Fuck, fuck, fuck /his, I just fully realised that my life has a beginning and an end

Fuck, fuck, fuck /his, I just fully realised that my life has a beginning and an end.

I cannot stand the thought that I may slip into eternal non-existance. I like to be, live and think.

Hasn't anyone come up with a plausible idea that can be proven somehow in the whole history of humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tliWDMrOjoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eh-3FJs2pz8
youtube.com/watch?v=5yRgiXh2fP4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Hasn't anyone come up with a plausible idea that can be proven somehow in the whole history of humanity?
What? If you accept logical axioms, sure, there are lots of ideas like that. How does that relate to the rest of your post?

I mean an idea about the issue.

Will I really be non-existant?

What is this place I was born into really?

I cannot comprehend my existence, I do not grasp why something exist rather than nothing.

I feel lost.

these are just thoughts elicited by teenage hormones, it will go away

Death is life, it is something you must accept. As far as I can tell reality is quite random, a simple cosmic event could end us in a second but these things are out of our control so I've learned to push my mortality aside and look for the beauty in life while having fun with those I care about.

B-but I'm 30 years old.

> Will I really be non-existant?
Yes, just like you didn't exist before.
> What is this place I was born into really?
It is the place you was born into, that's all there is to say.
> I cannot comprehend my existence, I do not grasp why something exist rather than nothing.
There is no "why", it just exists, it a raw fact.

that's pathetic

But it is not really about accepting or not accepting it.

It is more about what to accept. I do not really understand my situation. What is this world my consciousness was born into? I just cannot comprehend it. And will there be truly eternal non-existance? That is an outcome that makes me quite afraid. I mean, come on - ETERNAL non-existance. Are there any other plausible outcomes?

Your consciousness is the only one you will ever know.

You aren't aware of it beginning or ending.

Therefore you are eternal.

It's not a bad thing, when you're dead you won't care that you're dead. All that matters is what happens when you're alive.

Why? As far as I know all kinds of various renowned philosophers have thought about it - and I am sure I am not the only one in this world who is confused and scared about it.

>Yes, just like you didn't exist before.
But this time it may be for eternity?

>It is the place you was born into, that's all there is to say.
So nothing more to say about it?

>There is no "why", it just exists, it a raw fact.
So, you do not believe in cause and effect?

These are some enigmatic sentences, could you please elaborate more?

But not caring about it, does not necessarily mean it is good for me.

Being in an eternal state of non-existence does not quite satisfy me.

>Being in an eternal state of non-existence
>being
>non-existence
How fucking stupid are you

> But this time it may be for eternity?
Just like it was from eternity to here.
> So nothing more to say about it?
Nothing certain, no. It just is, it has you in it, it has some properties you can study, but no metaphysical knowledge is possible.
> So, you do not believe in cause and effect?
I don't believe in the infinite comprehensibility - at some point you just have to stop talking because there is no way to know and will never be.

You know what I mean smartass

No, since you can't measure that shit.

Also why are you afraid? Every other person no matter how great has had to deal with the exact same thing as you do. What makes you more special than them that you should be exempt from death?

>Just like it was from eternity to here.
It was not from eternity, because eternity must span longer than to the point of when I entered life.

No I don't because it's fucking nonsense. You don't experience and endless void when you die. You don't experience anything because you're fucking dead. You're never gonna figure out what happens when you die by just sitting around and thinking about it so just get over it.

>Nothing certain, no. It just is, it has you in it, it has some properties you can study, but no metaphysical knowledge is possible.
Then why are so many philosophical books about it, when you can nothing say about this world?

>at some point you just have to stop talking because there is no way to know and will never be.
How do you know?

Well shit, what else is there to say besides you can't comprehend it. Do you also contemplate the fact that you'll never know what the edge of the universe is like? Or what came before time?

If not than don't worry about it m8. These are things that are out of our control and are useless to think about. You just have to accept.

>Also why are you afraid?
Because I cannot even comprehend my situation, where I am, what this is all about and what possible outcomes exist once my body disolves into atoms.

>What makes you more special than them that you should be exempt from death?
I don't think that. But just because everyone before me faced that fate does not mean it is good.

Just don't worry about it. It's useless to try and rattle your brain over such matters as much as you'd like to. You're only mortal after all.

>Fuck, fuck, fuck
I hate when people start threads this way, its so dumb

Dying is a great thing. You don't have to worry or be anxious about anything when you're dead.

> Then why are so many philosophical books about it, when you can nothing say about this world?
People like to know everything, so they'd rather try to guess than to declare something incomprehensible.
> How do you know?
I don't, but there is no reason to suppose that our (physiologically or otherwise) limited cognition is able to comprehend the world as it it. Moreover, there is no reason to suppose that the world at it is is comprehensible at all, unless you're a theist ofc. So far neither science nor philosophy get any satisfactory answers.

Absolutely, I will experience nothing, there may be endless void but as you say I would not feel it.

Still, this would be not good for me. I will not care about it once I am dead - but regardless of if I care about it or not it is still not good for me.

Being is better than eternally not being. Eternally not being sounds unfulfilling.

youre a fucking idiot m8

>Just don't worry about it.
How can I not worry about a fate of eternal non-existence? It sounds like one of the most horrific things imaginable to me.

>It's useless to try and rattle your brain over such matters as much as you'd like to.
But hasn't any smart person on this Earth figured it out? Does anyone have a plausible explanation?

>Insulting people one the Internet
You must be really proud.

My argument is that just because you are not conscious and thus cannot feel the void it does not necessarily mean that this is a positive outcome.

>you are not conscious
That's called "unconscious" and it's different than being dead, which is a state wherein "You" don't even fucking exist anymore. It's not supposed to be a "positive outcome," it's fucking biology.

Just fucking hold on for biological immortality (or at least significantly extended lifespans) like the rest of us.

Is it probably gonna happen in our lifetimes? No. Is it possible? Sure. Hopefully that'll help keep the panic away.

This, wait for transhumanism to take over

>Is it probably gonna happen in our lifetimes? No. Is it possible? Sure. Hopefully that'll help keep the panic away.
I would even be in panic if I would be immortal, because this world confuses me. Where am I really? What is this whole world all about? I just cannot grasp it. I probably cannot even think of and ask the questions I want to ask because this all is so incomprehensible for me.

>It's not supposed to be a "positive outcome," it's fucking biology.
Supposed or not supposed, still not a positive outcome to me. ETERNAL NON-EXISTANCE. It's so crazy, just the thought of it.

>still not a positive outcome to me.
Well, too bad. What the fuck are you expecting? If you want someone to tell you that you get to exist happily ever after in Heaven then go to fucking church you dipshit

That is not what I want to be told anyway, I want something that I can somehow comprehend and understand and not just an answer "in this holy book it is written you go to Heaven".

Interestingly, we all consist of atoms, it is just the structure that is different. If the universe is eternal, I may be reborn somehow when the exact atoms I consist of get their previous structure once again?

The problem is, that I do not even know what I should ask about. My existence is just so confusing, I do not even really know where to start thinking about.

What is this world, how can it be explained, what is it all about?

Well, if you think about it, since you aren't aware to "be" at any point in time after your death, the entire universe could collapse and reform in any number of iterations until all the atoms are configured in the same way they were when you were born. Theoretically if everything plays out the same way it did in your life, it would be like you just went to sleep as an old man and woke up as a baby.
If you assume the universe will go through an infinite number of bang-crunch cycles, and you'll die at least once, the chances of effective re-animation in an exactly similar or approximate life as a "being" again are non-zero.

Funnily I formulated this thought one post above you.

This gives me some hope.

I also had the realisation that everything in the world exists of the exact same elements, but with different structures. A tree, a human a stone all consist of the same building blocks, only the structure differs.

What implications may this fact have? Can we become something else? Can our consciousness be transferred to another being?

If the universe faces a cold death and is never reborn, it would look gloomy from the existance perspective though.

Oh wow lmao I didn't even notice that, sorry

Don't use "consciousness" like "soul". Speaking anatomically your perception abilities are extremely separate from your alive-ness and are modular. A hammer to the right spot in the brain can change your behavior profoundly and there's no reason yet to believe its acting as a transmitter or receiver for magic pixie-dust. Even if it was, how would they interface with one-another? Descartes couldn't answer that, you certainly can't.

Do whatever it is you do until we really know what the brain is about, maybe squirt your CSF into a robot one in 100 years and see what happens.

non-existence is great, can't wait

Don't worry OP, the ride never ends

youtube.com/watch?v=tliWDMrOjoQ

Bottom line is nobody knows the answer to any of the questions you have. Nobody knows whether they're answerable by us, now, in the distant future, or ever. Nobody knows whether they're even meaningful questions with meaningful answers.

Given all that, it's silly to be pessimistic about them.

Seek immortality from being eternally remember.

Good or bad doesn't matter.
Fact will be you'll be immortal.

>How can I not worry about a fate of eternal non-existence?
Because you can't help it. It's like worrying about a nuke being dropped on your head. It's always a possibility for it to happen, but if it did it's something totally out of your control.

>Bottom line is nobody knows the answer to any of the questions you have.
But there are so many smart people on this Earth, isn't there just one who has an answer?

ALL humanity just fails to get a grasp of what this world is all about?

I've not existed for far, far longer than I've been alive.

If I have anything to fear it's life rather than death.

But then it would not be me who is immortal, but the memory of me. The memory of me is not identical with myself.

I do not disagree with that life and existence itself are not scary. In face, as I pointed out before this whole world confuses me completely. What is it all about, what is this place we are living in really?

>I've not existed for far, far longer than I've been alive.

How do you know this?

Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Lead a respectable life, or try your best. He has the power to bring you back to life.

Because I wasn't around before I was born.

Unless reincarnation turns out to be real and I in fact was around before I was born but I just don't remember it.

You can't be happy or experience anything good either. So calling it "great" is a bit stupid.

>Because I wasn't around before I was born.

Something you can't really know, what if you forget everything before you were born?

That's a possibility.

But from what I currently understand about the universe (which is very limited) the most likely scenario seems to be that I didn't exist before being born.

Accept Mohammed as your Lord and Savior. Lead a respectable life, or try your best. He has the power to bring you back to life.

>where am I really?
You're on earth. A planet in a universe.
>What is this whole world all about?
I can't speak for the planet itself, but you are all about securing the further existence of our species.
>I probably cannot even think of and ask the questions I want to ask because this all is so incomprehensible for me.
So why are you even trying?

There are only two possible outcomes, either eternal non-existence or being reborn as a human or an animal on this planet.

Body disolves into atoms, atoms take form of another being. We are reborn.

However, that exact the atoms that made our consciousness come together again seems to be extremely unlikely?

Are consciousness is not just one atom, but many atoms. Are we many people in one consciousness who form one?

>You're on earth. A planet in a universe.
And what is the universe in?

>but you are all about securing the further existence of our species.
So we exist to exist? That is just a tautology.

>So why are you even trying?
Because someone of you may have the right questions based on the context of my struggle?

Yep. These questions are tough. I'm sorry.

Consciousness was a mistake.

That is so ridiculous.

I mean we fly to the moon, we can communicate over distance - but we cannot find answers to the most basic questions of our existence (what it is about etc.)? How can humans be so cognitively limited?

But I like my life, my consciousness and I think life has up and downs, but generally I enjoy it and it gets better for me.

I just want to better understand our life and existence.

Don't worry. Time is infinite and the universe will, out of pure chance, recreate itself as an exact copy as it is now. Maybe with slight variations. After all "everything that is possible, will happen."

All of us have died an infinite amount of times before, and we will for eternity.

>And what is the universe in?
Nothing. Outside of the universe is non-existing.
>So we exist to exist?
Yes, as far as I can tell.
>Because someone of you may have the right questions based on the context of my struggle?
Are you asking me? Or are you telling me what you hope to achieve, and you're just sort of a dick?
Anyway, I'm not sure what question you're looking for. Sounds to me like you just want to ask what the purpose of being is. And I don't know for sure. I suggest you just create your own meaning.

>out of pure chance, recreate itself
What?

>All of us have died an infinite amount of times before, and we will for eternity.
What is the reason behind it? What is the underlying purpose?

How do you know the universe will not just freeze and never be recreated ever again?

Maybe you dont. Maybe you fear death so much because you know deep down that there is more to this. Maybe you will be held accountable for the way you lived your life, and that is what is terrifying. An eternity of nothing, while hella depressing, is at least easy and serene to think about. I don't see how a life after this one is any less terrifying.
But none of us really knows. Find faith, accept nothing, or don't think about it. Doesn't really matter does it?
You should strive the live a life you are proud of, so it won't matter to you when you croak. which you will.

Death and life are just concepts you've been taught.
There is no death because you cannot die.
Because you already don't exist, you've been lied to.

youtube.com/watch?v=eh-3FJs2pz8

Now you realize that even from scientific point o view universe is some magical mumbo-jumbo because it can't and will never answer what was before time and what will be after it also how does the edge of the universe look like.

It's not too late to save yourself.

I don't. The fate of the universe is completely unknown to me.

Sorry dude.
I don't want to die either.

youtube.com/watch?v=5yRgiXh2fP4

>What is the reason behind it? What is the underlying purpose?
There is none. The only reason we exist is because during the genesis of life a single strand of proto-RNA gained the ability to reproduce. From then on through mutation and constant reproduction the proto-RNA strand evolved into more complex forms of organic life with the singular impulse to reproduce and acquire energy to do so. That's the abridged biological explanation.

You are the culmination of those millions of years of evolution, which doesn't make you special at all, that's simply what you are. You have an inherent biological impulse to reproduce and acquire energy. This impulse exists because you, as a complex organic lifeform, cannot exist without it.

You don't have a purpose. Instead you have instincts and psychological drives to fulfill your acquired evolutionary impulse to reproduce. All your emotions and abstractions can be boiled down to this basic impulse of life. See Freud.

I must note that while it may seem meaningless that our impulse to reproduce is the source of all our actions, wants, and needs we shouldn't reject it. Rather we should embrace these psychological drives and impulses and seek to fulfill them in order to achieve a content/happy life. There is no reason to refuse our pursuit of earthly happiness, nor should we sacrifice it for the sake of false teachings of various ideologies.

This sounds very hedonistic at a glance, but I can't write how this factors into our responsibilities to society, family, etc. because it simply is too much. You'll have to draw those conclusions yourself, sorry.

However, you shouldn't feel inferior/worthless because of this. This is the truth and embracing the truth for what it is will liberate you from popular notions of philosophical romanticism. No higher power has devolved a singular role for you, and no earthly authority can define your purpose to exist.

I'm more afraid of old age disease/senility than death. I'll probably kill myself when I get to that point. Having control of when I'm going to die also feels powerful.

Sorry everything that has lived, Is living and will live is gonna die. Nothing can change that. Just enjoy life.

the particles that make up your brain aren't going anywhere, you never really end, they have already been mixed up throughout your life

Researches about what modern quantum physicists say about the soul, OP.
Also research about esoteric topics like reincarnation, you'll see there are many causes of kids who remember past lifes.

Getting drunk like every other responsible adult. This is the best answer, we, as humanity have discovered. Enjoy it, brother.

Nothing can't exist.
The can't "be" something that represents not being.
Something has to exist.

spooks always exist m8

Makes me think

Umm, because we're just evolved animals? Turn to religion if you need answers.

Cunt

>Your consciousness is the only one you will ever know.
This is what Normies actually believe. Oh, how I envy you.

welcome to the big leagues chief

He's pointing out that your thought process is fundamentally flawed. You're scared because you're holding together a particular inconsistent image.

Well think of it this way, you don't suffer in non-existence since you don't exist.

Otherwise, what is existence if you do not participate in it? Before you and after you don't matter when it comes down to it.

If you're worried about an end to your existence in this reality, what of stressing over all the space and time before you? All the vastness of the universe you'll never experience? What about perhaps all the other realities you have and never will know?
For you, all you ever will know is all that matters to you.

Big cunt leagues?

>B^)

Is there any way we can exchange emails? I'm desperate to have more ppl like you in my life.

Reality, existence, is just a configuration of energy. Supposing we are correct when we say that energy in the universe cannot be added to or subtracted from, then existence is just a constant shift in these energy levels.
Life is a manifestation of energy that tries to perpetuate itself within an isolated system, but due to biological limits the energy will escape that system someday.
Human consciousness arose to the degree that we possess solely to optimize survival. It is part and parcel of your physical body, and when the enclosed system that is your body can no longer sustain its energy, your consciousness terminates. "You" will not exist in any form after death, and be thankful for it. "Your" existence is a result of biological functions, and the thought that your personality should continue after death is vanity of the highest degree. Make the most of your life, and don't worry about eternity. All things are equally meaningless in the context of it.

Nirvana.

You come from all, you will return to all, if you are deemed worthy.