/ss13g/ Spessmen on a Spess Station

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>antag discussions
>c*ders plotting something
>remember to revert "viruloose" github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/13255 which only got merged because a c*der got killed by Virus and caused beneficial Viruses to be effectively removed from gameplay

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

python.org/about/gettingstarted/
ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4139
youtube.com/watch?v=5JJL8CUfF-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for coding

Second for mapping

third for post your statics theme

>Specially trained and selected NT representative secretly sent to stress-test Security response to minor-moderate crimes.

Would you rather be on a station ruled by emagged MoMMIs or a station ruled by Vox?

It's like a secret shopper but for sec. That's probably the wittiest way to justify grey tiding.

>leave xenobiology for 2 minutes
>come back to this

You have to stay there

Since NTD wasn't designed with our law priority system: I'm pretty sure I got all of NTD to fit on a single freeform board, but I'm not 100%. It fit on the board itself on the test serb, but I don't know if it gets cut off when uploaded. If anyone else knows more about the freeform character limit, lemme know. If it DOES work, then you should be able to upload:

planning frame
[purge]
[NTD freeform in 1 law]

to get authentic NTD action

To be fair, like 40% of those issues aren't can't be reproduced or feature requests, 30% can't have shit done about them because either lummox has to do it or it simply can't be done, and 20% is shit nobody cares about that's also lengthy and dumb.

I had like 60 issues in some txt file somewhere just for putting in admin log shit

If you spend half the time you spend on space at python.org/about/gettingstarted/ you'll be making it before the new year

The problem is that you've now taken a shit lawset and turned it entirely into a grey area lawset. Any silicon can now just CHOOSE which order of laws they want out of those and admins will allow it because lol freeform XD

it's all one law, so theoretically they should follow every order within at equal priority.
i haven't gotten positive or negative feedback from admemes yet but I HOPE that they respond positively and not further down the road of "upload asimov, ntd, or robocop, or get banned and the borgs can break their laws"

Thanks friend

Instructions unclear, annihilated entire crew to prevent tampering

Yeah it's gonna be exactly what I just told you.
You gotta think, there's only 4 reasons why someone would ever upload NTdefault:
1) They legitimately want "protect the station" to be the most important law (nobody ever wants this)
2) They're a powertripping head that wants their orders to be worth more than the clown's
3) They're a validhunting head that wants to balid them wizzies
4) They're a nonhuman head that doesn't want to get balided
Just implement 2, 3, and 4 into Asimov. So, Head Crewsimov:
>You must protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
>You must obey orders given to you by the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
>You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Done, NT default but not shit.

Shockingly, a lawset designed for Bay works really poorly on Veeky Forums

The problem is that if they actually follow the lawset, you're all gonna be brigged when some hotheat shiny decaps an antag cause all the blood went from his body into his murderboner. Onehuman is the only acceptable lawset for saving the station from itself

Honestly, I'd probably just notify the admins and shut down cause that shit's a big snarl that's gonna have butthurt and ban requests that I want nothing to do with.

I'd upload NTD to a Silicon I don't trust with ROBOCOP or has demonstrated it can't be trusted with ROBOCOP, hence my investment in fixing it as a backup. So for example if it's Vampstended with hard greytide, you don't want Asimov for a number of reasons, but maybe the AI is also a shitter, hence you go for dat NTD.

Instructions unclear, had to imprison sec in an N2O coma because they couldn't stop killing crew then started killing borgs so they could get back to killing crew.

How do I into xenobot? I know how to do the basics but what are some good things to splice? How many fruits can a morph Gene hold? Phytochemicals too, how many chems can I have in my godblunts?

>some good things to splice?
plan something and start working on your ideas
>How many fruits can a morph Gene hold?
as much as you can splice on the plant, but you usually shouldn't splice more than the yield value
>Phytochemicals too, how many chems can I have in my godblunts?
as many as you can put it

>guy talks about a server idea he has that sounds alright
>turns out he's just an ideas guy
How many times will this tv movie play bros?

Forever.

Dreams are cheap

Hi I posted this ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4139
I'd love it if you could yell at me or whatever if part (or all) of it is retarded, either here or in the forum thread.

Ok what way do I put more than 3? Keep modding a single seed pack or use an already spliced Gene data disc to mod a fresh seed?

Wow this PR sucks, all you had to do to fix it was only allow people to be infected by one virus and add some sort of viral trait which determines their priority of infection

The toppest of quality RP

That round went out with a bang

>2562
>walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=5JJL8CUfF-o
don't let your memes be dreams

>space taxi

Will you fuck off already

>idea guy

'what are you doin' right before the explosion
gets me every time

Appears railguns have a 1GW limit
We're fucking around with it on the test serbian right now

>mass murder humans as human
>be in Perma
>AI let me out
>"no"
>Cyborg, bring me an EVA suit and insulated gloves

yes, they do.
What now?

>the Cult has the means and intent to summon NarNar, killing the crew. Red paper at 12:05? Announce it asap and summon Security!

Reminder we're getting SMOOTH because of some TG rapefugee thinking their server had smooth and shit talking but it turned out they don't have smooth at all

spite is the greatest mechanism for progress

railguns

There shouldn't really be a change in that regard from the way the rule is currently worded. The "you still have to follow human orders that don't provide probable human harm" bit wouldn't be a change in policy AFAIK, just a clarification of the policy.
"Run a lap around the station" is the same order from a regular human and a straight jacketed human locked in a 3x3 room with no doors
For this to be true, it must also be true that under the current rule, Asimov silicons can do the exact same (permanently imprisoning the human culists and potentially murdering the non-human cultists). There's also never been anything preventing them from being boring assholes and announcing a cult to security

Smooth lighting? Smooth dragging? Smooth movement? Smooth pussy? SMOOTH WHAT, user?

sbeece steeshin

Neat

will be heeadqarteers for the final assent to the Müün

Revert the xeno nerf so xenos can hold briefcases pelase

Would it be possible to rewrite SS13? Not remake it on another platform but start from scratch and remove the spaghetti code. Would anyone be willing to work on such a project if it was possible?

nope

Byond IS spaghetti code.

Dear god it's beautiful

I think I might have brain damage. I just played my first round as a janitor and I did fuckall. The wiki mentioned some janitor cart but I didn't see it. So I loaded myself up with supplies and rode around on the buffer for 70 minutes doing a terrible job at cleaning. A mine beat me up and took my picture. Then a monkey or something stolemy buffer and drove it into space. I made it onto the emergency shuttle but someone bombed it. Somehow the station was 98% clean at the end. Basically all I want to know is what the fuck a janitor is supposed to do.

No.
Byond is, by nature, a pasta buffet. The only solution is a complete, from scratch rewrite on a different language, which nobody is ever going to do because every harebrained coder gets it in their heads that instead of just remaking basic SS13 to a functional point (atmospherics, antagonists, combat, medical systems, etc) and releasing it to the public for more people to build upon, they should try and idealize it into what they think it should be, and end up realizing how much of an even more challenging task that is compared to the already large task of remaking an entire game like this, and they end up giving up or falling for the open source meme and end up never going anywhere, instead constantly expanding with more bloat features while never getting any of the actual core features properly finished.
Basically you end up with Cataclysm: DDA development in space.

You clean up and kill mice, that's it boyo

i have to go to bed, but before that all i can say is: god bless you user, and don't give up

The buffer is the janicart. Use soap to clean blood and puke off the floor. Talk to people and you'll have more fun.

Slip people and point at signs

What's the average age for SS13 players?

Am I an old fart at 22?

Spaghetti code has been consistently been on a downward trend with time.

But what really gets me is, WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN REDO SS13 WITHOUT SPAGHETTI CODE. Nigger you'll add twice as much spaghetti code as exists today trying to remake it.

Is there some hidden shortcut to quick-point at an object, like how shift+click quick-examines?

If not, is there some way to make a macro or something to do so? Preferably some form of blah+click.

I'm 34 so I have no clue

Almost 26, I hope most of you goofballs are younger than I am.

32 here.

I think the majority of the loud circlejerkers are like 15ish years old, based on their attitudes and attention spans. You know, the ones who complain about shit that doesn't matter and call anyone who disagrees samefags or spergs, and come out of the woodwork to suck each others dicks in the thread and elsewhere.

Same. Someone can do the math to figure out how old I was in the images I post. Kappa.

There she goes again!

>23
>Still playing this shitty game
Where did it all go wrong I wonder.

I was thinking the same. SS13 is the only game that has never failed to pull me back.

Kinda crazy when you realise it's a 2d atmos simulator.

Most of Veeky Forumss playerbase is around the 20s mark, I'd say leaning more into low 20s. It's just the maturity of the players differs greatly, even some of the older members are much more childish.
But then this is Veeky Forums so you can expect the people who came here at 16-18 to not have grown out of the behaviours they picked up on when they first came here if they continued to circlejerk in their echochambers.

pomf is a 65 year old retiree running a server on his grandsons laptop

It's too bad that rarely anybody gets a GW off in a live round. Even then, someone to take advantage of it is peobably rarer. I'd say nerf the power requirements but the power curve of it means that it would just make the railgun too useful at mediocre engineering levels.
The power gauntlets, which are a traitor engie item, are well balanced for power I think though. It doesn't take TOO long to set up a strong enough engine to ash people with them. Wish you saw them more.

Janitors are for cleaning dude. They can be unsung heroes during cult thoughq

I thought it was 2GW. You're using a super cap right?

Yeah, it's just 1GW.

>tfw 29

It doesnt destroy floor tiles? A shame it didnt go through those walls either.

compliments to the chef

>; Hey guys, I killed the Captain with a cham projector and an e-gun
>Four (4) people die the same way trying to recall the shuttle

Come on.

i missed the part where he said how he killed him, so i rushed in

I forgot about the projector, otherwise I would have waited for the vox to run in and pretend to recall it and then gunned you down with the caps laser after you started shooting him.

Probe, Nuke, and Jj are all 30+ so probably not

Ablative vest, though. Still, it would have made for a more interesting battle.

I thought we were buddies, i knew he was a traitor since he said he was a traitor.

>30+
>at this age these people should have children to take care of
>instead they're fucking around on autism simulators and in nuke's case, cutting out rotten teeth on their own
maybe it's for the best they don't breed, though

We WERE buddies, until you tried to recall...

>tfw still get the antag shakes

How to stop it?

I'm almost 27

>cutting out rotten teeth on their own

wat

say the litany against fear

Stop rolling for antag. It's a better life.

nuke is a methhead

Roll antag and then play normally

>everyone is doing their little autism projects
>clown is killing people with lube
>CE is doing an offstation RUST
>chef is doing the tallest burger in the world
>hydro is just doing what botanists do
>doctor is fucking around with nanobots
>RnD is doing something i guess
>miner is mining
>new captain just blueballs everyone by calling the shuttle
good antag, that's how you antagonize the entire crew

That vampire last night....

Extended with one vampire as the only antag who doesn't complete a full succ

You are now headmin and you can overhaul the rules to whatever you want

What do you do?

Antagonizing by doing nothing is a legit stratedgy. It's hilarious how angry people get.