ETH GENERAL. Who's holding, who needs advice?

Good morning faggots. It is clear to me a number of Veeky Forumsmark ass bitches are still denying ETH, and this makes me feel sad. As I've said before I want us all to make it to the moon together, this is our best ticket.

This coin has a real future in the real world, Chinese money washing is real and has propelled BTC for a good stretch, but look at the pace of ALTs right now, 5 billion added in 7 days, much of that going to ETH. If this rate holds BTCs mighty cap will look like fucking peanuts, if the shit continues to build momentum we're going to overshoot the fucking moon.

Who is struggling to see the future that us holding ETH are predicting? I don't want you necking yourselves when Veeky Forums is occupied mostly by the rich, so if you have any questions I am here to help.

Also general ETH discussion, it's been a wild week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EEjI0A9iMow
gatehub.net/gateways/bpg/
cryptoderivatives.market/,
github.com/bokkypoobah/TokenTrader/wiki/GNTTokenTrader-And-GNTTokenTraderFactory#market-taker-operations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do you think it will go below 60 before overshooting to more than 100? or are we riding this til it explodes?

I honestly thought it wouldn't have gone so high but it increased even more today.

I will buy at the next dip if I don't smell it's too risky

I could only buy 4 ETH (right now in coinbase so they're pretty much locked in there), I don't know if I'll be able to afford much more as it goes up,

Will there be dips?
How long do I hold for?
When do pull out to enjoy the profit?
Is ETH mining worth it? Cloud mining perhaps?

I want strong hands but I'm weak and squishy right now and I need training and guidance
youtube.com/watch?v=EEjI0A9iMow

>Will there be dips?

There are always dips sooner or later

>How long do I hold for?

You need to know before you buy how much of reduction in gains you are willing to tolerate.

If you earned 10% at ATH I wouldn't risk going lower than 5-7%.

>When do pull out to enjoy the profit?

When you are satisfied or when you think the value is going down hard

Can't say I think it will, but it would not be surprising. That exact thing just happened with DASH, slammed in half only to recover it all before anyone noticed, I created a thread on it at the time and got no replies. Observe it from late feb to see what I'm talking.
>Dips
yes of course, at and to what price though is anybodys guess
>how long
a long time, years
>mining
wasn't for me, I played the mining game with BTC and missed out on bigger profits, you need to do a very thorough examination and be as conservative as possible.

yeah man, I'm actually hoping for it to take a dive below 60. I know I will be buying some more before it actually overshoots that way. DASH was someone stable for a little while and them plummeted below half again right?

strap in
the cone is closing

I signed up for coinbase on Friday, still waiting to verify my bank account
I'm buying in as soon as I can. Anyone know if I can buy coins immediately with a bank account, or do I have to wait another 3 days for my money to be deposited? I can't take waiting

I have life changing money now. Give me tax and financial advice.

as someone who doesn't really care that much, am I fine just keeping my ETH on coinbase?

Where in the world are you located?

I just wrote an academic paper on the tax implications for Canadians, and I've come across decent articles about other jurisdictions that I can share with you.

tell me what I can do as an american living in pennsylvania

Shill bitbean to the Amish.

What are the tax implications for Canadians?

How long will it keep pumping?
Should I sell some of my eth gains to buy POSW?

buy gold from a site that accepts btc as payment. have it sent to your house

I asked in the other thread, but might as well try here again:

How would a Crypto (say BTC/ETH) ETF work?

Like is there a just some holder who spends the fund money and buys Cryptocoins?

If so, why would you invest in that and not just buy coins yourself?

How the fuck do I buy this if I dont have a visa-backed card? Dont even say bitcoin, fuck off. These websites are a pain in the fucking ass. why would they not just take american express?

Bought 300 quids worth of Eth today.
Ngl lads I'm extremely sad I missed the train when I saw it posted here last year in the low single digits. Frankly just didn't know how to buy. Only on the rocket now at 75 because it's now tradable on etoro and coinbase

If it does I will be loading up big, but I can wait, I can wait so good. DASH isn't actually one I really follow, was just the big launch that caught my eye and since that just sort of had one eye on its price out of interest. I wouldn't actually base any decision on what happened with that, just makes a good example

Do you have a bank account? You can use coinbase to do it.

because shitcoins are a scam, the gains are on paper, and it's impossible to cash out

>impossible to cash out

its not even very hard.

>tfw got in at 71
>tfw the hype is so strong I'd probably buy more if it dipped below that for even a second

I must be retarded

It's FDIC insured, but any time you have coins on an exchange you don't really own them. They're in the exchange's wallet, and you're trusting that they'll hand them over when you ask for them.

The rules for barter transactions apply to being paid in virtual currency (e.g. if you sell things for bitcoin online or accept bitcoin for services you offer).

The rules for capital gains taxes apply where you buy, hold, and sell cryptos. This means you can also declare crypto losses for tax benefits in Canada, but these rules only kick in once they've left your hand and you've got the cash again.

Interestingly there is also the possibility that your trading activities are characterized as you ordinarily carrying on a business (e.g. full time stock market playing) in which case you have to pay full income taxes rather than the half you normally would through capital gains.

This area of the law is a bit blurry and I'm not certain how they'd make the finding - certainly the specifications of crypto are enough to warrant not treating it like that IMO, but who knows how dinosaurs will understand it all.

I'm going to be bearish for probably the next month for a couple of reasons:

- Volatile market where people don't have any risk management or portfolio - literally putting their life savings in.

- With the slightest bump in the road people will realize how much money they have at stake, and will cash out.

Combining this, and you have yourself a bursting bubble.

>see eth last year when it was like 4$
>don't have coinbase or anything, no indication that it will take off at the time
>fast forward to a few months ago
>see that eth is around $20
>still don't buy
>it shoots to 42$ and I cry myself to sleep because I think I have missed the buy in period
>look at ETH price today after forgetting about it for 2 weeks
>literally want to die

Still not too late

I am a poorfag with 5k in the bank.

I could go and drop 1k on this and hope to God it pays off over the next few years.

Will there be a dip before it hits $100+ ???

Probably

Sounds like you could drop 5k on it, i'd throw a bit of that on a few of the most appealing tokens though

I only have 3 eth I bought at 20. Should I just buy more at 70 or wait???

DIVERSIFY.

I took some of my eth and bought RLC and Golem.

Plus bought IOC for whenever that moons

just sold my ETH

this is getting fucking ridiculous

Is there such a thing

Why

locking in gains...

i have 4.5 eth. realistically what gains can i hope for?

Explain

>buy low
>sell high
>repeat

How do yoy know it's gonna dip...

if it doesnt dip oh well I missed some more gains. Maybe ill buy back in at the higher price if it feels good

if it does dip then I can buy back in cheaper

I've learned to not be greedy and to sit in fiat when it "feels right"

when did you jump in?

low 50s

that's nice user, you probably are near 100 bucks gains. Not too shabby. It's insane to think you can be a millionaire just by dropping near nothing when the trains is getting up to speed. People that got really early and bagholders will get mad cash for this but just enjoy the ride and if you can afford to even lose that money just hold and see how high this shit can go. I placed some disposable gains on it, I won't be quitting my day job but by the looks of it I'm sure ETH is paying some neat vacation time by the end of this year for me.

Hi, guys

Never done this before. I'm willing to spend $750 on ETH right now. How do I go about doing this?

are you american?

easiest way is to make a coinbase account

bought in at 8 and 17. thank you Veeky Forums!

Yeah I'm American. I'll do this right now. Once I make an account, do I just buy them immediately or is there a waiting period?

Also, will ETH ever be worth as much at Bitcoin?

You will be able to buy them whenever but it takes 9 days to come to your account.

True. good way of looking at it, thanks breh

Great. Thanks so much for the info.

no problem man. Also consider to spend some gains in another coin that looks promising, who knows... maybe next time we will be the ones buying the lambos, in the meantime don't panic and don't check non-stop the ticker to see how it goes up and down

So when is the dump going to start? I'm thinking of selling at 80 and buying a bunch up after.

>Learn about bitcoin when it first came out
>"kek this shit is a fucking scam
>over $1,300 in a couple years
>kill me
>find out about ethereum
>Idontthinksotim.jpg
>it's going up everyday
>kill me again

fucking nice man

Tell me about it

I am way too risk averse for this market but it's fascinating to watch.

Dumb question, but what exactly am I buying when I purchase ETH? Is it a key to a blockchain?

I will likely hit 1m profit, still not enough to quit the dayjob. If you live in NYC or Los Angeles, atleast. That won't even buy a 2.5 bdr house in a good jewish neighborhood.

>tfw could live like a kang for 20 years in my yuropean shithole with 1 mil

Maybe I'll make a couple hundred Euros.

Is it too late for me to hop on?.I've been following crypto since about 2015, but I'm quite new to trading.

Just do it. Buy something cheap per unit, golem or something, so you learn the ropes

>Dumb question, but what exactly am I buying when I purchase ETH? Is it a key to a blockchain

You are buying the ETH tokens or coins, which is held in a private wallet address for which you own the private key. The transaction for your coins is held in a huge every growing public blockchain.

These are the best days to make money trading. The price is all over the place. Just set buy orders for like 72, 73 and sell orders at 75, 76. Do this shit all day.

the very least sit it in bitcoin, absolutely no point in holding much fiat

Find somewhere online that lets you buy BTC or ETH for fiat (like USD). Go through all their verification process, then send them money. Trade money for BTC or ETH. Withdraw BTC or ETH to an exchange of your choice (they will have a "Deposit" address for you). Now start trading. Or if you want to keep BTC or ETH (not trade it), get something like Coinomi android app on your phone and send the coins there for safe keeping. Don't keep your coins in an exchange or website forever as they have the possibility of getting hacked someday.

Pls help with my Mist blockchain download ;_;

What's the best exchange to buy GNT? I'm gonna transfer some ETH from Coinbase, and I don't want to get locked out for having done so.

>Thinks the strategies he sees on Veeky Forums represent the whole market.

Don't short now you dumb fuck. Don't do it. I'm telling you.

>What's the best exchange to buy GNT? I'm gonna transfer some ETH from Coinbase, and I don't want to get locked out for having done so.
i've been buying it on poloniex after transferring from coinbase, no problems so far

What are the known exchanges that Coinbase will lock you out for ?

no idea, personally haven't had any issues with being locked out of anything

gdax should almost certainly be safe

I need advice: What's the best way to buy ETH in the UK? I have an account with cex.io, but last time I paid a transcation fee of more than 10%. I have an account with Coinbase, but for some reason my card can't be verified there. I have an account with Bittylicious, but my bank doesn't allow for a direct transfer and they're taking forever verifying my card. I have an account with Kraken, but they don't allow deposits with GBP. I'm tired of making new accounts everywhere, I just want to do a simple exchange of GBP for ETH.

Alternatively, if any rich fag wants to help me out and throw me some ETH peanuts, it would be greatly appreciated. I only want to buy 0.7 more anyway.

0x2bb0f72e03789d35dbde05c50f5a4ab2374a9d86

Same here. Still haven't bought due not want to take risks

When the fuck would you buy then?

>tfw 40 coins
>tfw I didn't buy until $12
>tfw didn't buy more
I've more than made a return but I'll honestly just let it sit for a few years. It's got actual utility outside of buying and selling drugs.

WELP

that sure would have been the correct play it seems
bitcoin up 5% today

Open up an account on Gatehub.net, get authorized for Gatehub Fith (Bitcoin) and BPG. 1 XAU on BPG is 1 [email protected], transfer bitcoin into XAU and the you have have the Gold FedEx to you.

gatehub.net/gateways/bpg/

You can use a Debit card and it is pretty much instant.

I wouldn't put it on a phone, use myetherwallet to make the wallet then import the private key.

Trying to buy some through Kraken but I'm a little confused about something. If I'm in the US I need to have tier 3 to buy anything? Tier 2 won't work?

I just use cryptoderivatives.market/, it is ran by a smart contract on the block chain, find an account to buy from, send the eth and the gnt goes right back to the eth address you sent it from.

Here is a guide if anybody needs it:
github.com/bokkypoobah/TokenTrader/wiki/GNTTokenTrader-And-GNTTokenTraderFactory#market-taker-operations

>It's got actual utility outside of buying and selling drugs.
it literally doesn't

>I don't gamble coz momma said it's for evil men

Got a leveraged position that I opened at 70€
If it drops to 60€, I'm fucked

>tfw bought last night ATH

JUST

just brought .66 ETH
h-here i go!

>ath
>leveraged

somebody did the same some months ago... and he got fucked

happy margin call motherfucker

Enjoy holding for a few weeks.

What did I fucking tell you guys about buying ANYTHING at all-time highs?

the last two months have been ath
buying at 30 would have be fine
same as 40, 50 and 60

that's fucking awesome man. I was in the process of buying a house, looking around haven't decided on the place yet. It would be out of this world for me to hit enough profit to actually pay for that house. This is the main reason I haven't went full on with trading, I'm doing it right now with an amount that won't cripple me if shit goes south.
And as I said, it's looking like it will pay some nice vacation time, so far this year is looking to be really comfy. New house and pretty much free vacations.

I've made some gains, but I want to ride the waves, and use all the wave gains to place bigger bets. If I lose, I just hold.

Is this a good plan?

Indeed friend.

im very interested in your opinions senpai

Quads of death.

good luck m8

Hey, I would appreciate if anyone could advise me on two related questions.

1. When BTC is high and alts are low, is that the best time to buy? Does the higher value of BTC give you more bang for your buck against alts?

2. Does that make it a better time than ever to buy ETH, right now? It's at around ~75, which was a decent drop down. Or do we think it will drop more?