Opinions on this guy? Austrians and former subject opinions are welcome

Opinions on this guy? Austrians and former subject opinions are welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transylvanian_Saxons
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am of the opinion he should have federalized.

Why are there german enclaves in the middle of bumfuck country?

Various reasons, the ones in Transylvania came there as colonists during the medieval period I think.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transylvanian_Saxons

He had good intentions and was a hard working man, tho he was stuck in the past just a bit (considering his age, it's normal).
He had a rough life, and i feel sorry for him.
His cabinet and general staff fucked up, a lot.

If you're talking about Transylvania, many cities there were founded by Germans, hence the name it has in German (Siebenbürgen, seven cities). I think the Romanin president is of German descendence, even.

huh, you really need to force civilization on some people

I blame everything on the Magyars.
Franz Joseph was based.

He fucked everything up. His shifts between failed absolutism and promises of federalization made a lot of the population discontent (helping the nationalist movements), and to top it all off, he signed that abomination that is the Austro-Hungarian compromise. If he federalized like he promised so many times, the states wouldn't have needed to have even a part of the autonomy he had given Hungary, and the empire would be much more stable (Austro-Hungarian politics was a fucking shitshow). Moreover, nationalists wouldn't have been nearly as popular or radical, they only were because he gave Magyars half the empire and refused to give autonomy to anyone else, which pissed those peoples off. He also should have backed off from the Balkan expansionism, there was no way for A-U and Germany to counter Russia, France and the UK. Fuck that guy, he single-handedly ruined one of Europe's greatest empires, something I will never forgive him. Also, fuck Hunyadi, Kossuth, Hedervary and Magyars in general.

t. Croat, but wish I wasn't

It was called "Sedmiogród" long before Germans started settling there.

Not to Mention the Magyars were assholes to the minorities in their part of the empire (you guys were spared a bit because of your historical autonomy).
There's a reason every minority in Hungary was on the side of Austria in 1848. Praise Jelacic

>Get the hottest wife in the planet.
>Ignore her.
Goddomot Fronz Josof.

Didn't the Magyar parliament couple vetoing against upgrading the army with being the most aggressive group within Austria-Hungary?

>upgrading the army
Nah, they have no say to that since no such fucking production happened in Hungary. All the industry is in Austria and Czechlands.

The Hungarians threatened to not keep up the quota of military conscription and funding for the KuK & Honvedseg Armies.

>she gets assassinated

>Not to Mention the Magyars were assholes to the minorities in their part of the empire
Oh, trust me, I know. I agree that Banska Hrvatska (under Magyars, had a parliament but very little autonomy) had it better than most, but Hedervary, who was put in the position of the 'ban' (top position in Banska Hrvatska, the governor chosen by the emperor with the consent of the Croatian and Hungarian parliaments) was universally hated because he did everything in his power to magyarize Slavonia (Hungarian was used everywhere, Magyars were favoured etc.), and kept the pro-Hungarian coalition (Unionists-Peoples' party) artificially in power by corruption and politicking. Everyone hated his guts.
>There's a reason every minority in Hungary was on the side of Austria in 1848. Praise Jelacic
Preach.

Croat here
Absolute shit in my opinion.
German diplomat said that AH couldnt survive him, but if anything it was because of his actions it couldnt survive him.
Instead of federalizing monarchy and limiting Hungarian influence, he worked with them at the expense of every other nationality.
He broke every promise he made for self-government, and whats even worse when annexing Bosnia instead of trying to atleast incorporate catholic parts to Croatia and Dalmatia to counterbalance Serbs he made it autonomous entity.
And as cherry on top his actions started world war.
You hardly can make so many moral and political wrongdoing in one life.

Kallay wanted to create Bosnia as it's own thing.
He arguably succeeded, but only with the muslims. Which is a can of worms in and of itself.

He succeded making it shithole it is today.
Muslims at that time had no identity besides their faith and could have been assimilated as they were by ustaše in second world war.

Largely due to Upbringing.
>Be Franze Josef.
>Born into no fun allowed Hapsburg family.
>Trained in SERIOUS BUSINESS since Childhood

>Be Elizabeth.
>Be carefree Bavarian buxom babe.
>Spend Childhood in a fun, loving environment.

So its Uncle Scrouge married to Nice Girl Next Door.

To be fair, FJ did want the shit out of Elizabeth. When Papa Franz was sent to Ischl, he was originally to marry Sisi's older sister. But Franz saw Sisi and said "Nigga I'm not marrying until I get that one instead."

Franz was 23. Sisi was 15.

Pretty sure Disney is gonna use that one day when they run out of fairy tales. But they'll use their "creative liberties" to make a happy ending.