/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Lord Julien: Roasties toasted, cheques cashed edition

PAWN SHEET
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

DD:DA pasta
pastebin.com/WfUP5Nu0

DDON how to play guide
pastebin.com/EvzTKE9W
DDON beginner checklist
pastebin.com/QmcXLcci

let's not have it die this time

Dead again? My Lord have mercy on me

I'm sorry user but I dont think this general can last too much longer.

Just started DDO.What are the negatives?

Where are all discussion at if this general is dying?

as much as it pains me, I think it's time to put it down.

DDG will never die

i just want people to share their pawns like we used to

i want that insane guy who brined peoples pawns and made webms of it if anyone lewd gifted his pawn something to come back

i want madhatter/jabberwocky to accept my friend request cos his muscle pawns were the best

i also want a DD2 to be announced

actually scratch that, why does it have to be DD2? i would be happy with them returning to DD and adding another expansion.

Maintenance right now

Doing a review of all the game's Vocations makes me want a Warrior/Mystic Knight Hybrid
>Secondary Weapon applies giant fuckoff auras to your Primary, everything is Abyssal Anguish with different elements.
>Instead of great cannons you can cast something to fling out homing waves of force from your weapon swings
>Queue up sorcerer spells to cast by charging Arc of Deliverance
>Some kind of huge knockback attack specifically to knock enemies into sigils.

Yeah,I started playing yesterday with a couple of my friends trickling slowly into playing this game.so im just trying to find a place to discuss it instead of like looking at wikis.

what is the definitive FUN vocation?

Ranger for having the only dagger skills you need and meme sniping arrows.

It's Japanese and heavily instanced

I don't think heavily instanced count as negatives

If you want to just murder everything with impunity, Magick Archer.

If you want to murder things with impunity slowly or just spam focus bolt all day, Sorcerer

If you want to murder things with physical damage and aim with impunity, Ranger.

If you want to murder things up close as well while jumping a bunch, Strider.

If you want to murder everything with an executed plan and traps, Mystic Knight.

If you want to feel like you're actually murdering something, Warrior.

hit his ass so hard his tusk fell off

8 posters

Is there aught here?

I-I'm here
Regarding MKs actually, does ruinous sigil proc great cannon?

Seriously, you can't bring back the magic of old /ddg/
Start one if you feel like you have things you want to talk about, but creating new threads for a dead general is degenerate. Just look at the pathetic state of the armored core threads. Literal bumps. Disgusting.

STOP TRYING TO HAVE FUN

Maybe if we posted more pawn booty!

More anything is fine. It's 4am where I live so I have no idea if I should've made this thread cause as far as I know everyone is asleep.

POST ARISENS/MAIN PAWNS NOW
OR ELSE

Or else what, ser?

In an mmo?

luckily ddo isn't an mmo

If an enemy sets it off, yup.
Blessed Riposte is also really good at cannon comboing, and stunlocking. Pretty sure it's the best Riposte.

k

Since when the heck have there been /ddg/ threads again?

My pawn's been dead for a while, this is the last picture I have of the two together that doesn't have nudity

post nudity

So it really has been a long time since I actually played. Is there a reason my Sorc pawn won't cast any abilities? Am I forgetting something like really big? I am only level 20 rn.

>no mystic knight in ddo
Where's my spellsword class goddamnit

August update

Omfg the ogre jumped to his death to chase me cause I went down to save my pawn.

Hey how good is the English patches in DDO now?
Last time I checked was like 2 years ago. I need more DD in my life.

Item names, skills, quest names, all the bare necessities are translated but not much else as far as I can tell. Wish I knew what was going on in the story.
Google translate is always there for you though.

All my pictures are me perving out on my pawn.

Check your pawn's inclinations. Something like Medicant/Guardian will cause your pawn to just walk around waiting to heal you, which a Sorc can't do anyway.

Yeah, what are the best Sorc inclinations?
It has literally been a year and a half at least.

Lots of people like challenger/utilitarian

I haven't tried, but my guess would be something to the tune of Utilitarian (takes advantage of elemental weaknesses), Challenger (fling spells at big things at a distance), and/or Mitigator (use big spells to clear out tiny enemies).

But I do have fun (trying to push the limits of modding/extracting)

Are there any other essential mods?

I got the one that gives multiple (its called something like great mod compilation) but it says I have to learn how to do something to add multiple mods or something and that puts me off even trying. Is it easy to do?

We
Will
Never
Make
A
Discord

My essential mods would be:
Don't Blind Me
Vignette Remover
Screenshot Watermark Remover
Harpy Nipples
Dinput8.dll - but don't cheat too much, will ruin your game. Do use it to avoid 100000 black cat forging runs tho. Versatile stuff in there.
anything I release

And yes, modding this game is balls, and creating mods for this game is triple balls. Plus there have been multiple small updates since PC release that render a ton of Nexus mods broken or non-relevant.
As far as installing mods go, if you are even halfway computer literate, it is merely tedious and requires attention. I can walk you through it if you want.

GOOD
O
O
D

I will check out what that mod said and report back if I need assistance, thanks.

I'm still here.

Ok, please walk me through it I have no idea what I'm looking for now. Although that may be because it's 6am and I haven't slept yet.

Really, If FluffyQuack or one of the other talented MT Framework coders would adapt/update their more current Blender/Max import/export scripts for the DD format the modding scene for this would be fantastic.
Way more options for modders then.

Warrior is most fun job, and I like your aesthetic choices.

k, its Great mod compilation. No game-breaking.?
from Nexus

Beach episode.

Yeah I got that one, but it says about "mod merging" which explains that you can't add more than one mod since the previous one is overwritten by the next. Also I'm completely unfamiliar with dinput8.dll but it sounds like I want it.

Out of all the enemies in this game this was the first to legitimately give me a sense of dread when I fight it. It wasn't scary in its appearance but the giant hammer, the way it lunges at you, and the damage was crazy.

And this is a pretty shit Mod M8, just going by its contents and the way you install it. Woulld be way better to install the component files individually but baby steps, right?
And dinput8 is on Nexus, and its great and covers half of what this mod compilation does.

So first thing first, what version did you download? So I can DL it and then write a walkthrough for you

Agreed, the only thing that still loops me though is Living Armours or Multiple Dire Drakes

> Do use it to avoid 100000 black cat forging runs
oh god the amount of times I ran back to the inn to sleep and run back was insane. Wish I knew about the mod during my BBI run, trying to rarify all my shit

1.6 according to Nexus mod manager. I quite like this mod but I actually just installed it because I only got DDDA for PC last week, and wanted to try out any mod.

Its hecka versatile as it is essentially an in game cheat engine gui, goodbye to post game shit skies forever.

OK, so first /toss NMM for this game, it's a bad idea.
Then go to your Dragons Dogma install folder assuming steam/steamapps/common/DDDA

When I fought the living armors and dragons I felt like I was fighting an epic battle of sorts. But dealing with eliminators and elder ogres always puts me on edge.

Uninstalled it, would that have removed the mod compilation I have already installed? Hoping this doesn't affect my game as is, although that's probably not gonna happen.

Also - at my install folder.

Dealing with normal orgres are easy so when I saw an elder ogre for the first time I didn't think much of it.
>running around with a harem of pawn girls
>Elder Ogre appears
>"The sight of MEN excite it"
>A single Dropkick fucked my shit up
Ever since then I've been scared of fighting it.

click through steam/steamapps/common/DDDA/NativePC/rom and rename game_main.arc to game_main.arc.bak
do the same with bbsrpg_core.arc.bak

then extract greatmodcompilation.zip some where and drag and drop the resulting nativePC folder to steam/steamapps/common/DDDA
this will overwrite a bunch of files, yes to all on merge and overwrite.

Can't actually find the zip of greatmodcompliation cos I used NMM. Should I just get the zip?

Yeah.

And I mean overall, this compilation isn't bad for a new player but as you get more familiar with this game you can decide what parts you like/dislike and mod more appropriately
And the RPG parts, namely the perma xp/gold boost and the way OP augment adjustments are easily tweaked later

OK, done. Is this method used when installing other mods?

easily being a relative term of course.

I suggest playing with it on and deciding if you feel too strong or just massively over leveled for the main story.

No, not at all. from now on its gonna either be through running batch files or manual arc extraction - file replacement - compression

Is dinput8 hard to install?

just a drag and drop to the DDDA folder- see screenshot. You do need to open the dinput8.ini before you run DDDA to configure it though, (turn ingame clock on and off, enable gui, enable hotkeys-gui is locked to f12 -will have to change your steam overlay screenshot hotkey) Once in game, always pause before opening the GUI, just so you can see the cursor

I thought this was interesting.

you rang?

Got it. I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with it though. All ive managed to do is make it so I don't take fall damage

I'm photoshopping a guide right now

Haha awesome.

she-G.O.A.T.

Mystic knight best augs?

His come item editor doesn't drop down for me?

Usually I'm rolling with:

Bastion
Acuity
Articulacy
Perpetuation
Ferocity
*free space*

The free space in my case usually has Stability because I hate dragons. Sinew or Leg Strength are also great choices (esp. if you haven't modded your game to have higher carry weights.)

You should go to the Rift Store in the Encampment and get yourself some Vermilion Face Pigment. I've been looking for a good excuse to give characters piercing red eyes.

Make sure it's enabled in the .ini,
Also, only open the item editor when you are in the Inventory Menu at a NPC to be safe, you can easily accidentally ruin gear/items by editing them from your on person inventory.

Dinput8 functions 1

Does Death ever fuck off from the Bloodless Stockade?

they're drow though

Thanks chum, though that one's a bit old and vocations have changed.

I agree that warrior is by far the most fun vocation, landing those arcs is super satisfying, but the fact that you're so limited in skills and mobility is a really big minus

That's a big club

Never. Seems like at least a 70% chance for him to be there. Great place to farm him for rented pawn RC though. Just running back and forth using the Arisen's Refuge to zone.

Dinput 2

It's a bummer that there are not more enemy weapons that are swappable. And since we have no control of actual model data, I can't use any of the other versions of the club. Death's Scythe is pretty much the only other unique enemy weapon too. Well, goblins have a unique mace and a stick, and pretty much any tool can be swapped in, so you could dual wield shovels or cast with a broom. But still not a lot of other model resources not already available to the player.

Dinput 3

It is super interesting that every usable item has a model even, if it is never seen in game. For example, Giant fish.

The corrupted pawns also have unique texture sets for their gear and equipment that I'll probably be swapping over soon.
Can't use their armor sets though, unfortunately due to the way the game stores humanoid enemy models.

If you use dinput to give your pawn the Berserk armor sets will they still be allowed online?

Well seeing as the Berserk armor set Models and textures aren't even in the PC game files, I wish you luck.

Oh shit, for some reason I thought they were, never mind then..

So how do I add the Screenshot Watermark Remover?

could someone give an explanation of how debilitation's work? do you have to have 100% to actually resist something (sleep for example) or would say, eighty percent still be adequate to resist some of the time?

Step 1 Extract whatever version you downloaded to a new folder on your desktop
Step2 navigate to steam\steamapps\common\DDDA\

drag that nativePC folder from wherever you extracted it into your open install location and merge, then yes to overwrite GUIuGUIScreenShot.arc

Done

Is this the same with harpy nips/vignette/don't blind me?

Nope, Harpy Nipples is obviously gonna go into a different directory. But like all simple mods it's not gonna conflict with anything so easy peasy.

And vignette remover comes with its own batch file installer and a pretty detailed readme. Warning: since vignette remover has to process every fucking stage file in the game, its probably close to a 45 minute install. And the batch requires user prompts, so you are gonna have to be checking a cmd window every few minutes to make sure you don't have to press YES.

Oh which directory does harpy nips go into?

Also fuck vignette remover then.

Never mind, figured it out.