?

So far in this thread and it seems that there's just nothing you need in software form, but then why even post? I'm only interested in concepts that are desired by Veeky Forums users, not the talk about that everything has been done and I shouldn't do anything. I imagined that someone doing business would have some specific needs.

hookers and blow program

One that I press a button and it makes me rich

>something that breaks AES

I have a piece of code that I wrote which will break AES-256 under a very specific set of circumstances. How much will you pay?

If you really had a useful piece of code that does that, you wouldn't be asking me, but you'd write to some company like Zerodium.

Whoops, sorry, I thought your post was directed to me. Ignore my reply.

Not true at all. It is a well known attack. Google "CBC padding oracle attacks".

I'll reply anyway - Since the method of this attack is already known, then very likely there's also an implementation of it available freely somewhere. Why do you think that your piece of code is worth anything if you didn't design the method and it's freely available anyway?

You never know. Some idiot might actually give me some bitcoin for it.

I see, so that's why. Well, maybe you improved this method, so it may actually be worth a bitcoin.

UK

software that scrapes gumtree and cross references cars for sale against book values, highlighting highest potential profit margins for flipping.

If i could buy one car per day for the right price i would be a millionaire within 2 years.

I don't think I improved the algorithm. But I did actually sit down and write C++ code to implement the shit out of it.

>I can't honestly think of a single piece of proprietary software that beats solutions based on existing open source components
Tableau alternatives, please? Would love to ditch that shit.