What do I need to get started

What do I need to get started.

1. I have the money
2. I have desktop wallet
3. I have coinbase

Am I ready?

forgot the kneepads my friend

Free trades

No seriously guys. Am I ready or do I have anything else to do before buying?

Oh right a poloniex account is necessary?

Do you have the fortitude to hold? I know I don't usually. I thought I did but I think most of us are prone to panic selling

This is something I don't get. If you look at the whole fucking graph of the coin you are buying you can spot patterns.

If a dip is usually followed by a big raise in value, why the fuck would you sell?

And if the coin graph doesn't look at least a bit like that why the fuck did you buy it?

I've studied economics in college so I understand the importance of holding.

Well, damn, check out Mike Burry over here.

I think I may just be schizoid

Everyone apparently panics easily and I feel like "I can't sell or I am gonna lose this, I'll just wait"

Ok nogger. So what else do I need. I have the three programs. AM I READY?

You are ready to buy BTC and ETH.

You need an exchange for other coins.

Ok great. And if I exchange all my other coins back to BTC I can use coinbase to cash it in right?

anyone has a good alternative for coinbase, i live in France and it's not available here

How easy is it to liquidate?!

like stocks, a coin with high volume

Honestly, not very.

The guys that bought ETH at a good price are problem in six or so figures, but they can only move so much of that into a fiat per week.

Not a bad spot to be in honestly, but it's really hard to move out of your position without someone noticing.

So you can't actually get your cash? How does this work exactly?

Yeah

By slowly moving out of your position.

Think about it like this, if some asshole that held 5 million ETH just suddenly cashed out, what do you think that would do to the value of everyone's holdings?

Ok so all my questions have been answered. Time to embark on a journey. See you at the millionaires club!

How slowly? If I had 10000$ worth, could I just take it out in one fell swoop or?

You need 15 monitors and a big phone

He's overestimating the problem for retail traders. 10k is nothing. Someone with a million USD in Ethereum could get out comfortably in half a day. Buy/sell orders on polo for 10+ bitcoin happen all the time.

5million ethereum is a lot though, I mean that's almost half a billion dollars so yeah you're going to have to take it slow to avoid a panic

Same thing, it's stunning for me. Well, good for us, I guess?