/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

First Sortie of the New Year

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Infinos Gaiden
store.steampowered.com/app/771070/Infinos_Gaiden/
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Plasmo_STG/status/950570916748017665
youtube.com/watch?v=3oRnn3Q4EJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for poojins are poo

2018 is dog year, not fish!

It's not February yet and there are still plenty of cocks to go around in this thread.

anyone has experience with this controller?

Dogfish!

twitter.com/Plasmo_STG/status/950570916748017665

find a dead shmup and become one of the legends to hold a Western World Record, boys

Did he got cucked by Sof-WTN or why is his Donpachi score not listed there?

That is what I use for PC shmup'n when not using a stick. Wireless 360 S PC controller. I got an optional rechargeable battery pack and stand so I don't have to mess with constantly changing out batteries. All that being said it is a fantastic controller and I do highly recommend it. I have been through many controllers in my time but without a doubt I can say this one is the single best I have ever had for PC.

Does anyone have the webm of Mushimesama's stage 3 boss final attack on ultra?
That attack was gorgeous.

If you are comfortable with analogue sticks it is pretty good for shmups.

I played cave games with the analogue controller

remember most of them played on emulator

stop trolling, no one use analog for shmuppin

plasmo is Japanese

t. Keyboard meme player

No, he is German. He just lives in Japan.

I was used to play with arcade stick, so analogue is like a mini arcade stick to me. On the other side I'm bad with d-pad controlling since I was a kid. The downside with 360 controller (or maybe joysticks overall) is when you have to deal with more than 3 buttons shmups like Deathsmiles or DFK Power-style.

fucking this

will we ever be able to emulate Gamshara?

youtube.com/watch?v=3oRnn3Q4EJQ

I don't get it he isn't doing that face at all

we can now conclude: Japan > China > USA > Germany > *

are any other cucktries even trying?

He is still showing his face though.
Show me any japanese player who does this, except for Kuckmui

As a german myself I hate to say this, but modern germans are beta cuck nu-males as fuck. It's just disgusting how stupid and pathetic modern germans are.

I think it's unfair to compare Japan to the rest of the countries, since in the west people are often not even really trying to get a WR, since it wouldn't count on mame anyway.

>muh arcadia rules
what a cuck

Then why would you even try getting a WR if not for the fame?
Take that chinese DOJ player for example. Do you really think anyone gives a shit about him? Noone cares, because he played on emulator.

It's just not worth it trying to get a WR on an emulator.

do the guys in stunfest count?

i am sure, he does not care what anyone says
only cuck westies play video games just to get attention from community and shit

Every WR player does this for the fame.
They do it because they want to go down in shmup history. And playing on emulator won't let you go down in shmup history, no matter how good your score is.

fuck off with this shite,everyone including the japs accept wy's wr and he plays on arcade aswell, it's such a non point, it's like you're somehow believing emu is so different when for doj it's fucking almost 100% and certainly would never make a difference to a high level player.

>everyone including the japs accept wy's wr
t. westie no-name mame player who has no idea what he is talking about
Most JPN players probably don't even know about this chinese player.

>As a german myself I hate to say this, but modern germans are beta cuck nu-males as fuck.
This is accurate. Same here to, most of the country has been completely subverted into left wing hell, weak, anti strength, anti unity, pussified opinions, can't hold proper discourse and completely enslaved by consumer culture whilst letting the country die, the most pathetic generation of all time who deserve what's coming. Plasmos also a complete bellend.

>muhhhh japon
Grow up buddy, no one cares but you and being a weaboo nip sucker got old in 2010. wy has 20k hrs in the game, that's why he has the wr. Unless you are saying emu is easier and can prove it then you have no argument.

Just read a news about the town where a 15 yo girl was killed by a "refugee" here ag´fter her father allowed his daughter to fuck with this 30 yo old guy who told everyone he was only 19.

Perhaps you heard of this town called "Kandel". Instead of trying to prevent things like this from happening again, they are now organizing a town meeting under the slogan "Kandel ist bunt/ Kandel is colorful".

Another news said they are going to decide about the "Familiennachzug" in March. So all the "refugees" most likely will be allowed to bring all their families too, which means we will have 5 times the amount of "refugees here. And dare anyone trying to say anything against this! Evil nazis!

This country is fucking dead and nothing but insanity anymore here.

I am not talking about my own opinion you retard. I am just saying how it looks like. Playing on emulator doesn't get recognized. Even chinese themselves say that playing on emulator is "unacceptable".

seems you like sucking asian dicks

Where am I sucking any dicks here? I am just saying how this community works. It's not my fault that's how things go in this community.

he like little yellow frankfurter

>muh community
you don't even have own opinion, so you are cuck

soyboys: play shmups for "fame" and (western) world records
chads: play shmups for fun and get world world records

The fuck are you even talking about, Ivan? Learn english before posting.

>yes hello, of course all the japanese superplayers are pure and innocent and never play for attention only for fun

>of course all the japanese superplayers are pure and innocent and never play for attention only for fun
post evidence to the contrary, soylent sucker

If they would only play for fun they would probably never achieve a world record. Playing for records on such a level is not fun. This is just hard work.

>they don't find it fun because i say so
well that ends this debate

>that ends this debate
That's probabkly for the better, since debating with lack of common sense makes no sense at all.
If you had common sense you would realize that playing for a WR is not just fun.

someone posted a quote from SWY on shmup forum that said when he plays shmups he's playing for fun

explain that soyboy

He is lying. SWY never played for fun, he played for competition. He played because he wanted the best, not because he wanted to have fun.

If you only care about fun, you will never get a record.

>h-h-he's lying!!!
lmao at your life

*wanted to be

You can't seriously believe that someone who plays shmups 10 hours every fucking day still does this just for fun.

1. when did he say he played 10 hours every day
2. time flies when you're having fun

>when did he say he played 10 hours every day
It's common that superplayers play a shitton. Otherwise they would never be able to get tjis good. They play pretty much daily for several hours.

>time flies when you're having fun
Sure, but if you play the same shit over and over again, then it's hard to call this fun anymore.

people plays mmos ten hours every day for many years

MMOs have a billion times more content than a shmup

and they don't even have any western records to show for it

mmos also don't require effort to play
they are also never the same and you can interact with people constantly there

it's a completely different kind of game
playing shmups is much more like a sport

>have no evidence for any of your claims
>top jap says he plays for fun
>call him a liar, with no evidence once again
the absolute STATE of the kraut

SWY said himself he played for competition, when he talked about how he had a score race with an other DDP player. He said he wanted to be #1. If he just played for fun, he would not care about being #1 or not. He would just play the game and have fun.

i fixed my controller, but now feelings kind of wrong
broken controller was better lmao

>feelings kind of wrong
you can fix a controller, but you can not fix a broken heart

competing for #1 is part of the fun

he's keep playing after wr

Competing for #1 is also hard work though.
I guess we are just talking semantics at this point, but to me "playing for fun" is rather playing casually. Playing for #1 can be fun too, but i would rather call this "playing for competition", because it also implies a lot of work.

keksui is shit meme game
>mindlessly shoots 901275801750 suicide bullets at u
wow epic

Cave is just try-hard shit. They made great games, but their 2 loop games are just silly.

if he's only playing for competition please explain why he's playing DOJWL A-S these days to the point he got WR with this ship, despite the fact that now ones else plays this ship or even kept track of score made with shot types

welcome to half the shmups that loop

also competition can be fun, it's actually the most fun thing when you love scoring

>now ones else plays this ship or even kept track of score made with shot types
I don't believe this. I'm sure there are many people playing it. Perhaps it's an unpopular ship, but I doubt in a game as popular as DOJ still exists an unplayed ship.

Of course it can be fun. I never assumed anything else.
However, if you think it's impossible to become tired of a game, then why ever play anything else? Why not just keep playing a single game your whole life and push it to the absolute extreme? I will tell you why. Because you become sick of the game after some time and want to play something else. And this also will definitely happen when you try to achieve a world record.

>but I doubt in a game as popular as DOJ still exists an unplayed ship.
Few people can beat DOJ even with the easiest ships. Of course only the superplayers would go beast with the hardest.

that's why you don't try to achieve a world record, but play for self-improvement (which may involve bettering fellow players) and personal enjoyment instead, as SWY may or may not have done

t. someone who plays a poojin that 3 people on the planet have on their pc

Still doesn't prove that it's an unplayed ship. There are a shitton of very good players in Japan, and DOJ is one of the most popular games. I don't believe one word that the ship is unplayed.

You can not play for personal enjoyment, when you become tire dof the game, idiot.

Are you honestly this stupid to believe that SWY never got tired of a game? He may be good, but not that good.

Of course it is not literally unplayed. There are simply no super play level scores with it, because few can do those scores with easier ships to begin with.

literally perikles

>Are you honestly this stupid to believe that SWY never got tired of a game?
yes that's why he has WR in loads of games instead of being a pitiful one trick pony

>Of course it is not literally unplayed
Then what is your problem? That SWY seems like he wants to catch an easy record? He probably got old and only does pussy records now.

There is no way to proof that he never got tired of a game, so stfu.
It is very unlikely though that he never got tired, because he played the shit out of games, and it#s just natural to become tired then.

>no high level scores known to man
>pussy record
s t a t e of the kraut

i said he likely does get tired of games eventually. that's why he got the WR is countless games instead of being a one trick pony that only plays one game for his entire life
fucking kraut learn to read

SWY has not only doj scores you dicks

I see, I misunderstood this then.

Your answer was also retarded though. You answered with "yes" on my question, so I had to assume you actually really believe that he never got tired.

Learn to write dumbass.

watching agdq makes me hate people

speedrunners are the dregs of society, the lowest form of humanity

It's an extremely toxic community. Just do it like me and watch the Bob Ross stream instead. He is currently offline, but that's a really chill stream with cool meme chat.

>cool meme chat.

name the top 5 soyboys in shmups

>he doesn't like Bob Ross memes
You have no soul

cee, cream and you

1. Softwink
2. Kamui
3. Trap
4. that Mushihimesama trannie
5. Cream

>he plays shmups because they are "retro"

heh, enjoy your modern games, kid. i'll be over here playing HARDCORE games from yesteryear. nothin personnel.

agreed, we should all start playing modern shmups like

touhou lunatic legacy, the highest rated game in the history of steam

ikaruga

FUCK