/brg/ - Battlerite general

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP arena brawler from the same company that made Bloodline Champions.

>Latest patchnotes
blog.battlerite.com/patch-1-2-0-frozen-mists/#more-2064

>Roadmap for 2017-2018
battlerite.com/newera/

>Check your BR profile
battlerite-stats.com/

>Character builds
loadouts.gg

>Get your free shit
pastebin.com/0zTkhPkd (embed)

>Newbie guides
pastebin.com/4tS737Y9 (embed)
pastebin.com/wTZaSWcs (embed)

>/brg/ player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5gY7yqfr7KmqQv5p4N65fLruYr9rnkm-ZHFcKLXxLs/edit#gid=973992834
>Add yourself
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd89zBULnDGRC__t4vtR_9qPUJXR9stQpDUAYw9zLgmO32KWA/viewform

>Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/battlerite_gamepedia_en/8/8a/VO_Nomad_Taunt_2.mp3
dictionary.com/browse/exaggerate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dabbing is fucking gay
dabbing died in 2018, let it rest in piss

Do you like playing cancer user

>But
d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/battlerite_gamepedia_en/8/8a/VO_Nomad_Taunt_2.mp3

>(embed) (embed)
yah fucked up

>Taya against mongo

Ashka is a pretty cool guy

Why does it feel like people have NO FUCKING IDEA what Iva's design supposed to be? I've heard people in here say that she's a dwarf, she's engineer from TF2 of all places instead of BLC, now she is supposed to be a sniper? She uses a SHOTGUN and her ult is a MACHINE GUN.

She's named "The Scavenging Inventor". She's makes her weapons out of shit from a scrapyard. Kind of like Junkrat is supposed to be, except Iva is a white trailer trash granny from the south. All of her weapons are shittily made and only half work. The jet pack is wobbly as fuck and spews oil everywhere, the taser only has one/two charges, and the machine gun is fucking crank powered. Also most of her abilities fire from the same overmodified gun. If I'm not mistaken, she also has a fucking fan attached to the back of her backpack to power shit like her taser and tractor beam. A fucking fan is somehow steampunk. The backpack is so huge because it probably has all of her shit inside of it because she's likely a nomad in the outer realms. I'm pretty sure they got rid of the lore but that makes sense to me, even if it is cartoony and worse in design compared to Junkrat.

Her being entirely covered is kind of questionable of a decision designwise I suppose. But what if it was supposed to be a lore decsion? What exactly are the outer realms anyway? Based on what she looks like, I would expect it to be wastelandy with dust tornados and shit. If that's the case, it would make sense to be all covered up. Honestly though, if her legendary showed her face I doubt it would be that much of a problem from that perspective. The problem I'd assume there would be from having the granny character always having her face revealed is that you have to make a choice between making her uncharacteristically hot or make her ugly and run the risk of losing out on waifufag appeal. Then people will use her to say this game has ugly characters.

junkyard gypsy, user

>Really like Bakko's Blood Banner skins
>Really don't like playing Bakko
>Tempted to force myself to play him till I like him just because I like the skins so much
I have a problem

Also for the record, it's extremely easy to say "This orc looks like a copy of the most well known and most popular orc in fiction" and no one will disagree because that's just how popular shit works.

To me, he looks absolutely nothing like Garrosh other than "It's an orc with orc features". Maybe to you it does because you actually care about WoW/Warcraft but I don't. That's just how it goes when you end up placing one example as the end all be all of orcs, they will all look like shittier versions of it.

I don't really like Destiny's design so I guess I can agree with you there.
Except she's not a gypsy at all? Do you even know what a gypsy is or do you think "Gypsies wear lots of cloth so that means she's a gypsy"?

She's a frickin Jawa, from Starwars. Gods you guys are underage.

How am I supposed to play Bakko exactly? Am I supposed to focus on the axes? Should I just be constantly dogging people or shielding my team with War Shout and Bulwark? I don't really get it.

At what point should you move on from the tutorial champ?

When you get enough coins to buy Blossom

He's best at peeling and his axe throw does decent pressure. He is best used defensively when they have someone diving to counter or to push people out of position away from their team offensively.

What rites should I go with?

The blue hair was a really bad call because it doesn't really make sense that she has it. Nobody associates dyed hair with soldiers or sailors, and it doesn't even really work for fantasy warriors outside of the most J of JRPGs. No matter how much you try to believe it, your brain knows that its not a natural hair color, and it just looks weird.

Contrast that with characters like Jinx from LoL, who is obviously very punk and it makes sense that her hair is dyed. Zarya from Overwatch is another example: she's an ugly butch dyke lesbian, so naturally she would dye her hair.

But why would a cyborg robot super soldier from space dye their hair? Doesn't really make any sense and seems like a glaring visual design fuck up. The same could be said for Alysia; use any of her recolors that make her hair blonde or brown and you'll immediately see how much better the character looks.

Depends on comp, you can't to wrong with increased distance on E and axe throw heals. The rest dependa on comp but againest melee, expect to swing your axe a lot so getting CD reduction on Bulwak is god

>OP with shitty dab and copied embed
seems legit

dude nigger stop being autistic she's a pinball wizard not your gay soldier cuck fetish it makes sense stop consuming soy

I have enough for Blossom and I even have her kitty skin.

I know what a Jawa is. I mean at best, it makes more sense than calling her a gypsy but that still doesn't make any sense because she's only short because she's a little old lady and she speaks with a country drawl.
You're reading way too much into the dyed hair thing here at least with Destiny's case. She's like that because she's supposed to be a gaymer gurl and that's about it. I can suspend my disbeleif for this because it's not supposed to be realistic or based off of a particular archetype or setting that requires her to not have dyed hair or something. It's just "We're making an unrealistic character, let's give her blue hair.
If you want to complain about Destiny having dyed hair, then complain about why Alysia wears skin tight clothes despite being an ice person and why Poloma wears both an extremely large cloak with a hood that look like they're supposed to protect her against the cold but has an exposed midriff.

Also in particular to Alysia, her entire design is just lazy in general. None of her recolors look good at all and I'd rather say that she looks best in her original outfit even if it's shit.

>low rank mongo support gets top score
>brags about carrying higher ranks than him

can we just remove supports completely.

>it's a raigon without teleport on E battlerite
>spacing in and dying in 5sec
what a waste of time

You know, call me autistic or something but I really fucking hate it when people decide to call things random shit. He's literally jumping into the air. How is that a teleport?

It's like when people call any form of CC a "stun" for some reason. Like are you seriously retarded?

You stopped playing because main parts of any multiplayer game - ranked and MM is pure shit. I stopped too.

why on earth would you want that
they carry you

Every woman in this game has the most annoying voices and BM winquotes I've ever seen in a game, how do you people stand it?

>mongo support

probably sirius

We don't.
Specially Pearl, her design screams "annoying midget cunt".

SLS has horrible taste, you'll get used to it or just alt-tab before match starts and on the winning screen

>28 damage
>slaps you with R
>28 damage
>counters you
>28 damage
>"support"

I stand it because I'm not a thin skinned baby. They're not that bad and the only ones I would say are really BM are Taya and Pearl, which are 100000000% intentional. Coincidentally, I like both of them.

I honestly don't know how anything with that amount of damage and mobility can be considered support.

"Support" doesn't mean "le heal slut :3"
They're actual characters of their own that can act independently from their team instead of being a crutch for girls and trannies.

WAHH MY WAIFU CHARACTERS AREN'T WAIFU ENOUGH AND THEY'RE MEAN WAHHHHH

You don't have to be a thin skinned babby to hate all but one of the female characters going "WOOOOAAAHHH BRO U SUCK I POOP ON U KID" every game and those being their only 2 lines. It's grating.

dictionary.com/browse/exaggerate

Yes, generally people like it when the waifu characters are likable.

is there a debuff on lucie that match you with complete retard whenever you pick her?

The only one that is BM is pearl
God damn

no it's just you

Not only their VA but the entirety of Pearl and Blossom is the most annoying fucking experience in this game.

>Gonna try and pin her down
>Silence
>Jump
>Jump
>Counter
>Bubble x2
>Silence

>"TIHIHIHI PATHETIC"
>"LOOOOOSEEEER"

Yeah, no.

They are all annoying though.
Except Jade, who is just ridiculously edgy.

>Russian stream revealed the new hero
He's name is Zander the Mirror Mage

it's funny that russian community is 999% more active than english one.

>f2p game
>russian flooding in

woah...

>Enter arena where everyone has to kill each other to win
>"wtf you hurt my feelings with your mean words"
lol
Pearl is literally the anti mongo support. That's exactly her niche. If there's any support you don't want to focus, it's Pearl. The fact that she pisses you off is pretty fucking funny since I'm sure one of those exact Raigon or Croak players she's great at fucking with when they mindlessly go in on her. Especially since you're actually dying TO Pearl in order to hear either of those quotes.

>Getting mad at Pearl
Pathetic

i meant CMs in russian community you dumbfuck

>Mage
so, another ranged?

>BM Quote so long it goes into the next round

I play Ruh Kaan exclusivelly so no, that doesn't even come close to my pain.

When a fucking midget has a 1.4s stun that fucks your shit up from afar while you are trying to not whiff your shitty animation with a dose of EPIC 0.8s SILENCE it makes you reconsider why the fuck do you even bother playing this game.

I think he was rumored to be a support but he could just as easily be a ranged.
Seriously, just stop focusing her alone.

>Let Pearl alone
>Nobody loses a inch of their hp bars for the entirety of the match

If the fucking healslut trinity of supports didn't have permaheals maybe they could be easier to deal with.

>Play against Pearl+Destiny
>You are a ranged champion

BOI do I love when all my skills are rendered useless by 1 (one) single skill.
We used to call this "The Yasuo Effect" back in league

Imagine being so shitty that you start complaining about an unpopular character being way too strong.

>Getting the orb against pearl
>Your a range character

>X character isn't popular
>So don't talk about it
She's weak in 3s but a monster in 2s

You're not talking about it though, you're just crying that she's too strong. Apparently she's just as strong as Sirius, Poloma, and Blososm by the way you think she makes the game completely unwinnable.

Are you talking about Pearl? She is pretty strong. I wouldn't say she's as bullshit as other characters but she's underrated if anything.

>Apparently she's just as strong as Sirius, Poloma, and Blososm by the way you think she makes the game completely unwinnable.
She is just as strong as each of the character you mentioned
>Extremely good mid control
>Base kit all about peeling
>Bubbles have knockback to them that you can use to self peel a melee
>SILENCED that is aoe
>Really good Orb control for a support can 3 shot the orb
>Charged m1 have no cd so you can shoot a regular one right after
>Has a cleanse on her R
>Ult is extremely deadly if it hits.

What the fuck are you even saying.

People are just memeing about her kit and VA for fuck sake the shitters in this general literally will not let ANYBODY INSULT THEIR FUCKING MAIN.

Grow a pair or something my dude.

>People are just memeing
How do you explain this then Apparently if you say something is extremely or really good that makes it true.

So, people cannot debate or throw some insight about a champion in any way or form or what?

Everything that user said is on point, does it mean she is OH GOD TIER S NERF NOW? No.
Does it mean she is a annoying cunt design and gameplay wise?
Yes.

>Everything that user said is on point
So you're saying the part where he says that Pearl is just as strong as an S tier character like Sirius is on point? Because that's exactly what he said with "She is just as strong as each of the character you mentioned".
>does it mean she is OH GOD TIER S NERF NOW? No.
So she's just as strong as an S tier character but shes not an S tier character. Makes sense.

>Sirius
>S character

What in the actual fuck.

If Sirius is not an S character and neither are Blossom or Poloma, then who the fuck is? Thorn?

Your missing a few things
>Has the rawest form of healing
>Each charge has heals for 21 and carries 3 charges
>Can burst heal someone for 63 heal
>Bubbles have a 50% Snare on them so if you want to go through it your gonna be snared
>20 damage m1 from rippling waters
>This works with charged staffed for 27 damage
>Sirirus
>S tier
Who the fuck told you that lie
Poloma and Destiny
Thorn is has lots of utility but he's not OP please nerf he's just good against ranged and supports and can force shit out of people.

Ok, I feel like you are kinda new to this game or this general.
Lemme tell you that the actual S characters are
>Poloma
>Thorn
>Destiny

Other characters may or may not be equally good in certain situations but those 3 overperform at any situation with any composition.

I listed Sirius, Poloma, and Blossom. If I'm wrong about Sirius, then he's still saying that Pearl is just as strong as Poloma who is an S character. I hope you're not just going to completely forget about that because I said Sirius instead.

Who even said she is as strong as Poloma lmao

Blossom bullshit is her EX tree
Poloma is the best support in the game and is stupidly hard to punish if your melee
Thorn was broken but he's been nerfed 4 fucking times. What the fuck do you want from him his Husk to root you instead of doing 10 damage?

Its hyperbole you uncultured swine.

Are you fucking serious? Right fucking here >">Apparently she's just as strong as Sirius, Poloma, and Blososm by the way you think she makes the game completely unwinnable.
She is just as strong as each of the character you mentioned"

>What the fuck do you want from him his Husk to root you instead of doing 10 damage?
Ah I remember that from BLC
Thank fuck that isn't a rite and its just thorns only shit that would be aggravating

You misunderstood that user.
She is as good as those 3 but not in every situation.

>Play pearl in 2s
>Can literally walk up to the middle and say this shit is mine
>Play in 3s
>I can't barely keep a motherfucker alive
God damn pearl is a selfish support

>He said verbatim that Pearl is just as strong as Poloma
>NO NO NO YOU'RE JUST MISUNDERSTANDING HIM, HE ACTUALLY MEANT TO SAY THAT SHE'S ONLY AS STRONG AS HER BUT NOT IN EVERY SITUATION EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER HINTED AT THAT AT ALL AND I MADE IT UP SO I DON'T HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I'M WRONG

>YOU HAVE TO PLAY THESE 2 SUPPORTS IF YOU WANT TO WIN OR YOU'LL GIMP YOURSELF

user I have been arguing with you for 15 mins now and you seem to have autism.
You probably main Pearl and the amount of butthurt you have atm is flooding through my screen so good day sir and choke on a dick.

I think Pearl as a support is fine she has weakness that can easily be exploited.
>Space is extremely telegraphed and when she uses it she's extremely vulrenable
>One of her knockbacks is tied to her counter which can easily be played around
>Her ex skills are extremely situational and could be better
She's bullshit don't get me wrong but its fair bullshit poloma on the other hand is just bullshit to the point where she might have to be reworked

>play Sirius to get better
>since my puny non-charged autoattacks deal 8 damage I'm forced to play the game slowly and non-mongo
>actually start noticing mistakes and opportunities to get full value out of all of my abilities
>the space counter sirius thing is on a golden plate in my mind beside a "do not do" sign
>this trend continues
>get better and better at the game
>apply the sirius learnings to other heroes
>my general performance drastically improves
>go from silver to plat in less than 3 days
>all thanks to sirius

I'm never going to escape plat if I keep getting these OP Polomas in my game!

Wow she missed everything and then didnt heal herself after she disengaged, this truly is a good indication of balance.

>since my puny non-charged autoattacks deal 8 damage I'm forced to play the game slowly and non-mongo
>actually start noticing mistakes and opportunities to get full value out of all of my abilities
>apply the sirius learnings to other heroes
I did the same thing and god extremely better, once you notice little nuances on some players it gets even easier
>Wasted otherside at the start to dodge an easy strike
>Freya could have easily countered it
>Wasted her Space to heal and spaces in a bad position
>Missed Panic
She acted like a complete baboon and got punished for it

>Plays like a retard
>She's so OP GUIS XD

man this thread is bad today

Its Veeky Forums when we wanna discuss something its usually through calling each other names or greentext.
on the rare occasions we do discuss something it's usually about ashka I don't know why but ashka is just a topic /brg/ just talks about

IS IT TIME?!

Always
Post your ashka builds and why you like it
I always replace magma for The Flamestrike Q if I have someone who can set it up or supports who have no outs or prone to not having outs when they go in or out ie Pearl/Sirius/Pestilus
I've been trying out combustion over inspiration against Blossom/Pesti And I really like it

This happens to me when I play Varesh but it's so incredibly frustrating when I do make those mistakes that I don't really think I'm learning anything. It's ether I'm top damage or I do 100 damage per round because I couldn't hit anything. I was hoping that playing him more would help me with my aim but I don't know if it is. Do I just need 1000 games with him in order for it to have any effect?

I like to play safe and have orb control for unlimited R potential.
Also a good coordinated Q+Thorn/Bakko is devastating on a team.

I'm glad to know that my mains actually make people mad with their dialogue. I think they're both endearing and enjoy their voices quite a bit.

>No Heat
I feel like that is one of the most mandatory of mandatory battlerites in this game.
God damn I played without Heat and it felt weird not being ability to slightly reposition myself . I can see why you would take Eruption though since the increase is extremely huge but the base size of Flamestrike is enough if you have set up but if you do go Eruption it's almost hard to get out if you don't use waste an out I don't think it's worth it though over heat because ashka's m2 is your hardest hitting ability and being able to move during is great because base the shots will knockback and if you don't have Heat some of your shots will completely miss if you use it at max distance.

I want to protect his smile