/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous Timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- BBCF 2.0 now out in arcades, consoles and PC featuring Jubei and a large amount of balance changes.
- BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (feat. P4A, UNIB and RWBY) coming in 2018 to PS4, Switch and PC.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are also available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BlazBlue Character Selector
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
-Discord Links
pastebin.com/UM1rb5SJ
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-Blazblue Central Fiction Beginner's Tutorial: Beginner Characters and Where to Start
youtube.com/watch?v=mAnBUUjDSxk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=05PCmqjIeNE
youtu.be/pGswBPC1uGM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

play the rube

Play Weiss

play weiss

character selector still broken

It's not needed anyway. Everyone should play Jin.

>tfw have contiuum shift
>got central fiction yesterday
>don't know if I wanna buy chrono phantasma just for the story
I feel kinda dirty just watching cutscenes on youtube, but then again I don't wanna pay 6 bucks to play an outdated fighting game for the story and then never touch it again...

AYY YO HOL UP
*spams ice projectiles*
YOU BE SAYIN
*Does a stupid amount of damage*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*places an annoying obstacles on screen that blocks projectiles*
YOU BE SAYINNNNNNN
*Activates OD and makes every attack bullshit*
WE WUZ THE NOL AND SHITTTTTTTTTT

I just saw it as paying for the god tier soundtrack that I downloaded

There's something I can't figure out.

I can't figure out why Mai is so perfect, /blaz/.

Amazing personality and appearance. Also skilled and from a good family.

Her outfit is cool too. She looks naked, but isn't, basically.

Her outfit is horrible wtf. She looks retarded.

abuuuuuuu

>BBTAG

weiss

is nice

Best damn girl makoto a best
Ah mai two i guess

I love Luna!

How do I make sense of the Blazblue story? Is it worth figuring out? Do you have to play though each game and read all the comics?

I too wish to lose all over Megumin's face

Don't lewd the Rube.

Yeah read all the Fanfiction too it counts.

I'd also like a serious answer to this

If you're lazy, then no.
If you're into deep lore, then start with CSE since it has a recap of CT (Or just buy CT if you're feeling generous) then CPE then CF

I thought I had a good grasp of the story in CT/CS: Timeloops and how some have the ability to change/remember other timelines. Until I recently finished CP, and started a little bit of CF. Jesus Christ the story quickly became a clusterfuck. It's still an entertaining ride, at least.

I haven't read any of the comics so I can't help you there, but Chrono Phantasma has a nice bite size summary of the first 2 games if you don't feel like going through them.

I hope this helps somewhat, I'm just trying to get back into Blazblue after not playing it in a long time.

You have to play it several times to really understand everything because of the awful fragmented way the plot is presented in the single player

Lewding the Rube is essential

h-how is she being penetrated

You only need to play through all the games. It really, really is not that hard to understand if you just pay attention.

Weiss is just humping her. Girls don't have penises

Anyone want to play on PC?

Well I have a console lobby up instead. Pass is vidya

that is a cute smug weiss

I want Mai to admire me like Taro.

I don't think you can really say you've lived until you have had a geat girl look at you and have all the spaghetti come out of her pockets when you come around

Lobby is closed.
Me on the right. She better be ok.

Summoned a frost cock now theyre sharing.

Oh shi-

I didn't even notice this.

Stay up, playa. youtube.com/watch?v=05PCmqjIeNE

If you play through the story modes of the games then you ought to be able to understand the story. What had made it difficult to follow it was that a lot of stuff were left as mysteries until the final game. Playing through all of them ought to let you understand it.

The Remix Heart and Variable Heart manga as well as the Phase Shift and Spiral Shift novels focus more on characters other than Ragna, but they do provide more information about the setting and characters who appear in the games. You don't have to read them to understand Ragna's story but I would suggest that you do so.

is there a suggested order to read/play/watch all the media in? I was just gonna play the games first, and then the anime and save the manga for last

To follow Ragna's story what you need is Continuum Shift Extend, Chrono Phantasma Extend and Central Fiction. You can also play through Calamity Trigger's story mode, though Continuum Shift Extend contains an extensive story section that goes over the same events.

You can read Remix Heart, Variable Heart and Phase Shift after playing Continuum Shift. The anime is just a bad rehash of the story of the first 2 games, so there's no need to watch it. Trying to understand the BB story by watching the anime would only confuse you and what's in it is covered by the games anyway.

interesting, thanks for filling me in! a shame the anime is bad

I liked the anime enough that it got me into Blazblue in the first place

Before I was a Maifag, I was a Noelfag.

REVIVE

The worst thing about the anime is that it got the character interactions right. It couldn't tell a story properly and the animation was shit, but those parts were great. Fucking Bang was tolerable for once.

>The worst thing about the anime is that it got the character interactions right.
why is that the worst thing?

It shows that whoever was responsible wasn't completely irredeemable. It could have been better. But it simply wasn't.

damn man, I wish at least one of my favorite fightan games had a really good anime or comic adaptation

Just got into the game and Mai is definitely my main. Many of the other characters I just found weird to play as for some reason.

You should get off that train. She's going to drag you down.

To be fair the storymode is so long that 6 bucks is not really much.

That's fine, but just remember that Mai won't teach you how to actually play blazblue and maybe even give you bad habits for other characters.
Play her if you plan on sticking with her and nothing else.

youtu.be/pGswBPC1uGM

but I didn't, it's just a cute dress

>Bang and Litchi go on a family vacation with their sons Yosuke and Seth. Grandpa Valkenhayn tags along for extra hilarity
>Jin teaching Weiss how to drive. She has a stupidly hard time learning and nearly kills them several times
>Ragna owns a burger joint as a parody of Bob's Burgers. He's forced to put up with his wife and kids' bullshit especially Ruby
>Taokaka and Blake try catnip for the first time and get high as fuck. They're running around outside chasing invisible balls of yarn and nearly get run over by Weiss. Blake tries to feed a fish to a tree and Tao's laughing at a street light.

The gag reels for this game have so much potential. Fuck it just make the whole story one big gag reel.

Go for it. Play the character that you enjoy the most.

Everytime when I think of Gag Reels for CTB 2 ideas come to mind.

One being a battle of the bands thing, with that one band from that one Terumi gag reel, Team RWBY's band from Chibi, the Investigation Team with Rise like in Golden and the Under Night crew struggles to put a band together.

The other one being a gag reel where every protagnist swaps lives, like that one episode of Spongebob where Plankton and Krabs swap places.

good morning

>The other one being a gag reel where every protagnist swaps lives, like that one episode of Spongebob where Plankton and Krabs swap places.
Anyone who gets Ragna's life is gonna have a bad time.

>that video name
I am not clicking this

F

It bothers me that the zoomed in chibi ruby is in the wrong side as if the image is mirrored from the rest.

I'm probably autistic.

>heard that blazblue general had daily lobbies months ago
>buy the game this steam sale because why not
>thread is just retarded waifufags with babytalk and offtopic trash like rwby
damn, back to guilty gear

if you are still here fishing for replies, weissfag hosts pretty often.

Not sure how busy or how competitive they are considering i am either at work or asleep because i am a wageslave, but they do exist.

they are pretty helpful if you have questions, i think they just shitpost to keep the thread alive.

She’s going to be ok, she has to be. My heart will shatter if she isn’t. I posted yesterday that I was sure she’d be fine but now I’m a nervous wreck thinking about it today. I’m gonna be a total mess Saturday.

I hope she dies, in fact i will what that shit to spoil everything here so you fags can fuck off

GOOBERS BTFO

the anxiety is real my friend

stay strong weiss

>Heard that Rev 2 was extremely hyped up and a lot of people would be playing it
>Buy it on release
>Barely anyone played and when they did they either played Ky or Baiken
>go to any GG thread or /FGG/
>They all just talk about how it's totally active and how much they wanna fuck Baiken or Elphelt and start wars with other fighting game series
damn,back to Blazblue with freinds

What would Taokaka's farts smell like? Probably really meaty and raw from all the meat buns she's been eating right?

F

pump

>ruby's voice isn't auditory aids

Kajun, please deliver us unto the kingdom of quality posting

I have faith in science.

Post more cute Roob dude

Sexy Mai.

/fgg/ hates gg tho

Is that Hyakuhachi?

How's the witness protection program treating you? Do they provide enough soymilk? What does the FBI think when they see Lambda soypics?

from the actual leaker

Did he get swatted by /blaz/ for posting this?

yes

>Mitsuru
>Aigis
>Taokaka
>Litchi

Damn, Hyaku draws some sexy af Tar-tar

>Aigis
>Not Labrys
Fucking shit.

As the person who originally posted that dumb fake leak on /v/ should I feel bad that everyone belived me or happy that I caused this much chaos.

Hm. Not buying it, I could believe most of those, but Litchi? I mean, I like Litchi don't get me wrong, but when was the last time Litchi was popular or even had any plot relevance? That and if Litchi gets in, Arakune is likely to follow. I'm also skeptical about Tao but I could see her getting in. Blazblue has typically been pretty fond of keeping the roster at a 50/50 ratio when they can, but I highly doubt tao and litchi would both get in before say, Tsubaki, or Hakumen. Or heck, even Mai.

Lobby is up. Pass is vidya

azrael is in. Logic doesn't mean shit anymore

Azrael is at least very fitting for the setting, and I always assumed he was popular but he didn't make the top 10? so who knows.

Every pick after Noel was “weird” for BB, who expected Azrael of Es before Tsubaki and Hakumen? Who expected them at all?
It seems like we’re going to have a big BB roster, I honestly think only a few WON’T make it in.

>carlkune will be a team
please no...

I mean all things considered, Makoto is basically a mascot at this point, Tager and Nu are both incredibly iconic for the series so those two were getting in regardless, Es? Yeah I'll give you that I don't think anybody saw that coming. I think the only particularly odd/unexpected ones were Azrael being announced so early, and Es being announced at all (but then again, the person who designed Es is doing the character artwork for CrossTag and Es is a fan favorite according to the poll)

I definitely think it'd be easier to theorycraft who gets in if we had any idea of the approximate roster size. I'm still sticking to my initial guns of "Blazblue gets 12-14 ideally"