/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
>Switch
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for NVidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has posted an image of a Homebrew launcher GUI. More info on February 1st. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a lecture at 34c3. switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/
>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/
>PS4
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup concerning possible ways of installing and running custom packages regardless of firmware. wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
dropbox.com/s/hktn4rtemgid0gk/Release_beta26.zip?dl=0
github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer
ebay.com/itm/292406919049?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TWLoader doesnt like randomized pokemon games :(
anyone know if theres a fix?

Not worth waiting for.

what does metroidbutt have to do with homebrew

switch 2 when?

Absolutely nothing.

Can you tell me if I'm doing this correctly?
PS3 game comes with the folders: PS3_GAME, and PS3_UPDATE. It also has a file called PS3_DISC.SFB. Everything is inside a directory called BCES01584-[The Last of Us].

I ftp'd to my PS3 and created a directory in root/dev_hdd0/ called GAMES.

I am uploading the BCES01584-[The Last of Us] into the GAMES directory. Should this result in webman recognizing the game and making it bootable?

Cant' find decent documentation on backup loading that isn't from like 2011 so some help would be appreciated.

well yeah. But in 50% of (my)cases i gives me a black screen when booting. Only converting shit to iso helps. After all this years still don't know why

so hey guys, i been away from the hacking scene and my wiiu from at least april of last year and recently coming back to my wiiu i find all my shit is busted up incluiding vwii shit
is it ok if i uninstalled haxchi and the homebrew launcher on wiiu and reinstalled new files on sd or can i fix it via wiiu without having to involve my pc

>all my shit is busted
Elaborate.
A Wii U normally doesn't shit itself for no reason.

Where can I download NSW PROPER dumps?

what i mean is my fucking haxchi stays frozen everytime i lauched it thas why im asking if it is ok to uninstalled an installed again unless theres new shit thats better that haxchi

So how's that new super mario bros. game?

if you're not using coldboot haxchi then it's safe to uninstall haxchi.

what are you talking about

Newer Super Mario Bros.DS
It's a romhack of new super mario bros. that recently came out

How would you go about creating ISOs? PS3 ISO TOOLS v2.2 only goes up to 4.73

how can i check that?

f-fuck..!

better than any 2d mario game nintendo has done in the past 2 decades
not saying much though

well actually i have a pretty nice samus background thanks to homebrew

So I've been playing Tales of Vesperia and I'm already at the postgame but suddenly when i switch attachments or get into a battle, the game freezes and I have to restart the console. I have Rebug, is there anything I can do to fix freezing issues such as this? The game had been running fine before today.

Is it safe to update your 3DS once you have homebrew installed?

What's the best place to get gba injects for 3ds?

the op says it is

Just make them by yourself.

Sure is there some kind of repository with the banner images and stuff?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
Here you go

use this one dropbox.com/s/hktn4rtemgid0gk/Release_beta26.zip?dl=0
it will look into the metadata of your ROM to find the right banner and icon

3.61 games when?

not worth waiting for

Vita emulation when?

Thanks man

Hi emugen

I tried mounting it as an ISO on multiman but still running into the same issues. not sure what to do other than delete the game and reinstall it. Hoping its not the hard drive.

redownload the game, otherwise it can be your HDD

Will do that tomorrow since it takes a long time to FTP transfer. The HDD is internal so if its the HDD then switching it out is going to be a pain in the ass. I've had it for two years now

only lists exist, new dumps not released to public. you can find old ones though.

what's the best tuto for running wii games on wii u?

Did I just spend two hours fucking around trying to spoof PSN access to get adrenaline working when an offline installer has been out for months?

Not only that, Adrenaline doesn't even need any other game to work nowadays.

ps3 write speeds are fuckign awful. it took almost half a day to ftp a game to my ps3.

ethernet ftp my man, 20 gigs takes me 20 minutes

but write speeds are trash, installing the persona5 pkg took like 50 minutes

Go ISO when you can. Pkgs suck

Only reason I went pkg was for it to be on the XMB / easier to manage the DLC

All the sites I used the game format was either .pkg or ps3_game folders, never dabbled with iso's desu

ISOs should load the same way PS3 game folders do, and I got DLC working fine on folders, so it should be the same

Is there a english patch for yakuza 0 on ps3?

Creating iso from game folder in multiman

super slim news?

in 5 hours

NSMB was always my favorite, the characters expressions where still serious enough that I could suspend disbelief, first game since the original Super Mario Bros. (or mario 64) where I felt like everything was real. I'll check it out now, thanks user!

nope

Through sheer luck I inadvertently won a brand new 3ds.
I already have one except I made the mistake of updating it a long time ago.
So the question is, how difficult is modding one? How risky might it be?
And is there an off chance of a new 3ds already having an unmoddable update installed?
My only experiencing with modding was installing homebrew into a wii one time,
except I couldn't figure out how to properly install games.
I'm sort of clumsy when it comes to this and I'm concerned I'd end up bricking it if I make a brief mistake.
Alternatively I could just sell the new 3ds.
I'd appreciate any advice.

Have you maybe considered reading the fucking OP? If you honestly couldn't find the information that was literally given to you at the door, you don't stand much of a chance hacking it. Give up and sell it.

Sorry,
I'm sort of nervous and I just wanted another's opinion on how to go about it.
I just wanted to check how risky modding was.
Again I'm sorry, I'll scan through the guide

You could ask just "how risky" it is
It is not risky, just read the guide carefully and I'm pretty sure you'll need a flashcard
Read the bit about ntrboot on the guide for more info

Need to clear a question.
I am using adrenaline to play psp titles on the vita, I suppose I should use it also for the PS1 games? My question is, the games can be a normal ISO or they need to be converted for PSP format?

Or you could not be a dick. Not everyone has your leet hax skills. You were a newbie at one point too. Asshole.

it's okay it's okay.
he might have been a little rude but he had a point.
My question was mostly answered so everythings fine.

Other than charging it, what should I do? Flip it on ebay or pirate games?

Update to 3.60

Pirate obviously. It's essentially a better psp with a couple handfuls of vita games too. Plus lots of indie shit if you're into that

Do we have any better PS3 DLC dumps yet?

update to 3.67

If it's possible to use the 3DS to write Amiibo data to a tag, would it technically be possible to use it to emulate an amiibo instead of a tag?

Nah, no point.

Is there a list of Vita games that work? Everything below 3.60, I suppose?

I can't wait for this to arrive

My 3DS is on 9.2.0. I have a Gateway, too. Apparently, everything is about luma now. When I started it was all about browserhax and such. Basically, I have a few questions.

1. Is luma compatible with Gateway? I assume so, but just for safety, I thought I'd ask.
2. Currently, I have to enter my browser after turning the 3DS on to play games. Can luma boot into CFW automatically or at least without an internet connection?
3. My 3DS constantly bugs me to install an update. Does luma remove update notifications?
4. Are there any other benefits to luma I may have overlooked?

Cheers for any help I can get.

>super famicom shell
>NA SNES buttons

where did you buy that from?

How easy is a N2DS to hack?
Last time i did this was back when this was popping off with my old 3DSXL

>ameripleb button colour scheme

This

Okay. So what the Fucking christ can i do about the psp always fucking opening pic related when im playing my damn games? Already running the no umd pluging and still get this stupid shit happening. Not sure what to do anymore.

That means you're pushing the home button on a japanese game m8.

Dont be retarded. That menu pops on its on even when I'm not even touching the system.

So after installing henkaku on my Vita right after it came out, in that time I have never done anything with the homebrew/piracy other than installing a couple of emulators (and never actually use them) and dealing with spoofs and whatever Sony has thrown to deter piracy.

What should I do to delete all traces of homebrew from my Vita? So far I've uninstalled the emulators and deleted their respective folders. I guess next is deleting the /tai folders in ux0: and ur0: and finally uninstalling MolecularShell. Anything else that I'm missing?

Are you sure the home button isn't fucked.

100%. When i open the UMD door it seems to react so im guessing it still fuctions to a very annoying degree. Not sure what to do about this whole shitshow. I use to leave it open a bit so i wouldn't get this issue then i heard of the noumd plugin that disables the whole thing and Apperently is not working on me anymore for the looks of it. Is all properly set up too

The UMD tray shouldn't have anything to do with that menu. The only thing that should open it up is the home button.

github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer
How do I use this?

If you open it, it starts that menu as some sort of pause. I know because it always happens when i do which it shouldnt be doing because of the plugin

>4.Under *ALL line, write : ur0:tai/restore.suprx
>there is no *ALL line
welp

Write one in.
On a side note, why are you using MolecularShell as opposed to VitaShell?

3.60 and below, yes. grab an sd2vita and a 128gb micro sd and you'll be set

I haven't used homebrew for anything but emulators so I never kept up to date with anything. Untill I couldn't download legit games anymore.
Does it make a difference?

That other guy is right, it's the home button. I had this issue as well, and it went away when I flipped off the faceplate and reseated the button/faceplate and cleaned the contacts. Nothing to do with the UMD drive or the software and it takes ten minutes to fix.

>sd2vita and a 128gb micro sd
Is this the thing you inserted in the game slot and then replaced in the memory stick? (as in if you had games and stuff in a memory stick, it will act as if you didn't have it inserted)

Sounds about right. Delete all tai folders and remove the homebrew stuff on your home menu

Guess il take it apart and give it a shot

Okay time for an upgrade. Where coud i buy a sd2vita? One for my phat vita. Any good place to order one? Heard that the 3.0 black whatever works and fits perfect on one.

Is hacking ps3 hard?
What should I look out besides version?
Or just buy a already hacked one?

If you have to ask, buy one thats hacked.
Seems like a good price

ebay.com/itm/292406919049?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Why don't you read the fucking guide and decide for yourself whether it's hard or not you gigantic faggot

Or he can just buy one. Since he doesn't feel like reading a guide.

You seem to be the same asshole from earlier. Projecting much, faggot?

buying a hacked ps3 means he's just going to ask more stupid tech support questions here.

>durr where do i pirate ps3 isos?
>how do i use ps3game folder
>wats webman
>how do i go online without ban
>how do i install game updates
>why is my ps3 so loud

So a normal day in this thread?

You'll be asking questions in here the second the ps4 hack is released. Stop being a dick.

Not him but unlike the ps4, those questions have been answered a dozen times over, usually the top result if you google the key terms too

You were a newbie faggot once before too ya know