ITT: Prevent world war 1

ITT: Prevent world war 1
You can be a single dude, in any government in any position, at any time, you're not a psychic and don't know the future.

King Zog of Albania.

What do?

I kill Franz Josef I asap.

>be wilhelm II
>keep Bismark as chancellor, cuz he's fly af
>solidify relashionships with the brits
>tell filthy franz josef to fuck off
>give back lothringen to the froggies, keep elsass.
>become a parliamentary monarchy
>become allies with belgium
>if france goes full retard and decides to declare war on me i'll follow through the schliffen plan, but with belgium's support.
>if shit hits the fan in the balkans, remain neutral, not that i would have much to win there.
>try helping ottoshits by sending tham books and such.

be ferdinand
drink super hard the night before and dont go out the next day

>be Tsar Nicolas II
>don't mobilize against Austria-Hungary

If the onus of pulling Europe into War can be fixed to any ONE man it would be Nicolas II and his decision to mobilize turning an isolated region conflict into a world war.

>Wilhelm II or Bethmann Hollweg
>don't give Austria a blank cheque, tell them to accept Serbia's response to their ultimatum
Or:
>be Franz Joseph or Berchtold
>give Serbia a reasonable list of demands

If Germany hadn't have mobilized and just let Russia crush Austria-Hungary it would have stayed isolated too. They could even have grabbed Greater Germany at that point

>If Germany hadn't have mobilized

Germany was compelled to mobilize by Russia's mobilization due to its doctrine. They knew as much when Wilhelm II personally begged the Tsar that mobilization would invariably lead to an escalation that nobody could arrest. Austria-Hungary's mobilization against Serbia posed no threat whatsoever to Russia (nor did Russia even have an official alliance with Serbia) and could have halted without exposing itself to danger German had no such luxury.

Russians and Serbs as slav bro's tho so fat chance of that habbenin.

ensure that Ferdinand's driver is included in the meeting before the convoy out of town so that the convoy takes the correct route rather than passing by the cafe where the edgy teen had given up hope on the secret club.

Annihilate the entire Serb race and save mankind so much suffering and misery.

I pick Rurik.

My first move is to kill myself and save the world from the Russian blight.

>serbs
>slavs

>Conrad Von Hotzendorf
>Your Majesty, the Serbians were really accommodating and diplomatic about this, we should accept their proposal to our ultimatum.

>also, our armies are in no state to fight a war against anyone

>just give the Slavs a third crown already Jesus.

>just give the Slavs a third crown already Jesus.
Fuck that.

I'd rather Austria go down swinging and get destroyed than give in to barbarians.

they went down swinging in the austro-prussian war and give into the barbarians anyways in 1867. then once prussia snapped up the south german states, they were basically a walking corpse in the long run. only a third crown could save it.

1. be Wilhelm II
2. be allied with Russia rather than Austria
3. ???
4. A truely united Germany, great Serbia, Great Greece
5. No gommunism

Hungarians are cool tho.

>only a third crown would save it
Or federalization. Or putting an end to the nationalism meme once and for all.

i suppose, i think i might be influenced by some contemporary sources on them. i remember reading something from the berlin conference(1878)...

"Particularly in Hungary the dissastisfaction caused by this 'adventure' has reached the gravest proportions, prompted by that strong conservative instinct which animates the Magyar race and is the secret of its destinies. This vigorous and exclusive instinct explains the historical phenomenon of an isolated group, small in numbers yet dominating a country inhabited by a majority of peoples of different races and conflicting aspirations, and playing a role in European affairs out of all proportion to its numerical importance or intellectual culture."

every so often you forget the role of social darwinism at the time until, boom, its in your face

as to federalization, it would work but under what plausible circumstance? certainly not while franz josef I was alive, not a chance at all. perhaps under franz ferdinand had franz josef died earlier i suppose, but that man was powered by pure spite.

>butthurt

non nations do that i guess

I got 2 scenarios
>be wilhelm II
>don't sack Bismarck
>keep an alliance with Russia
>let Austria fade away

>be franz joseph
>federalize in 1848
>hungarians can't piss off the south slavs that way with their assimilation policies
>serbs remain friendly, and may even opt to join the federation

>serbs remain friendly, and may even opt to join the federation

Serbian King Milan Obrenović offered Serbia to Austrians but they refused.

He acted like an Austrian proxy most of the time.
Serbia didn't have many quarrels with Austria before 1903 (or 06 if you consider the embargo).
Austria was Serbia's largest trading partner.
Serbia was represented at the congress of Berlin in 1878 by Austria.
Building of the Serbian railways was instigated by Austria.
However i'd like to know where exactly did he offer outright unification (IIRC it's not in the secret convention of 1881)

>invent nuke
>throw nuke on germany

Rus was OK. I am unsure iv Ivan IV was Rurikovich or if Romanovs were.

Obrenović never offered unification. He was just guided by the realpolitik ideas of playing with the cards he was given so he tightened Serbia's relationship with Austria instead of insisting on an age old dogma of "lol le Russki and Serbs brothers" because he saw that the Russians wanted to buttfuck Serbia in the pussy and have it become part of Bulgaria.

Of course since Serbs are retarded monkeys they went REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REMOVE KRAUT WE WANT RUSSKI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE so they killed off the Obrenović family and replaced them with the retarded Karadjordjević family and destroyed their country for all eternity.

Basically slavs gonna slav.

No need to be an aggressive memer about it.
Karadjordjevici were a mistake.
Also, Russia was probably involved in the assassination.
However the actual reason for it was that Alexander married him mom's divorced handmaiden that couldn't have children.

>single dude
wow, sexist much?!?

>giving the French land and expecting them to appreciate it instead of seeing it as a sing of weakness from your part

Fire Alexander Izvolsky before he does anything stupid.

I'm Franz Ferdinand himself.

>You know what, maybe I will just back off and let those sun-baked slavs figure their shit out. We've got enough territory as it is and struggling to keep together. We probably don't need more feisty uncivilized brutes shitting up our lovely metropoles.
>let's go back to Vienna and eat some cake

Be Austrian, don't don't make idiotic demands of Serbia, conflict avoided.

nice quads friendo

Also federalize.

>>if shit hits the fan in the balkans, remain neutral, not that i would have much to win there.
chance to contain the influence of Rossiya

>be Franz Ferdinand
>Hire a competent driver

The four headed God gets quads.

This, Russia brought everyone who wasn't involved into the war. It's their fault

It baffles me how the fuck Austria was able to retain their empire for so long. It was a real estate portfolio that the Habsburg dynasty acquired through marriage, war, and treaty.

The only thing that most of Austria's subjects had in common were that they were Catholic (about 76%). Franz Josef had to rule over 12 million Germas, nearly 20 million Slavs, 10 million Hungarians, and nearly 4 million Romanians. How the fuck did they NOT comprehend Franz Ferdinand's plans in Trialism? They had to give some autonomy to the Slavs in the long-run.

It was everyone's fault except Belgium's. They were the only nation that had no stake in the Balkans quarrel or Alliance system.

If the Kaiser hadn't taken his cruise during July and actually pressured Austria to restrain itself and undergo an international conference like Britain suggested, the whole damn war would've been avoided.

Sometimes, I wish I can find the graves of Gavrilo Princip and the other assholes involved with the assassination plot and shit on them.

Random question: are Kolovrats associated with neo-nazis? Because they're cool fucking symbols, and it would just break my heart if they were yet another thing ruined by those fuckfaces.

>Be king of Greece
>dont be cucked by my German wife
>accept Entente Offer
>Open Balkan Front much Earlier and BTFO the Bulgarians and Turks
>end the war years earlier

Even if you avoid WWI from breaking out in 1914, a major conflict between the major European powers was bound to happen sooner or later. There was just too much tension built up. France would never give up on Alsace-Lorraine, Germany was fearful of being encircled by the Russo-French alliance, Britain didn't like the expansion of German naval power.

The only thing to do is diffuse it to a regional Balkans war between Austria-Hungary, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Albania, and Greece. No UK, France, Russia, or Germany involved.

>trying diplomacy with the perfidious Albion
>breaking relations with Austria
>ceding land to France while they still covet more of your land you recently took from them
>not realizing that this transfer would piss off every junker and be disastrous for your popularity
>becoming a memearchy
>becoming allies with a non-country
>implying the non-existent country would even want to partake in anything with you, knowing that if they did, their country would become a battleground in the next war
>giving Turkey books?? nice même about kebab

Britain actually wanted to have an Anglo-German alliance, but Bismarck wanted to include Austria so it got nixed.

Germany can't afford to break relations with Austria because they're the only loyal ally they have left in Europe. I do agree that they shouldn't ally with them and make plans to acquire as much German-speaking lands into the Reich once Austria collapses from internal pressure and/or external factors.

Ceding Alsace-Lorraine in a dramatic show of a plebiscite might earn French goodwill, but it also might make people think Germany is weak. You have to sell it that the Germans don't want to have this borderland full of strategic fortresses and iron reserves somehow.

Honestly, the only feasible way to prevent WWI from ever happening is if the 1848 revolutions caused the divided German states to unify through peaceful democratic elections instead of the Franco-Prussian War.

only good answer

If Greece joined the Allies at the start, it's very possible Turkey and Bulgaria won't join the Entente. At the very least, they'll be neutrals. This also means Romania would join sooner possibly.

At the very least, Russia has a life-line to send her wheat and other goods to the world. The Russian Revolution might not happen. Italy would also jump ship with the Allies too in 1914.