/bdog/The MMORPG Black Desert

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, p2w rng mechanics, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline

>Guilds
NA: Sardine, Baka, Inner_Circle
Eu: Pettanco, Valor

>/BDOG/ Discord
discord.gg/ETsNjaW

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/Z1QuXj7t

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.

Previous Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

bdoplanner.com/s/zJxu0U7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have they released any info on Lahn awakening yet other than what her weapons are?

Yeah it was cancelled, KR wasn't really feeling it
The class will be removed again next maint and all purchases for it refunded

Everyone keeps talking about how the fun will end when you meet the wall
Is there anyway that can prep me to avoid the wall? I usually don’t whine but look more into solutions.
There must be some way to lessen the wall right?

The wall depends on how autistic you are.

The only way to avoid the wall is to quit before you hit it. Which most people do. Quit before or quit when they hit it and realize how high it is and hard to climb.

It's probably like the second biggest major problem with BDO. After the huge issues with class balance.

I'm not small, you're just big

Is it possible to not accept the quest that gives you the skill reset once you awaken and accept it at a later date?

Why would you need it later?
After you awaken you just pump points into whichever awakening skills you can. No build required just load empty up they'll all you will be using.

The only way you can prep is to not care about the wall. Most will care and most will take a break from the game, which you can do, you can simply take a break from the game and come back refreshed and with free returning rewards, without simply vowing to never return instead.

But overall you're bound to hit the wall because at a point you just can't upgrade further without each one taking lots of time and frustration. That doesn't mean there's nowhere to go though. The wall gets people down because they're so used to frequent upgrades in MMOs, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing to think like that, but it doesn't mean you can't progress anymore. Just focus on different goals if you can.

this was great until you mentioned the refund. kakao would never part with their money so quickly.

Yes
and please don't listen to this There are awakening skills to avoid for some classes. Your class may not be one of them but instead of just grabbing every awakening skill you see you should check your class discord. They're smarter and more thorough than any user here. If you PvP a lot, many classes also want some specific CC pre-awakened skills. CHECK YOUR CLASS DISCORD it's really helpful for anyone here.

Also you can make an alt, get it to 56 and the skill reset counts for your account, if you have to use it and then find out you need it later.

Usually they wouldn't but they're open to be sued for removing content people paid for within a certain timeframe after releasing it, so its a way to cover themselves on the legal front

the wall only exists if you don't give a shit about the rest of the game outside grinding and pvp.
you can do a lot of other things and, well, actually just play the game, something all these neets have become incapable of doing.

>install nude mod
>take lewds of character
>feel bad about it and uninstall
Are the gooks going to ban me?

Yeah, sorry...

No

So when do I hit the wall?
I came from maplestory and that game the wall is not being able to participate in certain boss raids.
I’m totally fine with that as long as I can continue to grind to the max level without a wall then I’m fine.
From bdo perspective it would be fine as long as I can grind to lvl 60 comfortably like everyone else then I wouldn’t complain.

> (You)
>So when do I hit the wall?
For most people it's tri boss gear and accessories. Going tet is a huge effort on those pieces of gear. Talking hours of failstacking, weeks of grinding mats, and a fuck load of luck.
Not to mention the constant failure and there's nothing you can do about it.
Working hard for weeks and then getting nothing is a huge blow to your drive to do anything.

On the level side most quit at 60, few hit 61, and basically nobody hits 62

If all you care about is hitting 60 then there isnt any wall for anyone with a minor amount of grinding experience. Getting boss gear isnt too big a deal and is acquired at a fairly normal rate.
The only wall that I think this game has is getting your hands on enough sharps and hards to attempt enhancing your gear past duo, memory fragments are "farmable" and artisans are only 50 cents.

What other things? Go afk and Lifeskill?
You can easily explore the entire world in a day and quests aren't interesting.
There's no pve content to speak of, no raids, no mini games, nothing else to invest in outside gear

The better grindspots require a bit more gear than you'll have from just leveling but that should be fine, the wall is generally considered 60+ I think and if you want to PvP you basically need 61 and a heck of a lot of gear

Don't buy artisans
As someone who spent $200 on them for a single tet attempt and still hasn't gotten the tet they just aren't worth it.

You can absolutely do that user. The "wall" is essentially going for PEN gear and to a lesser extent TET, much like 60 is the soft cap on levels, TRI is basically the soft cap on gear. To go any further in either of these takes an amount far out of proportion to what you would achieve up to that point. Generally though people don't complain about levels as "the wall" because with leveling you know exactly what to expect and you know it's going to take a long as fuck time to grind to 61 and beyond but either that interests you or it doesn't. Gear is the issue because of how much of an effect gear has in PvP and at a point you're gated by luck and it can take a fortune for every roll of the dice to see if your gear upgrades or sets you back.

>work hard for weeks and get nothing is a huge blow to your drive
How this fuck is this different from any other MMO? Youre constantly doing shit hoping for a reward that you never get. The good thing about BDO is that I dont have to group up to do my grind for gear that I wont get.

Most Mmos you get something some sort of progress
It might be small or even just a scrap of fun. Nothing about the enchanting system in bdo is rewarding. It's a burden. Nothing but a time gated rng wall.
There's no skill, no avoiding it, no easing it. It's just slam slam slam until you pop it or quit

>raid in wow and get nothing for weeks
>raid in xiv and get nothing for weeks
>raid in wildstar and get nothing for weeks
>grind in bdo and get nothing for weeks
Ive been trying to get an Unstable Arcanocrystal in WoW since Legion fucking launched in August of 2016, dont even get me started on the god damn legendary system where you were grinding the same mythic+ until the end of time only to get the shitiest legendary for your class.

You literally won't get "nothing for weeks" raiding in WoW. There are mechanisms preventing it.

I don't know I find that grind more engaging.
BDO I turn off my mind, and just watch anime while I do it. There's no enjoyment at all. Where as when I raid in an Mmo it's exciting even after I've done it again and again I still have fun.
Grinding in BDO was fun when pvp had risk. Now when I die it's just a walk back and I'm grinding again without any loss other than maybe a minute of grind.

>enhance in bdo lose 20weeks of progression

>I don't get a specific item from a world boss that spawns once every two months
>that means I get literally nothing, just like in BDO!

pretty much why im asking the question. im about to awaken 2 classes and it would be nice if i can save the armstrong on the other one for future use

I guess it wouldve been better to only use the legendary system as a comparison. Legendaries have bad luck prevention(failstacks) making you more likely to get one and it has a downgrade system(getting one of the countless bad legendaries) that also resets your failstacks.

The grind for BiS legendaries is significantly worse than the grind for tet, but this is all opinion, like this user prefers the wow style of grind while I prefer the bdo style of grind.

So how big of a jump AP wise is going from 120 to 140? Is it something I'm gonna feel? Because it's taking ages to kill anything at helms and elric shrine

Figures /bdog/ can't even admit the slightest parallel. In BDO all the time you grind is effectively progress made. Of course your items can downgrade and set you back, and that's a huge blow to morale, and some aren't willing to just go out and grind more money after that, and that's understandable. But what that user is pointing out is how in wow, sure you get SOMETHING, but at a certain point (the wall), you don't need something, you need an unstable arcanocrystal and hey guess what? It never fucking drops. It's gated by several forms of RNG and if you don't get it you're stuck waiting. It's almost like BDO where you can get something, but not the thing you want. Not immediately. Except in BDO if you're willing to go out and put in the grind you can keep pushing specifically for the thing you want. In wow you can only do so much before the game gates you off from trying more and then that is locked behind RNG.

Now I'm not weighing in on which one is better but holy shit guys at least admit that it can be a similar situation.

Every bit matters
Accuracy is going to be a big deal for you though try to get as much as you can. Asula helps a lot with it

well i mean the endgame in wow is actually raiding, bdo is just more grinding

I failed to mention here that "something" in wow usually translates to just some gold to spend which doesn't help you much when you're looking for a specific item, but silver in BDO is everything. It all boils down to taste, but getting pity items in wow doesn't make the RNG system any better when you're going for top tier items that would be relatable to TET/PEN in BDO because pity items aren't fucking top tier and you can't just keep grinding immediately for them like you can in BDO.

me WANT lahn

BDO has that time gate too
You can't honestly say you can grind for memory fragments or shards because you can't.
You can't even grind silver to buy them since they basically don't exist on the market and you can't preorder them

>I need a new class that Koreans call bad as is and we know nothing about how the awakening plays or if it's even good
>I want to spend lots of money gearing up and slutting up a class I will only play for a short while before going back to my original choice
>I'm a dumb retarded sheep who would be better off playing WoW or team fortress 2 along with other people on my intellect level

Those are RNG and frustrating, but you can keep grinding for them while wow cuts you off.
Also you absolutely can grind silver to buy them because you can melt accessories into hards and sharps (at a significant expense) and yes you can preorder them.

Yes, and this boils down entirely to personal taste. I would never blame someone for preferring the raid grind of wow over BDO, but you should be able to recognize parallels and how certain people see the other perspective.

So I have unlimited energy to grind shards?
And I can grind relics? Relics definitely aren't time gated behind fishing, shards definitely aren't gated behind energy

Yeah I'm currently grinding out for asula's in helms but man this is rough. I've got 118 AP and 148 DP on my sorceress and 124 accuracy.

If I go to elric's by the canyon of corruption and i accidentally pull one of those rock dudes it's potion chugging time, also it takes me so long to kill shit but i feel like it shouldn't since im using all of my sorceress' hardest hitting skills on cool down.

>Decide to check out this Lahn bitch this shitposter keeps going on about
>It's just Vella but she can float/glide
Kinda neat but I see why she's total ass

Shards ARE gated behind energy and I'm not arguing otherwise, but energy isn't a week long lockout. With magic tools, farming, or alts you can effectively guarantee you'll get some, and if not you can grind for silver to pay way too much but guarantee that you will get shards. I say this because it's exactly what I did this past week for my mystic's awakening since I was too lazy to RNG gather, even if I have a good chance of being able to farm them.

As for memory fragments, those are even more grindable. You can try your luck with fishing but that's a poor way to get them. You can get relics fairly easily grinding catfishman, you can grind mediah for forgotten books (killing elites nearly guarantees this making it a straightforward process) and you can grind desert zones for scrolls. Everything in BDO basically comes down to time you put in. Yes they're RNG to an extent but only to the extent that if you put in 10 minutes you probably won't get any. In WoW you either get a once per 6~ week chance to get the trinket that user mentioned which has like a 15% chance to drop which then the drop could be replaced by absolute crap drops instead. You can also grind out a random trinket from an NPC, I believe you're soft capped on how much currency you can make in a day/week to buy those random trinkets and it's something like a 1/100 or worse chance to get the right one. Then you have to hope it upgrades item level to become a super trinket.

Use energy to gather, once youre out of energy you either grind for accessories to melt or silver to buy accessories to melt until your energy comes back to gather. You can grind out the Forbidden Books for fragments while youre doing the accessory grind too.

So what you two are saying is you haven't actually hit the wall yet and you're still in the honeymoon phase of the game.
Gotcha

>pay way too much but guarantee that you will get shards
Lets be honest, hards and sharps are easily worth double their current MP price.

One thing about Koreans in BDO is, that they're absolutely fucking trash at this game. I couldn't give less shit about their opinions.

Im saying that you dont particularly enjoy BDOs style of endgame grind and youre incapable of seeing that the same shit goes on in other games.

?????
Why are we suddenly getting to this? I'm only pointing out the parallels in grinding BDO vs. grinding wow.

If not three times since that's about how much it costs on average to buy them through melting accessories.

Basically this game would be greatly improved if sharps/hards were easier to get.

My argument wasn't that I didn't enjoy it.
It's that it's time gated and locked behind rng. Not a grind.
The wall is not a grind. It's like a mobile clicker, you will get there when the game says "here you go" and hands you enough mats and hands you enough luck.

You can never ever ever say in bdo "today I'm gonna go grind out that tet" but you can say "I'm going to try to tet today"
That's a big difference

There could be many improvements made yes

I don't think anyone is arguing against that, but time directly equates money in BDO and money is globally useful. You can't force a tet but you can force the money and materials to keep attempting a tet.
It's fucking infuriating and demoralizing and gives people plenty of reason to stop, but those that don't can put in effort to smooth the process.

In WoW you get attempts that are literally gated by 1 attempt/week for certain items. Wow also similarly has a grind (no-rng grind I'll say) that takes as long as BDO's big grinds do. People can choose whichever one to play they fucking want, or neither, but you can't just say BDO is the only MMO with a horrible wall and RNG and shit.

>come back from hospital to afk fishing
>2 200k rares and 2 golden coelacanths
wtf I love grana now

2 golden coels is a nice little jackpot but you should normally get a lot more 200ks than that. Grana is great! Good luck with your future fishing user

Memory frags are the worse part
Rng to get the book/relics whatever
Rng to get drops and rewards from bundles
And they take a decent amount of time to do.

Accessory enchanting is also a huge pain and is currently 100% supported by login rewards.

Failstacking is the worst part, it is painfully slow. And having to be unlucky to get lucky is just a dumb idea.

If I could change a single thing about the game it would be removing the failstack mechanic. It's so nonsensical to me and just silly.

I said worst part twice...
Mem frags are the worst part to get
Fail stacks worst part to do

Ill call the enhancing system terrible when it deletes your TET Kzarka on failure unless if you spend 4,99 on one time use pearl shop item
but I also buy everything I have patience

Speaking about the wall.
Does getting to 500 GS requires you to pass the wall?
Heard from the forums that the minimum gear score to enter end game pvp content is 500.

I tried buy
2bil on a preorder for my tet dande
It sat there for 2 months without popping. Most times it didn't go to pre order, and I lost every bid phase.
After 2 months I took it off pre order for good, tried to enchant myself and that 2bik is gone now and I don't have a tet

The "wall" is around 480 unless you're stacking dp then the wall is like 510

You can not get past the wall, you have to go back.

So if the forum is correct.
480 isn’t good enough to enter end game pvp content?
That’s a bummer

This is my gear and its going to require tets or something to hit 500
bdoplanner.com/s/zJxu0U7I

I have only enhanced red nose and blue coral myself
but since my hardcore afk fishing never got me past lv58 so Im still cannon fodder in pvp

480-490 is good enough even for sieges, doesn't matter if you bring 30 510's or 90 480's.

480 is enough for most enjoyable PvP in BDO, much less than that even. You need 500 if you're joining a siege guild. It's probably pretty fun and prestigious to be in a siege guild but that's basically the top 5% if that. 400 is the general starting point for node war PvP which is endgame pvp, some require lower. 500 if you want to be the equivalent of a server/world first raider in games like wow or xiv.

If you're a witch wiz striker or Dk you can easily manage
Most guilds will take you with around 480 and you'll just be another body
Bodies win wars not gear for the most part
100 450gs people are going to beat 50 500gs people

Also don't go into node wars expecting much.
It's just a giant aoe zerging fest
Fun maybe 1% of the time the rest it's standing around or rolling in a deathball

The best pvp is just 1v1 or 3v3 in an arena but the game doesn't give incentive for that

Nah one 500+ GS guy can easily take on 3-5 non softcapped.

If those three can't figure out how to use a CC ability yeah
But most people know how to press a button

Nigger you won't be doing shit with 450 GS. Doesn't even matter how much CC you spam.

Playing this game to drink reddit tears when they talk about strikers

you should do the same user

Yeah we get it blah blah wizard 2.0

Playing this game to drink /bdog/ tears when they talk about me

you should do the same user

Nice try kid

>hit level 50
>end up fucking around with beer making, fishing, and trading
I feel like this isn't the best way to make money or progress, but I'm concerned with fags with better gear tearing up my old man ass if I fuck around outside of towns.
Should I focus or life skills until I can buy better gear or should I take a chance?

why does no one ever post maehwa outfits? ; _ ;

You're overestimating just how often PK happens, people won't kill you unless you're trying to grind near their spot and even then they'll probably just try to tell you to leave.

I just got awakened on my valkyrie
What are some good weapons or armor that I can start working on to upgrade. I don't have a lot of money since I'm new so preferably something that I can buy cheap. Just looking for stuff that can serve me for a while as I get more money for the actual good stuff

It's one of the dead classes because it needs gear and level 60 before you can do anything

Meawha is literally one of the FotM classes atm

Get a +15 Rosar / Krea / Yuria and a +15 Vangertz, get roaring magical armor from the quest line and fill out the rest of your gear with +15 Heve and then grind for Asula accessories in Helms Post / Abandoned Iron Mine / Elric Shrine, upgrade your green awakening weapon to +15.

Then you just work on getting that stuff to DUO/TRI and go from there.

>Guilds
>Eu
>Valor
ummm, explain?

I never see any

PK is useless
the other guy gets short 1 minute jog from node and you lose like 100000 karma
karmabombing is the only way to win pvp, at least the neg karma guy will get minor inconvenience from town guards and randoms that try to bother him

How come some people get randomly attacked by guards near velia storage? Is this some death grind spot?

Yep, they get negative karma and then move there so they can die and downgrade equipment for failstacking purposes. Once you're at -500 Karma guards will attack you.

I wish the Witch wasn't such a brain numbing class. They look pretty cool.

Thanks senpai
>rosar/krea/yuria
does it matter which one?
And do I just get them to +15 and not worry about using legendary upgrades on them or what not?

Rosar would be the ideal one to get, but any of those will do just fine, not a huge difference. Also yeah, I forgot, you should upgrade everything with the Ultimate Reform Stone, although maybe you'd wanna try to get them to PRI first.

Just go with price/availability

So whats everybody doing rn?