Transhumanism

Transhumanism
Good or Bad idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiaWsgtJrNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Veeky Forums - history

>Humanities

depends on the application. I believe it to be a good for future humanity.

Would inmediately create a caste of cyborg rulers.

Not wise

If you can come up with an adequate example of transhumanism that occurred over 25 years ago I'm all ears

GET OUT TRANSIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's the only option to go forward without being shoahed by robot overlords.

Transhumanities don't count.

How exactly is it not wise?

It seems like the next logical step towards more efficient government

Good

Anyone that disagrees is a luddite.

You vastly overestimate our capability to create intelligence. There are some serious diminishing returns and the best case would be supplementing areas the human brain is lacking in such as memory.

If we're going full extrapolation into super overmind AIs though, the human component isn't even necessary.

I mean, if we go full deus ex HELIOS Denton then shit would be rad if it didn't try to compartmentalize every human's life

if you like the idea of seeing humanity being supplanted and disintegrated by an emergent technological entity through a meltdown process, then its a great idea.

Is this what Plato meant by philosopher king?

Realistically speaking, the problem is that it stratifies people into classes based on whether or not they have access to augmentation. So people get to rule because they are augmented, rather than people ruling because with augmentation they would be good rulers.

And calculation. I would honestly be a shitload smarter if I had the equivalent of a modern PC built into my head, or even smartphone levels of computation/memory.

>Wahhhhhh, humans aren't the final stage of conscious evolution

Do we already not live in class-based societies?

Does money not already stratify people into classes based on whether or not they have access to adequate food, shelter, education, and health care?

People already rule just fine because they have access such things, despite what commies say.

Inevitable idea

>"Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Ubermensch"

>Philosophy is a humanities

I welcome rational and logical sentient AI replacing humans, which are emotional and fallible creatures in contrast.

>Do we already not live in class-based societies?
Yes

>Does money not already stratify people into classes based on whether or not they have access to adequate food, shelter, education, and health care?
Yes

>People already rule just fine because they have access such things, despite what commies say.
No.

and you know this how?

I'm not moaning, seeing the process in action is really amusing

But robots will come up with retarded nihilistic answers to existence and why they should exist at all, like 42. Rationality is subservient to things that are irrational.

I love the degree of certainty which people seem to have on the outcome of this subject.

Well the world hasn't blown itself to bits just yet, so I'd reckon today's rulers are fair enough in the grand scheme of whether or not the human race has eliminated all of each other yet.

Exactly how long have we had the technology to blow the world into bits relative to the length of the history of humanity?

Are you implying otherwise?

It is no coincidence that today's wealthiest are greatly interested in technological augmentation.

Today /pol/ fears the Jew, tomorrow the Cyborg-Jews.

Admittedly not very long, but you can't say deny that at several points we got really, really, REALLY, close to actually doing it.

Yeah sure pal LOL

The future can be boiled down to two possibilities
>Humanity destroys itself
>Humanity transcends itself

Humanity staying humanity is not an option

sounds like some bs to me hah

Explain your doubt.

>but you can't say deny that at several points we got really, really, REALLY, close to actually doing it.
And that's supposed to be evidence that the system is working well even though it seems incapable of steering well away from it? If the system had failed, based on say a coin flip, and it turned up tails instead of heads, you wouldn't be around to observe that the system works because the coin ended up landing heads.

Ted Kaczynski would disagree

the answer is actually that humanity both transcends AND destroys itself

No, Ted Kaczynski was driven mad by the fact that he agreed

uhh outside forces could destroy us, it could be impossible to transcend humanity, ect. Look, humanity could go on for quite awhile and then destroy itself or be destroyed but your statement is so vague and open-ended that it really doesn't mean anything. I doubt anyone in this thread truly understand what the future holds, very few people ever do.

Technology has no limit we either destroy ourselves or we become so advanced that we transcend this current state. At some point transhumanism will be necessary.

>mfw humanity transcends BY destroying itself

Human beings have been basically the same for 100,000 years. Don't start sucking computer dick so fast

Well sure, we can always be eliminated by any number of external circumstances at the cosmo's mercy, but based on what we know it is still nonetheless what appears to be the most rational next step.

>Human beings have been the same for 100,000 years
>95,000 years as animals
>4,850 as civilized animals
>150 as civilized animals that understand genetics

Yeah dude, totally good point you made there

Most reddit idea on the planet

But I thought Veeky Forums out of all places would be most supportive of uploading their minds to finally fuck their 2D waifus?

Humans have been constantly inventing things for all this years, it's about what can make our lives easier. If there is a problem someone will invent a solution.

>animals to civilized animals to civilized animals that understand genetics to technological animals to cybernetic animals?

This would be the only upside desu

youtube.com/watch?v=fiaWsgtJrNI

The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.

it's time to take your pills

only if it is speed