Bitch ex-wife trying to get my ethereum gains

>Finalize early last year
>She knew I had lots of ethereum because I talked about it a lot
>She didn't even bring it up in divorce because it wasn't worth much
>Somehow she finds out about current price and contacts me
>Says if I don't split them with her she will take me to court saying I "hid" them from her during divorce

Am I fucked?

She can't possibly have a leg to stand on here? We never told our lawyers about ethereum or anything so there's no record of me mentioning them... Would a judge believe her?

I have almost 3K ETH so it's a big fucking deal

Other urls found in this thread:

familydiplomacy.com/blog/collaborative-divorce/bitcoin-divorce/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Say you have no idea what Ethereum even is

Tell her to explain what it is in court. Doubt she could

you need to sell all of your other assets and buy more cryptocurrency with it, that way they can put you in jail or whatever but there is no way for the courts to take your stuff

or flee the country

Also, thanks for reminding me never to get married user

I was thinking about this but what if she finds an old social media post or txt of me mentioning it? I can't delete all records desu

But what would this achieve?

If she can't explain how it is an asset, wouldn't that mean she can't take a piece? I'm not good with law

>I can't delete all records
You have only yourself to blame then

Don't think so (not good with law also though tbqh)

Pretty sure if you hide an asset (as she will claim I did), the judge can award her more than half as punishment/compensation for her. Have a meeting with lawyer planned tomorrow but wanted Veeky Forums to weigh in since they know more about crypto than me.

Move it to another wallet, sell it and hold in a different crypto. This isn't complex at all

tell them you don't know the address anymore, but if they can figure it out, she can have all of them. it's happened to plenty of people. you've been stressed out, you ended up tossing your laptop or whatever and the password was in it

i imagine it'd be a problem to cash out down the line though

there's hardly any laws about cryptos. they're not really currency, despite what the name. the court would have to call some kind of expert upon whose witness they could rely on, and they'll of course say it's possible to lose all your coins if you lose your address, and that without the address, the coins are lost forever.

cryptos are basically monopoly money as far as the courts are concerned.

say you bought some dogecoin and give her like 1 million doge
she will think she's rich

I don't know how the court will see crypto, but if they DO see it as part of your assets then she can indeed say you hid them and you will be in contempt of court, remember that.

Your assets were split and your divorce finalized. It's done and your ex wife need some to fuck off. If she had legal standing she'd go straight to the judge instead of trying to blackmail you.

just turn into some other coin lol. Crypto is really good because of this. Feds are clueless.

Does she know the exact amount? Give her like 200 eth or something

She probably doesn't know about bitcoin. She's going to probably find out though, try posw or bitbay.

This is obviously roleplaying but all you would have to do is say you bought them in january in expectancy of the increase.
There is no way for them to prove when you purchased your eth.
Theres also no way she knows exactly how many you have right now compared to when you divorced.

Not the exact amount but knows it was more than 2K

buy like 4 new ether, put those in a new wallet (to hide your real stash) and send her the half if she really puts a lawyer on this shit

i bet ops wife even berated him for buying crypto or doing anything to better himself the entire time. So he had to buy it regardless of her nagging and insults but now she says she deserves everything.

That's a idea. Just buy any other crypto with it. Like golem or something

right, you could just give her half of the fiat you first invested

She did berate me desu. Whenever I invested in a crypto she said it was throwing money away etc etc. She put all her money in a savings account with 3% interest p.a....

Send her a wallet with the password as "I'magreedybitch" that only has .50 cents in it. If she can figure out how to load the wallet then she'll be pissed as fuck.

If it shows up in court tell them you lost it all in a hack, speculating, gambling , whatever. There is no way they can prove you didnt. Meanwhile stay silent and dont say a word dont confess to a thing. This is why cryptos are so beautiful, the govt and women are totally powerless

You have no "gains" when you buy ETH, dummy

You were dumb enough to get married and were dumb enough to buy a pump and dump scamcoin

Sorry you frog posting retards and shills feel like you've missed the bitcoin boat and think eth is going anywhere long term

We just went months without a single eth thread now you kike shills are shilling this scamcoin like it's your job.

When this scamcoin dumps and the eth threads and shills disappear I'll be sure to make threads reminding you how fucking stupid you are

Btw bitcoin is at all time high once again yet you'd never know from visiting this eth-shill board

I was thinking of bringing up the DAO hack/crash and saying I sold there... But what if they ask for proof that I sold it? (Eg. exchange account)

You had me until you fucked this up.

I never understood why BTC dinosaurs are so sour over ETH. They're both at ATH! That's good for crypto as a whole. Stop acting like the spoiled brat who can't share the sandbox.

well, since this is b8, and nobody else seems to have common sense, ill say it: kill her m8, its the only solution

this, kek

That's the beauty of crypto, (((they))) can't get to it

trust me im a lawyer

there's virtually no way to prove you actually own any ETH

just claim you were LARPing the whole time

>She knew I had lots of ethereum because I talked about it a lot

there we go

she knew about them
she didn't want them

you keep them.

you're so fucking dumb OP. even in your own fantasy you're a fucking moron.

> lost my wallet, bye
Problem solved

user PUT YOUR ETH HOLDING IN A TRUST

THE TRUST MUST BE MADE IN THE COOK ISLANDS

SET IT UP ONLINE, COOK ISLANDS TRUST. PUT THE ETH IN THERE

COOK ISLANDS TRUST

Record your calls with her.

>Record your calls with her.
the might be illegal depending on where you live

have trusted friend or family member make an exchange account, transfer ETH to single wallet using vpn.
Transfer to a couple of other new single wallets.
Hand it to friend/senpai and have your payout in cash.

Put it in a contract that requires two participants to withdraw it, the other participant being one of your relatives and only known to you.

Let the courts try to get through that clusterfuck legally. lol

Bonus: Have it so that no withdraw can take place until 5-10 years has passed.

Actually, you'll want to guard against the other person dying, so you can have it so the other person is necessary for withdrawals within X period of time, but after that, it only requires your approval.

Send her broke trying to go through lawyers. You have 240k in Eth, she more than likely has already blown what she got from the divorce.

>telling your spouse exactly where all the money is

There's no reason to do this. My partner of 5years wouldn't have a clue how much I have in shares, savings, crypto or PMs. She asks to "borrow" $10 because I keep her in the dark and only drip feed bits of info regarding our financial situation.

Let this be a lesson to youngfags. NEVER open a joint bank account. NEVER let your partner know how much you earn or own. The "we're in this together" crap is an ancient meme with no basis in reality. You'll both be happier in the long run.

if they cannot figure out how you go to USD - ETH/BTC you will be fine

Hire a hit-man with your ETH gains and ice that slut.

Courts won't do shit. Just play dumb. Facebook n text msg have little ground in court. Just say you were virtual simulating your life on what it could be. Never say ypu bought it n never say you sold it. Never say you even played with it. Just play dumb andyou'll be good.

Call her bluff you cuck. You won't tho.

Put them in a nano ledger S. Tattoo the string-word code on your body somewhere she will never see.
Throw away the Nano.
Tell the law someone stole them.

Wait 6 months.
Buy another Nano S.
Recover your wallet.
Cash it all out and ride across the border to Mexico in your lambo and start your own drug cartel with you ether money
profit.

underrated post

what kinda retarded ass question is this, if you can't manage your crypto then yes you are fucked

assuming you can't weasel out of it, what if you only give her only what was half at the time of divorce? don't even mention giving her a wallet and half the coins or anything like that, just assume liquidation is implied and give her half of the value at the time of divorce? women only care about cash money, they don't see the big picture.

familydiplomacy.com/blog/collaborative-divorce/bitcoin-divorce/

just deny it senpai

theres literally no way the courts can prove you have these assets or even touch them

they would have to torture ur private key out of you

"Oh did I say Ethereum? I meant Ethereum Classic, sorry babe."

This..

I really hope she doesn't hurt you anymore OP

where?

If the ETH was worthless at the date of divorce then it's possible that you don't owe her anything.

Until you convert into fiat, she wont be able to make a claim of assests. Tell her good luck explaining that shit in court. Not even laws in place for this kind of deal

"What? No it was Bitbean Digital Cash I was talking about then. Here's your 1500 beans"

this

Lying in court is 99% of the time a bad idea, especially with something as touchy as this where you might have to prove something.

Get a lawyer

Why don't you kill her anyway? She's asking for it. And you know it.

>She is legally entitled to half your shit
Why anyone would want to get married is beyond me

Tell her you lost it all playing bitcoin dice.

>getting married
top kek you deserve it senpai

Nigger this is so easy
>Dump all ether into a privacy coin
>zcash protocol is good
>wishy washy bounce your money around a lot between wallets you own
>pour water over your old laptop
>in court u say you lost the private key ages ago on the laptop with water on it
>boo hoo fake cry in court about how you a fool

Best of luck

Lying in court is not a good strategy

Moving your coins around anonymously is.

This.

Kek

gold

Say you converted it into another currency that crashed, and lost all the money. Buy some of that currency, and use it as proof to her and her lawyer.

Or try and find some record of her knowing about it. If she knew about it, but didn't bring it up, then obviously you weren't hiding it, and your argument that it wasn't worth the hassle will be better than hers.

there's nothing to worry i guess.
just move them to another wallet and you can even tell them you lost them gambling/trading etc.

lot of people who have never filed taxes for anything other than the wages that show up on your W2s ITT

No you idiot. You have 3k eth but you lost them all trading pump and dump. Tell her you don't have any eth any more.

Hell op I'll create a shitty eth clone to tell your friends you hold. Just send me a few of those eth and I'll set up a server and a website.

Fuck alimony and divorce settlements

Truly the worst offense against true gender equality today

Fucking vampire women
Useless leeches

>I sucked his dick a few times so I deserve his eth gains
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee fucking blood sucking women

women are such fucking whores.
With them being as they are today its better to never marry.

Hell you can't even have them move in with you in some states. They can still claim your money

Why not just put them all on a flash drive, except maybe $2k worth and give that flash drive to your parents or a friend...someone who can hold it and not fuck you.

Alternative is just flat out deny it.

Just go to a jurisdiction where online gambling is legal and pretend you gambled it all away

Fucking women.

My wife's OK though.

lmao

Move funds, request she proves the existence of said crypto, if she cannot prove it exists how can she get any of it? You could also perhaps say it was stolen or lost with a computer glitch or something?

This famalam

And this, kids, is why you don't get married to western women.

Liquidate your entire position, hire a lawyer and countersue the bitch for blackmail and intimidation.

Tell her you lost the password or the wallet got corrupted and didnt back up

but seriously, you deserve to have your eth taken away for falling for the marriage meme, its literally insurence for women

Get the conversation on record and you're fine.

>what do you mean you want half of my ethereum? i cant believe you want half of my pepecoins. Your honour, i will concede half of my dogecoins.

Just tell her it was hacked if she brings it up again. Link the old articles. Ezpz

Or this

she doesnt know how much you have. just give her 1 ETH n call it a day ;)

Fucking lol. Give her some BitBean and then during court go off about how you were going to sprout it and make so much money off of these imaginary beans. Might be able to plead for insanity while you're at it.

buy XMR and hide it away. Say you were hacked and you have none of it left.

Send me all of it and I return to you once the ex-wife pressure has subsided. You pay me a small holding fee, perhaps 0.5%

>I spent them all on camwhores
\_(o_o)_/

Say you had it in bitfinex, or got hacked, give her like a grand worth of that bitfinex iou coin bullshit lol, see if she can figure out what to do with it.