From 0 to Hero - Veeky Forums Edition

Alright Veeky Forums, the majority of you talk big or shill your selected coins harder than jews screw goys, so let's put you to the test.

I propose a challenge of sorts, which will prove just how good of investors you all really are.

The Challenge:
>Budget: $250
>Hardware: 1 Decent Laptop, 1 Decent Desktop PC, 1 Last Gen Smartphone

How do you start building your portfolios and getting profits?

Document your steps and why you'd do what you would do. This should help the newcomers and help get a discussion going.

This can be hypothetical, but for those of you with the balls to take the challenge with an actual investment, then this should be a fun experience covering the basics again.

We're not gonna do all your leg work for you faggot

I would start by putting all of my money into bitbean.

>buy gun
>find OP
>shoot OP for being a faggot
>take all of his assets, transfer them into my name
>profit

Put it all into eth it has to go up to 1000 by tomorrow so your fine.

I buy an eightball of cocaine, cut it, and sell it for over one weekend over the course of maybe two days.

Bam. I'm the best fucking investor in this mother fucking thread.

PUT ALL IN PASCAL THIS IS CODE BROWN %1000 BY TOMORROW I SWEARZ

That's a dumb question. With a small account like that you're limited to certain investment vehicles, all which are high risk and the majority of people lose money on. If you get good enough to trade up 250 to something decent by that time you're already an expert.
Unless you just bought some shilled coin on Veeky Forums and got lucky and made 3000% in a month. Which isn't investing or trading, that's more akin to gambling.
So if it's a test of skill you can discount the money and computers because those don't mean anything.

Sell the phone. Sell the Desktop. Buy RLC with the rest and cash out in a year.

This is pretty good shit, OP. We need more threads like this, and the balls to execute some ideas. Groincoins need their own board. Alright so 250 is starting funds, and hardware is limited to some light normie tech? Are we starting on a deserted island with wifi and cash or are we in a city with public transportation, access to banking and a place to live? Are we assuming all bills and rent and debt is taken care of and we are trying to lvl up with 250? Gimme more b8 to bite

So yeah. Give us more. Are we assuming all needs are met? Are we assuming no income whatsoever? And why arent we wagecucking and buying kneepads? Because if we are returning to basics you want an income. You should never invest what you arent willing to lose. 250 and some walmart-tier tech easily buys a last night on earth with a cumshot and gunshot. Which is as good a plan as any if you're looking to manage an investment portfolio but you cant feed yourself tomorrow.

Sigh. You've tickled my autism. I worked it out and Ive got you at $85,000 sure-fire but i have to go mingle with normies. If there's interest later i'll look at it again

Glad to see someone expressing proper interest. Here are some more details to help clarify the challenge and its goal.

>Details/Clarification:
>Location: First world country
>Extras: Proper Wi-Fi
>Expenses: Assume they are covered or are separate budgets which don't conflict with your investment.

The investment Budget and Hardware are your starting means towards making a profit.

>What you need to think about:
What steps will you take if you were to start with these means now? What would you chose to invest in, how much, why and such?

>Goal:
The point of all of this is to get you thinking outside of the box and playing around with limited means, so you can start laying foundations for a proper portfolio. By sharing your plan here, newcomers would be able to learn and established investors would be able to discuss with you.

Remember, whether you are an established investor or not, going back to square one helps.

Hope to hear your ideas.

>and hardware is limited to some light normie tech?

Wait, what kind of hardware are you all using?

With dropshipping i already did that in a month

>tfw I am so new I dont even know what dropshipping is

plz explain

dropshipping is when you sell products to a customer and buy that product from a supplier and have the supplier ship to the customer, eliminating your need for warehousing of the product.

but how does this make any sense in the context the other user used it ?

I'm interested, please

Are we starting with a car or no?

If so i would just buy a ladder and go around offering to clean gutters to build some capital. After i get enough of that i would start making some big boy investments.

Here is some advice for options trading. It would be better with more starting capital.

>use computer to learn about options
>investopedia and youtube are your best friends here
>learn different options strategies
>open account with low options commission
>practice on paper for approx 1 month
>really get to know the market, options strategies, and grow paper account
>when really comfortable, move to real
>take high probability trades, close to expiration, do debit instead of credit right now
>butterfly seems the cheapest strategy requiring the least buying power.
>make small gains until you can ramp up.
>be safe, only do what you're willing to risk
>be careful for earnings reports, do an At The Money straddle when they come around for a quick buck.
>when you have enough capital, become options seller
>do iron condors and limit your risk in high probability trades, close to expiration.
>trade weeklys, use same strategies
>always remember to think thoroughly when placing a trade.
>options is a game of math and stats, use these to gove you the highest possibility of success.

Now go make those sweet gainz.

>Are we starting with a car or no?
The goal of this is to keep it as realistic as possible, I'd say that it really dependent on you. If you currently drive/own a car, then that can be something to consider as part of your scenario to utilize.

The Budget and Hardware I listed are easily available to almost anyone, which is the point of working with them.

The point is to be able to think about how to realistically make something from almost nothing.

By sharing and discussing methods and ideas (preferably as detailed as possible), you'll be able to help newcomers and maybe come up with some new ideas to try yourself.

>offering to clean gutters to build some capital.
That isn't a bad idea if you have the time to invest and could beat out the local gutter cleaner competition in terms of pricing and quality.

>start making some big boy investments
Feel free to share what scope you consider Big Boy Investments and what field/company you consider investing a worthwhile sum into.

I want to see some results from this thread

bump

Very shrewd post. Your strategy roadmap definitely seems like a relatively safe and sound option for up-and-coming investors.

Bets of all, it fits within the challenge's budget and hardware limitations and allows the person applying it to get a taste of the market at minimal exposure.

Quality stuff, user!

Thanks user. Hopefully someone else will post some quality shit so I can learn from it. Good thread OP.

Quality post user. Appreciate it

This

Eventually, If you own long term position stocks you can write covered calls on them