How much (in USD) do you have in cryptocurrencies right now?

How much (in USD) do you have in cryptocurrencies right now?

no lies...

Other urls found in this thread:

bitinfocharts.com/correlation.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have about USD 1,300

fuck off

1023. feels bad

I´m not from IRS, I swear

A little over 30k

I wanna suck on those tits

If you're an old fag in either BTC or ETH, you have millions. If you caught ETH or BTC at middle height, you have 10-100k USD. If neither of those happened, you have under 20k USD.

/thread

Fuck you Jew

about 8k.

22 and ~5k by the end of the week at this rate. Not touching it until 30 to retire hopefully 25

about $20k

I declared my bitcoin gains on my taxes last year

$13,551.89

Mostly in XRP.

Do you think I'll be able to retire to pic related before I get old?

Around 6000€
I started trading with 2000€ about 40 days ago
This is mostly due to ETH and BitBay

>I declared my bitcoin gains on my taxes last year

Same. Though I've never actually cashed out to dollars.

$0
I can't bring myself to trust them as an investment.

ive been thinking of doing this. i saw someone wearing an ripple shirt on tv when watching the warriors game. must have been a good sign. How many are u holding and where u think it will be in 6 months?

only about $1000. I have over 10k sitting in my bank but I'm afraid to invest it and get fucked over. I'll stick with the stock market, I have $12k in ETFs there.

$250k

$500

god im a poorfag

Started with 300€ at 12€/eth, was lucky enough to sell the peak and went all in on 8cent/pivx

Been swing trading pivx since and got a total of 5000 right now

About 40 grand

>$4,200

$14,000 nearly on the dot. Doesn't include the 700 in profit sitting in a fresh margin position i took.

Started with $6000 a year ago. Should have been up to around $35,000 but I lost a bunch as a newfag who had never traded before. let alone crypto. If i just bought and held ETH I'd have double the profit.

Thankfully I learned my lesson and now only take long positions.

about 150. new to this game and let faucets do most of the providing :) I'll put money in if I can grow my trading accounts by 100%

bout 150, just starting university, never made any substantial savings until now in my life, don't think I really could've, send help

>How many are u holding

>where u think it will be in 6 months?

I really don't have a clue. My plan is to just hold for 5 years or so and hope by then it's really really high and not 0.

jelly i only have 6k at the moment and planning to buy more very soon. see you on the moon

Thought you didn't have to claim until you cashed out, because you never sold the investment.

Well, I used BTC to buy XRP, XMR, DASH and so on.

Each transaction is a taxable event (I think).

Like I've bought bitcoin at $200 and then used some of it to buy other crypto when bitcoin was over $1000.

I'm guessing the IRS sees a profit there even though I never converted the BTC into USD.

So I used bitcoin.tax to calculate the gain and put it on my tax forms.

Yes. Let the tax man take your money. Good goi.

~$3,500 (7k profit as of right now)

At some point the IRS will get all the records from every exchange if they haven't already.

They'll probably wait to act until the shit really hits the fan and the dollar tanks.

Then they'll come after everyone and use back tax penalties as a pretext to just pilfer everyone's entire holdings so they can keep paying for all of society's dead weight and parasites.

I'd rather just keep my nose clean and not worry about it.

I will gib you USD 1 in btc to help you, user

$666,583
Actually it's more like $734k, since I valued AGRS only with half of it's exchange rate due to low liquidity.

It just went up and up and up... and up... and there was no real weakness in the market or any indicators such as crypto related search volumes. It's not even funny anymore and I only live on 650€ per month and wouldn't know how to spend much more without wasting it.

Can you fawking send an excel template for that. too lazy to make one

Very nice.

What'd you start out with and how long ago?

To each their own.

I bought 180 btc when it was still in the single digits, held them for years.
(For perspective, I have about $350K in stocks and shit since I'm a lonely software engineer with few expenses.)

I sold 40 of them around $900 each recently since bitcoiners are in civil war and I was slightly afraid of ethereum winning.

Ethereum can suck a dick though. It's too complex for its own good, and they handled the DAO terribly. I'll really hate if they win.

tryin to set up a pro portfolio like you, where do you get historical data from?

pls share the excel file, crypto master !!

I have about ~1.5 BTC so far. Started about 2 months ago with nothing but 15 USD of mining profits.

$200 just started today

I have been involved since BTC started in 2009 but thought this shit would go nowhere, never bought anything and underestimated network effects. Finally bought some LTC, DOGE and other Alts in late 2013 and eventually went all in Altcoin early last year.

Started following the markets since the dot-com bubble which happened when I was in primary school, then started investing into precious metals 2008 with around 11k€ (saved over multiple years from shit tier student jobs, maybe 2-3k€ can be traced back to gifts) , along came some mining stocks... then did some stuff with automated trading systems and finally ended up with everything in crypto.

coinmarketcap.com
(Excel: Data -> New Query ->from other sources -> from Web ->then put in the website)
Put the data on a separate sheet, make that it updates the data every few minutes.
In your main sheet use vlookup formular to access the coin data from the data sheet.
Every Veeky Forumsnessman should be able to build this. Otherwise better don't get involved with crypto. Also, there are apps and web services that offer similar capabilities.

$200

ur a fucking idiot

>Old fag
>Eth

Pick one

This board went from zero eth threads/shills to over 50% being eth shills

The dump will be fun to watch

Here comes the tax man.

Really though, if this stuff actually does go to the moon do you really think the local mafia err I mean government won't expect their cut?

really? nice user
whats your strategy?

$3300
25% btc
25% eth
50% stratis

Boss reply, thx. Getting the auto-pulls from coinmarketcap.com helps. Wondered if you use something for historical daily price data, need for portfolio variance/covariance estimation & risk mgt. Feeling quite good about excel, data sourcing has been the challenge :o

Why?

If you haven't cashed out, the gains haven't been realized... You've paid tax on gains that can vanish next week and the IRS isn't going to offer a refund

>paying tax
cuck

I have $3640 in ETH as of right now. Only 18 yo so I'm doing pretty well.

>portfolio variance/covariance estimation & risk mgt.
Just spreading out investment over a few coins should be sufficient. Following very basic principles gets you like 80-90% of the way. Once shit really goes down everything is suddenly correlated anyway, since the population of crypto traders is too homogeneous.
However, diversification can be nice in good times to keep the ride upwards smooth and idiosyncratic risk low.

Here is a good (but very incomplete) correlation matrix: bitinfocharts.com/correlation.html

Scratch that 10k by eom

thx for your help user

I'm both.
:D

Still not lambotier tho.

1000 in sept.
24000 from feb-march
1300 now. Margin trading is toxic when youre a dumbfuck

About $25k, started with $500 in early 2016.

About 7.5k$ in crypto mostly eth/zec, cashed out around 6k$ worth of crypto to fiat. Also owning mining rigs worth around 5k$.

~Ð15,000 . Too the moon, right guy?

About 13,500

120usd, current value 106usd those damn shitcoins

I think I still own a bitcoin which I bought out of novelty way back, how much are they worth now? Should I sell it now before I forget about it again?

wait, maybe it was a dogecoin