Sexy Religion

What is the sexiest, most lewd religion, either ancient or currently practiced?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_magic
mega.nz/#F!sdxBVZCT!1cbfKNTqV--kMRD9EtN5ow
youtube.com/watch?v=FYay5XfwOO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_magic

Any of the ancient fertility religions.

i was reading herodotus i think and he mentioned a religion that had priestesses/temple whores (might have been babylonians) and if you threw a coin between her legs she would sleep with you.

^This, but the wiki is a weak article.

See my folder on the subject:
mega.nz/#F!sdxBVZCT!1cbfKNTqV--kMRD9EtN5ow

>999
Temple prostitution was relatively widespread. Samael's wives (Agrat, Lilith, Namaah, and Eisheth) were tied to the notion of sacred prostitution in super early Hebrew religion.

A number of occultists still venerate these four; though a fair number swap out Eisheth for Rahab in either an ascended angelic form (like Enoch or Azra), or as a draconic entity like Leviathan (via Psalms, etc.). This is due to Eisheth being generally accepted as the ruling spirit of Binah's qlifot and therefore not an entity to be idly toying with.

i wish fundamental christianity, which i was brought up in, had church prostitutes. i might have stayed a christian if i got some free sex every sunday. the church should look into it to boost attendance.

>tfw no Scarlet Mother of Abomination, Saint of Harlotry, and Woman of the Apocalypse gf

iktf

that statue is pretty hot tbqh
this is what schizophrenia looks like, children

As always, thanks Ape.

>TFW no qt jain gf

Why did this ever go out of style?

phonecians had that thing with sacred prostitutes, temples that were basicaly brothels where women lived in pretty much a monastic lifestile serving their godess and offering their bodies to travelers and pilgrims as a ritual sacrifice

thing is this being a religious thing these women would go on to become respected and revered members of society and almost retain a religious function even after they would exit the sex-temple thing

other ancient religions had rituals where the king and queen, having a cult function as well as if not moreso than a political one, would perform mating rituals that were supposed to have huge significance since somehow they simbolicaly are the realisation of some alchemical-astral union bla bla bla, so basicaly the ruling couple would fuck on a altar in front of a whole regiment of priests and congregation as a ceremonial act that sets the world in order or whatever

any advice on which to read first?

Depends on what you're into.
Most of this is introductory material with a touch of intermediate Thelema.

For Tantra? Kiss of the Yogini is a great introduction.

For Thelema? Ararita: Elaborations on the Star Sapphire is a touch advanced but gives actual recommendations for how to work the rite and what the symbolism is.

Aztec priests would masturbate onto the earth to fertilize it, in honor of Tonatiuh. And prostitutes played a prominent role in some state ceremonies with the great noble warriors, where they'd dance in ecstasy together and if they wanted to, they could take one with them that night and marry them. Among the Maya theres a community orgy that occurs under the moonlight in the forest. Virgin girls would cast off their clothes before a spring while a woman sang.

Abrahamic religion had a LOT to do with it.

>inb4 le fedora maymay

I'm serious. The Picts, just for instance, were a pagan society that openly fucked in public with no qualms, they also had regular orgies. That ended with the coming of Christianity.

Ironic considering how erotic chunks of the Bible are.

Probably the Dionysian cults, although they were so secretive no one really knows what went on in them.

Great. Just another example of how the Big Three Faiths ruined the world.

>edgy as fugg

You can't convince me that the world wouldn't be better off and happier without Christianity, Judaism and Islam. The first one, especially.

>was

How's high-school going? Careful of that edge there.

Nope, 25 years old.

Seriously, send me a shower of memes, there are hundreds of cultures, many mythologies and lost technologies that are gone forever because of shit like Conquistadores, Manifest Destiny, Christianization, colonialization, Muslim conquests, etc.

What have the Abrahamic Three ever given to this world that others could have done or already did and were destroyed by these religions taking over?

which chunks

>What have the Abrahamic Three ever given to this world that others could have done or already did and were destroyed by these religions taking over?

Very Eurocentric and imperialist of you to focus on Christianity while Islam has destroyed far more. Shrine of Noah, countless Buddhist statues and temples, Assurance temples in Syria.. and that's just modern day Islam.

To answer your question, Christianity gave the message of salvation by God becoming man, God Incarnate, something that is not found in any other religion. Fully God and fully man. Human rights, like those of the UN, are ultimately because of Christianity and it being the foundation of Western culture - compassion for the Ill, weak, and destitute, poor, the abolition of slavery, monogamous marriage, etc.
Of course being the lefty you probably are, you'll disagree because Christianity can't possibly be the foundation of the West.

What are you talking about, the user you replied to literally mentioned the Muslim conquests

>something that is not found in any other religion

No other religion has almighty God fully incarnate in a historical person.

>literally
There's that word again

lit·er·al·ly
ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/

adverb

in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
synonyms: exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly; More
without question, unquestionably, indisputably
"there are literally 214 colors available"
informal
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
"I have received literally thousands of letters"

Oh great,he believes it, he actually fucking believes in a literal interpretation...

>ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο

>tfw when you will never live in a religious matriarchy where the woman of your village take your virginity when you reach of age (13).

catholicism

Literally used in a figuratively perfect way.

We'll, now I know you're not a Christian. Muslim? Jew? Atheist?

and Islam what makes Islam less violent than Christianity, apparently someone doesn't watch the news :^)

Unironcially Islam

>multiple wives
>sex slaves
>lolis
>temporary brides

I was raised in a conservative protestant Christian home and community. I still live in that community. I never went through an edgy teenage-early 20s phase. I was a literal believer until about the age of 21. I realized one day that I was afraid to actually question what I believed, and discovered comparative religion/mythology around the same time and the pieces all fell into place and I realized that I didn't have to read the Bible or any other such book literally. The Bible can be full of truths without it being factual, the same goes for any other mythology, you have to understand that.

I really hate to be rude, but when I try to have a conversation with someone that is a literalist I just want to bang my head against a wall because the conversation usually goes nowhere because the other party already 'knows' they're right and is unwilling to consider the possibility of changing their perspective if even for a moment.

But Jesus literally exists and the Gospels accurately convey His message.

>93
>No other religion has almighty God fully incarnate in a historical person.

The city of Uruk had temples to Ishtar, where any man could go and a priestess would have sex with him. This was seen as a ritual to be closer to the gods.

"Sweet Ishullanu, let me suck your rod, touch my vagina, caress my jewel…’” - Ishtar

>dem titties.

>The first one, especially.
Ok ok
Complaining about the Three, I get, but singling out Christianity? This makes you look like a child, Islam is far more socially conservative, their women live in curtains ffs.

p. Sexy

Sure, but it's forced. In pagan religions the women do all that freely

You just did the very thing I said you were going to do...

>Shuk-den was nothing but a minor Ge-luk protector before the 1930s when Pa-bong-ka started to promote him aggressively as the main Ge-luk protector."[3] Dreyfus states "the propitiation of Shukden as a Geluk protector is not an ancestral tradition, but a relatively recent invention of tradition associated with the revival movement within the Geluk spearheaded by Pabongkha."[4]

>Christ didn't LITERALLY get nailed to the Cross guise
You sound like a Muslim apologist. From what you're saying you're some moral relativistic atheist.

It's called being dependable.

What about all those countless societies that venerated God Kings/had imperial cults? Many acknowledged their leaders as literal divine beings on Earth, or at least partially divine, it's not so different at all from the Christian notion of Jesus being God and walking the Earth.

If you think Pantheistic gods don't go up and down the hierarchy then you obviously haven't even read the Greeks

Just look at this Ishtar slut seducing a 2/3 animal.

The entire Americas, polynesia and european cultures were twisted due to Christianity. How is this far less than what Islam has destroyed?

>literally sanctioned propaganda from Lhamo Dondrub copy/pasted from his website

2/10 strawman

At least you got me to respond. Here is your (you)

Obviously those hypocrites were not divine because they've largely been forgotten.

On the other hand, Jesus Christ will remain vitally controversial until He returns.

Sorry duns, but it is different. ChrI still is fully God and fully man. Those kings claimed to be gods, not men. Further, they did not come for the salvation of humanity, but just to enrich themselves and solidify power. Besides that obviously they werent God nor divine, just simply human.

user, why haven't you accepted Dorje Shugden as your Lord and personal Dharma Protector in these spiritually degenerate times?

He died for your Attainment :3

youtube.com/watch?v=FYay5XfwOO4

>no other religion features an incarnate God
>well, other religions did indeed feature incarnate Gods, but they aren't true LOL
k

(((pantheistic gods))) are not almighty

>literally a tripfag

I said HAS not "features."

>literally a frogposter

>America
Specifics? I'd prefer Christ over ritual human sacrifice on the reg. The culture of machismo and violence is very well still with the natives in centrap and south America, despite Christianity. Further, many natives still have their culture intact.
>Polynesian
Islam went there first, and before that Hinduism. Why not call them out?
>Europe
European culture is Christianity, or rather the other way around. You're lamenting for druids or something? Or Slavic wooden face trees? Some Indo-European pantheon?

>literally a pedo defender

Sorry dude, but no other religion has God being man to walk the Earth.

user, you need to accept Dorge Shugden as the Dharma Protector of this spiritual age.

He knew he was going to be assassinated but let it happen anyway so that in his death he could protect your path to Enlightenment.

:3

Look I'm really honestly trying to be empathetic here. I believed the same thing that you did, and I mean that I literally believed that Jesus was the son of God/Is God and that he died to cleanse me of sin if I merely believed that. I believed that the flood of Noah actually historically happened and that Armageddon and the Rapture was going to happen.

I'm with you on that. I know the stories and the ideas back and front. I lived it user.

But I don't believe those things are literal historical events anymore. The people? Sure, some of them actually existed, including Joshua (Jesus we come to from the greek) but so did Gautama Siddhartha, and a slew of other figures from mythology. Myth naturally incorporates the real world into its stories as a way to relate our Being to the world.

In this context it means the same thing.
>no other religion has an incarnate God
>well, other religions did indeed have incarnate Gods, but they aren't true LOL

>no other religion has the god of my religion, which I conveniently call God, as a man walking the earth in their religion

Yeah you're right about one thing at least

Good, it's disgusting.
Christ is God embodied as a human and is fully both.
But it is factual.

You're a child, you know nothing of comparative religion and probably only heard of it through the Recognitions you memeshitter.
dude its all wrong because some guys on Reddit said it a few years ago IM SO FUCKING ENLIGHTENED BROS HAHA
>scholars
Look at the fucking empiricist.

Except the Pharaohs were Horus in life and then Osiris in death...

>multiple men

>But it is factual.

Prove it.

Christ is my protector.

No it does not because those other religions did not indeed have incarnate Gods.

Kid, witches get stitches.

>[triggered]

They were all Horus.

Such edge
So sharp
Wow

So are Christians the Australians of Veeky Forums?

Do you seriously intend to have a rational discussion or are you just going to keep moving goalposts?

You lost this one dude, just move on to the next point, this topic isn't even integral to the discussion, lots of religions had God-Men in them.

>mfw Pet3r replies to me

Nope, that'd be commies.

>mfw he defends witchcraft

Christians are surely the Canadians of Veeky Forums, then.

>prefer Christ over ritual human sacrifice

>forced conversion
>conquest
>purges
>crusades
>manifest destiny
>inquisition
>jihad
>honor killings
>witch hunts

Literally every current culture on earth has been either assailed physically or ideologically or completely influenced and dominated in some manner by some sect of either Christianity or Islam at some point in its history. Communism and Fascism are the contenders

Leftists do, such cancer.

Are we Canadians known for shitposting?

How about the Dionysian cults?

>mfw Christfags tell me I should hate Islam because it's violent and repressive but if I practice witchcraft I'll "get stitches".

God's wrath is real.

Anyhow, back on topic, Sabbatic Craft as formulated by Chumbley's Cultus Sabbati is pretty darn sexy.

>God's wrath is real.

Prove it.

You must be part of the reddit shit posting leftists that are playing this board looking for a beachhead to attack /pol/

Why did Judas hang himself?