/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Deviljho Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=kahQKbMiJ5U
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=A1YcjzUomLs
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qbUTFg_T7ro
youtube.com/watch?v=8H0U-x-_5Lc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Huntresses

Spicy iguana.

xth for I'm insecure and just want to use a respectable weapon in World

Sup, nigga.

As a CBabby this image offends me greatly and I urge you to delete it as soon as possible.

no such thing
no matter what weapon you use, someone will find fault with it

>Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)

I want to fondle miss cat's budding nipples while I finger her kitty cunny and lick her armpits!

I'd rather just hug her.

Knowing _only_ GS is unrespectable. Knowing GS is not.

what are you talking about, Its Groudon

>No additional download necessary for players who have already saved the Monster Hunter: World™ Beta to their system storage during the first two betas.
Interdasting. So the "new" monsters and quests were actually on-beta DLCs already included?

Hammer is the way
youtu.be/qbUTFg_T7ro

I've never played the games, but I've been hearing hype for the new one?

Will I enjoy it if I like playing games alone? Will I enjoy if I don't like grinding?

>Will I enjoy if I don't like grinding?
No

I forgot to edit that out. Sorry about that.

Probably, everything can be done solo
Depends what you mean by grinding

I think so, Nerg already in the beta but they only activate it now in the third beta.

me first

>Will I enjoy if I don't like grinding?

Hunting the same monster multiple times isn't grinding. Grinding is doing the same repetitive shit like in MMORPGs or JRPGs. In MH every hunt is unique, and in World the monsters don't even spawn in a fixed location anymore.

>and in World the monsters don't even spawn in a fixed location anymore.
LOL

i want meowstress to shoot me in the face

I'm talking about the quest targets, not "environmental danger" kind of monsters like Diablos and Rathalos in the Beta.

>Grinding
It's rather inaccurate to call it that honestly. With grinding you pretty much have to do the same shit over and over again and there is no workaround. With MH, RNG dictates if you get that LEDJ on your first hunt or spend the next 10 hunts trying to get one. I don't know which one is worse.

Not that user, but I personally differentiate between them by calling performing repetitive actions with a guaranteed result that slowly adds up - "farming", and with random chance - "grinding".

xbox

>chainsaw duals are back
Fuck yes, hope there's a killer armor look to go along with the weapon

>Chainsaw duals
World doesn't have Khezu, so from which mon is that?

Weren't all the chainsaw weapons just Ore + Electric Monster parts? Khezu weapons are weird bloody flesh sticks.

chainsaw is ore

Given how they are designing the weapons in the game, it's probably gonna be metals/ores and some simple electricity mats like Thunderbug or something

I have a PS4 and a PC, and I'm contemplating double dipping on MHW.
Autumn 2018 is so damn far away, and I really want to play MHW. But console games are pretty damn expensive here. And not just that, but on PS4 MHW requires PS+ subscription for multiplayer, the money from which wouldn't even go to the devs.
Also, MH being a game heavily focusing on player progress would mean that I'd have to abandon the PS4 version when it comes out on PC, because I can't possibly make enough free time to maintain two saves.

And I'm worried about poor performance on my slim PS4. I've heard an optional system update actually brought some performance boost for some users, so I'll try that in the upcoming beta. But finally playing MH on a current gen hardware at cinematic 24 fps kinda goes against the whole idea.

HELP ME, BROS. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Ah right, the Khezu part annoyed me before so I assumed that was the case.

Play solo on your PS4 for your single player story mode experience. Get the PC version when it drops in autumn, then play online.

What weapon is /mhg/ going to tackle the Nergigante quest in the final beta with first?

Get whichever one your friends are getting
If the above doesn't apply to you at all and you have a decent PC, then wait for PC

Charge Blade :^)

you wont really have to "maintain" two saves. im sure all dlc will come out on ps4 months before pc so you can experience it there first and then again with friends on pc

It's gonna be GS first then HBG.

I don't really have many friends that are into MH at all. But those few who are, or are planning to get into it are PCfags. I am too mainly, but I own some other platforms as well. I wouldn't be torn like that if they all played on PS4.

>PS4 MHW requires PS+
PS+ only cost 4$/ month using Indo account.

If he is anything like gore i'm gonna take him with dual blades
tripping for days

Lance

It's my "main", and it also looks like it could work really good against nergigante's slow slams with long windups. They're basically extra openings for you to counter attack and KO him.

I really do not know why I never tried HBG before. It's fun as hell.

>Ammo management.

Oh, right. Time for me to git gud.

World isn't grind heavy.

I feel like DBs will be the fastest in dealing with his growing spikes and preventing them from turning into shit points.

sleep tight, /mhg/

Oh that's not such a hassle. Bring some books, bring some combines for the ammo type you plan on using primarily, and go nuts. Just make sure you set your combine list so that it prioritizes the combinations you can actually make, that way you don't have to go very far to start combining.

In World you can even set certain items to autocombine if you have the right materials in your bag.
Honestly, at this point why even make ammo limited?

because they have to at least pretend they want their game to be balanced

> at this point why even make ammo limited?
Because unlimited special ammo would be retarded
You're not really meant to run completely dry on Pierce/Normal once you actually have the resources to restock mid-hunt, unless it's some HP sponge elder dragon maybe.

Yeah, I really meant the three primary ammo types.
Why limit them to 99 at all? The player is still gonna have to bring more combo materials with them, since they're sure as hell not about to switch to normal on their pierce set and vice versa.

What's the best weapon type in MHW?

my favorite weapon type

What's your favorite weapon type?

It's the one he uses the most

That's a secret

>Make all the weapons moves flow and feel amazing in MHW
>using anything other than the fuckhuge finisher is a massive drop in dps

This is some monkeys paw type shit.

That's how it's always been. Except instead of huge finishers you used regular moves with marginally better dps.

>normal level 3 charge has an MV of 90
>strong level 3 charge has an MV of 96
>true level 3 charge has a combined MV of almost 240+
>level 3 tackle + jumping wide slash has a combined MV of almost 160+
>there is no point in using anything except the true charge because it does more damage than both previous charges combined
>even if you didn't want to use the true charge you'd be better off tackle-cancelling every charge into a jumping wide slash
Wow, I really hate this. I thought World would be the game I finally use GS more.

Gotta love the Jawblade.

Too bad it(and GS in general) will probably be shit since this is an HR game and raw is never king in HR games.

Switch Axe. Fuck your spikes.

What are you talking about? Raw is MORE of a king in HR. Flat AuL is better, because HR attack values don't yet reach the point at which Crit Eye becomes competitive.

Unironically HH

sorry im late, how are you doing friend?

Point for point raw after sharpness is consistently good though.

This actually turned me off from a bunch of weapons in the beta. LS, SA, CB, GS all feel great to use but the fuckhuge finisher being an all-the-time thing instead of an only-during-big-openings thing makes them all boring as fuck to play.

You already know the answer..
Double dipping is quite the mistake and if you want to play with friends you'll have to wait for the PC.

However, it doesn't look like youll be able to live with yourself if you dont get the console version, especially if you continue to visit those threads.

So either be patient and forget about MH completely or;
Get console version, pirate pc one and play with friends on hamachi server or some shit like that.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>hype as shit for World
>don't own a ps4
>broke neet

a-am I gonna make it brahs?

That means monster appearance are stored server side.

What's a decent early high rank armor set in gen? At HR5 and feel a bit lost with what to go for.

Guess that's why they forced us to be connected to play even in single player

>sleep schedule is perma-fucked
>the days are crawling by
>still more than 2 weeks away from release
i'm not gonna fucking make it. i'm gonna lose my mind and jump out of a fucking window. I need to find something to pour my time into before I fucking die.

Literally me.

Has anyone decompiled the beta?

It's bad. I haven't been this excited for a game in years. I don't even remember being this pumped for 4U. Everything is lined up for me to pour my life into World, I just need to get there first.

It's not too late to get a small job to cover the price my dude

>There're anons that didn't live to see MHW

even if it wasnt the case they wouldnt allow single player to be accessible.
pure marketing.

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY EVEN LOCK THE TRAINING ROOM?? I WANT TO TRY MY TRADED PRO FOR FUCK SAKE

>there are anons waiting for monster hunter world that will die in the next 2 weeks
>there are anons waiting for MHW that will die before the last beta
for those we have lost. for those we can yet hunt with.

In English please

Woops
youtube.com/watch?v=8H0U-x-_5Lc

I want to BE my favorite monster!

I want to wear my favorite monster as a hat!

It's so ugly

I LOVE Paolumu!

>use hammer against Nerg
>break his horns easily
>they grow back, bigger and blacker and become a shitzone