/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: extremely outdated /hbg/ wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for NV Tegra. Release & firmware info is supposedly coming soon. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has announced a "Homebrew Launcher" GUI, coming February 1st. Won't work past 3.0.0. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will make the Switch fully hacked. There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a 34c3 lecture. youtube.com/watch?v=dFLF9SY0Jgs

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
infinity.lolhax.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bought an r4i gold rts plus. Can’t seem to get Pokemon Black 2 to run. I tried one that seemed vanilla, then one with an AP patch.
Running latest wood firmare.
Tips? Is this an AP thing or did I get two duds?

I'm glad this tech support general is finally dead.

Heh. He thinks it's dead. Just you wait, goy, in 8 weeks you ll regret you even dared to say. :^)

Yeah I'm sure Nintendo Switch hax tech support will surely revive this thread.

Switchax is here
Moralfags status acessment:
[ ] Unequivocally BTFO
[ ] Continuosly BTFO
[x] Eternally BTFO

>Failoverflow release coldboot
>Xecuter release modchip
>meanwhile the faggots with their "homebrew" are completely ignored

What a glorious time this is.

homebrew = literally who

Backup era baybeeeee

Is it even possible to play backups yet?

Not yet, but both Fail and Xecuter promise us many things.

I propose we rename to /lbg/. Legal back up general.

Homebrew fags can rest in piss on reddit.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr m8ies

>tfw psvita is 3.67

Fugggggg i just want to play games

But you can play every Vita game, which is more than a hacked one can.

thread says it’s saf until 3.60

i wanna play classic ps games and psp games

You can play all of those though. You just need to buy them.

>buy

not if you’re outside america or japan or yurop

Anyone know of gen 6 Pokemon rom hacks that add gen 7's roster? Seems like it wouldn't be too complicated given that they appear to run on the same framework.

Vita is region free. It's a bit of hassle but getting a second memory card for a new PSN account and some PSN buxx isn't too difficult.

no thanks i’d rather wait for newer versions where i can hack my vita

Don't worry, you only need to wait 5 hours for that.

>just buy another ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory card goyim
Sony deserves everything and worse

I mean, it's not REQUIRED since you can back everything up, format the card, make a new PSN, back that one up etc each time but eh. You'll probably just break the shitty-ass card quicker that way.

how many people here are actually going to risk hardmodding your Switch?

Me. My chink mate is a god with the solder. Its like he is literally automated himself.

Why not? A switch is only, what, $300?

>The virgin homebrew launcher VS. the chad backup loader

The virgin stock unit VS. The tranny twink homebrew launcher VS. the chad backup loader

bump

What firmware do the black friday super mario n3ds systems come with?

What are some good PS3 and PSN games (don't have to be exclusives) that I should play?

So far I'm going to get NieR, Odin Sphere L, Oblivion, P3,4,&5, 3D dot game hero's, Yakuza games, MGS games, Resident Evil games, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Evil Within, Folklore, LoH Trails games, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance games, Demons Souls, Ico&Shadow HD, Red Dead, Tales of games, Akibas Strip, Resonance of Fate, Shovel Knight, Saints Row 2-3, Far Cry 4, Diablo 3, SF:IV, and some others that I can't think of at the moment.

11.0 I think.

i finally got a reliable way to restart webman's shitty ftp server, only problem is, my settings get wiped everytime, anyone know what files do i copy from the ps3 so i can just paste the settings again? not at home right now so i figured i'd ask here since i'm bored, but i'll check it out when i get home

I got out my old ass wii u sitting on 5.5.1 because I got a pro controller real cheap
Last I was using it I was using loadiine
Should I update it
And is there a permanent cfw thing for it
If so is it a bitch to set up and likely not worth it (note, I lack an external drive for gamss so I'm limited to like a 32gb sd) or should I go through shit for it
Last I remember there was a cfw, it required a ds game, but latest update broke hax, so I couldnt get it

WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

TN screens

>tfw want to record and stream 3ds
>can either send my 3ds away for like $300 to be modded
>or buy a N3DS, but N3DS haven't been on sale since last year's BF

Lol enjoy your ghosting ips fag

ok i found it, it's in /dev_hdd0/tmp/wm_config.bin
thought i was gonna have to abandon webman for multiman

I think I fucked up my PS3 and I need some help.
So I just recently jailbroke my PS3 and was going on my business downloading and setting up games which was fine and all but after I went into PSNPatch and tried to install some plugins I can't seem to reboot without having it freeze after 5 seconds or so.
Am I fucked or is there a way to fix this?

whats so special about the coldboot shit that makes it different from all other homebrew loaders?

I haven't touched my old 3DS in a year. How do I check what custom firmware I'm using so I can get up to date?

Can anyone explain how to format a 4TB external to MBP fat32 for PS3?
Cannot get it above 2GB on Windows 7
won't show on XP without a drive letter
Help pls thx

Seems I'm on arm9 and luma.

What's happened since?

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

b9s has replaced arm9

Honestly the easiest way to get b9s is just revert your firmware to v9.0, delete everything from your sd card, and start from scratch using the plailect guide. That is if you don't mind losing all your games/status and reinstalling them.

You can't format a single partition/drive that's larger than 2TB as FAT32, dumbass.

>Release & firmware info is supposedly coming soon
Says who? fail0verflow doesn't release anything. They're just teasing.

>b9s has replaced arm9

maybe for you

a9lh + 11.2 is still golden firmware

Later windows OS makes it difficult but it is possible

>accidentally install Mario Maker update to system when I had the game and save file on drive
>no biggie, I'll just move it
>move update from system to drive
>it fucking deletes the game and the save file

God, fuck this piece of shit console

Try Ni No Kuni, Ridge Racer, Burnout Paradise, Tokyo Jungle and Star Ocean 4

>jailbroke
>psnpatch
>plugins
you deserve everything

that is what the father of ps3 hacking, geohotz, called it, literally ps3 jailbreak

still, installing plugins on ps3 is always going to break some shit

Buy a 3.60 motherboard and swap it in. It's not too hard as long as you're patient and careful

Can someone post a guide to hacking the PSP in 2017?
All the ones I found on google are old and I'm drunk
The firmware I have is 6.35. idk what method I should use. Thanks

thank god the Virtue Signalers are BTFOd by Xecuter. but if failoverflow is because of Xecuter's announcement, they can go fuck themselves

Download the 6.60 firmware, install it, and then install CFW of your choice.
It's literally that easy and the process has not changed since those older guides were written.

is there no point in the 6.61 fw?
also what's the best cfw on psp or is it all the same shit?

I don't think so. There used to be Infinity 6.61 CFW, but it's unstable and the dev removed all links to it. As far as I know, 6.61 was released to prevent hacking the Vita's PSP environment.

the link is here though, unless this isn't the original: infinity.lolhax.org
if infinity is no good, is there another firmware that's /hbg/'s choice cfw?
inb4 >cakes for psp

Everyone recommends either PRO CFW or LME. They're both basically the same for most people, with PRO being the most popular.

I have a 5.5.1 Wii U with haxchi app to launch into CFW from a year ago.

Is there any point to update to 5.5.2? Will it break anything?
Or should I just leave this shit how it is?
Did coldboot haxchi ever get stable?

Any difference with 660PRO, 639PRO, and 635PRO in terms of functionality?

Just leave it. Your not going to miss anything and plus, you can play online just fine using some spoofers.

It's coldboot. And likely future proof as well.

Also where do I find the PSP firmwares? Everywhere seems to only have dead links

I am, I pretty much played every game I wanted to and I refuse to buy ports of games I already own on PC.

boy do i hate it when people try to put some justification on why they're about to pirate games, usually it's a form of "they don't deserve my money". you're right they don't deserve your money, so you don't buy the games, but why are you pirating it anyway? just don't play them at all if they don't deserve your money
would have been better if you just admitted that you want free games my man, just like all of us in this thread

Hiya /hbg/

Bit of a brainlet question but I have an EvolutionX softmodded Xbox with FTP enabled. I've gotten a PSX emulator working fine, but if I rip one of my Xbox games to run from hard drive, do I just copy the ISO to the correct folder via FTP or is it more involved?

I don't want to read the rest of the conversation, but
>but why are you pirating it anyway? just don't play them at all if they don't deserve your money
I sometimes do this just because I want to complain about them, or at least talk to other people about them. I know they're going to be garbage, but I want to make accurate explanations as to why they're garbage that doesn't deserve money.

Also
>would have been better if you just admitted that you want free games my man, just like all of us in this thread
There's no way "they don't deserve my money" doesn't include "I don't want to pay", it just adds on top of it.

I believe 6.20 can do permanent patch - so it's cfw on boot automatically

you can say "they don't deserve my money/ i don't want to pay" and then proceed to not pirate it

I don't buy nestle products they don't deserve my money, but I steal some kitkats from 7 eleven sometimes just so I can complain about the taste to my kitkat eating friends

vs

i like free kitkats tastes good

anyway yeah I was just ranting, I'm a pirate who wants to play games for free, and I am proud of it my dude

Pirating is bad and you are the reason I dress in women's clothing and don't release exploits

Oh man, gonna make a indepth analasis of mario? why does he "wahooo"?

First we must find out the origin of the wahoo and when it was first used in history

I don't have personal experience but from what I understand, yes, it's just a matter of copying the ISO to the right place.

Unironically this. Plugins are janky garbage and no one should be using them.

Hi Reggie Feelsgay
Why tho
Yeah update its safe for haxchi, buy the game and don't Jew
Good point actually. Why are they releasing a switchhak but not PS4hax?
Just go with PRO
At least you won't breed. I'll keep pirating as long as there are hax. I could learn to hax but haven't needed to.

With PS3 games in the folder format one can, or rather sould, always delete the 'Update' directory and .PUP inside it, right?

yes

it's the only way to have ftp server on the ps3.

now maybe you can finally play a real mario game

Is there a way to play Halo CE on PC without the old disc?

this is homebrew not piracy man
but yes just steal the crack off of somewhere

This is not happening. The vita scene is fucking shit and lazy

infinity exists

How do you get react PSN to work? It just crashes and sends me back to the home scree and I wanted to play some .pkg games.

so anyone tried retroarch on switch?

>this is homebrew not piracy man

>Implying

I need some lewd ps3 games to make cummies to. Which games do you suggest?

It's homebrew and hacking, which includes cracking

OK but we don't want pcfaggots here so you need to fuck off now

>we
Speak for yourself.
I agree btw :3

Is there any way to hack in characters in FE Echoes? I missed Tatiana and Zeke because I'm a brainlet and have no legit way of getting them back. I'm already almost finished with the game and can not be bothered to start over. I just want to finish the game with all units intact.

GTA IV gay tony has a fully uncensored male penis
God of war let's you bang whores
There's probably some Japanese only otaku creep shit out there too

speaking of GTA, V has tits and benis. One of the random events is a naked old guy.
Niko also has a profile on the dating site and Jimmy is looking at it in the house.
There is also a shitload of pantyshots to be had.

As for otaku tier, natsuiro high school aka metal gear pantsu: tactical pantyshot action (not the title);

What fucking games does the Switch even have after the flagships?it's not like there's a MHW or a Souls or even a decent JRPG like Saga Frontier or FF or DQ.
I own one (already had a Wii U so I finished BOTW) and its on 2.1.0 but I feel like selling it once hax appear because it might be worth more than I paid for it.
Do one of those infographics exist for Switch?

>GTA IV gay tony has a fully uncensored male penis
That's Lost and Damned.

Is there a consistent website that I can download Wii isos?

My 3ds fw is at 11.0 and luna3ds at 5.5. I saw that there is a new freeshop and that I need to update luma to b9s manually. Is there anything else I need to do? Did any essential software get replaced?