/twg/ - Total War General

Overhand Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Total War Three Kingdoms Info
Announcement Trailer - youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed]
>Thrones of Britannia Info
Alfred the Great Trailer - youtu.be/5MUdiBfXo04[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed]
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-unit-rosters
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-england
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq

>Warhammer 2 Info
37 Minutes Tomb Kings Gameplay - youtube.com/watch?v=O-aXyiLim2k[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed]
Tomb Kings Trailer - youtu.be/IpWqKme-g_4[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed]
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Ye Olde Stirrings

Reminder

Oh god, you're that asshole from /mhg/.

Oh wow, I sure enjoyed watching the Tomb Kings[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed] trailer

reminder to post in harmony

Overhand or underhand
Which is the trve vnderstanders way

What is that?

>sengoku
Japshit
>would you like WW2TW
Yes.

Gaining it back

Chinese dogs kneeling before their superiors

>Japshit
I've never cared about that one in the first place.
>Yes.
WW2 games were already old in 2000's. It's like reading the same book again and again and again your whole life.

>Only a fantasyposter is actually playing the games
Welp.

>superiors
But they look exactly the same.

That's obviously a bait.

And medieval and romeshit isn't? Even fantasy shit has been reduced down to repeated tropes. At least WW2 would be more interesting in terms of military equipment and tactics than any of the current total war settings.

seething

Looks like my fire bolas aren't the only flying units on the field.

I don't really think of myself as a fantasyposter I just like total war games and from what I'm aware of, people might like seeing some action or hearing stories about other peoples games, even if they don't say anything.

the chinese historycuck vs the chad japanese fantasychad

>And medieval and romeshit isn't?
Yes it is, but not so overused. There are a lot more WW2 games and movies than any others.
>At least WW2 would be more interesting in terms of military equipment and tactics
We already saw the very same equipment, tactics and evens a countless number of times.

We should have destroyed SEGA, every game, expansion and dlc many years ago

Enough! Rome 2 is lost, and our modders have failed us. What was the last report of the next title?

My spies in Steam tell me his DLC was pulled! We must expect a new Fantasy title!

This is nonsense, no DLC was pulled. Rome controls the history strategy Market. He's not attacking, he's making allies. At this very moment he talks to Todd Howard. The Bethesdians! The Workshop will rise against us and there will be paid mods once more!

Ridiculous! Reddit won't stand for it. Their legions have sole traffic access to their website. I believe the next title will come from Alexander itself. He intends to do Macedon right. Persia will be DLC and sweep the market from there.

He will not release a new Fantasy title, or History! Our friends from /eagg/ report that he is hiring translators. He intends to circumnavigate Koei and....

Three Kingdoms Perhaps!

He will lose half his unit diversity alone! The other half will be spearmanii!

Do you expect modders to welcome that era when it arrives?

I suppose he will bring with him $10 Hero costume DLCs!

Shitposters, I dare say that will be quite the feat. Even for the great Creative Assembly

Other games have already done WW2 better. WW1 would work better as a more traditional rts like men of war or company of heroes.

Not in a total war game. It sure beats hammer and anvil total war.

What?

ca would make tw40k before theyd make tw ww1 or ww2, lmfao.

As long as a majority of the dwarves don't get past the wall and blob up. I'd definitely say the majority of this side of the walls strike force, is saying on the wall indefinitely.

So what? It's the same stuff like in any other game. Not like they can come up with something new, because, you know, history.

There is like shitton of WW2 strategy games of every flavour.
Company of Heroes, Men of War, Blitzkrieg, Hearts of Iron, Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, Codename Panzer, Commandos and other shit I'm sure I forgot about.

Fucking go and play them. Why you even want CA waste their time on that.

40k will work much better in Total War.

Kroxigors getting dabbed on.

it would but 2bh tw doesnt do guns well at all, i dont think they could pull off any kind of 'modern' warfare.

None of them capture the both the strategy and tactical side of the war.

It's not the same stuff, you'd be surprised how much stuff gets left out. Also that's hardly an argument when pre modern war all you have are spearmanii and swordsmanii.

You want to get shitty Warhammer style campaign map and Hearts of Iron battles?

My main concern about modern wars in total war is not guns(I think they can make it good enough), but scale. WW2 isn't about few general jumping around with 20 units each. And there is no way total war could do armies of millions and frontlines.

Videogamers could just learn the classic wargamer concept of scale.

>It's not the same stuff
Exactly same
>military equipment
and historical events like in any other WW2 game. Yeay, Normandy. It's so fun to watch same shit over and over again.

Gates open, where is everybody?

Oh my god, imagine if CA actually did WW2 game. Thread will get invaded by the following
>Tankies
>Wehraboos
>Victors
>Cult of Bomber Harris
>Poles
>and other bullshit

>WW2 isn't about few general jumping around with 20 units each
you know the historical games are not realistic at all right? you can say the same thing about them

What went wrong ;_;

If anything WW2 TW would make more sense with the scale and frequency of battles. Each division/company had their own shit to do, they're not all constantly engaged in one big battle.

What do you mean?

And my favourite
>Hitler rules the world babyyyY!!!

Rommel dindu nuffin!

Nonsensical argument. It just means that in gameplay you have the option for real naval invasions and airborne operations. Total war games have never been about following historical events.

Go for the classic "this base of 6 men is 200 men"
It's the only way to get decent battles at larger miniature scales.

>you know the historical games are not realistic at all right?
Yes and I'm good with that. But I would rather believe in that kind of stuff going on in antiquity than in the 20th century.

Just as if Creative Assembly made 40k game with Imperial Guard.

Not shown until now in the battle, Dwarves are pretty good fighters. Running out of suitable warriors on the walls.

>None of them capture the both the strategy and tactical side of the war.

Ultimate General Civil War

>If anything WW2 TW would make more sense with the scale
How would you put millions of soldiers on the strategic map and at the same time have tactical battles with very same soldiers?
It works on the strategic map, but it wouldn't work in Total War tactical battles.
>Total war games have never been about following historical events.
Total War game series isn't the only games there is.

Hey guys old veteran of the series here coming back after a long break. I was hoping you guys could answer some questions
Are the warhammer games good?
Is the retarded 3-city provence system from Rome 2 still in place?
What's the current state of the series?
did gook ever come back?

>Are the warhammer games good?
Yes is you like warhammer.
>Is the retarded 3-city provence system from Rome 2 still in place?
Not always 3, but yes.
>What's the current state of the series?
Gooks. Gooks everywhere.

We're hyped about dynasty warriors total war

10/10

war is-is hell

>Shadows: OFF
Can't blame you.

how to get into Total War

Although the skinks were doing well to mow down the dwarves unfortunate enough to make it past the wall, they can't step toe to toe with them in melee.

Also old veteran who came back a few weeks ago, like some sort of prophecy pertaining to the recently announced dream game of my dreams, Three Kingdoms Total War.

Warhammer although not really complex in many sorts, is a great title if you always wanted big fantasy battles.

We're in /twg/, we're here to talk about total war do why would you assume anything otherwise? You do know that these big battles are made up of thousands of small scale actions fought by individual companies? It's impossible for a general to micromanage his troops. The battles would be about breaking through enemy lines and encircling concentrations of troops. Evidently the mass of WW2 media didn't teach you anything.

>tripfag worship

Leave.

Buy one, install and then click on the play button.

Pick a setting you like

>implying I wasn't being ironic
love you user

Kroxigors are suppose to guard skinks? Or something of the sort? I thought it would be thematic to build up the Kroxigors coming to their rescue.

>dream game of my dreams
Unintentional.

so they all play the same? there isn't a beginner friendly entry?

they arent that complicated

okay then, guess I'll start with the warhammer one since I got it in the monthly bundle

Just remember that they pretty much are all the same.

Warhammer is a good start, so is Shogun 2 if you have it.

Unguarded artillery, eh?

Both are workers. Skinks are brain, Kroxigors are brawn

thanks, gonna go download that shit now

>why would you assume anything otherwise?
Because I don't live in some isolated world where only Total War exists. I've seen WW2 many many times and there is nothing new about it for me. I guess it could be fine for a newborn child who previously had no experience with that setting.
>You do know that these big battles are made up of thousands of small scale actions fought by individual companies?
So, on the strategic map, you have that epic battle and then on the tactical level, you only control 1% of your forces while 99% of your forced do whatever they want? It's not much of a good game design.

they had a mixed unit in tabletop whered youd take like 30 skinks and 4 kroxigor, and use the skinks as wounds so to die instead of the kroxigor

Neither Kroxigors or Skinks are actually meant for fighting. Saurus are in much shorter supply since the polar gates broke so they have supplement the battle-line somehow.
They work well together because skinks are focused and energetic while kroxigors are steadfast and powerful.

Still no solid total war killer?

20 minutes of fighting, and they're still coming. At least with the gate open, the Kroxigors can stop watching the Saurus fight on the walls, and get some gate combat going.

Woah I was a little off then. I'm not sure why, but I thought there was a little-big brother dynamic going on with them.

Interesting. Really don't know much about the lore, other than I'm lizard people and dinosaurs. Crocodiles were my favourite animals as a kid, so it was only fitting that I play lizardmen with Kroxigors as my first WH2 campaign.

Those already exist here. They just bitch about fantasy for now

>you only control 1% of your forces while 99% of your forced do whatever they want?
This is how every total game works to get realistic numbers.

The strategic map would be about maneuvering your troops, planning for offensives and beating back counter attacks. Resources would also play a much larger role rather than simply providing income.

Kroxigors are Lennie and Skinks are George.

In every total war game, you use in tactical battle exactly the same forces that you bring on the strategic map.

>map on bottom requires 2000x processing power to bring to image

HOW LONG CAN CA GET AWAY WITH RELEASING CAMPGAIN MAPS THAT ARE OPTIMIZED TO TRASH

Thoughts?

Exotic carpet of a few thousand dwarves, and they're still coming.

>Woah I was a little off then. I'm not sure why, but I thought there was a little-big brother dynamic going on with them.
there is, skinks just suck balls so people would always kill them off first. in lizardmens society skinks are the architects, traders, artisans, basic dudes and kroxigor are the lunkheads who the skinks make build shit

CA have been making campaign gameplay for over 20 years now, and they still can't get it right. The campaigns of Warhammer especially are just terrible. They really should just let someone else do the campaigns.

What the fuck tank is that? I'm thinking a großtraktor but it doesn't look anything like that.

Which spic language is this? ;^)

>Fantasyshit in the foreground
Ya blew it

History belongs in books and documentaries, and nowhere else.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with a "N"

>Nagash still not(?) announced

So on the global map you have millions of soldiers, on strategic you planning your battle and after that, on the tactical level, you only control hundreds of them? That sounds like a really bad game design. Just try to imagine what are you describing.

Not a few hundred, a few thousands and that's how it was fought. Nothing wrong with it. You screeching about game design doesn't change anything.

>decide to watch Three Kingdoms show in preparation for game
>poster's saying how good Cow Cow is
> Cao Cao slaughters his uncles entire village by accident

What the fuck

The dwarves really fucking tried their hearts out, I'll give them that. Unroutable little fucks.

It's been so long I had to google what you meant. I like it.

Sounds a little bit like orcs and goblins. I assume a little bit more civil, though.

Yeah, but the troops on the strategic map obviously aren't to an exact 1:1 scale, and represent more than the men used in battle.
Or do you think that agents are single people doing shit like blowing up walls?