What would it take to rein political discourse in the United States back towards the center?

What would it take to rein political discourse in the United States back towards the center?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37243269
politistick.com/trump-flip-flops-on-border-wall-says-we-need-only-half-a-wall-because-of-natural-barriers/
presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=111711
sys.Veeky
google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-WB-66602?responsive=y?client=safari
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

destroy Veeky Forums

Push from far right and far left. Much as I hate to bring the horse shoe theory into this, I reckon most people would see that they're mostly choosing feels> reals in the long run, and both are somewhat authoritarian and not so inclusive.

>destroy all forms of social media
ftfy

Eradicate left wing thought

end the debate on america's national identity

america's ambiguity on whether it is a secular state or a god-fearing christian state is what's responsible for the terrible state of affairs in american politics

>implying there's anything Christian about the Republican Party
>implying that the Democrats' multiculturalism isn't a religious creed

>debate

"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion"

Can't be done. The political Left pushed so insanely hard and far to the Left that it isolated the average person and drove millions to the far right.

The country is bound for balkanization, its only a matter of when and how.

>implying the far right won't drive people back to the center

>The political Left pushed so insanely hard and far to the Left

i disagree
the far right has been instigating shit in the country since the '50s with the john birch society. their conspiracies and paranoia have been plaguing the country ever since. say what you want about the left, but they don't claim that school shootings are cover-ups and that the government is planning to detain people using FEMA camps

Obama Clinton and Trump are all centrists

It's more like the Democrat base switched from being working class whites to upper class whites, and upper class whites are less likely to believe conspiracy theories.

If you think of the Democrats as the yuppie party and the Republicans are the business party, you'll have it about right.

Everyone who isn't a yuppie or a businessman is simply a client mob for whoever can shovel the most bullshit.

>implying there's anything Christian about the Republican Party

wonder how they've been attracting devout christians for the last 3 decades

>>implying that the Democrats' multiculturalism isn't a religious creed

it's not.

Once Trump ends up being a disaster, you can be sure America's politics will become more centrist again. Republicans will learn populism is short-living and disastrous, and democrats will learn alienating white people means losing elections.

What is "the center"?

It seems to me, the "center" is merely a bunch of elite extremists, who were convinced the republican party was suddenly becoming nazis overnight

Revolution, mass migration, and re-drawing of the map, desu

>Implying the whole wall thing wasn't just for dumb flyover votes and based Trump won't have an eight year pragmatic centrist mandate

>eight year

If you'd have paid attention to anything Trump actually said—and not what the lying media would have you believe—you'd know Trump's philosophy is to always ask big and bargain down from there. He said many times in the campaign the border wall would be a fence in some areas, and that some areas have natural barriers and don't need a man-made border.

srry I meant 44 year reign

>say what you want about the left, but they don't claim that school shootings are cover-ups and that the government is planning to detain people using FEMA camps
truthers were left-wing

>alienating white people means losing elections.

At least in tell the 2040s when Whites are projected to become a minority. It seems the dems forgot babies can't vote

>say what you want about the left, but they don't claim that school shootings are cover-ups and that the government is planning to detain people using FEMA camps

No, they just claim that a US president was responsible for the deaths of 3000 people in a false flag attack meant to send the country to war over oil.

Are you telling me he's not going great wall 2: electric boogaloo on mexico? Damn that sneaky media

like Alex Jones?

How did the media lie when it reported the rhetoric of the Trump campaign?

>Once Trump ends up being a disaster, you can be sure America's politics will become more centrist again.

Ironically Trump is a centrist, and would have been considered as such up into the late 90s and early 2000s.

alex jones is a visionary

Is it common for republicans and right-wingers to hold up delusional conspiracy theorists as their heroes?

I've been following both him and his rallies since day one. I assure you he's stated it's a bargaining ploy and it wouldn't be a straight wall across the border multiple times.

And I've seen him mention building a big wall numerous times - even during the Republican Primary debates.

From what he's said we when he isn't being grandiose no it won't be.

objectively, his fantasy projection of world affairs is most likely more accurate than the one cnn or fox news paints of the world

you are delusional if all the world leaders meeting to make mock sacrifices to a giant owl isn't weird or doesn't matter, after all.

So how much is he going to bargain down 3 million votes?

From a sept 1st BBC article
"Mr Trump says his wall will cover 1,000 miles and natural obstacles will take care of the rest."

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37243269

send link

politistick.com/trump-flip-flops-on-border-wall-says-we-need-only-half-a-wall-because-of-natural-barriers/

Another

first two mention the fact there's already a small fence, third is this juicy nugget:
This is a wall we are talking about, not a fence - on that Mr Trump has been clear ("a wall is better than fencing and it's much more powerful")

fourth is "That rules out relatively cheap options like tall iron fence posts or wire mesh."

You're a liar and a fraud, fuck you.

From the Michigan Republican debates:

>TRUMP: Not very flexible. No, not very flexible. I give the example — I'm going to build a wall. I'm the one that wants the wall. I'm the one that can build the wall. [applause]

>It's going to get built. And by the way, Mexico is going to pay for the wall. I can tell you that. Mexico is going to pay for the wall. [applause]

>But — and I used an example. And this isn't necessarily what was said, but whatever was said, the wall's 50 feet high. Is it going to be 45 feet or 40 feet? That could very well be. That could very well — he wants it to be higher. [laughter]

presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=111711

Critical hit.

See from march 10th.
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpolitistick.com%2Ftrump-flip-flops-on-border-wall-says-we-need-only-half-a-wall-because-of-natural-barriers%2F

>objectively, his fantasy projection of world affairs is most likely more accurate than the one cnn or fox news paints of the world
>you are delusional if all the world leaders meeting to make mock sacrifices to a giant owl isn't weird or doesn't matter, after all.

Don't be ridiculous. Just because he snuck into an event (whose existence and activities have previously been documented and written about) doesn't mean his delusional claims about world affairs are true.

Stating the wall will be smaller than anticipated and not cover certain areas isn't the same as stating "the wall is a fence".

Most likely he isn't building shit, he doesn't care about mexicans and he doesn't care about american jobs (lel)

Re-read what I said. a fence in SOME AREAS.

google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-WB-66602?responsive=y?client=safari

This is WSJ from nov 13 btw google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-WB-66602?responsive=y?client=safari

For real, there's nothing dogmatic about Trump's, "truth is whatever the fuck I feel like this week".

what do you think is more important, yearly meetings of politicians financial brokers, or debates of abortion and gay marriage every 4 years? just sayin' bro, nothing can go wrong if we give alex jones full security clearance and see what happens

Arguing about what Trump really said is pointless, the guy said everything and its opposite. Like the wall size ranged from the new great wall of china to a garden fence.

He also prolly doesn't care about abortion or any of the other dumb republican shit. Most likely he will just restrict inmigration and place proxy dictators in the middle east. Considering this and the fact that he's getting the upwards part of the economic curve I'd be willing to bet he's going to do just fine.

Perhaps, but his platform and the people he has surrounded himself are certainly not centrist. If he doesn't follow up his promises, he will simply dissapoint his voters and not get reelected. If he follows his promises, his presidency will be a mess and not get reelected. There's no way out.

Politics have radicalized due to increased diversity. As white American areas have been invaded by brown people, they've felt their identity threatened the same way that Southerners always have (like Mississippi, 38% black). Why do you think diverse countries all over the world are more unstable than homogenous ones?

For example, counties that saw the biggest increase in diversity in the rust belt states flipped for Trump, handing him his victories in Michigan and Wisconsin. Until leftist realize that their little multi-ethnic society experiment has failed everywhere else and will fail in the US too, things will continue to get worse regardless of crime rates or economic growth.

I can provide some sources if people want to read them.

>2020
>Trump half-assly restricts inmigration and the economy recovers somewhat
>Democrats present a trans mexican muslim as candidate
>Even then only 10% of mexicans go to vote as usual
>???
>Trump is crowned god-emperor

He's been more consistent than you'd think. His philosophy is start out big and work your way downward. Revelations that he's only going to deport 3 million criminals or he's keeping the good parts of Obamacare aren't shocking if you've been listing to what Trumps been actually saying.

Recovers somewhat from what? Unemployment is almost as low as it can get and the business cycle is unlikely to improve meaningfully in the next years.

Eliminate political parties. George Washington warned us about this shit.

>le jobs numbers have increased 2% this month!

it's like 1984

What?

>Unemployment is the only relevant economic indicator

Who are you quoting?

A lot of people voted for him under the promise of "he's going to give us jobs". If unemployment increases, he's going to look bad, there's no way around it.

>don't worry guys, we KNOW Trump will say anything to get elected but compromise once he gets elected, that's why he's so much smarter than these people who bought into his shtick and voted for him but I see through his act and voted for him anyway.
It is difficult to have trust in a leader who you believe has little moral agency to their policies

He's made it undeniably clear he'd compromise. You'd need to look past the 2 minutes of hate president Trump is constantly getting from the media to realize it.

> they've felt their identity threatened the same way that Southerners always have (like Mississippi, 38% black)
Wow I wonder whose fault that is.

Not to mention, if he goes through with tariffs, people with those shit jobs are going to see prices increase for the stuff they buy, and real wages go down, as they subsidize the creation of other shit jobs. And it still probably won't revitalize dead company towns with poor infrastructure.

fuck centrism

nationalize all of the oil they found in Texas and the Dakotas recently and NORDIC STYLE WELFARE STATE NAO*

W/strong borders

>making america even more centrist in it's politics
How about no.

>Wow I wonder whose fault that is.

Black people for selling their kin to arabs and Western Europeans?

2 party systems either veer towards centrism or constitutional crisis.

They did a good job forcing those whiteys to buy them and ship them to Mississippi.

this

Too bad republishits will just let Exxon get rich off of it while leaving scraps for oil drillers and Democrats will cry about muh environment.

>sell each other into slavery
>Centuries later fault Europeans for buying them

We're talking about Mississippi in particular has lots of blacks, not whites buying slaves in general. You for some reason think you can deflect using your standard method of blaming blacks for slavery. But that's not the point. The point is you whitey shit where you eat. Try again. You did this to yourself. No one forced you to buy slaves.

You're right it's really a shame we didn't genocide them all after the civil war.

Guess we'll have to wait for the day of the rope after Trump is inaugurated.

No one forced blacks to sell each other either. Western Europeans took advantage of an existing system of labor and later decided slavery was immoral and fought a civil war to end it. Now Mississippi is left with the descendants of slaves. Your the one who asked who's fault it was.

>No one forced blacks to sell each other either.
But that has nothing to do with whitey taking them to Mississippi and complaining why are there so many in Mississippi.

>Western Europeans took advantage of an existing system of labor and later decided slavery was immoral and fought a civil war to end it.
Yes, good for you, you decided to bring them to Mississippi, no one forced you to.

>Now Mississippi is left with the descendants of slaves.
Good job, blame the yanks when industrialization would have killed off slavery anyways.

>Your the one who asked who's fault it was.
I didn't ask whose fault slavery was. I asked whose fault it was for there being a lot of blacks in Mississippi.

You buy black people, you live with black people.

White people in the south chose to live with black people.

They don't claim that because they are retarded goyim who don't know about the NDAA.

>Buy slaves
>Use slaves
>North forces your slaves to not be slaves
>apparently you chose to live with blacks
I hope the current moral climate changes in future to acknowledge that the abolition of slavery and civil righta movement were terrible mistakes.

I imagine the future from here on is white societies collapsing due to their dogmatic equality moralities while Asia continues to advance and dominate with a morality focused around practicality.

india, which is predicted to become a major global player in the coming years easily refutes your claims.

Do amerilards really think they have a "far left" and a "far right?

We don't need centrism, we need leftism

this

I say it was the other way around

politics were pretty centered until Dubya showed up

>There exists a single cluster of ideas which constitute an acceptable nebula if thought, outside of which are bad ideas.
Jesus Christ. Where do you even draw this center? I hope for balkanization personally. Don't know why hicks and metrosexuals all need to live under one unified system when they are culturally unrelated