Tell me about our nation's greatest president Veeky Forums

Tell me about our nation's greatest president Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/world-war-ii/essays/from-citizen-enemy-tragedy-japanese-internment
latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-le-1227-sunday-tule-lake-internment-camp-20151227-story.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got us out of a crippled economy

Our current president is pretty good

Most people wouldn't be able to walk a mile in his shoes.

He was a stand up guy. Always put his best foot forward.

Lets discuss president arnie.

>Internment camps

Social security a shit

He didn't stop the great depression, market forces did. He didn't enter ww2 soon enough to save France. He was a terrible president. He hated freedom and hated America, his goal was to impede progress as much as possible without causing any suspicion.

>hated america but got elected 4 times

How do I become that good at life?

No one ever said FDR was a saint, and everything considered it wasn't horrific.

Nigga didn't give a fuck. Is he Theodore 2.0?

We actually don't have presidents or head of state. We do not believe in that big leader thingy.

hello ancap

Seriously don't even care about that.

>his goal was to impede progress as much as possible

but y tho

hello /pol/

>everyone I disagree with is part of le /pol/ boogeyman
Neck yourself.

No really I don't care about people who immigrated from an enemy country being put under watch when everything else is going great.
Check someone else's privilege.

No, it's just not caring about the mistreatment of thousands is awful /pol/ish

So which one of these redditors are you?

I never said that Japanese and german americans being forced from their homes and imprisoned was a good thing, but compared to similar efforts in other countries it was better.

>everyone I don't like is Reddit
True, but it was still bad

>people recently plan to come to Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and start slinging /pol/ around like a boogieman
>you start slinging /pol/ around like a boogieman
>"But I'm not one of them guys trust me it's just that everyone who disagrees with me is /pol/."

see

>not caring about the mistreatment of thousands is awful /pol/ish

Or maybe most people recognize it as a minor episode in an administration that stretched over 10 years and encompassed the greatest economic upheaval in modern history and the war that would decide the course of humanity for decades to come.

Anyone who says
>part of le /pol/ boogeyman
is part of le /pol/ boogeyman

gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/world-war-ii/essays/from-citizen-enemy-tragedy-japanese-internment
latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-le-1227-sunday-tule-lake-internment-camp-20151227-story.html

The economy >>>>> a minority of people being relocated.

>people have been saying go back to /pol/ since the beginning of Veeky Forums little over a year ago
>it's so far as to be in the sticky that has existed for most of this board's lifetime "Veeky Forums is not /pol/ with dates

>people on Veeky Forums have told people to go back to /pol/ for years

Fuck off paranoid /pol/ack

requesting that comic where the vizer tells the king that imposters has infltrated the kingdom, but then the vizer is a imposter who kills the king, but the king is also an imposter

>>people recently plan to come to Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and start slinging /pol/ around like a boogieman
you act like this is something new

>say I don't care about people being relocated when the economy is doing so good because of our horrific track record of being able to even have a good economy
>get immediately called /pol/ like I'm going to care about your shitty shame tactic

What point are you trying to make?

That Japanese Interment wasn't a minor episode compared to The Great Depression & WW2 where the security & prosperity of the entire country and by extension the whole Western liberal world order hung in the balance?

It seems fatuous to me to color Roosevelt's entire administration by what happened to the ~120,000 Japanese Americans.

Your prissy world view will get discarded when you go without food for one day.

Japanese Americans being interned was not a sacrifice that needed to be made. It was done out of fear and hatred.

>Yom Kippur

>It was done out of fear and hatred.
>le ebin progressive buzzwords

go back

>Japanese Americans being interned was not a sacrifice that needed to be made

I won't disagree with you, but have some perspective. How significant was Japanese internment compared to his role leading America through The Great Depression and WW2?

I know exactly what you're talking about but not on home pc. Just google 'oglaf shapeshifter.'

>Fear
>Hatred
>Buzzwords
true, but I still wouldn't call him the best president.

>t. cletus

damn those minorities amirite?

They are buzzwords because they're used as such.
They basically mean "stuff I'm opposed to".

His neurotic fixation came to saturate every fiber of his being conferring an almost inhuman level of determination. The single minded pursuit of his perverse goals necessitated him casting aside all other follies and he developed a kind of ruthless pragmatism which made him very effective in the political arena.

He was brainwashed by the oddfellows society and later illnesses took their toll on his mental health.

Thanks a lot senpai

pic related

Lolwat
The depression leaked into two of his terms, he never got us out or sank us deeper.

this guy

>>>/leftypol/

Unfortunately he couldn't uncripple himself.

>Makes point
>Call him Hitler
I don't say this often, but you need to go back to ribbit. Hell, you need to go back to Twitter or Facebook.

But Hitler saved the German economy at the cost of rounding up an ethnic minority. Just like FDR.

> but have some perspective.

M8 you are talking to an American liberal

Japanese internment had nothing to do with economics you bellend

>confiscate Jap businesses and properties because they were successful then selling handing them out to less successful whites
>nothing to do with economics

You fucking moron, Hitler "saved" the Germany economy by plundering the treasuries of the countries he took over, you cant dig GDP out of the rubbish pile in some Jewish businesses. The Nazi economy was a shit show.

Tell that to the millions of Japanese people he bombed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Innocent children not even dog Japanese war criminals.
Fucking amirfarts

FDR didn't order the bombings, he was dead for a couple months before that happened.

Interesting question. How would his legacy be different had he been the one to order the dropping of the bombs?

Because if they did, they wouldn't be able to walk

>Implying the camps were a bad idea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident

>The New Deal didn't stop the great depression, market forces did.

You may be correct about the first, but you are wrong about the second.

"Market forces" is literally a spook.

I think you mean 6 million

What do you want to know about him?

did he really kill JFK? (he did)

Ah yes, Roosevelt...The disgusting degenerate who had an incestual marriage with his 5th cousin.

Just fuck my immigration policy and big cities up

He's a terrific dancer, terrific

Unironically Barack Obama. Came into office with a crap situation, got us healthcare, ended an unpopular war, killed bin Laden, and saved a broken economy with huge unemployment. Currently overseeing a transfer of power to a man he despises for the good of the country.

Anf all this while a Republican Congress obstructed and sabotaged him at every turn for six of his eight years.

Obama will be missed.

That's the joke you fucking autist

Especially by the families of those cops who where shot by BLM supporters

y'know, Obama will come out shining because the two presidents that he was sandwiched between are complete buffoons.

>hurf durf dolan trump is idiot because media said so

The dude has been bankrupt 6 times and still made LITERAL BILLIONS. He was smart enough to know how to play the American voters to vote for him.

You may not like his character, and neither do I, but he isn't the blithering idiot liberal media makes him out to be.

Trump, the other ones just suck and shouldn't exist.

>got us healthcare
Why are you giving all the credit to him when it takes a legislature to pass something like that, a legislature which flipped from D to R the next election because of how unpopular the bill was. Also now the ACA is failing in a number of states due to the fact feedback loop of low funding leading to rising prices which leads to healthier people quitting their insurance and so on. The math was never solid to begin with.

>killed Bin Ladin
Oh yes, because so many other presidents would have declined the mission when given the opportunity. This is like giving Bush poor marks for having the misfortune of having Hurricane Katrina merely occur in the first place, without regard to the outcome. That is unless you're willing to actually prove in what way policies and strategy enacted because of Obama (and not merely a continuation of Bush's) were necessary for bin Laden's death.

>Currently overseeing a transfer of power to a man he despises for the good of the country.
lel, is this supposed to be praiseworthy or something? What else is he supposed to do, refuse to relinquish the presidency? This action wins him no points.

>Republican Congress obstructed and sabotaged him
Nice meme. Get ready for 4-8 years of obstruction from the opposition party except this time it will be portrayed as heroic and principled. Not getting everything you want doesn't mean you get to throw a tantrum and call the other guys spoilsports for not getting everything you want.

a person that decides to say that climate change denial is going to be the official policy of his administration, is unable to string sentences together coherently, and gets up at 3 in the morning to say that the elections that he won are suspect, and has business interests that actively clash with the mandate that he has been given is going to be a pretty memetastic president.

Prolonged the depression and made Europe safe and ready for Stalin.

>Tell me about our nation's greatest president Veeky Forums
Why certainly

>our nation's greatest president
BIG STICK
WHITE FLEET