Can a medieval knight with full equipments win against a Bengal tiger or a Kodiak bear ?

Can a medieval knight with full equipments win against a Bengal tiger or a Kodiak bear ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_spear
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>full equipments

Does it include a horse, a lance, a bow and arrows?

In my armchair opinion, no, because the tiger and bear are much larger and stronger.

Bone can't pierce steel

Well eventually it probably could but by that time the knight would probably have already put dagger on the animals neck.

it doesn't need to pierce it to inflict sufficient blunt trauma to kill

>Bone can't pierce steel

It doesn't have to, Warhammers could break bone protected by plate by brunt force alone.

Yes.

I dont think the issue would be blunt damage since tigers and bears dont have hammers anyway. The issue would be more if they can grab a good hold onto the knight they could rip body parts off or dislokate them by shaking them a lot.

What era?
How wealthy is the knight?
What type of equipment?

Either way, a dude with a regular spear could conceivably win with a LOT of luck, and so could the knight.
But honestly, if you're going to give him a shield and a sword (Or a spear, or really... just any melee weapon) he's pretty fucking boned.
The bear can literally crush him to death, and the tiger can swat him about with enough force to give him concussions while it figures out a way to open the armour.

Sure, he COULD win, but, again, so could a dude with a fucking flint spear.

Yes, just let the animal try to bite down on your armour and stab it a bunch of times with your rondel dagger.

Either knight easily kills them/scares them away, or in worst possibility he will get overwhelmed and will... wait till animal gets bored, as tiger/bear don't have fucking tools to get through the armour. In not-Hollywood reality steel is kinda hard you know.

Wouldn't getting mauled by a bear dent the armour and have it cave in on your chest?
Kodiak bears can weigh up to 675 kg (1500 pounds).

like, in an arena? the knight would destroy those animals. I think people who think otherwise overestimate the power of these animals. unless the knight is very unlucky and drops their sword or something, they are going to be able to stab the shit out of these animals because of their armor, even if they get tackled or injured. no matter what, the end game for these animals is to wrestle, and something covered in steel with a three foot long sharp object is going to annihilate in this situation.

what would be a closer fight I think is something like a rhinocerus, hippo, bull, moose, elephant. a massive heavy charging/trampling animal.

I think I'd rather still see a knight fight a tiger, though.

>what would be a closer fight I think is something like a rhinocerus, hippo, bull, moose, elephant. a massive heavy charging/trampling animal.

Generally speaking, humans are fairly competent against that sort of thing.

A knight could probably take a tiger. But a bear would just smash the shit of any knight on foot. It would be like beating a tin of baked beans with a claw hammer.

If we say that full equipment for a knight includes a horse and lance though then he might have a chance, if he was lucky enough to meet a bear on open ground and not in a forest or something.

Although I don't know why a knight would be stupid enough to turn up to fight a wild animal with equipment designed for killing humans. A sensible knight would use a long spear with a large crossbar - a boar spear would probably do. That's how people usually hunted bears, along with javelins and bows.

I can't find the image, but I've seen a manuscript from the 1500s of a man bear hunting in plate armor with a dagger.

Even if that bear is 10 times stronger than human (and almost certainly it isn't, strength don't scale that way), it would not be enough to damage armour. The fact, that paw is bigger than fist doesn't help either.
Also, animals don't hunt that way (by repeatably hitting something), and by same logic they don't successfully attack cars. Destroying car would be probably easier than damaging steel armour.
If you can't visualize that, you can watch one of these meme videos "hippo doesn't care, hippo has places to go"

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_spear

sinew can't melt steel mail

Just because some faggot can prance around a bull that doesn't mean he could also kill that bull.

Best answer and dubs

>prance around a bull
>but this time when the bull goes past, stab it
wew that was hard

Getting mauled by one of those paws is essentially the same as getting hit by a sledge hammer

Best answer right here

I'm not the only who finds the whole stab the bull a bunch of times before he faces the human a bit unsavoury right?

On the subject of the Kodiak Bear :

Anyone thinking a knight would stand a chance is just pure crazy.

The knight has one chance : Kill the bear on the first strike. Once that spear pierces the bear it's going to go full flip-out mode until it bleeds to death.

People here are underestimating the strength of Kodiak bears. They can easily flip a 4x4 truck in 0.5 seconds. They would literally just snap the enlodged spear in half with 1 hit, then swat the knight in armour like a fly/knocking them out.

Hunting small european black bears with your gang of royal friends and dogs is not the same as a 1v1 with a super pissed off kodiak grizzly bear.

>Based his knowledge purely on fantasy game warbears

He's not wrong. I wouldn't go as far to say knight wouldn't stand a chance, but one swipe from the bear floors the knight and then he's fucked.

Tiger maybe, but a full sized bear probably not, you don't need to split the armor open you just need to deliver enough force to crack their skull open, never underestimate the strength of a grown bear, especially when it's in danger/pissed

Yes. People used to hunt these animals before the invention of firearms.

Not to mention Romans and their gladiatorial games

A single spear man can solo them.