/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VAQLt2UCHio
youtube.com/watch?v=7dsbDnkfbmQ
abcnews.go.com/US/video/florida-man-describes-attacked-bear-52277287
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IM THE REALEST NINA

Is Snake Edge a snake edge?

It's a hellman

King is cute!

agreed

reminder that if you play scum you deserve to be treated like scum

what did she mean by this?

can't wait to see him drown in pools at evo

>goes into an Eddy only pool
>somehow makes it out barely alive
>Gigas takes him

>mfw claudio ws1,1 wins the match

Every low is a demoman

Why is Paul there? Doesn't he play Paul?

It's a Demosweep.

youtube.com/watch?v=VAQLt2UCHio
koreans btfo

Wow, didn't know he had a shitty tattoo

>wakeup
>play Lee in ranked after bullying everyone with iWR34 the other night up to maruader
>Spank a DJ to demotion
>it's 2-0, so I leave
>promotion
>same DJ
>spank him again
Excellent!

tell me lee secrets

>do a deathmatch
>around same skill level
>opponent has more mixup potential
>wins in the long run
Well I guess I'm not deathmatching anytime soon.

>deathmatch
you mean a demomatch?

A deathmatch is a long set

4 matches isn't a deathmatch

No it's a hellsweep.

20 matches mate.

A deathmatch is a hellsweep out of a crouch dash, you moron

Fuck, sorry, confused it with leo's demo man.

I barely even pull off the b2f links but I just play keepout when it's not my turn. WS23 and 24 are tempting from crouch but always,
ALWAYS go for WS33 and mix it up with db33 and df33 for a little extra damage. MS 3+4 slide is bretty good, mix up with 3 and 4 wakeups. Like I said WR34 is a monster. Don't go into hms on the first couple and immediately use 223, catches them almost everytime. Learn the 4ch combos for max styling, don't get greedy with too many kicks, just throw one out and go to hms. Everybody says this for every character but seriously, just keep em guessing with these gimmicks. Also, after knockdown f3+4 into ws33 until they start side rolling it. Enjoy the gimmicks brew, probably won't get you to yellow or anything though

We’re 11 days into 2018, how are your Tekken resolutions going?

Isn't WS3,3 launch punishable on block? Also I'm pretty sure the followups can be option selected if the WS3,3 is blocked

Like fucking shit but it's not my fault that my new modem isn't here yet

I reached Vindicator, and I'm hovering steadily around vanguard/warrior. Used to be around fighter/vanguard. Small improvement, but still feels good man

> whiff punishing with a low sweep

ribbit

Knee gets hit by Snake Edges

youtube.com/watch?v=7dsbDnkfbmQ

Nerf them desu

1) pic related
2) he was hit while attacking
3) he wasn't playing seriously because he was against a blue rank

This shitpost had already been taken care of in the last thread.

He got hit by it because it's too fast

No he got hit by it because of those reasons. Stop

>gets hit by crazy snake edge he wasn't expecting
>only uses mids from then on
it's not hard

ITS TOO FAST

I haven't eaten any launches when I do the infinite kicks follow up

>cant use right stick on ps4 controller to move
>you can use left stick though
why??
i don't understand
i just want easy slide inputs
i'm already disadvantaged enough as a pad player

Tried looking at maven's moveset, now I'm tugging my dick. How do you play her when everything backturns and you see her amazing ass?

Damn Korean blue ranks play like THAT?

The inputs not that bad on d pad just practice

looking at the other character like you always should be doing?

Late reply but you can get a d3df ws3 df1 f244 s! db34 for 64dmg. Realign yourself a little to the right after the ch f4.

After the ch f3*

I want to be BLACKED by Master Sniff

abcnews.go.com/US/video/florida-man-describes-attacked-bear-52277287

Bear nerf when?

I just started tekken 7 and it seems a bit overwhelming but fucking awesome, i picked Heihachi because he's badass, what should i focus on when training? i managed to learn some combos by trying a lot of motions, apparently he has a common motion which is forward, ,down,downforward which is his launcher with left punch, from that im learning some combos in the air but i know i'm missing on a lot

I'll have you know I'm in green thank you very much. Also my current game plan has changed into baiting whiffs and getting a d/b 3 counterhit or combo. It's great because they expect the WR2 and I just stand there and do nothing until they come at me. I'm on some mind game shit

He did 2 highs, one ewgf another a 1 jab on wake up.

Knee was not sitting there reacting to snake edge, it was used correctly as a high crush high risk low. This isn't hard to figure out.

Just focus on the basic combos and block punishment at this stage, that motion you're talking about is called electric wind god fist, a just frame motion and iconic mishima move, you're gonna have to practice that eventually but don't neglet the basics

Has anyone actually encountered someone playing with the mirror effect enabled?

>don't want to win quit
>don't want to look like a salty bitch who lose quits
>end up deathmatching people that I don't want to play
>rank up

It's client side. You can't know whether someone is using it or not.

>You shouldn't watch how to optimally play the game because that won't get you through low ranks quickly. Instead of learning to play smart and develop solid fundamentals you should play like an ape and do stupid shit that's going to get punished by players with any patience. That's the proper way to learn Tekken.
Okay seriously, it's reaching the point TMM is actually poisoning the minds of new players and it's going to be a problem for the community.

thanks user, i don't know the basics, i'm just trying stuff and scrolling through his movelist at the moment, but frame data seems overwhelming and i might be wrong but when i started with law he was easier, Hei has that motion with the other buttons too if i'm not wrong, the left kick one does a spin which seems awesome to extent combos from far away

Heihachi is one of the more difficult to learn characters, that crouch dash motion leads into several moves the electric is one of them if you don't get the just frame motion right you get the regular wind god fist, the difference between the regular and electric is the knockback and doing them quickly after blocking is pretty hard. I don't know much about Heihachi specifically though so I can't give specific advice but for block punishing it's probably easier to think of it as learning your smaller and big punishes, 112 is your fastest move and you throw it out after smaller moves, 112 specifically you can throw out the 11 and choose to followup with the 2 if it hits or not.

So do you just play until your opponent leaves every time?

i just do 2 out of 3s or 3 out of 5s if the match is particularly good

>if your opponent reals back was blocking a move it means you have frame advantage
really? I'm a noob coming from Guilty Gear so this is a big revelation for me.
maybe I should try that out and while I'm at it rig up my testicles to a car battery so I can punish myself every time I try to micro dash and throw

>whiff a rage drive and lose the match
>communication error
>both occurred on my side
Seriously, I don't know what happened.

Is Lili really as bad as you guys make her out to be? It seems like koreans put her at mid tier, but you guys act like she's terrible at high levels of play

>Don't watch good players
>Just spam good moves
While spamming good moves is the bread and butter of my Paul play, why the fuck wouldn't I watch better players? What if they show me how to spam my moves in better situations or when not to spam in certain match ups?

>ALWAYS go for WS33 and mix it up with db33 and df33 for a little extra damage. MS 3+4 slide is bretty good, mix up with 3 and 4 wakeups
Dunno why anyone would recommend this. It's a gamble. Either they step the mid option or they low parry the low option and, if you whiff an infinite kick, you get launched. If you only input WS3,3, it's also launch punishable.

Slide is also seeable out of MST. If you're playing Lee, you should learn how to instant slide instead.

>Like I said WR34 is a monster
It's only +1 and has horrible tracking (worse than Claudio or Drag's iWR 2). It's pretty shit for an iWR attack.

like 80% of the time. I'll maybe leave if I'm just getting blown the fuck out 2 or 3 matches in a row. But I have gone on streaks were I'll lose like ten games because I refuse to leave. If I get back to back people that I do this with the losestreak can get pretty bad. Occasionally I'll play really good for three rounds and win a game. That feels good. It does go the other way though and I'll play somebody who's more or less free for ten games and it's really boring. I usually rank up that way. Another time I'll leave is if the connection is bad

I usually play out the first match, see how it goes.
If it's an even matchup, with +/-1 rank, I deathmatch till one of us demotes or promotes.
If it's an uneven matchup, I do a ft2
If its against a character I hate, I only play 1 or 2 matches, depending on how gimmicky the opponent plays

go back to meg

many thanks dude

>win a game
>next game in danger of demotion

wtf

>lose a game
>in danger of promotion

wtf

>It matters if you use a picture from somewhere else
Sorry is this better?
Didn't even play the new one but I was there when the memes happened

IF YOU PLAY THESE CHARACTERS YOURE A SOY BOY

Claudio Serafino SOY BOY
Shaheen SOY BOY
Alisa Bosconovitch SOY BOY
Asuka Kazama SOY BOY
Devil Jin HOT TOPIC I CUT MYSELF SOY BOY
Hwoarang KOREAN SOY BOY
Jin Kazama LINKIN PARK SOY BOY
Lars Alexandersson NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME SOY BOY
Leo Kliesen
Ling Xiaoyu 2D IS ALL I NEED SOY BOY
Paul Phoenix SOOOOOOY BOOI

fucking soy boy, step your game up

There's like two guys who insist she's the worst thing ever. She could use some improvement but she's nowhere near the rock bottom like Katarina is.

Oh no, better stop playing my favorite characters so Anonymous won't call me a soy boy.

Soy boy is such a bad insult. May as well call people pee pee head.

>Paul
>A soyboy
I doubt it

Give me one good reason why Lee isn't your main

i play on pad

is no one playing this fucking game tonight or what? why are the wait times so long between matches

No excuse

fightinggm plays on pad

America's best Nina player plays on pad

I just had Alisa's rage art rotate 180 degrees to catch me, Jesus Christ.

IKIMASEN

>deathmatch someone bad to get to green
>get demoted quickly back to blues
guys I think I'm the bad one

How do I fight back against jab pressure?\

dick jab / sidestep

tfw stuck in juggernaut with lili

should i switch character

>Give me one good reason why Lee isn't your main
He's a secondary, and only because his combos are fun.

His neutral game is infuriating to use, everything is a gamble. Shit gets tiring after a while so he'll never graduate to my main.

Jab them but lower, you could also do ws moves after ducking jabs.

how often do you see other lilis

not so much

How do I fight against dickjab pressure?

Uui, is Lili really bad?

low parry/hopkick