This triggers the Southernor

>This triggers the Southernor

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_pMRLnSYWbQ
ordinary-gentlemen.com/2013/06/20/compensated-emancipation-was-tried-but-didnt-work/
isreview.org/issue/80/karl-marx-and-american-civil-war
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess it doesn't.

Pretty weak b8 m8.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
*fucks sister*
*collects welfare check*
*lose manufacturing job*

>South
>manufacturing

Please.

CRITICAL HIT

Still waiting for triggered SouthernERs.

Good spelling OP.

GTFO REDNECK /POL/TARD.

>*lose manufacturing job*

HOLD IT YOU DUMMY

One of my forefathers from Norway that moved to Wisconsin was actually part of the March to the sea. How he managed tyat, I don't know.

Presumably he joined the Union Army and was assigned to the Army of the Tennessee or the Army of Georgia and didn't die.

Good job OP you triggered a Yankee

Is there anything morally wrong with owning human chattel?

>"The average adult male has about 1,000 mg of stored iron in the body, whereas the average female has only about 300 mg. I extracted these traces of metal from the corpses of confederate soldiers, Each one of these buttons took scores of rebel corpses to produce. My only regret is I could not melt down and wear every redneck man, woman, and child on my uniform."
-William Tecumseh Sherman, 1820-1891.

>The mere mention of his name makes the Northerner cower in fear

I didn't know Magneeto fought in the Civil War.

>ywn fight along side Sherman and burn the treasonous south to the fuck ground ensuring its legacy of failure for the next 200 years

I fully support Sherman's wartime methods
Just not against his own people. Civil War calls for a different kind of war

>be inbred rebel
>get btfo by potato men

>Be living on my farm, with my God-fearing family.
>Work the earth myself and suffer like a good Lutheran should.
>Some guys who own slaves want to fight some guys who don't
>Whatever, as long as it doesn't bother me and my farm.
>A man comes around, telling my beautiful sons to go and fight the evil Yankees or else they'll burn our farm and rape our women.
>Sons leave for the war.
>Eventually, the Yanks march their way south.
>They burn my farm
>They rape my women
>They kill me
>Children are sent to a prison in Maryland
>When the war ends, they have to walk home
>When they have children, some carpetbagging Yankee builds a school in our town to teach them about how I was an ebil slave advocate.
>Those children split into two groups: Those who hate their heritage, and those who embrace the false narrative told by the north.

The north literally created racism in the south by telling us that we were racist all along, when the majority of us just wanted to protect our homes after some fuckwads decided that succession was a good idea. Literally most of the south didn't care about blacks, and only started caring after Reconstructionists pounded into the southern mind that to be southern was to be racist.

lol

more like
*blows up meth lab to feed heroin addiction

The first place the textile mills moved to when New England stopped being profitable was Georgia, then they shipped overseas

It's my nigga CUMP

>1776-1852 "niggers lmao"
>1852-1856 "NIGGERS"
>1860 "NIGGERSNIGGERSNIGGERSNIGGERS"

This is literally the rhetoric for keeping blacks in slavery. The famous Lincoln-Douglas debates had Douglas literally saying the North wanted to free niggers and make them rape white women and take white man's jobs away. The South (and North, mind you) were racist.

The Confederate constitution spelled out that not all men were created equal, namely blacks.

The South was racist.

youtu.be/_pMRLnSYWbQ

Why do yankees always bully southerners so much?

In my opinion they didn't get bullied hard enough. The federal government should have come down hard on the south. They pretty much let everyone involved off the hook. Some even got to keep their power as governors and shit.

Looks like one hard cunt

Yeah, they should've instated some kind of reparations deal to foster even more resentment, I mean, what the worst that could happen?

>Why do yankees always bully southerners so much?

I mean, it's only bullying you if you identify with the confederacy. And I'd you do, you deserve bullying.

I always pity the underdog. Also, their songs are quite nice.

Not even a burger btw.

your post is dumb into relation to his and misses his point entirely and is like saying the north was full of abolitionists and that's what motivated the average guy who was drafted into the union army

>and is like saying the north was full of abolitionists

Well, they did elect Lincoln.

>pity the underdog
It's better to judge men by their moral standing and creeds rather than their rank of power. The same goes for countries.
>their songs are quite nice
But both the North and the South had the same basic heritage...?

>*collects welfare check*

ermm isn't that the North?

Some form of punishment for the rich fucks who tricked all the poor and uneducated soldiers into getting themselves killed for a stupid war would have been nice. But let's just cry about how Yankees are the devil instead.

>Some form of punishment for the rich fucks
Oh that would be lovely.
>rich slave owners punished
>rich abolitionist liberal edgelords punished
I'm assuming we mean actual justice for the poor soldiers of both sides ando just hypocritically punishing one side's rich people right?
Right?
RIGHT?

Redistribution of land from the rich landowners to the poor and newly freed slaves might have worked get everyone a new start or something to come home to

well that's just unrealistic, why would anybody fight a war if victory meant losing everything? But yes, in an ideal world.

Maybe, sounding kinda commie/Mugabe there though.

Maybe you should have fought the people threatening you, dummy.

Abolition was a much more broadly popular issue in the north.

And they didn't even try to do it at first. It was the south that chimped out at the first sign that they might even have the capacity to do so. How dare they not accept the south ' s right to get 3/5ths extra votes for every person (but they ain't actually people, so don't go trying to take them away, they just count for extra votes) they owned?

Why should people who didn't start the war get punished?

This was a good thread.

the general, and his namesake tank were much too soft.

The softness preserved the union though.

We were a republic the war was illegal on the Union side anyway. You can't force have the country to be under your control by force the north became all we had fought against in the 1700s. Many confederates were relatives of the northerners and had stake there still why would you kill and burn that all down? It can only end worse with more resentment.

Literally fallacious hyperbole: the post.

The south had a hell of a lot more representation than they deserved. They were just fighting the future to preserve an outmoded, self-harming, and increasingly irrelevant socio-economic system.

FUK YOU YANK GO TAKE CANADA YOU WANT TO BE A MONARCH.

N-no, arguing with my siblings is more fun.

There's been some good points brought up already, but so far I don't feel like anybody's addressed the elephant in the room, namely that the war was largely fought because southern cuisine sucks.

If you were a northerner, and your southern bros were always pushing their slightly-tea-flavored sugar water on you, and always touting their shitty bbq as god's own condiment, wouldn't you want to knock them down a peg?

>Listen, guys, next time you have tea with fried chicken, maybe there should be more tea than sugar, and more chicken than batter.
>Southerners: We ain't your countrymen no more.

>Yankees have to bump their own bait thread to keep it afloat

I'm not the OP. I just popped in to argue about sweet tea.

>>Some guys who own slaves want to fight some guys who don't
>>Whatever, as long as it doesn't bother me and my farm.
where you fucked up. consenting to treason is tantamount to treason

if you don't buy the principle of the perpetual union then buy the right of conquest.

Not really. He didn't aid and abet them until he let his sons go to fight for them.

Sweet teas are a sin against man and God.

Collett Leventhorpe was a very interesting man. I believe he was the only Englishman to be a Brigadier General in the CSA.

Louisianafag here, death to the Confederacy. Down with the traitor, and up with the star!

not really

Abolitionists didn't start the war and didn't even make an issue out of it until a year in.

Slaveholders were the ones bullshitting around with "muh States' Rights!" and a constitution that categorized blacks as subhuman chattel.

you fuck off southern vinegar-based bbq sauce is indeed god's chosen condiment

standing by and allowing traitors to seize the government is consenting to that treason.

Atlanta native here, grew up hating the cunt for burning my home to the ground, but in retrospect he was a visionary. He was the first to understand modern warfare and ised tactics that wouldnt be improved upon until the end of the great war.

No. You are not responsible for the actions of others, you disgusting statist.

Lee and Grant were developing trench warfare by the end, senpai.

Actual tasty condiment.
>it comes from the north

That's kinda what happened. Ended up with share-cropping that was practically no different than the plantation-era slavery it followed. The only difference was that instead of literally being property, blacks now were only practically property.

If it isn't molasses-based it's not barbecue sauce.

Fight me nigger.

if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Sure thing, Rush, but people are only obligated to do no evil. Nobody's obligated to do good.

and allowing evil to happen without objection until the tide turns on you has consequences.

>No. You are not responsible for the actions of others, you disgusting statist.
also, funny how you call me a statist when your mode of thinking justifies statist oppression
>oh the state's not bothering me personally so it's not my problem so i'll allow it to continue
hell the consequences within that mode of thinking are in what you put. choosing not to play the game doesn't make the game go away. you'll eventually have to pick a side in a situation like this, and if you wind up with only one choice then it's the fault of your own apathy.

So it does, and the consequences Mai be higher than any punishment that could be leveled.

But you still aren't responsible under civilized law, you edgelord.

Lads, as a fellow Yankee this argument is so thoroughly resolved that it's starting to veer into shitposting territory.

ever since the Dylan Roof incident shined light on the lost cause issue southerners have been completely BTFO. Before June 2015 it was a fucking nightmare trying to comb through all the made up horse shit. After June 2015 actual historians gave us got a bunch of awesome primary sources that were specifically southerners claiming slavery as the main cause of their secession, and that shut the revisionists up real quick.

Since then, it's been like shooting fish in a barrel because all you have to do is a cursory study of primary sources to realize that's all anyone wanted to talk about in those days, especially southern politicians.

But muh confederacy wasa good boy. It just wanted state's rights, it dindunuffin.

you are correct, it didnu nuffin....because it wasn't around long enough to

But Yankees traditionally have no cuisine of their own. Slaves may have popularized much of Southern cuisine, but at least it as uniquely Southern. What do Yankees have that isn't immigrant food? Irish, German, and Jewish food is all the North has and its all foreign.

But no one ever questions further than the surface level of "it wuz bout slavery." Was the South just full of racists? And if it was, wasn't the North just as racist in the 1840s-1860s? But what if the main reason slavery was the decisive factor in secession movements because of the economic self-interest of Southern states? No one ever ponders economics when the Civil War is discussed.

>What do Yankees have that isn't immigrant food?
We have the most delicious seafood that you'd ever shovel into your mouth.

>Literally most of the south didn't care about blacks
But that's wrong.

Of course it was economic and had been for centuries. When your livelihood depends on owning X, of course you'll tell yourself and anyone else how it's your god given right to own X.

But slavery isn't a good system, as the cheap manpower discourages the development of labor saving devices. Which is technology. And part of why the south was so industrially disadvantaged during their stupid war.

You can't hold on to the past indefinitely, and you really can't put the genie back in the bottle when technology starts turning it's gears. If the south had won its war, their be much worse off now.

Like hell we don't! New England cuisine in particular has a distinctive character. It's maybe the most identifiable in the country after southern and Louisiana Creole (taking those two as separate things).

New England: Clam chowder, lobster rolls, maple creemees -- actually, putting maple syrup in/on everything, pastries, shakes, bacon. Boston baked beans. Cranberry sauce. Actually almost anything with cranberries or blueberries. Black-as-fuck coffee in the mornings. Some pretty amazing beers too. It's not easy to find good cranberry beer that didn't come from NE. It's also worth noting that a lot of things that we don't usually think of as northeastern originated there (like most of the stuff you just ate at Thanksgiving) because it's become so widespread in the rest of the country.

Upstate NY: Buffalo sauce.

NYC: So many things, but let's limit ourselves to the pizza and bagels since a lot of the rest *feels* foreign even if it was invented in NYC.

Pennsylvania: Cheesesteaks, scrapple (okay, that one's definitely foreign).

Maryland: Old Bay seasoning, blue crab everything.

>Was the South just full of racists?
Yes.
>But what if the main reason slavery was the decisive factor in secession movements because of the economic self-interest of Southern states?
Is enslaving a race because it's economical supposed to make the South not look racist?
The southern economy and society was completely intertwined with subjugation of blacks.

Think about trying to argue the antislavery position to slaveholders. Asking them to free their slaves was literally asking them to give up their entire livelihood.
It would be like trying to convince a pawnshop owner that because you consider his loan interest rates exploitative, he should just close up shop. Literally an impossible task.
Conflict was inevitable.

>Conflict was inevitable.
Europe peacefully resolved this problem with compensatory emancipation: the government purchased all of the slaves from the slave owners at fair market value, liberating the slaves and leaving the plantation owners with a nice chunk of capital with which to invest in the free market like everyone else.

That wasn't good enough for the southerners. slavery was not just a source of income, it was thoroughly ingrained into their self-estimation as the superior humans lording over the inferior ones.

Do you know if legislation similar to the European's was ever actually proposed in the US?

ordinary-gentlemen.com/2013/06/20/compensated-emancipation-was-tried-but-didnt-work/

It all makes sense now

It never ceases to amaze me how dixiecucks can still manage to get btfo so hard a century and a half later.

Did you really hate Sherman lol? Is your family from antebellum atlanta?

>moral standing and creeds

that's pretty spooky

>south
>manufacturing job

Reminder that the civil war was a marxist revolution.
isreview.org/issue/80/karl-marx-and-american-civil-war
America is nothing but a gigantic slave state because it destroyed it's only classical culture, the southern antebellum.

what's sad is i agree with the spirit behind this post, but you botched it

Nice sperging. Too bad the North shared nothing Marx did.
>America is a slave state
>Destroyed a slave state
good meme.
Southern """""Culture"""" was truly a loss.

t. trailer park poster

Are you surprised Marx was a fan of destroying slavery?

gotta respect that. just a man who hates rebels

who?