/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC.
UPDATE: "Aiming" for a PC release Autumn 2018
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World - PSX 2017: Third Fleet Trailer | PS4
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World - Rotten Vale Trailer
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset differences: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8RIaU9kpA8Q
youtu.be/64ql8jQBgsw
youtube.com/watch?v=D18ge1ZyGyw
strawpoll.me/14757825
strawpoll.me/14758612
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

9 months, thanks for buying the beta PSplebs

Second for SnS

oops I fucked up the embedded videos
third fleet: youtu.be/8RIaU9kpA8Q
rotten vale: youtu.be/64ql8jQBgsw

youtube.com/watch?v=D18ge1ZyGyw

Is there any hope Capcom will either go back to making real MH or have two "MH series" running simultaneously?

I mean it's nice that some people are content with MHW, but for those of us who aren't Uncharted-playing, Gamestop-visiting and mouthbreathing casual retards, where is our new MH? A proper MH that isn't westernized to appeal to a wider audience.

Speaking of which, name a single time a franchise has improved when the makers said they want to broaden their audience and reach more people.
Exactly, never. And it won't be any different this time around. Sure redditors, casuals and newshits who just want to see a visual spectacle and look at cool monsters will buy the game, but will they double dip enough to give it the 7m+ sales it needs to make Capcom happy given the vastly bigger budget MHW had in comparison to previous titles?

that dogo sure is looking friendly

Huntress post

What's the OP information when we want to create a new thread? We had newthreadwhen but that pastebin is gone it seems.

>"Aiming"

Oh boy.

>PCfats

PPSSPP takes no setup beyond installation, but 3U is better than P3rd.

The key games to hit are FU, 3U, and depending on who you ask either 4U, Gen, or XX.

It's time

strawpoll.me/14757825

>this idiot again
I gave you walls of text about why you are wrong last thread. That said, you're still a shitter, so what does it matter to you if World indeed ends up being XX/P3rd tier easy?

I usually just copy paste from the last thread and edit things that need to be edited
of course this time i forgot i have auto embed so it messed up the trailers

Nice head canon but I didn't talk to anyone last thread

Nice poll.

I think the Western audience has the potential to compensate for and even surpass the lack in Japanese sales

but it won't

that 9 month wait is going to kill me
I already have a ps4 so I might double dip, or I might resign myself to be a dirty pirate when it comes out

>and eventually PC.

While I agree with you, MHW is still a monster hunter game at heart and I've been playing since F1.
If you are a mh fan, you would be buying the game, otherwise, you can just stick to FU/4U.
And if MHW fails, they'll just go back to making portable MH, so it's a win-win either way for mh fans.

when in doubt, double dip

strawpoll.me/14758612

for me it will be a bit of a loss if we never get another portable MH game but I will buy World on PC

>surpass the lack in Japanese sales
Is there a source for this? Honest question. I get the feeling most people are buying this from the psstore for the preload and day 0 start.

Do they really expect me to buy a brand new television, console, the game, and an online subscription to play the game? Capcom is out of their minds.

Was Ryozo talking in a western context when he said Autumn 2018 or his local Japanese locale? Because that changes things a lot.

Not worried about casual
Am worried about AAA

Yes, it has to be a 4K curved UHD smart TV

>Westernization

People like you should be put down

Buddy, MH is a yearly AAA franchise

kys

XXshitters talking about casualization has me in stitches

I mean, you can call it whatever you wish...
>westernization
>casualization
>dumbing it down
>making it more "accessible" (we all know what that means!)
>reaching out for a broader audience
>reducing entry difficulty
>etc.

In the end, it's all the same.

Previous MH have been niche

Nah there isn't any hope left kiddo. Its time to move on and never come back to this general my dude.

Live in denial

Next year there will be another AAA MH title
And the year after
And the year after that
And the year after after that

Salt by any other name...

>Japs caring about PC
Obviously he meant a world wide release like the console version

niche != unpopular

I'm taking this post means you think he was talking for a western audience.

Can't wait to see who's going to be the most name dropped hunters in MHWorld.

There won't be a PC version in japan.

Do you guys think that in the west MHW will still be more niche than Souls games ala Bloodborne
If yes, how is MHW supposed to do more than the ~2m or so Bloodborne did in the west?

Japan only has ps4 release for mhw so what do you think?

>tfw they actually cucked me into buying a PS4
god fucking damn it
at least I'll finally play bloodborne

Scratch that i just got what he meant. Looks llike PCfags are left in the dark again until an actual release date is announced

Couldn't care less about sales. I want world to sell enough that they keep making HD games instead of handheldshit, but not so much this thread becomes flooded with undesirables. You can blacklist them ingame, but they can shit up /mhg/ something fierce

I don't really mind the 9+ months wait, I'm used to it thanks to R*'s incredibly late PC releases.

MH3U on cemu will keep me busy until then.

If MonHunW is coming to Steam, doesn't that mean it's effectively released on PC worldwide? I know tons of ricemunchers that play on steam. It's not hard to fool steam's location and any nips who want it on PC will have it

>w-w-westernized
You legitimately don't deserve to use internet

P C
C

muh 144hz

It's pretty obvious that they want to cater to the people who never liked MH int he first place or couldn't get into because X reasons.
They said it themselves and don't even try to hide it.

So you're saying the ideal MH game would be
>the visuals etc. of MHW
>but the gameplay and content of say 4U
I agree

You can do that but officially it would still be considered a non jp pc release.

Pretty much, though I am reserving judgement for MHW's gameplay until I've spent sufficient time with it. From what I've played in the beta I liked it. If HR and G-Rank up the difficulty I am content.

Not worried about the player base
Am worried about the changes

wait are there actually people who are unironically going to wait at least 9 months to play world

>ps4 will have max 25 fps
>pc has no limit because it's not a shitty console
>"b-b-but I get to play it 8 months early!" they say as tears falls down their cheeks realizing that they will be completely irrelevant in a few months
>mass exodus of PS4 players will switch to PC because it's better in every way conceivable, and they won't look back

Console absolutely BTFO.

No I don't have numbers I'm going on my understanding of how they consume the game (in Japan) so I could always be wrong

I feel like for years it thrived (in Japan) even without online support from Freedom through 3U because of local multiplayer and portability, to have that option for local coop play 100% off the table and to now be resigned to only being able to play it in your house raises questions on how the Japanese will receive it for me

every game western hunters would BEG Capcom for online multiplayer because our gaming culture had been moving away from "local gaming" and most people couldn't experience the full potential of MH because they had no one else to play with, and I was one of those people begging for it for years and so happy when we finally got it with 4U

So now instead of a game with both local and online multiplayer to cater to how different audiences play MH we have online only. I can't say this will be a problem because I'm just a roundeye gaijin that lives in America so the sales will have the final say

paizuri

wait are there actually people who are unironically going to play fucking casual hunter world

M O M M Y

God I fucking hate 4Ubabies. The content of 4U was shit.
>lmao lets have 75% of the roster be 1st and 2nd gen shit without updating them enough to make them enjoyable to fight! Oh and lets literally have almost no end-game quests for the 4th gen monsters that are actually fun to fight!

Fuck off /v/ this is an actually good general

>max 25fps

???

Mezeporta Reclamation any good?

>tfw you will be getting world on release and enjoying it together with /mhg/
Gonna feel good to see crossboarding normalfag scum drowned out by actual game discussion and rooms.

PCgods will turn the turd that is MHW into an actually worthwhile game, too.

>mod in G rank
>mod in normal healing
>mod out scout flies
>mod the monsters to do more damage and have more health as well as speed up their animations and actions slightly

PCMHW will be the only version even worth playing, since it will deturdify this casual zombie MH game.

You forgot the most important part
>mod handler's face to anything else
And
>mod in paid cosmetics that console cucks will pay money for

Try modding in a better release date.

Also the only mods you will get are nude mods at best stop kidding yourself.

>mod in G rank
PC port will come later than grank.

This. See you at the 26.

THIS SHIT GOES HARD

Just like every sequel of every game ever made.
Just like 3 was "casualized" after 2G
Just like 4 was "casualized" after 3G
Just like XX was actually casualized after 4G
You can twist it in your head however you want, especially considering that it's blatantly obvious that you've never been in a creative process in your life yourself, in reality what their words mean is that they want to go AAA, trim the bullshit down while maintaining the balance between making sure that more people can pick the game up and simultaneously preserve the core appeal, and they're doing exactly that. You should be grateful that you don't have to squint at a 800x240 screen anymore.

Too bad MHW has no gqs or max deviants or anything like that
Too bad the core gameplay was changed to be more casual

fuck off, samefag

wow an mspaint chart he got us

Pretty sure most nips have a ps4 anyways so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Catshit posters, everyone

>He forgot about Xbox
Understandable, user. Stuff like this is to be expected of people like you.

Lol, see you jan 23rd

Not that guy but xbox is irrelevant. Anyone in the west who wants the game will get it on ps4 or pc. Xbox has no previous mh fanbase, and since there's no crossplay, it will be the most dead platform since no one is stupid enough to get it on a platform that has no crossplay and never had a mh fanbase.

literally press F to pay respects to PCucks. spoiled for every single monster and stuck watching gaijin "after every hunt i punch her in the cunt" hunter for 8 months

All the newblood Chads will play it on xbox.

b-but muh mods...

Well I take it back, the xbox will be good for one thing, containment. And then they'll drop the game before HR anyways.

>8 months
HAHAHAHAHA you niggas didnt listen

at LEAST 8 months lmao

Playing generations and trying to get from HR 6 and get through HR 7 if anyone wants to help.
Hub ID: 05-3559-3522-6295

Monster Hunter has always been casual.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAIR

I get both, sorry sweetie

>8 months of 25 fps max
>while PC will get through more frames in the first month than PS4 will in a year
>assuming running game 24/7
>PC masterrace at 4,541,184,000 vs 788,400,000 shit plebe consoletard total frames

then you're not a PCuck, you retard

Tell me how solo 140 gqs are casual

>the mod meme
Its probably going to have Denuvo anyways