/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Intricate Clockwork Bullshit Edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJZqlQ3xvAo
youtube.com/watch?v=wl558EoTuEQ
meltdownattack.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=b8HO6hba9ZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for salvation when?

youtube.com/watch?v=eJZqlQ3xvAo

Still not as dumb as the auto eye-shining laser turret.

I miss old robocuck and gnereal
when fliers were new and fucking fun to shit on land pleb gunbeds

It was only fun for the flyers, mind. I remember how fucked zepplins were against thruster sticks, and zepplins were my goddamn jam. Heavily armored aerial battleships. Good shit.

>Company of Heroes.gif

ahh, the old days...

>tfw dogfighting didn't work, copters were new and you tried out the 'flying artillery' tactic
This was surprisingly agile, I actually had fun with this thing

>want to make qt robits irl
>/diy/ is buried 20 foot deeper than /egg/

help

It might need another 10 years wich i wont have to just wait for a "decent" engineering game to feed my autism.

>active devs
>hasn't been updated for a year

flyers rule, gunbeds drool
remove siema

sieg heil

about as active as any other egg dev

youtube.com/watch?v=wl558EoTuEQ

It's not that great, but I stole it anyway.

wew, adam is old

Is /egg/ ded?

Was ever alive?

>3d print thing
>proceed to chop it the fuck up

Why didn't he just edit the fucking model? What the fuck?

>racing in cuckout
>try to show common courtesy to other drivers
>try not to ram into people, push them over or pit maneuver them
>guy rams me at the last second and passes me, getting 1st place
>next race I ram him and he crashes into a wall
>"OH WOW WHAT THE FUCK ASSHOLE!"

I guess I should just fuck over anybody that comes near me. They take advantage of my kindness.

>not going TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIND

THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN.

meltdownattack.com/

INTEL IN FLAMES

don't click on this its the actual attack on ur pc

HELP IT MADE MUSTARD GAS

Now you need ketchup gas and you're all ready to make hotdogs

I wish people on the internet maliciously gave you instructions how to make plasma hotdogs

Playing around with pistons in ftd, no sign of lord clang yet. Unfortunately the game does allow the parts to harmlessly clip through each other atm and I have no idea how to automate these actions.

>the game does allow the parts to harmlessly clip through each other

Does that mean I can just stack a bunch of layers of armor in the same blocks?

Yes, but it's only effective against kinetic and laser damage, explosions will go through the addon armor

>Make a dummy array.
>Abuse branching to force an illegal instruction to execute in OOOE, which only determines that it's illegal after executing it and normally vanishes the result.
>The instruction tries to use the contents of a protected register (the secret) to calculate a number, which is used as an index to access the dummy array.
>OOOE doesn't allow this but still calculates the index and caches that part of the dummy array.
>Another exploit is used to scan the dummy array for a cache hit. The index of the hit is a function of the secret.

Is that about right? If so, that is some good-ass software clang.

Good night /egg/

GO GO GADGET LASER

>that purple line
wtf

It's the power supply beam for the laser, bit of a graphical glitch. Seems it's not visible there unless the laser is used then retracted.

pistons in FTD, skubmade BTFO

I thought skrub made has had that shit for twelve eons and it collides?

Can I get a quick bogdown on this?

Someone was feeling a bit mean-spirited

That's demonstarbly false, KEEEEN have been actively ruining spengies on a monthly basis for years now

>people can spend 6 energy in cuckout to have 2 aegis shields, giving them complete invulnerability for 20 straight seconds
>take an engine to make them recharge faster
>richfags can buy multiples and fuse them to get 20% faster cooldowns

>just melee dem dud
>its not that hard
*flies away with hovers*

>that turret
I have an erection.

>/egg/
>the people in these threads

>Balance complaints
>Half-joking way around the balance issues
>Weaponry erections
...yeah, that's pretty normal.
You new here or somethin' boy?

Think that's bad fuckboy? It used to be so they could chain them perfectly in a group of three so they were litterally never vulnerable.

THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN

I cant believe it took so long for someone to say that.

So, can you make a LUA turret thar uses multiple rotors to spin crazy fast and essentially always have a bead on the enemy even if the gun itself is as heavy as the ship itself?

I'm not familiar with lua, though I should probably look into it if I want to keep playing with pistons. Anyway, you probably don't really need rotor exploits to get fast enough horizontal traverse since the 5x5 turret base is pretty fast. The slow part is elevation, When you use heavy barrels the mantles move really slowly. You could build a cannon on 2 rotors like that laser but it probably wouldn't be practical.

Is LUA hard?

>start of race
>few hovers next to me
>as soon as the race starts start strafing into them
>create such a massive pileup half the race ragequits

>hover right on top of land dwellers smashing my ass into their face and spinning them out

>smash hovers in the ass and either into the ground or they ramp off me and go soaring into the checkpoint sign

being an asshole is so much more fun than playing nice

>pay2win gaijinshit is pay2win
>/egg/ is of confuse
epic intellect on those cuckposters I swear

>confuse
Pretty sure he was just bitching about it, dumb wojack poster.

It's funny because at its current state the 57mm M1 AT gun is still overpowered as hell.

dod

jump after the laser
dont let it escape

>You could build a cannon on 2 rotors like that laser but it probably wouldn't be practical.

Dude that is practical as hell when you have Railguns or 500mm of long barrel. The elevation rate even without heavy barrels is still pathetic in tracking fast aerial targets or adjusting range compensation.

>worms
holy fuck man that takes me back

i can copy it to mega if you want
i got the dlcs

>literal days playing worms Armageddon alone in the dark without eating and barely moving
I want to go back

How would you build the gun without putting all the components above deck? That's why I said impractical.

Any fellow CoaDE players?

>Trying to make a sub 50KG IR Flare Drone with a high waste heat reactor as a sort of meta decoy

>mffw I can't balance my moderators.

Complain about the sky being blue next

I did some napkin math and it seems that for a given volume, you can reduce the armorable surface area by 25% by building your citadel in the shape of a triangle instead of a square. This is the Minecraft grid equivalent of circles having the least surface area in reality, so it should apply to Spengies and Skubmade as well.

If you decide to armor the bottom, consider doing a diamond shape instead. In that case the armor saving is at least 50% over squares. Combine this with tricks like using 1/4 volume heavy armor corners to buff the AC of stone, as well as making lightening cuts to any wooden fascia, and you can maxi-jew your armor.

All you need to do is build your engines into the shape of a triangle. Anybody work at Mazda?

>tricks like using 1/4 volume heavy armor corners to buff the AC
Doesn't work anymore, now it only adds 1/4 AC.

I don't have room for wacky jew armor.

gonna start complaining about you being r00d

just remove the armor and engines
you dont need them
just connect it all to a hand crank

You'll need anime girls holding guns and saying DELET THIS

I see no trigger mechanism fgt

>not using sheer hatred to fire your weaponry

friendly reminder; there is currently an /egg/ Factorio server active on v 1.16.13. details are:
name:
>/egg/man autism containment facility
password:
>clang

Stop playing Cuckout, you retarded cuck.

but I'm not playing it buzzword poster

>hatred
You're just a machine

Are we still playing dean hall the scam the spess station? Kinda gotten into elite and draged a free eggmen with me

>tfw your machine starts laying eggs

>You're just a machine
but I thought machines could hate user!

It begins

oh boy good thing we have all these garbage anime reaction images so we hit image limit 400 posts in

>Is LUA hard?
It's not rocket science.
fucking physicians

>Is LUA hard?
There's a very good reason the amount of mods out for gmod is ridiculous and it has nothing to do with the competency of the players.

youtube.com/watch?v=b8HO6hba9ZE

Get a new thrust bearing already, otherwise it'll jam some other part of your printer or short circuit something - it's unlikely they came from the linear bearings unless one completely cracked, but it's almost certainly from some kind of bearing. Check fan, idler pulley, etc.

does that count as a quad laser

Postan wacky /seg/ races stuff

Post your favorite engies from other games.

>keen code