/dng/ Dueling Network General

YGO General #2685
Goth Loli Edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro Links Beta(Windows): cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268076961832632320/376351974310019074/ygopro_vs_links_beta.torrent
>YGOPro Links Beta(Mac): mega.nz/#!R7YWSAqR!VmHBOn1Vkg-E6cdEOsoxkW9aflanBTbq1EpS5NI9AVo
>YGOPro no Links(Linux): github.com/cromerc/ygopro
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!FjI11DhB!8yUbfIJupKLXXSznZb7Ymg
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator with no judges or databased rulings
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/SD_RuleBook_EN_V10.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Rarity Collection (February 10th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers (February 24th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Curse of the Dark (March 10th)
●OCG: Starter Deck 2018 (March 24th)
●OCG: Cybernetic Horizon (April 14th)

●TCG: Wave of Light Structure Deck (January 19th)
●TCG: Extreme Force (February 2nd)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists 2 (February 23rd)
●TCG: Legendary Collections Kaiba (March 9th)
●TCG: Star Pack: VRAINS (March 30th)

*No CaC unless you can provide a 1000 word-minimum essay explaining why your card would be good for both the current OCG and TCG metas, is more creative than all the archetypes in the game, would not powercreep Card Shuffle, and has at least 5 citations in MLA format.

*Go to /dlg/ for your Diet YGO

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/y5NsqT3i
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw dark magician will never get a timaeus searcher
>tfw cyber dragons will never get a power bond searcher

In case you missed it

3rd for Judai

So now that we have the full third wave of FA support, is the deck viable as a locals rogue?
What non-FA cards are you running? Ties? A Windwitch engine?

I've been thinking of getting back into the game but I don't want to spend over $20. It looks like the full FA core is $2. I've also considered Altergeist considering the FOD support, but that won't be for a while, and while I really like Rokkits, I don't like the pricetag on Borreload so I'm waiting for the reprint/tin.

>brings an F.A. from deck
Only after the turn you activated it
>doesn't boost consistency
>pop a field, search another F.A. spell
You still minus. What if you open not a single NS F.A. card? How are you gonna keep recycling those fucking fieldspells that you popped to search and you went minus for? Go back to fucking ledbit

It's fucking dogshit no matter what you do

is this a new copypasta?

>It's fucking dogshit no matter what you do
You can get away with a lot at locals. Back when I used to play, I regularly got Top 8 using all kinds of random decks. I think a proper side deck and good enough knowledge of the meta is more important than the archtype you're running at that level.

I posted it last thread but then this thread got made. I just want a budget deck to get me out of the house. I wanted Pendulum Magicians but I don't plan on investing that much into a deck without at least testing the waters first.

It's a combo deck but you can't search your pieces without going minus. You can't even swarm without generic support. Unless your locals are playing GOAT still they can just easily out it

>Monster Reborn could potentially finally get unbanned in TCG to shill the OCG art being released
>It's pretty much just a boost to petdecks, since meta decks typically have their own on theme revival effects, turning Reborn into unsearchable winmore
>FLOD will have Sponsored Reborn anyway, which is still unsearchable winmore but with potential upside if your deck interacts with banishing
>Both die to the new loli anyway
I'm not even sure what I feel

It is really dependent on what you're trying to accomplish and what type of tempo you'd like games to have. Most cubes I encounter use full extra decks, have the generic type/attribute rule, and just slap in all the most powerful cards (playing dragon rulers when all monsters are treated as all types/attributes is just obscene). While that is absolutely fun in its own right, games end up being significantly MORE masturbatory than they are in the actual meta.

I try to limit most cards to a 1-for-1 or +1 in terms of card advantage, which makes all games very grindy which you either love or hate. Play-testing for years, games are consistently even and last upwards of 30 turns.

I use only main deck monsters and do not use the type or attribute rule. While I do enjoy the merit of that rule, it makes the deck building part of the draft a bit inconsequential, since every card has synergy. The best cards to include are cards that function perfectly well on their own, but also gain a benefit if you select complements for it.
Ex: Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind and Blacking Kris the Crack of Dawn are great cards, especially if drafted together, but I'd never include Black Whirlwind or Kalut, regardless of the # of appropriate targets, because it's dead on its own. Likewise Fire Formation Tenki and Gokuo are great since there are tons of Beast-warriors in the draft, but Fire Fist Bear or Gorilla are far too situational.

Basically just play test a lot and keep tabs on the pace games have, what cards tend to make games one-sided, and what cards people never seem to pick, and adjust the cube often accordingly. I don't limit myself to any number of total cards in the cube, since I like to see different cards every time, and I separate the spell/traps from monsters and draft them separately, but those are both just preference.

If there's any interest and I haven't rambled too long, I have a log of my full cube on my desktop I could link

You should feel stupid, because wether you think reborn should come back or not you should realize it can't ever be powercreeped.

Neither can Raigeki be powercreeped, id rather have monster reborn than Raigeki.

Sponsered has more downsides than upsides. I'd much rather have the original.

Of course, monster reborn is better than raigeki.

I was wondering. Since we got sponsored reborn, what other cards are there that they could make new variations of? I like seeing new versions of older cards, even if they aren't as good as the original. Like localised trunade and overdone burial.

>Monster Reborn could potentially finally get unbanned in TCG to shill the OCG art being released
This is just pure delusion.

>tfw you spent $60 on cards and got them and now you'll be getting a refund for it even though you got the cards
wew, thank you sun valley gaming

Painful choice but the other 4 are banished face-down
Deliquent Duo where your opponent selects both then draws 1
Card Destruction but it negates the effects of the discarded cards that turn

I like all of those ideas, especially the card destruction one. I remember it was abused a lot with Dark world monsters.

anyone have dng calling dragon rulers bad

>because wether you think reborn should come back or not you should realize it can't ever be powercreeped.
>implying Reborn isn't winmoar these days

Keep in mind OCG has had Reborn legal for years and it barely even shows up in the top decklists, what does that say?

i do this all the time by just saying they never arrived

This entire third wave makes me hard. F.A. was an instant pick up at their reveal and I'm a sucker for gimmicky decks. So now that they get a reoccuring searching Tuner, an easily summonable 3600 indestructable OPT reborn, targeting protection and in archetype destruction and deck summoning.

I play pure F.A. since with all the fields and spells, you don't have much space to play anything. It's definitely a budget deck to pick up.

>Only after the turn you activate it
Activate it on your opponent's turn you dunce.

>You still minus. What if you open not a single NS F.A. card? How are you gonna keep recycling those fucking fieldspells that you popped to search and you went minus for? Go back to fucking ledbit

You don't minus at all, resolving these effects. You are play 7-9 fieldspells in this deck. There is no fucking way you are going through all of them. By that time, your F.A.s are all high leveled and ready to go, or you lost. Have you even played the deck or do you just assume you know how it works?

>You are play 7-9 fieldspells in this deck.
which automatically makes the deck bad because opening with more than 1 field spell is basically a brick

Can you share your build? I have some ideas of how to run it, like going into Omega to recycle the banishing cards.

>Have you even played the deck or do you just assume you know how it works?
I have been playtesting multiple variations for the past couple days trying to build a consistent as possible deck that might could even compete with the metagame.

Give the deck an archetypal rota + pot of avarice and then we can talk again.

Hey, im just coming back from a long hiatus. When is the new Crystron link monster going to drop? is he expected to be expensive?

anyone made a mirror of the high quality pics?

>Open City GP and another GP and an F.A. prefereably named Hang on Mach
>Summon F.A.
>Activate GP spell 1, go up one level
>Activate City GP, go up 3 levels
You now have a 2400 monster that stops discards or is a macro cosmos, or indestructable by battle and two other cards in hand. Which is good for this deck. Now if one other card was a foolish, Autonav or Destrudo, you can keep going with combos.

Pic related is my current RL build missing Test Run. Taking out the Terras and a book of moon for Test Run

Stop. You will not compete with the metagame. The deck is inherently unable to compete with the meta game. It's a fun deck, and you'll steal a win here and there, but never consistently. Also, we still have a 4th set of support, and seeing how great this one was, I'm excited.

I love the theme of the deck, and I think it's fun too. But it's like playing libary exodia. Either you open good or you can't do jackshit

I'm an idiot, here is the deck

Should be either in Extreme Force or Flames of Destruction. Will most likely be a Secret Rare, so yeah pretty expensive.

So what's a good replacement for Astrograph if it gets banned after the next banlist? Because we all know they won't hit it until after they finish selling Electrumite.

Ash tier expensive or it will be 50 bucks a piece?

I don't think we've seen the rarity, but if it's Secret/Ultra you can expect $30+ minimum.

Probably closer to 50. It depends on what Links get imported at the same time as it though.

If you mean to summon electrumite then you can use supreme king servant engine or curtain raiser.

The only time I've played YuGiOh was in elementary school and briefly in highschool
is it worth getting into
I want to play memes like Skull Servants

Well you could try percy and just fuck around with it, or go to locals and play with people there

RoTA should go to 2

No I mean just Astrograph by itself since almost everyone wants it dead.

Skull Servant are a viable (read: you get destroyed by real deck 95% of the times) petdeck. Download ygopro and start playing randoms until you get how the relevant things work.

There's no card that functions as an Astrograph replacement

>F.A. gets really good support
>Vendread support will most likely be shit
>Loli and designator from the grave murder zombies anyways

ITS NOT FAIR

F.A. has the Beat of the Rising Sun too

Why is this going up in price?

, autist

Konami is completely unpredictable with TCG exclusive archetypes. It's impossible to say whether or not Vendread will get good stuff or not.

Does anyone have a decklist for the Troymares? Then look fun.

is this a reference to something?

meh, it doesn't matter

it does to me

>Have three of these out on the field
>Opponent literally can't do anything since the ayylmaos keeps moving and destroying everything

Just play your monster in its column lmao

good luck

anyone have a hi-res image of solidman in english? all i could find was this shitty deviantart one by some faggot named alan

Bane and Abyss reprints when?

user, please reconsider your words. The card is currenty not even released in japan. How the FUCK.
in
GODS
FUCKING
Name
Is there supposed to be an english version?

so memes aside, what makes dante so strong, i have never played vs burning abyss so i have no clue what they actually do

Endless grind of resources

pastebin.com/y5NsqT3i

the same way i posted one

pastebin.com/y5NsqT3i

It exists because someone put in the effort to re-create the fucking card with English text you mouthbreathing fuck

correct, which is why it's possible there might be a better version. what is your point?

That youre a fucking idiot

if i attack with crimson nova and my opponent uses battle fadder, can he negate myt attack? he's suppossed to be unaffected by monsters effect right.

how so? or is ad hominem your only trick?

thank you

another one, but not hi-res. you feeling okay, buddy?

Yes, because instead of being a stupid beggar you went ahead and looked for it yourself

i looked for it in the first place, which is how i found 2, but neither of them are optimal. then you claimed that none could exist since it isn't officially released despite the fact i had already posted 1

can someone tell me the first link and the one between decode and proxy

Yeah because those are fanmade ones so people can use it for percy etc. Just make it yourself cunt

Would you two autists shut the fuck up we're trying to talk about a children's card game here.

i never asked for an official one. that would be stupid. almost as stupid as you have been

Ningirsu, Akashic

thanks

Explain to me RIGHT FUCKING NOW why Booster Dragon isn't usable during either player's turn. It's bad enough Vullets/Rokkets need to get very certain Link Monsters out before they can do anything except float, but the one card that could have been a decent low Link option (because Reloader Dragon is trash) is neutered.

Jesus, I can't even use these things for disruption like I'm supposed to without going through hoops.

>test run's second effect doesn't work yet

REEEEEEEEEE

>Explain to me RIGHT FUCKING NOW why Booster Dragon isn't usable during either player's turn
Because it isn’t a quick effect :^)

what does fa even do as a deck? do they just stun the opponent with the dark law and anti-handtrap dudes?

Does anybody have a combo list or guide for true king dinos. Also a list of dinosaur puns/jokes, so I can entertain my opponents during my 5 minute long turns.

Insider here. Banlist on monday after YCS

Basically, and if they successfully stun the opponent, then their monsters will easily become very large. There are probably some cool synchro options now as well since Autonavi doesn't restrict anything.

Being able to destroy 2-3 cards on your opponent's turn and then float during the end phase off the same play is ridiculously strong and the deck's win condition.

I think Booster is completely fair.

why did the dinosaur cross road? because he evolve into chicken lol

>if i attack with crimson nova and my opponent uses battle fadder, can he negate myt attack? he's suppossed to be unaffected by monsters effect right.
please help :(

Anything else you can tell us?

No, because I am not supposed to know this and if it gets leaked they will know it was me

Just tell me if monster reborn will get unban

Battle Fader's effect does not negate Crimson Nova's attack, it ends the Battle Phase. Therefore Crimson Nova's immunity is irrelevant.

will stormforth go to 3

It's getting an Exiton knight treatment, everyone buying into it is an idiot

lol no, they hate monarchs.

jokes on you, my revival card only has half of it's effect negated

You can summon cyber dragon infinity. That's pretty neat right?

its*

why are there so many fucking metaphys decks on ygopro right now?

No user it has to be related to what I'm doing. For example, when I summon a powerful dino I might say something like "I dont normally use this monster but jurassic times call for jurassic measures." Or "Oh man I just turned your board into a tyrannosaurus wreck." Or if their turn is taking to long "oh man this game is a dino-snore"