SO I JUST HEARD THAT COINBASE WILL LOCK YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU TRANSFER YOUR MONEY/BTC/ETH TO BITTREX!

SO I JUST HEARD THAT COINBASE WILL LOCK YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU TRANSFER YOUR MONEY/BTC/ETH TO BITTREX!

WHAT THE FUCK

WHY DIDNT ANY OF YOU FAGS TELL ME THIS????????

FUCK YOU

Your problem was investing in coin

does anyone know if you can lie about your location on kraken and/or poloniex?

they wont accept me otherwise

So don't do it

SImple :^)

Is this even true?

Yeah I was bummed about this too, I just bought $500 worth of ETH yesterday but I'm ok with just holding and waiting, but I wanted to buy other coins too.

Can I buy ETH and other coins directly on Bittrex or do I first have to have something transferred in?

Golly, crypto sounds so safe when you can simply be locked out for using or transferring to a competitor.

so use kraken as a middle man

I have made like 10 transfers from Coinbase to Bittrex without any issues at all.

How the fuck could they even know that the wallet I generate is on Bittrex?

What retarded meme is this?

>coinbase to mist
>mist to bittrex

Wowzers that was tough

how are cryptocurrencies going to moon if theyre such a hassle to purchase

This, been watching the markets for a few years but the tech/time behind the money transfers and such just pushes me away.

Yeah how can they know what platform the wallet address you are sending to is on? This is complete FUD bullshit.

wat. How OP? Did the same thing with no issue.

if thats the case then maybe you could send to a private wallet from coinbase then from the private wallet to bittrex

just a rumor at this poiint

>Crypto is complicated
Have you ever tried trading stocks and shares on the Dow Jones?

Keeping things difficult keeps out the plebs and normies so only us leet nerds can earn £££

Is this a joke or something?

Yeah.

sauce?

These dumbasses are using it like fiat money.

The entire point of crypto is that you have complete control over your money + the fact that it's anonymous and doesn't inflate.

The biggest problem right now is that crypto is still quite obscure compared to regular currency, so you have to change back and forth between crypto and fiat if you actually want to spend money. If/when we overcome this problem, 1btc will shoot up past $500k in a few days.

>Keeping things difficult keeps out the plebs and normies so only us leet nerds can earn £££

But..the market is a zero sum game. You only win when others lose. So the more plebs are participating, the easier it is to make money.

Please delete this. This post made me sick

Coinbase is for normies, they deserve to be cucked put of good exchanges

>Op is a normie faggot piece of shit

Send to a wallet, and then to an exchange. I'm guessing this applies to high amounts of crypto going out. IRS may think it's money laundering

How the fuck do I get my ETH off of GDAX, I don't want to risk losing it to some kike company.

Already sent them a fucking email a week ago asking for permission to send/receive crypto from poloniex - no response.

Fucking coinbase support, you think this is gemini?

What's the best exchange for somebody just starting out? I'm in the UK

Kraken

How would coinbase know where we sent it to is bittrex? This sounds retarded op. You probably got locked out because you're a suspicious person.

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS GOD DAMN I'M NERVOUS NOW

Pretty sure I've gone directly from coinbase to bittrex and yobit.
Might just move through my wallet from now on though.

ITS REAL

LOOK AT THIS RRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

SO WHAT DO I DO?! I SWEAR I WILL LEVEL MY TOWN IF THEY TAKE MY COINS AWAY.

THE SAFEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO TRANSFER TO YOUR WALLET FIRST AND THEN BITTREX OR WHATEVER YOU USE

DO NOT FUCK WITH COINBASE. JUST PLAY NICE WITH THEM AND HOPE THEY DONT FUCK YOU ONE DAY

Can you recommend me a wallet. Should I use jaxx? official etherium wallet? IS IT HARD TO SET UP GOD FUCK THESE JEWS FIRST A 16 HOUR WAGE KEK SHIFT THEN THIS???

You should always have an official wallet ready sweet fuck use your brain morans

myetherwallet for your ETH/GOLEM and Ether related gains.

and official blockchain bitcoin wallet for bitcoin.

REEEEEEEE

Can you recommend me one? I'm downloading Jaxx right now, is there something better I should use? Yeah I fucked up but I'm trying to fix it right now fuck.

>fucking around back when ETH was 70 bucks on coinbase Saturday
>buy 1 ETH with card and transfer it to bittrex just to see how it works
>transfer it back to coinbase
>everything looks smooth sailing
>buy 25 ETH with bank account and decide to hold in coinbase
>this thread

Am I about to lose my fucking investment before my transaction is even complete?

No it's fake, I've done many coinbase -> bittrex transfers. However, I may have gone through gdax before bittrex - but gdax and coinbase are the same so if sending from coinbase locks you, sending from gdax should too. You and your prescious ether will be okay

why the fuck does coinbase have so many restrictions

That's what you get for letting another company decide how to store your shit

Thank Christ, well I'm getting a blockchain wallet just just to be safe.

Got my coins off jewdax. Although it seems like this is gonna slow down the selling process.

Just bought $200 worth of eth on coinbase can i transfer it right away?

Same exact shit happened to me, only I was sending ETH for weeks to Poloniex; buying from Coinbase and immediately sending it to trade on the exchange.

I suspect that by sending my gains back to coinbase to sell my ETH they may lock my account because of the anomaly.

It's true because my account was just locked and I transferred 5 BTC to bittrex to buy STRAT 3 days ago. I went to BUY/SELL and it says my account is locked. I fucking joined Coinbase in July 2013. 4 years and never had a problem. They have every single pieces of documentation about me. I've bought, sold and transferred BTC countless times. Im fucking pissed because it asks you are you sending it to another site so I thought maybe that had white labeled certain sites and if I was upfront there wouldn't be any issues. I should've said I was sending to a private wallet. I'm waiting to hear back tomorrow what the issue is but it's fucking bullshit.

White listed*

good luck.

they haven't responded to me in over a month.

What a spooky concept.

Protect your assets.

Coinbase is a neat way to convert your fiat currency into real money (cryptos) but I suppose we should all be storing it offline somewhere for the long harvest anyway.

So is Kraken or Gemini better. And can anyone tell me what the fees would be from each of these if I bought $100 worth of bitcoin at a time? The way they explain the fees is so confusing.

Fuck that... I got my shekels off coinbase/gdax, I'm safe right???

Stupid fucks you go from
Bankcoinbasepersonal walletexchanges, buying shit and other fun

yeah
pretty much

For BTC

I usually go Bank- CoinBase-Mew-Bittrex/Polo/Liqui/Gemini-To whatever meme is currently going

Honest to god who the fuck uses coinbase for trading? It's the most crooked jewy exchange. Also why kraken/poloniex?
I've tried all of these and the best ones I've used are bitstamp for buying and bitfinex for trading. Everything else can die.

This. The crypto market has the potential to be the easiest to get into and yet it's made so fucking hard.

C R Y P T O C U C K S

B L O W N

T H E

F U C K

O U T

They locked you out of buying and selling but do you still have the option to send and receive???

I've sent about $5000 worth of BTC direct to my bittrex wallet from coinbase and didn't have any problems but I just recently bought about $3000 of ETH and now I'm worried.

If I transfer coins on there will they just lock me out from buying and selling or will they lock me out from accessing and transferring my coins all together??

what is the safest wallet for personal ETH storage then? client side wallets sound stupid as fuck and wallets downloaded off of github seem sketchy as they COULD have some sort of backdoor, couldn't they? i was thinking of buying the ledger nano S. it's $85 off of amazon but if its the safest way to store my ETH, then i think it is the smartest option.

Send it to a wallet, I was in the same situation and I made a wallet. Really easy, just use MyEtherWallet & follow the instructions, it takes 5 mins max.

I looked at the job listings on the coinbase website. It looks to me like they don't currently have anybody in development there who can actually do anything.

I can still move my coins off their site which I'll probably do tomorrow. I'd like to hear their response but I probably should just get them off the site before they try to fuck me even further.

Why not just send it to another wallet first?

coinbase is a cuck, shut down my account when i tried buying AL-LAD from germany.
just use Gemini, you'll have to reapporve your account and everything but its worth not being a cuck

I have a bitstamp account too and used to trade on there but I've never deposited money, just BTC. Haven't been on there in some time. I just wanted to get some strat before it rose.

>IRS may think it's money laundering
Not necessarily. But Coinbase does have FDIC insurance, so they do have to bend over if regulators show up.

Yeah, you're fine

>use your brain morans
I'm getting memed on, but I can't help myself.

Are you retarded?
Trex generates a unique address for you to send btc/eth to how would coinbase know?

You're retarded. It's saying that exchanges have to get their permission to do business with them, not that you do.
Are you an exchange?

STOP USING COINBASE FOR FUCK'S SAKE WHEN THERE IS KRAKEN.

Down for maintenance or are we all fucked?

Question for all of the crypto holders here. How exactly do you plan to cash out your "fourtune" in five years? This is the one thing that's been keeping me from getting into cryptos. Like, who's going to buy 50,000 dollars worth of bitcoin/eth? Why?

DDOS attack. Read their twitter.

>tfw you did this before they started locking accounts

Holy shit dodged a bullet there. And I have way more to lose than OP.

When you buy ETH at least, you are buying computing power and future technology that has an actual use. Bitcoin will always be worth something due to the drug market and illegal stuff. Also there's the fact that you can hide millions in whatever fiat you have from the IRS with coins.

Dude that's the easiest part. Hardest part is cashing out without paying tax.

The only way to do that is to renounce any citizenship you have (especially if yours is the USA) and move to a country that does not tax crypto earnings.

>why poloniex

Are you serious? Because it has BY FAR the most volume. More than Kraken, Bitfinex and the two next highest volume exchanges COMBINED. It also has the most sophisticated/professional interface. Only thing Bittrex or other smaller exchanges have on it are obscure shitcoins, all the important ones are on Polo as well, and in higher volume.

For all the Europeans in here, use

>Bitpanda

Some shady shit has been happening with coinbase. Go look at /r/coinbase too. You can't even post there now without being approved by mods. Get your shit out now!

but you can buy BTC straight from blockchain too? why not just skip coinbase then?

Look at this shit, I asked for their consent to send ETH to a currency exchange and they didn't even fucking read my email.

Is this for real?

>asking for permission

Are you fucking retarded?
They're your coins you can do whatever the fuck you want with them? You're asking these idiots who you pay transfer fees for for permission to transfer? LOL

You have to, read the terms of use unless you want to get jewed when you're up on your money I suggest you do the same.

I can see this shit now, you transfer your gains in thousands of dollars back to coinbase, they see it as an anomaly, they lock your account preventing you from selling and you're shit out of luck.