/xgg/ - Xenogames General #70

USE SPOILER TAGS desumo

Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0 (embed)

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq (embed)

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg (embed)

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>Read-Only backup of the Info Doc
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JGCC9PLsDuBhL7riV3xwCDpUJ2zieEWk

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub (embed)

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY (embed)
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Old thread

When will we get the dlc to play as Jin permanently?

Either this month or fall

The artist of pic related seems to love her almost as much as I do, it's quite refreshing.

Most rares have a field skill that's "Useless"
Dagas' is the best though, because it gets replaced with actual useful skills later on.

>info doc still locked
Is the original OP not around anymore? Should someone else take the backup and make a new editable one?

Also, why does Godfrey's weapon look more like an axe than a hammer?

Cakes

>/v/ one month ago: "fuck muslims"
>/v/ now: "fuck yeah polygamy!"

Dagas affinity chart worth grinding? I don't see him mentioned here often.

worth not doing so you don't have to do it again.

The entirety of ending past Malos kicking the bucket is complete bullshit

>have 99 common cores, 40 rare, 17 legendary
>want KOSM
>can't be fucked to clear commons to make room

I wanna see Zeke watch Pandy get cucked by Tortes

That's true

Brought the doc back.

Where can I farm food for the Lv 60 Ardun?

>Puri Leaf Cabbage
>Sumpkin
>Victory Loquat
>Love Raspberry
>Melodious Melon

Where exactly Orthros or whatever the third core is called went? In the first game, Saga or Gears?

>Japanese Nia's touchaku when you fast travel

I'm in love with her.

Funny cause Godfrey was what rares should have been instead of brokenly OP cancer sacks

>ywn lewd the cat

Sumpkin at the Torigoth farms. Love Raspberry at the fast travel point north of the Mor Ardain docks, where the seal for Zenobia is. Turn around when you warp there and there's an agronomy point near the rock wall.

>salvaging with salvaging mastery stack to lvl 19 together
>can't skip this field skill each time I go jump

Is the devs dumb? How come you can skip field skill to open chest, forestry, mineralogy etc. but not other field skills like salvaging mastery?

user thank you for that.

Also, just to verify, as you said the Attachment accessories boost the auto attack damage right?

So would you say that, they actually offer the most damage out of all the buff accessories?

It's Alvis.

It's speculated that Ontos is actually Alvis,
since the Monado shares a lot of similarities to the Aegis.

Do you even need to ask how retarded they are?

Just reposting his shit. Experiment and find out like he did.

Should I just kill all my 2-crown blades if I'm trying to make room for big scouting sessions?

keep 3 with element check ,then kill anything that does not have any extra Field Skill

Who has the best Bladebutt?

What about merc-exclusive field skills?

If it doesn't have 3 skills it goes to the grinder

Keep your 3 element/field skills then 2's if you don't have 3 for each driver + 3 anywhere for rex.
Keep your merc shit
Don't screw your elemental coverage

Finish their affinity chart for books worth 3000 weapon points That's how I maxes nia's bitball healing in ch3

Something I noticed while replaying the game is that Rex's mom is wearing the same kind of clothing the people of Tantal wear. Given what we discover about the Tantalese people, do you think we'll get some exploration into that with the DLC, or do you think it'll remain as is?

Oh and don't toss out weapons that have break/topple/launch/smash. It's annoying to pull the right weapon in the right element. The desire sensor can tell when you fucked up

AND MAKE SURE THEY DON'T HAVE A LUK MOD/TREASURE SENSOR/SALVAGE MASTERY

MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!

What do the first 2 do? How do I know if they have it?

go away

I thought it all just meant you needed to be of Tornan descent to use Addam's Tornan locks.

Hit right bumper once. The second page of the blade info has its modifier listed below strength. Made's mod affects the driver's stats. It's the foundation to 999 luck pulls.
Treasure sensor increases item drop rate. It's good for when you want to go get chips and shit

Alright, thanks.

Books only come from 3s right? Unless I misread your first message.

Imagine if this actually happened during her runaway.

Gramps said that it only worked if you were Leftherian (which is why Jin initially contacted Bana for a Leftherian salvager), which is interesting since Rex wasn't born in Leftheria. Maybe since he was there for so long the crest recognized him as being from there or something.

You get more books the higher the crown count. Always max affinity before releasing. It's ~4k gold to pouch item them to rank A trust then merc batches of 6 to rank S

Where the fuck are royal guard barracks?

He says that, but it could also just mean you had to be of Tornan descent. We know it admitted any random person from the village, and nobody from Tantal would ever have gone there. We do see Zeke use one of the crests in Genbu's crown though. I don't think the lock would have checked Rex's residency papers but then forgotten to update itself after he moved out, so it's awkward if the lock is meant to be genetic and specific to the islands when he's seemingly not from there.

Warp to the Fonsa Myma harbour and walk upstairs, I think.

It'd be easier to keep track if you could mark favorites or something. How many merc missions does it typically take to go from A to S?

So I'm postgame now, I think I can use up my inn XP now to level, mainly to boost Luck Stat a bit for getting the last rare blades. Or am I missing anything if I level now?

If I have Sheba on __Zeke, what healers should I run on Nia?

Xenoblade chronicles more like NTR chronicles

It depends. Whenever you send out a Blade on a merc mission, it picks around 3 nodes to gain 50% in. Problem is, a few node types can't gain progress through merc missions like that.

For example, for generics, you have to do "deal x damage in one hit" and "complete x merc missions" manually.

Give deal damage better chips

Ursula, Boreas, Floren, Vess, KOS-MOS, depending on what elements your team needs.

Not too many? Ursula is based

Wait, if you give Blades a better chip, they'll be able to get the "deal x damage in one hit" nodes through merc missions? That's pretty amazing, I didn't know that.

I want to protect those hips.

Female healers. So everyone except Floren and Boreas

>ywn touch those ears

I only have Nim, Kora and Dahlia. Ursula and Adenine ended up on Zeke because of corespamming, is it worth replacing Dahlia with Boreas or Dromarch? I heard the AI plays like shit with Dahlia.

Stop hoarding and overdrive Ursula

Is she that good?

I haven't even started her chart

Will repeatedly travel to the same skip travel point change the weather? If not, then how do I force a weather?

Jump between titans

you have to warp to a different Titan and go back

Well.
She heal the whole party for 40% everytime you blade switch her.
Give her blade switch V and you're good.

Hey, /xgg/, any tips for using Morag? I just got her, and I'd love to use her. I don't think I need two tanks in my party though, and I'm thinking that Tora should be replaced, but I'm not sure.
I had been controlling Nia up to now, and I was also wondering how necessary healing is. Is the AI reliable enough to control Nia?

Actually this doesn't work. I gave some generic blade with that node a strong core chip (600 to 900+ auto attack) and it still doesn't clear it if you send it to merc mission. This is the same user complaining from last thread. Doesn't work you have to do it manually. Maybe it depends if its an attacker or not but still annoying as fuck even though its fast to just equip it and wack a monster.

it's a stretch but Rex's father could have been Leftherian since we hardly see him in the cutscene

Heals party on switch, heals party, good healing specials, nuts Ice for chain bursts. Bretty tasty.

Just beeee urself. You can stomp the games with only story blades or even 1 crown commons
Later on you can crit heal meme.
Depending on the fights, you can get away with just running a bitball with heal switch and it'll be enough
Party roles are a meme anyway. You can make Morag/Tora an attacker perfectly fine.
Yeah the AI does good enough.

She's an agility tank with two plot-mandated agility blades. In late game she can have trouble keeping aggro if you only focus her entirely on agility, but that's not a huge issue where you're at.
Also possible. I can't remember if we got a clear look at his clothes.

Dude agi tank lmao
AI Nia works fine as long as you don't put bad healers like Adenine on her
Prepare to dump Morag as soon as you get Pi anyway as Pi is infinitely better

I got adenine on Nia, what's the problem? You can still charge attack to heal

She doesn't heal squat and is always stuck on her, if you want wind healer RNG Boreas

Adenine isn't so much a bad healer as that she isn't really a healer at all. Her passives boost damage and her only way of healing is spawning HP potions, so Pyra is about as much of a healer as she is.

Adenine is actually a lot better on Rex because she's kind of a support DPS rather than a healer.
She offer no heals other than potions but give the whole party massive support damage by boosting the weakness damage of the enemy.
She also offer a 100% drop rate bonus and her level 2 and 3 break guards.

Does she even like fish

Yep, favorite type.

>Hey Nia have this raw fish
>*hiss*

She likes potato salad

Does anyone else find Blade Nia rather lackluster in the gameplay department?

It's a healer blade only Rex can equip and it has no topple/break/launch/smash skills at all

Where can I find Honeypot Grotto in Gormott?

>Use rare Blade
>The more I start liking them
But not Vess though
Vess's JP voice makes my ears bleed

She has the strongest heal, auto heal the party at max affinity and her blade arts put a shield on you that turn any damage dealt to you into heal
What's more to ask?

Why does no one ever actually check their blades' skills? Class isn't the only thing that matters. Adenine isn't a good healer. She works best on whoever is your DPS, because all her skills are damage or droprate based, with no healing passives or specials, so in this case, Zeke is the best option for her.

Not Zeke since the best wind blade for him is Zenobia.

WE ARE

Heal on switch like ursula with launch skill. No one is dumb enough to actually stay on the healer for more than 5 sec. The barrier heal is pretty useless.

It's so you can finally kick Nia out of the main party. They fucked up the party mechanics so that's really the only thing they could do short of just handing out crit builds as part of the plot.

Explore gormott. You'll find it. You need to build up your mental map of the area

Flowers and trees near the transition between the left and right sides.

I just don't want to remove a driver that can raise trust on your other blades and hold some decent field skills. If it was faster to swap I'd probably use her more.

When an affinity node asks for Blade Combos, what exactly counts?

I was testing on a named monster and ended up getting 4 orbs and after killing the monster with a chain attack, I checked and was at 2/10, don't remember but there were some steps in the combos where I didn't use Sheba at all.

I tried again, did light > light > water, water > water > water, water > water > dark and went to 7/10. I'm aware of the overlap, I was testing if Sheba being in the party changed anything, and it seems like it did, but I'm still unsure of how I got 5 ticks for only doing 3 combos.

I have been using Adenine on Zeke for 100 hours and have never once needed Memenobia. Not everyone will have access to Zenobia, and judging from complaints last thread, most people won't. Zenobia has extremely selfish buffs that do nothing for the rest of the party, while Adenine not only has party buffs and aggro reduction, but also an invaluable drop rate booster. And if we go down this path, technically speaking there's no reason to ever use anyone other than Tora.

>you have to equip her just to change her back

Pretty shitty design.